⭐ī¸đŸ’° Monthly Challenge & Dailies Feedback Megathread

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,043 posts

lynncrow • 23 June 2023 at 5:49 PM

Figured I would post here again since it's been a while and the quest gives me an excuse to lol.

So I can't say I have any complaints. I like the changes that have been made. Any suggestion I have would be less about the event and more so about possible quality of life changes that the event has brought to light for me.

I lied one is event focused.
- A collect all button would be cool and I'd like the dailies to link to a parent page if possible. I know not all of them would be, restock has too many options, profile posts are out of luck, and would you want to go to your inventory for donations or the donations shop? I understand if this doesn't become a thing now that I thought it through. lol

-User shop organization. I'd like to sort by what I added to my shop most recently or by price so I can easily see what I haven't priced out. At this point I only price out items if I have multiple in stock cause otherwise it's a lot for me to price out accurately rather than flat prices that I see many people use. Questing has made me realize how much of a chore restocking is, but I'd like to still be able to do so.

I know there were other things, but honestly, I can't remember. They'll come to me some other time.

Female
2,964 posts

heatherm19 • 1 July 2023 at 12:31 PM

I must say, I feel like last month was a lot more balanced with the dailies. I'd have to look to someone else for the actual data, but to me it *felt* like specific tasks were more spaced out and we were getting more variety in regards to different tiers. (I'd still love to see more tasks added though, maybe there could be a new task or two added to the rotation every 6 months or something? Just to keep it interesting and give users even more variety an such.)

Female
1,757 posts

minnie298a • 1 July 2023 at 1:00 PM

@heatherm19
June That should lead to my notes on last months tasks (if that failed as I'm just cave hunting on my tablet at 3am, they are on Capricole the Capricoco, or links to all the months can be found on the profile of my featured pet, Weft the Wicculin).

I agree that they seemed more balanced. Or maybe the difficult tiers seemed more spread out, or was distorted due to the amount of quests in May. That may be it, May vs June.

Anyway, can't wait to see what July throws at us.

Female
2,745 posts

jlya • 12 July 2023 at 1:21 PM

Petition to make user shop purchases count for the restock daily! Thoughts?
@heatherm19 @minnie298a @lynncrow

Appreciating the easier month so far ❤ī¸ Hopefully August won't come back to bite us.

Female
2,043 posts

lynncrow • 12 July 2023 at 3:42 PM

@jlya

I think it'd be a cool idea, but unfortunately is too easy to exploit. Someone could list a bunch of 1EC items from their side and buy them from their main.

Female
1,757 posts

minnie298a • 12 July 2023 at 6:23 PM

@jlya
I can understand the concept, and while it may encourage some to quest when not a task, I just personally don't like the idea,

There are 8 NPC shops and even on "restock" days, I've always noticed items available. 6 of those shops are directly quest related. Another is travel based (and I don't set foot in the Bean Sack as I have no need for those items).

What I would like is some sort of more reliable popup for completion. I've noticed it doesn't always seem to pop up for me.

Or some sort of reminder or auto collect for completed tasks. The other say I did most before heading to bed, but still had a cave attempt to do. Next morning (all my time, so left about 4am cave time, returning about 7pm) did the extra cave visits, but didn't notice the pop up saying I'd completed the task, so didn't go collect any of the 11ths awards. Didn't even cross my mind as it's something I normally do at night.

The day as a whole still counted towards the 100CC though.

Female
2,964 posts

heatherm19 • 12 July 2023 at 9:28 PM

@minnie298a I've noticed the complete-task popup inconsistency as well. It's sorta understandable with feeding/clicking, since I open many tabs at once and I'm sure that throws things off, but I've been noticing it with forum posts and even occasionally the one-step ones (Trivia, Alkub racing, etc).

@jlya I would *love* that, as I tend to buy more from user shops than the NPC shops in general, and personally I hate the idea of just 'throwing away' ec in the NPC shops just to fulfill a daily (because yeah there are a handful of different shops but sometimes they don't actually show anything new on 'restock' times for multiple 'restocks', and as I restock my own strongroom I'm finding it harder to find stuff in the NPC shops that I actually want to buy...).
However, I think it's probably unlikely to happen, as it could be easily exploitable and could also lead to even more stagnation in the NPC shops if people aren't buying from there as much.

