⭐️💰 Monthly Challenge & Dailies Feedback Megathread

in Site Feedback & Ideas

1,134 posts

hikanu • 26 March 2023 at 11:33 AM

I would love to say that I'm surprised we get 12 quests for the 7th time this month... But I'm really not.

So now the question is... I can't miss another day. Do I just suck it up and do the 12 or do I just throw it?

It's not a question of can I or can't I, because I definitely can. It's more the principle of it. I don't want to do 12 quests and if I start doing them now, why have I been complaining?

78 posts

kediset • 26 March 2023 at 12:55 PM

that's a lot of 12 quests task days ^^; I could skip, but I'd really like to get it done sooner than later (never know what might happen in last few days)

For adjustments, don't think it should be less than 3 for minimum.. 3/5/7?

Bigender
74 posts

zoruna • 26 March 2023 at 3:12 PM

Still 12 quests... There is really a problem of randomness at this level... I miss 3 days of missions to have the CC. Luckily it's March, not February. Since March 21 or 22, I haven't validated anything... It's annoying, where are the other quests? :/

Female
2,964 posts

heatherm19 • 26 March 2023 at 3:27 PM

Personally I'd be okay with the current numbers of quests (12 being hard-tier) *if* we didn't get them so dang often, especially the high-tier. To my mind, high-tier tasks should be spread out more, so we don't get a full week of really difficult dailies. In fact I think it would be helpful if the dailies were more of a 'some hard days with high tiers, some easy days with all low tiers' instead of 'every day a mix of hard/med/easy'. I think that might help some users who just aren't able to spend the time on high-tier tasks every single day.

Female
2,745 posts

jlya • 26 March 2023 at 4:35 PM

Entirely too many quest days.

Edit: Don't mind the number of quests. Just wish there was less frequency or more variation in the amount that shows up.

141 posts

stormwarden • 26 March 2023 at 4:58 PM

echoing a lot of sentiments of the questing days, we only have so many "skip" days allowed in the month and some months are shorter than others, so I hope the frequency of 12-quest days will be taken into consideration. keeping the tasks from repeating helped a bit, but there still needs to be more balancing done to make each day feel more even. maybe something like 12-quest days can only appear twice a week? some kind of restriction so the rng isn't awful

Female
1,757 posts

minnie298a • 26 March 2023 at 8:24 PM

To go slightly against the grain, I am happy with the hard level being set at 12. Not so enthralled with the frequency it's showing up. By my notes we've had 12 quests show up 6 times this month (plus 7 twice and 5 once for a total of 91 quests).

That is despite me having the resources to do the quest tasks quickly and with ease. Despite needing to do them for the tokens for all the VEND creatures I've decided I need. Despite having control over how I spend my time.

141 posts

stormwarden • 27 March 2023 at 12:00 AM

another 7 quests oh dear....

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 27 March 2023 at 12:01 AM

Srsy?? Another 7 quests??

Female
2,964 posts

heatherm19 • 27 March 2023 at 12:15 AM

Yeah, okay, the quests are really getting out of hand now. Why do we get the exact same task (just different 'tiers') so many times, including multiple days in a row, while some other tasks are so scarce? I feel like when the 'rng gods' were reined in something else broke along the way. This can't possibly be how it was meant to go, can it?

Female
913 posts

saturna • 27 March 2023 at 12:42 AM

At the very least they've been good motivation for me to work towards 100 Baked Bun tokens...

Female
1,654 posts

alraune3 • 27 March 2023 at 1:15 AM

What use is the best motivation if you simply don't have time for these endless quests? It's Monday and I have a long day at work ahead of me. I don't get the point of it. It's just frustrating.

Bigender
74 posts

zoruna • 27 March 2023 at 4:03 AM

More quests... I'm not even surprised... The rng is broken at this level, the daily comes back every day, it's not random anymore !
Please do something to fix this, it makes daily missions boring, annoying and frustrating...
It's annoying to have quests every day, when the dailies are supposed to change every day! There is no more randomness if the same quest comes up every day, just going from 12 to 7 from time to time, to come back to the other number the next day...

1,134 posts

hikanu • 27 March 2023 at 8:44 AM

Not really in the realm of feedback, but I still want to say: I do not regret throwing in the towel yesterday.

78 posts

kediset • 27 March 2023 at 8:55 AM

I wanna skip (especially with what happened yesterday. ik it's my fault buuut..), but heaven help me if it's 12 the next day again..

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 27 March 2023 at 4:24 PM

"Note that, with this new update, it's still possible for the system to choose an unfortunate "heavy" day for the dailies. It's just that it cannot and will not happen several days in a row from here on out. If a heavy day occurs, the system must choose low and medium difficulty tiers the following day for relief."

- what was actually stated some time ago in the post.

Obviously, the randomizer is broken somewhere in it's algorithms. Has anyone seen this week with 7 and 12 quests low tier 5? No.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 27 March 2023 at 4:43 PM

@ian_hives Frankly I'm not even sure we've seen the low tier quest this month...

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 27 March 2023 at 5:16 PM

@hikanu I'm pretty sure there was one or two low-tier days. I was surprised when I had one (Dailies) done in about an hour (not even specifically trying to,) usually it takes me most of a day.
And I know there was ONE day (22nd) when it was only 5 Quests as a requirement (I just can't remember what was paired with it.) (All the rest have been 7s and 12s - if there was another day of 5s it would have been one of the 2 days earlier in the month that i had to miss.)

