⭐ī¸đŸ’° Monthly Challenge & Dailies Feedback Megathread

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,964 posts

heatherm19 • 2 February 2023 at 12:44 AM

@Orderedchaos donating items individually may be messed up too, I just donated 1 item and i see it in the donations center but it's still showing 0 for the dailies count.

Female
2,043 posts

lynncrow • 2 February 2023 at 12:47 AM

Mods already know donations are a little wonky. If you want to do that quest, click the image of the item and donate them one at a time. Otherwise it doesn't track it properly.

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 2 February 2023 at 12:47 AM

well since one of the dailies today is to post on the forums, i may as well write down some of my initial feedback, was going to wait a few more days x)

also quick side note about the rerelease voting thing: agree 100% it should be a poll with choices!

a small QoL suggestion i have for the dailies: a "Claim All" button so we don't have to click "Claim" for every daily we complete which refreshes the page each time

another suggestion that i think would help quell a lot of concerns about certain dailies: allow us to exchange 1 daily per day for a new, random daily. for example let's say you got the "post on 3 walls" daily and you really didn't want to do that, you could exchange it and get a new random daily which could be anything else like clicking creatures etc.

in the same sort of vein - while i think 25 days completed out of the month is fairly reasonable, i do think it would really suck if lets say you missed a few days and you were 23 or 24 out of 25 and didn't get the CC because of that. my suggestion for this would be to add some sort of "missed day" system where you can pay EC or maybe do extra dailies and make up for 1 or 2 missed days. my other alternative idea would be to make the rewards tiered - let's say if you do at least 23 days or something you get 50 CC, if you do all 25 days you get the full 100 CC reward.

i have some concerns about dailies like donate 10 items and visit the cave 15 times as well - if these are fairly rare to get and we only get them a few times a month then i think its okay but if it's a common thing i think those numbers are a bit too high. 15 cave visits feels a bit too high for some people who may not be able to devote a lot of time to the game every day (although i recognize the dailies are not supposed to be too easy, this system is definitely a privilege and not a right)

my other initial comments are that i overall think this is a very positive change and i like that it is attempting to revive certain aspects of the site such as the click exchange. i think 100 CC a month is fair since this is a game that is meant to be played long term as you can see by how many users have been around for years and years. it definitely gives me more motivation to play and to spend a bit more time on the site every day. i like the direction it is headed in and i'm definitely grateful for this new change.

sorry for the lengthy post! i may have more feedback later in the month but that's where i'm at as of right now 😊 thanks egg cave team!

edit: i also agree the EC rewards per daily could be a little higher or maybe you can get a random item or travel as a reward occasionally

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 2 February 2023 at 12:50 AM

This is a minor thing, but I'll be lucky to get even 5 extra cave attempts in, so I won't be able to use the 100% greater chance of a cave monthly after handing in the daily quests on any day where cave attempts is one of the tasks

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 2 February 2023 at 1:01 AM

Out of respect for the users with social anxiety, maybe there could be a "turn-off wall posts" button?

There are users like me who don't mind the forum posting or wall posting because we're chatty anyway so it gets us points when we're already doing that (can see the logic)

But. Maybe the forum posting/wall posting can be an optional task? Instead of having 5 mandatory tasks there could be 6 where users can choose which 5 to complete?

It gives the option to not do it if they aren't comfortable 😊

Female
28 posts

wolfmoon • 2 February 2023 at 1:05 AM

I love this...it's a sweet idea!

Male
297 posts

dragiigy • 2 February 2023 at 1:07 AM

Donaiting one by one works. And I finally got some popcorn - for tonights movie 😃

About writting on forum: a little tip. Use Introduction topic and welcome new players 😉

Female
28 posts

wolfmoon • 2 February 2023 at 1:10 AM

I agree with sapphire12 on this....I've been tortured by people for years and as a result I can't really talk to people very much, or really look at them. I mean..full blown conversations is a major no no for me, do to extreme anxiety.

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 2 February 2023 at 1:14 AM

wolfmoon, would having it as an optional task where you could opt to do something else (maybe feed more creatures) suit you?

Female
28 posts

wolfmoon • 2 February 2023 at 1:15 AM

Yeah, it'll work alot better for me!

@sapphire12

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 2 February 2023 at 1:24 AM

thank you wolfmoon!

@snowywinter @heatherm19 - sorry for the ping but if you have the capacity, can you let us know what you think of having the social tasks as an optional and you can opt to do something else to get your point that way?

Female
2,964 posts

heatherm19 • 2 February 2023 at 1:27 AM

@sapphire12 Yes, that would be very helpful! I could choose to do the social one if I was feeling well, but not have to miss out on a day when my anxiety acts up.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 2 February 2023 at 1:36 AM

@sapphire12

I'd be fine if *any* social interaction was counted. / They were all lumped as the same.
But in a way the workarounds (Mod approved) work just fine. (i.e. posting to one's wall and then deleting the posts.) And some others are fine with finding a game post where you only need to type a number and be on the way.

(Personally though I agree with the person who mentioned this now will make one wonder if people are coming to genuinely say something... or are they just doing it for the tasks. I prefer knowing people @ me because they wanted to interact with me and not just for the sake of it.)

