⭐️💰 Monthly Challenge & Dailies Feedback Megathread

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
760 posts

okami • 5 May 2023 at 3:47 PM

@alraune3

OH NO IT IS ASKING FOR 2. ;-; That is really upsetting if that is a permanent change. It felt refreshing to have at least one of the quests be one item.

Female
145 posts

dragongirl02 • 5 May 2023 at 11:47 PM

I was confused when I saw Miserable Meltdown asking for two items without an apparent announcement. It made me think I misclick on my computer. Then I wondered if it was a bug after seeing I hadn't randomly misclicked. It is or was nice to have at least one quest asking for only one item, especially for smartphone users, whether because the computer is in the repair shop (tech items do break down/malfunction) or for some other reason, the computer is inaccessible. I only did that one as it was cutting close to rollover and in real-life dinner. I checked, and it did it again right before I got pulled away for dinner right before rollover as a rollover for EC is 6 pm HST for me during the spring & summer months due to this state not following the daylight saving switch and dinner tends to start 5:30-6:00 pm HST, however on Mondays I'm doing something from 5-6 pm HST so there is that conflict too.
As it wasn't urgent, I did not complete that second two-item quest for Miserable Meltdown yet. Still, I will, assuming the items are findable.
Plus, doing that trick with quests makes it harder for new players unless they have a friend/family member that's an older player helping them.
I've already suffered some mishaps just looking at my smartphone well, trying to walk while doing tasks against the clock. I don't need the additional issues of looking for a second item when it should only be one since we still have users using their store as a gallery which confuses the RNG system for quests.

Note: Usually, I do the site dailies on my computer, but there are situations where for one reason or another, I have to do stuff, including site dailies, on my smartphone.

Edited: after dinner for clarification and additional info.

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 5 May 2023 at 11:58 PM

Whoever came up with the idea to make 2 items instead of one I sincerely wish him from all my heart to be in the same situation as me one day: when with a monstrous lack of time, you need to do something very quickly, but life seems to be telling you haha no.

Ice cream quests were a great way out when there was not enough time, you know, there are people who WORK, if this non-obvious thought certainly visited the head of someone who decided to take away the last convenience in solving quests, which I personally doubt. No thanks. No approve. Why did bright minds need to fix something that worked perfectly for everyone anyway, that almost no one complained, will forever remain a mystery for humanity.

What is it - a brilliant idea how to improve quests from a person who has never played them? Or petty revenge on players who like quests? Who knows, the answer, as usual, we will get is clearly not the one we expect...

Female
2,962 posts

heatherm19 • 6 May 2023 at 12:13 AM

WAIT what? Miserable Meltdowns is now asking for 2 items? Well freak. @Ian PLEASE tell us this isn't intentional! Having 1 quest that only asks for 1 item is SOOOO helpful on the big quest days! Two items for every quest can be prohibitively difficult on the 12-quest days.

95 posts

heatherm_side • 9 May 2023 at 12:16 AM

Posting from my side since I was the last post.... @Ian @Orderedchaos Is it intentional that Miserable Meltdowns now asks for *two* items? It was really really helpful to have one quest that only asks for 1 item, especially on 12-quest days like today! Why was that taken away?

Female
145 posts

dragongirl02 • 9 May 2023 at 12:32 AM

I am wondering the same thing too. Deciding if I should risk using my second skip day as I like to try to save those for emergencies or time conflicts, as that is what happened yesterday site time taking the first skip, as it is still Monday night my time.

Edited @ ~3:23 am ECT:
I can't wait much longer. I either have to risk doing the rest of the dailies tomorrow (my time) if I wait on a word to find out if the site's having a glitch with Quest or risk using the 2nd skip day. Had I not goofed Sunday night and caused Monday's daily run into a 5-6 pm (11 pm-12 am ECT) real-life commitment forcing me to sacrifice the first skip, I might have just used it on this mess. Though using the second skip is risky for something that could be a glitch, I am still debating it.

Female
1,653 posts

alraune3 • 9 May 2023 at 1:33 AM

@Ian @Orderedchaos
Please tell us if this is a bug or a permanent change. The latter would make the 12 quest task even more difficult and expensive.