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 27 March 2023 at 5:27 PM

So, the questing daily has kind of grown on me, now that there are creatures in the vending machine that I actually want. But with that said, 12 quests is a lot. I think it's doable, but it's definitely a lot more time consuming, and it has come up a LOT this month. It seems like it's 12 or 7 quests every other day. I feel like the RNG needs tweaked a bit more, maybe there needs to be additional tasks added (like donating to the SAR center) to add more variety, or maybe the quest totals could be reduced (5/7/10, maybe). As it is, I feel like all of this questing is going to see people getting burned out on the monthly challenges.

Female
1,757 posts

minnie298a • 27 March 2023 at 6:01 PM

@hikanu

As @snowywinter stated 5 has been used once on the 22nd. It was grouped with 5 Donations, 300 feeds, 3 Profile comments and a trip to the Asteroid.

7 Quests was used on the 18th and 25. The 12 quests task was on the 1st, 6th, 9th, 15th, 21st, 24th, and 26th. (Which means my other count was wrong and we have been tasked with 103 quests this month so far).

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 27 March 2023 at 6:11 PM

@minnie298a
Thank you for sharing the stats! ^^
(I know I'm not the one originally asking about it, but I was curious.)

1,134 posts

hikanu • 27 March 2023 at 6:37 PM

@minnie298a Ah, that would do it. I would have been too irritable at the profile comments task to take notice. XD
Do you know how many days in a row we'd had profile commens at that point? No worries if you don't, I'm pretty sure there was at least 3 or 4 of those, and I was getting quite irritable at that, there might have been a day in between we didn't get them, I can't really tell the days apart.

But thank you for the stats. I'm pretty sure I'd subconsciously given up on this month already on the 9th given that half my leeway days were gone by then and we weren't even a 3rd of the way through the month yet.

Female
1,757 posts

minnie298a • 27 March 2023 at 9:56 PM

@hikanu
Profile Comment Days for March - 01, 04, 05, 08, 09, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 26 =12 Days.
So there was a 5 day streak, but it followed a 6 day forum streak. And there have been more forum days as well.

There were 14 profile days in February after I started taking notes on the 3rd (which was the one and only blog post day), and I think there was one before that.

Personally for the profile days I post on my own wall and immediately delete it.

Female
2,964 posts

heatherm19 • 28 March 2023 at 12:09 AM

Do I even need to say it this time? 12 quests AGAIN seriously?? This is just... Ugh. I can't even explain how annoying this is anymore. (And yeah, maybe I have no reason to complain right now since I already claimed my CC this month, but I *really* want to keep the whole 'haven't missed a single day' thing going!)

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 28 March 2023 at 12:10 AM

I'm really sorry for ppl who skipped yesterday's quests hoping today will be much easier just for found out another 12 quests ✨

Female
2,745 posts

jlya • 28 March 2023 at 12:21 AM

The algorithm is killing me on quests.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 28 March 2023 at 12:25 AM

I was pessimistically expecting one of the next four days would be another 12 and accepted that; but seriously, right after having to do 7?! I'm exhausted from doing them yesterday. I missed out on a lot of sleep to get those 7 done. *shaking my head* *grumpy face emoji*
Not sure if I can even get the 12 done today if I try. I pushed myself nearly to my limit yesterday and expended a lot of energy. (I kept dropping things because I was that physically exhausted. A lot of things had to get cleaned up for me.)
I really, really, REALLY thought after so many days in a row of getting Quests, we'd get another one off.

Kudos to the people who want these as to push to complete their token stock, but this is getting to the point of turning a lot of people off to the dailies.
no, I'm not hiding a pitch fork or torch behind me. Hey, anyone smell something burning?

Female
328 posts

passionate • 28 March 2023 at 12:27 AM

another quest day, rest in pepperonis ^^;

i'm gonna be focusing trying to build up my pathetic stock of items but once i get at least half of the quests done i'll try to lurk the quest help thread and help as many ppl as possible!

edit so i dont double post--

@hikanu i despise the profile comments task too lol i feel like such a dingus saying "hope ya have a good day~" to ppl who dont even know me, but here i am popping up acting like they, in fact, know me

i finally found a profile that said "feel free to leave comments for dailies" and i LOST IT. no idea who it is

141 posts

stormwarden • 28 March 2023 at 12:44 AM

i laughed out loud seeing the 12 quests but now i can only sigh 🥲 i just expanded my shop literally in anticipation of this quest extra rip to the people who'd skipped the previous 12-quest day(s) and now it's the 28th of the month

re: the profile comment task, people can feel free to post on mine XD i also just post on mine and delete them immediately

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 28 March 2023 at 1:17 AM

For people who hate the profile comment task, I just post on my own wall and delete it. It seems a bit silly, but I rarely post on people's walls, and don't want people to think that I'm only doing it for the dailies.

As for the 12 quests again, oof. Thankfully I can skip two more days, so this is going to be one of them. These quest dailies are really starting to feel like a grind. I would love to see this altered a bit...either to have a lower "hard" level, or have it repeat less often.

Combine that with 300 feeds and 10 donated items, and this feels like a good time to sit one out.