Female
2,745 posts

jlya • 13 July 2023 at 1:31 PM

@heatherm19 @minnie298a @lynncrow
Thank you for the feedback! I hadn't thought about how it could be exploited. I really appreciate you all taking the time to reply honestly ❤ī¸
I have also noticed the inconsistency in the popups. Normally not an issue for me but sometimes it does cause me to forget.

78 posts

kediset • 14 July 2023 at 10:08 AM

getting delayed pop ups isn't the issue for me.. I just straight up forget ^^; but yea, a reminder AND auto-collect would be nice (did mention an idea of reminder earlier myself o-o)

735 posts

nut • 16 July 2023 at 10:24 AM

seconding the reminder or autocollect idea 😊 I often find myself forgetting to redeem the rewards, and it might be easier to just automatically generate the reward in the same popup as the completion popup. thank you for listening to user suggestions, the challenges have come a long way since they started!

Female
2,043 posts

lynncrow • 25 July 2023 at 10:55 PM

Quick question, does anyone know if using bait at the cave counts towards the 'use or consume' quests?

I haven't tested it myself and I also haven't had the items it asked for. lol

Female
1,757 posts

minnie298a • 31 July 2023 at 12:09 AM

@lynncrow
I just tried it, and baiting does not count toward the use/consume quests.

Female
2,043 posts

lynncrow • 31 July 2023 at 4:19 PM

Interesting. Well, I suggest that it be added to the actions that count as consuming an item. lol

Female
2,745 posts

jlya • 27 August 2023 at 7:10 PM

I agree with the above statement ^^

Just wanted to say thank you for the staff for taking all of our feedback. I feel like it has been very balanced since all the updates and the dailies are a perfect level of availability ❤ī¸

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 9 October 2023 at 12:53 AM

My asteroid visit did not count towards the dailies today. 😊 Anyone else?

Female
1,757 posts

minnie298a • 9 October 2023 at 12:58 AM

@daisycat
Mine counted, and I did it over 30 minutes ago (probably closer to 50).

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 9 October 2023 at 1:00 AM

@minnie298a
Ah. I visited around that time, too. 🤔

Female
1,757 posts

minnie298a • 9 October 2023 at 1:05 AM

@daisycat
Hmm. I have no ideas then. Good luck getting it sorted out.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 9 October 2023 at 1:41 AM

@daisycat
Did you visit the Asteroid before the dailies reset.

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 9 October 2023 at 9:45 AM

@mastergemma
Pretty sure I visited after, I know I didn't do it at midnight immediately.

It's okay either way, I don't actively partake in the dailies anymore. I posted to see if anyone else had the same problem and needed their visit reset too so it could count for them.

Female
760 posts

okami • 9 October 2023 at 12:17 PM

@daisycat @mastergemma

My asteroid attempt also didn't count towards my dailies for today :/ I already sent in a ticket regarding it though.

Edit: Issue was resolved via ticket 😊

Female
2,745 posts

jlya • 15 November 2023 at 2:00 PM

When there are this many quests in a month in a short period (12 quests basically every other day for two weeks) it becomes nearly impossible to complete the quests. At this point the majority of quest items in user shops are either sky-high (usually galleries) or nowhere to be found at all. Our strongrooms get cleared out and NPC shops take forever to restock the item you're looking for. It's difficult to find 5 affordable quests to complete, let alone 12.
I realize there is an algorithm for the dailies and not a staff member who chooses them day to day. Just wanted to air out my frustration a bit.

Female
2,964 posts

heatherm19 • 15 November 2023 at 5:06 PM

I agree. I told someone else today that I was *very* tempted to just write off today and not do the quests, but I'm stubbornly hanging on to my 'haven't missed a day!'. I can't help but wonder what exactly influences the algorithm and why it goes for stretches of time being fairly varied day to day and then it changes to giving a specific task notably more often.
(and as a habit I'll ask @minnie298a, do you have stats for quests so far this month?) (Just looking at minnie's stats for October it definitely seems the quest-days were spread out more last month than they have been this month.)