78 posts

kediset • 9 May 2023 at 9:35 AM

could there be like a little notification to remind you to pick up rewards? Forgot to yesterday and I guess the day didn't count :' ) (if it counts without picking up rewards, then ignore this last bit. I just feel like I only skipped one day so far but I could be remembering wrong lol)

Female
2,745 posts

jlya • 9 May 2023 at 1:33 PM

Very disappointed about the update with Miserable Meltdown quests. Having one quest type that only asked for one item was the only way I could MAYBE complete the 12 quests daily. ☹️

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 9 May 2023 at 1:45 PM

Miserable Meltdown has been updated to match every other quest type, balancing the value of all quest tokens.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 9 May 2023 at 2:30 PM

@kediset I agree with this!

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 10 May 2023 at 6:29 PM

@Ian But why is this balance taken care of only now? In the key of daily tasks everything was perfectly balanced, people had a respite in ice cream quests, especially with 12 quests. I've been playing quests for 3 years here, and I've never seen a shift towards to ice cream tokens. Not once.

In addition to this question, there is another one: why there was no announcement that this change was made? This is the same change as running low creatures in the VEND.

Female
145 posts

dragongirl02 • 10 May 2023 at 11:14 PM

I'm just trying to point out the fault for doing this:
The priority should have been dealing with users using their shop as a gallery, which appears to confuse the RNG item system badly —not trying to make the 12 quests days harder or nearly impossible on people with low time or newbies (say I was able to convince at least one of my friends to join I would have to help them now since there are no stepping stones for the quest now). For example, I was fortunate Tuesday that even with multi-tasking and trying to do 12 quest tasks in under 30 minutes, which was on the computer in that case, It would have been harder if I was on my smartphone. Luckily, it only gave me a gallery shop item once, Tuesday night. What if three quests asked for gallery shop items in those 30 minutes? There would have been no way to complete that in time, forcing me to use the 2nd skip day.

Due to a real-life time conflict, I accidentally used a skip day on Monday. It was highly stressful racing against the clock Tuesday night and made me mess up another site's extremely sensitive daily; it rests it to the base reward if a single day is missed (some will probably know what the reference is). As for why I did not want to use the second skip day, I prefer to use those for emergencies or unavoidable real-life conflicts due to the weirdness of the HST time zone. Accidents tend to happen frequently in my case; you have to live in the HST timezone for at least a few years to understand the craziness I deal with. I might need one skip day for Mother's Day anyway, so I did not want to chance using the second of six skips to get around the issues of the quest changes. I likely would have had it not been for the Monday real-life time conflict; I would have used that as the first intentional skip day.

Though I agree an announcement should have been made.

Plus, some might be saving for SARC/Theif shop creatures, and having to sink extra money into the quests can make it more challenging to get the SARC/Theif shop creatures.

Female
328 posts

passionate • 10 May 2023 at 11:44 PM

i dont really understand making it two items for miserable meltdown.

when i joined i posted a topic asking which quest was most appropriate for newbies, ofc a kind user responded that miserable meltdown only needed one item. so i proceeded to buy at least one of every single item in that shop when they came around, building quite a stock up. this way, id never have to shell out extra EC i just don't have for a quest that needs two items esp on a 12 quest day. this took weeks. months.

there needs to be a different way on this site of obtaining items. the drops from completing dailies don't exactly help when half of the time they're coffee shop items and the other half it's a trinket travel for a species i'll never even be able to obtain EVER. some ppl rarely, if ever, get items in the first place. like i'm not trying to sound abrasive but this is goofy

i thought this site was different as it seemed to be listening to its userbase. i'm gonna echo the others, a heads up would have been nice. what were u thinking?

why would the dragon need two ice creams anyway that one just doesn't make sense

Female
1,756 posts

minnie298a • 11 May 2023 at 12:47 AM

@passionate
While Trinket travels are designed with a specific creature in mind, they can be used on ANY creature. For example Aarmadais the Daisypus is wearing a Kyootie Flowers (Kyootie Stage 4) travel. In fact, a lot of my creatures have mismatched trinket travels.

As for the whole Miserable Meltdown thing. I can technically understand why the change was made. I am also in the camp of those confused at the time it took to "correct" this issue and the lack of communication surrounding it.

