⭐️💰 Monthly Challenge & Dailies Feedback Megathread

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,653 posts

alraune3 • 28 March 2023 at 1:51 AM

Dear @Ian @Orderedchaos or other staff members, don't you think it's time to say something about the strange behavior of the random generator regarding quests? Some players are becoming quite desperate about this. Yesterday it took me until late at night after work to complete the seven quests, I'm dead tired and today instead of relief there are 12 quests again, for the umpteenth time this month. Since I can't skip the day, I guess it will be another night with too little sleep...

Please be so kind and reconsider these quest tasks.

Female
328 posts

passionate • 28 March 2023 at 2:09 AM

@stormwarden thank you!! and @musicgurl333 wow i never really thought of that lmao. that helps me a ton. i *try* to do it properly like by taking the time to welcome newbies and stuff but i'm a newbie myself so it feels weird XD

to the mods, i brought this up on another thread but has anyone considered coding an alternative way to obtain items rather than just endlessly sinking EC? like if an adventure area is too much to code, having items randomly dropping on the site via browse. like for me that would help alleviate being a new player and not having a mountain of items

Androgyne
38 posts

kairinrose • 28 March 2023 at 2:24 AM

I think that the implemented fix is doing what it’s supposed to- that is, we aren’t having two of the same hard task in a row- but there might need to be a similar code implemented for quests, maybe so we don’t get the same theme of quest more than two days in a row (as in, if we get profile comments on Monday and Tuesday, it’s not an option for Wednesday).

Female
2,043 posts

lynncrow • 28 March 2023 at 6:57 AM

I will agree that the quest daily seems to be popping up more frequently than it should. I'm debating if I'm going to skip it today or not. lol

Female
1,179 posts

ahgirltc • 28 March 2023 at 7:14 AM

my poor heart sank when i saw the basket quest icon again... v_v

cant imagine how much ec drain that would be next month without the 2x ec feeding boost from the dragold ☹️

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 28 March 2023 at 7:21 AM

WHAT THE HECK.
Quests again?!

Female
260 posts

sybil_howlett • 28 March 2023 at 7:32 AM

Ugh, I lost alot of my EC to get the items I need to finish the quests 😞 and some of the items at the user shop that I need are too expensive, like 99,999,999 EC and I don't see the appeal to wait for hours for the other shops to have the items I need 😆
I already got my CC for this month but it's very hard and it is a bit annoying.
How about we need to finish four of the five dailies to get it easier for the folks. Maybe not every day but at some harder days?
So if you finished four dailies you still have the chance to get to your CC.

Female
328 posts

passionate • 28 March 2023 at 8:29 AM

well, i feel like the idea is that CC shouldn't be easy to get. CC might seem greedy to some but it is how the site is run because it isn't cheap to run a website with hundreds of users

1,134 posts

hikanu • 28 March 2023 at 12:01 PM

And 12 again for the 8th time. I am not angry, I'm not even disappointed. I'm just tired and I haven't done a single of the 12 quest days.

@minnie298a Thank you! 😊

So I was right in my assumption, I was just off by the number of days. Even if we had a day off on the 21st it fits with my prior assumption that the 5 quest day fell around a long streak of profile comments (with a 1 day break) and I simply did not pay attention to it because it, somehow, irritated me less that particular day. XD

@passionate I'm introverted, so just the thought of bothering someone I don't know - even if they say I can, is hard. It's much easier pinging people on the forum because it's an open discussion and everyone can join in. And if I don't feel like talking to people, there's the forum games and contests.

Female
328 posts

passionate • 28 March 2023 at 12:10 PM

@hikanu fellow introvert knowing exactly what you mean! i dont even like pinging people in forums because i just worry that im annoying them D: like ik the dailies arent supposed to be easy but should they be causing mental anguish (,: hahah the struggle is real!!

i remember that streak of profile comments .. it haunts m e

1,134 posts

hikanu • 28 March 2023 at 12:30 PM

@passionate The struggle of an introvert. So I'm stuck between - do I feel angry and irritated with the pointlessness of this for 5 minutes? Or do I anguish for hours over who to bother for no reason? - Neither are fun but the first option is over quicker.

It was haunting. That's for sure. ^^'

And I know the dailies aren't supposed to be easy - but this month it's apparently too much to ask that they're fair, so I gave up completing this month on the 7th day of 12 quests and I know it was the right decision for me. XD

Bigender
74 posts

zoruna • 28 March 2023 at 1:58 PM

More quests!? I can't miss any more days at this stadium, so I have to do them, but I'm sick of it! There are no longer any cove missions, or clicks / feeds, there are only quests, quests, and more quests! 7 or 12 on top of that! Please fix this, it's no longer fun at all... It's still crazy that even skipping days, telling me "tomorrow there will FINALLY be no quests" is always worse the next day, because there are still and always! It's really starting to annoy me personally, it's becoming a chore... To believe that this daily is compulsory when not! It is possible to have tours of the cave, but where are they? I have the impression that they have been completely removed and that the daily quests have become an obligation...

Female
2,962 posts

heatherm19 • 28 March 2023 at 3:18 PM

@passionate I completely agree the point of this new feature isn't to make CC *easy* to get, just to help make it accessible at all to people who can't spend actual money here. I'm all for the idea in general and I was really excited about the whole thing at first.

But there must be some in-between, something between 'too easy' and 'so overwhelming it's not fun and players are starting to dislike the whole thing'. And I think it really did feel more balanced in the beginning, at least that's how it felt to me. It feels like the dailies have gotten harder, in large part due to the overabundance of quest dailies and the still rather large numbers it's requiring.