Female
1,757 posts

minnie298a • 15 November 2023 at 9:45 PM

@jlya @heatherm19
So far this month (including today the 15th) we have had 7 days with a quest daily.

Broken down it's:
5 x 12 quests - 02, 04, 11, 13, 15
1 x 7 quests - 06
1 x 5 quests - 08
Or 72 total quests.

I will agree this has been a bad month. And it's been a while since we've had such a month, almost like the good luck had to run out eventually. I want to say May for the 12, but last month and I think August where high on the 7's.

Personally, I haven't had any issues, but I also have a strongroom that is stocked with a large variety of items. I randomly restock/buy out items from the NPC shops on non restock quest days to help keep it so. But again, I have the privilege of having the time and ec to do so. Anything I have more than 2 of (or 4 for travels because I might use them on pets) is earmarked for my shop, or given away on the quest board.

If anyone wants to check it out, the stats for the dailies can be found on the following pages: February March April May June July August September October . Or accessed through the Random Data Cove on my profile.
Haven't started typing up this months yet.

Female
145 posts

dragongirl02 • 16 November 2023 at 1:14 AM

I also posted a post on my wall as I noticed it.
What's up with the dailies' practical bouncing between the dreaded 15 Cave and 12 Quest? I took a break on Monday; I just did not want to deal with it as I was dealing with some mail issues on top of the usually busy Monday. Then screwed up Tuesday as I was dealing with something else, so I got messed up by the cave cooldowns. I have to be cautious now, though.
I've been doing okay with Quest, but I've been playing for a while, so my storage has some backstock. The 15 cave ones annoyed me, and it did not help as rollover time was rolling into meal time; with the daylight saving ending for the year for the USA, the offset change got the rollover to stop rolling into mealtimes. It seems there is no current way, as far as I know, to make 15 cave attempts within one hour, with the cooldowns giving stuff that equals over an hour. There may be a way to do the 15 cave attempts in an hour, but how is unknown to me with the cooldown timers doing what they do.

Female
1,654 posts

alraune3 • 16 November 2023 at 2:46 AM

@jlya
Thank you for pointing that out. I also suffer from the many 12-quest days this month. I don't have a large strongroom of items, and I delete any quest where I would have to pay more than 10,000 EC for an item. It's not fun and it's very time consuming. I was hoping for a little rest today, but no - I'm supposed to click 300 exchange creatures. The second worst task for me...

I'm still hoping that we'll be able to swap a task at some point.

Edit Friday, November 17:
Another bad RNG luck day with 12 quests. It's like in May of this year. I think I'm out of dailies for this month...☚ī¸

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 28 November 2023 at 4:02 PM

Hi guys!

This month I left the dailies, but from time to time I visited the site - does anyone have an explanation why there are so many quests? There again random went crazy and the admins missed it AGAIN?

Female
2,562 posts

dragrawr • 28 November 2023 at 4:05 PM

@mindwhiper not sure, I think the rng went insane again. It was hard not to drop out this month ☚ī¸

Female
2,964 posts

heatherm19 • 21 December 2023 at 12:16 AM

*bump*

@Ian Is there any way we can get some info on how the rng for dailies works? Limitations, frequency, whatever? Last month there was a disproportionate amount of quest-days, and this month there seem to be too many profile-comment days, including two days in a row (yesterday and today). Based on my own wall comments we've had this same task 4 times in the past week alone. I'd really like to at least understand a little better *why* there seem to be these clumps, where a certain tasks happens more often than usual, rather than things being more evenly spaced out.

Has there been any thought to the idea of adding more types of tasks? I don't know *what* exactly, but there must be a few more things that can be added to help the variety. (Entering the CSP lottery? Going to a certain number of pages in the Archive? Collecting interest from your strongroom?)

Female
1,757 posts

minnie298a • 21 December 2023 at 1:55 AM

@heatherm19
If I've counted right, today (21st) is the 13th profile day for the month. So its still close to equal.

In saying that, it's the 5th profile day in a row, but there was also 4 forum days in a row earlier in the month. I also feel like I noticed the profile runs more, just due to the cool down using my own wall, versus 3 quick game posts.