Though I think overall... we should get five "strikes" a month where we can choose to do an optional activity. It would be something chosen at random (but not one of the Dailies already listed.) ... and it would be up to us to choose wisely when to ask for a "mulligan."

Sorry I don't have a more thoughtful, better worded reply. Dealing with something very stressful at home rn. (I'll probably be backing away from the topic until it's resolved. Right now my brain is just shutting down from all the worry.)

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 2 February 2023 at 1:45 AM

@heatherm19 @/snowywinter thank you for your inputs 😊

I know there are more of you out there and in this thread with social anxiety but couldn't sift through and ping all of you 😊 (we all play this game for escapism sometimes)

I was just reading the feedbacks concerning it and tried to find a solution that works for both types of people.

@mods I don't know how feasible or easy it is to code the "optional social dailies" solution but I would agree it's a priority to find a solution to be inclusive 😊

If that involves removing or changing the social dailies then so be it. But I'd be a little sad for it to go 😊

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 2 February 2023 at 1:55 AM

DO NOT DONATE ITEMS IN BULK
learned that the hard way... donating one by one works tho

Female
2,211 posts

thedarkarcher • 2 February 2023 at 2:12 AM

Same happened to me end up donating 20 items instead, least it looks more full

Female
1,654 posts

alraune3 • 2 February 2023 at 2:16 AM

@Orderedchaos
I just donated a single item and it did not count so far. I hope, @Ian can fix that soon.

Female
6 posts

lutienlovemagic • 2 February 2023 at 2:22 AM

@ heatherm19 Same here! I donated 11 items and it didn't count anything.

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 2 February 2023 at 2:52 AM

i really like the suggestions about adding these 2 tasks.
1.donate a creature to adoption center
2.donate ec to the SARC fund.
especially the SARC one! creatures will be funded sooner because of this daily. isnt that cool? 😊
doesnt have to be a HUGE amount ,it cn be like 1k ec or 10k ec

Female
934 posts

shirothekittehlover • 2 February 2023 at 3:43 AM

@alraune3 @lutienlovemagic
..I thought i'm the only one who experienced that ☚ī¸

Non-binary
109 posts

dragonelle • 2 February 2023 at 3:49 AM

Same for me, it doesn't count when I make a donation ☚ī¸

Female
6 posts

lutienlovemagic • 2 February 2023 at 3:49 AM

@shirothekittehlover Hi! If you want to do that quest, click the image of the item and donate them one at a time. It works for me.

Female
934 posts

shirothekittehlover • 2 February 2023 at 3:50 AM

@lutienlovemagic
.......Ah. That's what I didn't do earlier.....

Female
62 posts

tehuti88 • 2 February 2023 at 3:59 AM

I'm now wondering what counts as a forum post that isn't spam...? I have nothing to say so it all seems spammy.

I'm so awful at the "social" quests, I can't chat on walls, or forums, or private messages, it's all equally distressing to me. I was supposed to trade an egg to someone a while back but I chickened out and left them hanging and still feel awful. ;_;

51 posts

crazyangel4life • 2 February 2023 at 3:59 AM

So far I like the new daily challenges.

Female
1,757 posts

minnie298a • 2 February 2023 at 4:03 AM

@sapphire12
Personally, with yesterdays wall post, I posted on my own wall and then deleted the comments.

Todays forum posts seemed easier. Partially because I'm in a slightly better frame of mind, partially because posts in the Games section counted and I felt less judged posting there.

There was something about how those who don't like interacting do things like trading (can't be bothered going to find that, and it may have been in the blog comments). Personally, I need to psych myself up. It can take the majority of my interactions out of me for the day (which sucks as I live with an extrovert who doesn't get how an introvert operates). I may think about it for a day or two. Sometimes the delay in me responding is me talking myself into it. Also that communication has a distinct purpose. It is to fulfill a need, want or desire I have. That is a totally different ballgame to random chitchat.

Female
1,654 posts

alraune3 • 2 February 2023 at 4:31 AM

@lutienlovemagic
Thank you! It worked. 😊

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 2 February 2023 at 4:51 AM

Hi Minnie 😊 I sort of get how that feels. I think I'm on the cusp of introversion/extroversion on this site. There are days where I want to talk to everybody under the sun. There are days where I want to hide that I'm online and just do my dailies.

I understand that there are workarounds for the "social dailies" but it may help those who can't even muster the energy to do those workarounds? I know we all have off days sometimes.

@tehuti88 @minnie298a what do you think of making the "social dailies" optional and having another non social one to complete to earn your point?

Or are the workarounds - forum games/own wall enough?

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 2 February 2023 at 5:13 AM

As far as social tasks go, I really don't understand this 'my anxiety won't let me ):' way of thinking. Do we not all have the capacity to post on our walls?

That said, I know that anxiety - and depression - can make even that a harder task than it needs to be. I'd like to think that a 'reroll quest for 1000 EC' button would be a good introduction to this. Maybe limiting the amount of rerolls you can do in a day, because that'd make the entire concept moot, but it could be a happy solution.

Non-binary
109 posts

dragonelle • 2 February 2023 at 5:18 AM

@lutienlovemagic Hi ! I tried your tips but it didn't work for me ☚ī¸