I still think it would be helpful to have some guaranteed 'easy' days in between all the more effort and time intensive ones. If we have 12 quests as a daily one day, then the next day all the dailies should be low/medium-tier. (Also, maybe not have more than 1 'hard-tier' task a day, today we have the hard-tier for both quests and feeding...)

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 28 March 2023 at 3:46 PM

@heatherm19
I agree, it seemed more balanced last month. The more it gets "fixed", the rougher it's become.

The only major tweaks so far that I've noticed( /remember) made an overall improvement to the experiment/mood is:
1) Getting rid of Blog posting as a requirement (The sheer overwhelming amount of posts was insane! - Though I do have a fond memory of getting creative with my "not" spam posts >.< )
2) adding/upping EC & items for completing tasks

3) (and one of them where the required numbered was lessened... I think Cave attempts. But I feel like that was a small change. Worthwhile, but I wouldn't consider it a major shift. ...But that in itself speaks volumes that it didn't come to mind right away. Because the anguish was there when it was 20 attempts. And that proves the point; It's at a reasonable number now to where it's a non-issue. 15 attempts is hard some days, but it doesn't suck the fun out of the game either.
I suggest 9 as the maximum number of Quests for Daily task.)

32 posts

pewpewkachu • 28 March 2023 at 4:30 PM

@passionate @hikanu

You guys know that you can just post on your own profile and then delete the comments after for the profile Daily, yeah? Either that, or after you feed, just comment "Fed all" or something on that user's profile, since most don't mind and I'm sure they understand that you might need it for the daily. Most people that don't want comments are pretty open about letting you know.

Female
2,742 posts

jlya • 28 March 2023 at 4:32 PM

This is like the 5th day in a row for questing. Everyone's user shops are running low on stock and I can't find anything I need, let alone for a decent price. 12 quests is really really difficult to complete when the user shops are already out of stock.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 28 March 2023 at 5:37 PM

@pewpewkachu Yes.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 28 March 2023 at 7:17 PM

I've double-checked the dailies system task that selects everything each day, and it's just terrible RNG for the questing one. Sorry about that.

Looking into other safeguards to ensure things are properly rotated.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 28 March 2023 at 7:24 PM

Thank you Ian for giving us a quick update on the situation! ❤️

Female
910 posts

saturna • 28 March 2023 at 8:16 PM

I had a feeling it was due to crazy bad luck... Thanks for the reassurance!

Female
328 posts

passionate • 28 March 2023 at 9:11 PM

@pewpewkachu hehe yeah i do now, thanks to this thread-- i suppose i just get worked up over it because i'm new to the site and pretty freaking shy. i didnt know the "fed" comments was a thing until i got a few of them on my wall ^-^ that being said, i dont even mind if ppl are friendly or spam my wall with dad jokes or somethin'. as easy going as i am, i always worry that other ppl are not and i dont wanna inadvertently do something to get me blocked ;-;

glad it has been addressed, excited for what next month brings!

Female
1,653 posts

alraune3 • 29 March 2023 at 2:17 AM

@Ian Thank you so much for checking again. I am very glad that the many quests were not intentional.😊

Bigender
74 posts

zoruna • 29 March 2023 at 5:27 AM

I am reassured to finally find an easy day, and without any quest to do! It was starting to get really suffocating and tiring... Thanks for checking this, also reassured to see that it was indeed a bug. Let's hope he doesn't come back to haunt us

Female
2,962 posts

heatherm19 • 30 March 2023 at 12:23 AM

I'm so thankful for that rather easy day yesterday. ... But now it's back to 12 quests. This has got to be the *worst* RNG luck ever, lol.

Hopefully April will be more balanced, with fewer heavy quest days!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 30 March 2023 at 12:33 AM

@heatherm19
April 1st (A day of pranks in some cultures) :
12 Quests
300 Clicks in the Click exchange
300 Feeds
10 Restocks
Use 10 Items
(Anything less will now be a positive outcome ; P )

(Trying to find humor in the situation, but I'm literally steaming mad. went to brush my teeth after seeing 12 and was fogging up the mirror >.< )

But I do agree... I was grateful for the relatively easy day yesterday.

17 after midnight for the Trivia to reset. Seems like it is getting later and later. I was starting to panic on a day where it is a requirement for Monthly (and no spare days left. On the bright side it's not a weekend if it had glitched.)

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 30 March 2023 at 12:47 AM

Oh man...this quest thing is so wild that I literally laughed when I saw 12 quests again. What is happening?? Where are the 5 quests?? Hopefully this means that in April the RNG will gift us with all easy dailies. lol. There honestly needs to be some kind of tweak to this quest system.

Bigender
74 posts

zoruna • 30 March 2023 at 8:55 AM

Another difficult day with 12 quests and only difficult or average dailies... I thought that the problem had been solved. It would seem that the randomness is no longer done, and is content to alternate between 2 days of daily newspapers. I really hope this will be fixed for the next month, because it's really very annoying...

1,134 posts

hikanu • 30 March 2023 at 12:29 PM

I'm sorry... But I actually laughed when I looked at the tasks for today. We're way past the point of ridiculous now, please stop. XD

Female
2,742 posts

jlya • 30 March 2023 at 12:36 PM

Skipping today in hopes that tomorrow will have no quests :')

Edit: Hallelujah, a no-quest day! Finally claimed my CC just in time for the next month to start xD

Female
1,179 posts

ahgirltc • 30 March 2023 at 12:54 PM

jeez, another 12 quests? im so lucky to have gotten the 100cc already my gosh