Female
760 posts

okami • 12 May 2023 at 11:06 AM

I think a better 'solution' to the quest stuff would be to have the number of items asked for be a bit more varied for every quest type. Maybe like a 25% chance that they ask for 1 item, and 75% chance they ask for 2? Sure, there would likely be many users who quit quests the second they see it's asking for 2 items, but there would still be that hour penalty so doing the 2 item quests would still be worth it to avoid that penalty.

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 12 May 2023 at 11:32 AM

@okami Hey, I'd agree with the idea. The problem is with lack of randomizing items in the shops. I noticed unpleasant moments when items I needed shows up in stocks day after playing matched quests. I'm tired from this. Users built-up thousands EC on quest players, every quest day I bump on quest where I need item and I found it in "collection" for millions. Hate that. I love quests, I really do, but everything made them stuffy.

But this is details. I noticed one another thing.

Users gives feedback and suggestions, I saw some cool ideas - like separating collections from user shops, tagging or sorting by type items in strongroom, make shops more random - but stuff don't give any reaction on this. So selective deafness, which is can mark stuff interest in making earning free CC more difficult. We speak about 1$ for free, but money is money.

Female
328 posts

passionate • 13 May 2023 at 12:09 AM

@minnie298a the point is they're worthless to me in the face of completing quests, that's all

@ian_hives it looks like galleries has been asked for for years now. i don't think anything will change. and the users will still use their shops the way they are even if it did change. it is tiresome. i'm not rich. the whole reason i do the monthly challenge is bc i'm not rich
edit: i like what you said about selective deafness, i agree

ooof another 12 quest day, dreading these again bc i always did miserable meltdown 😃

Female
1,756 posts

minnie298a • 13 May 2023 at 3:54 AM

@passionate
Quest wise, yeah the trinkets and coffees are worthless. However they are perfect for the use/consume and donate tasks. I don't need to worry about it suddenly coming up in a quest after I've just used it.

Female
2,962 posts

heatherm19 • 13 May 2023 at 4:33 AM

I'm with others at just generally being confused about the Miserable Meltdown 'fix'. Why now? Now that we have quest dailies, especially when it's 12 quests in one day... People expressed relief from the very beginning that at least there was *one* quest that only asked for one item, it was a real help on 12-quest days. I don't understand why this was seemingly overlooked for however long Miserable Meltdowns has been a thing, and then we finally get these dailies and talk about liking the fact that MM only asks for 1 item, and *now* it gets 'fixed'? Almost feels like it was only fixed after people mentioned how much they like it the way it was....

Female
2,745 posts

jlya • 13 May 2023 at 11:52 AM

3rd "12 quests" daily this month. Skipping today, especially now that Miserable Meltdown is updated. I understand evening out the value of quest tokens but PLEASE reduce the highest quest daily to 10 quests at the minimum. It's just too many. It was too many even when Miserable Meltdown gave us some relief.

Female
1,179 posts

ahgirltc • 13 May 2023 at 2:54 PM

i thought there was a glitch with no announcements with the change with miserable meltdown. and i do agree with the updated balance for the quests, the daily quests should, too, be lowered.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 13 May 2023 at 5:03 PM

Since I've never bothered with a 12 quest day... the miserable meltdown being "balanced" with the others doesn't really make a difference to me. I do try to do all the quests equally and it matters little to me whether it's 1 or 2 items I need to find. It's annoying regardless.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 14 May 2023 at 11:42 PM

Wondering if when we complete dailies if we could get an increased chance of getting a star too?
(Was thinking it's kinda boring just having normal commons show up most of the time.)
Doesn't have to be a huge increase in the chance of getting one, but thought it was worth a shot asking.

Female
145 posts

dragongirl02 • 15 May 2023 at 6:41 PM

No one has given a logical reason for making the 12-quest days harder by increasing the ice cream quest by making two items without notice or more reasonable logic. I don't think bringing it into line is a reasonable excuse. It should have been done when two items for the other quests were first introduced if it wasn't supposed to be that way in the first place, but this late into things, it seems strange. So it is considered to increase the difficulty to make it more challenging and expensive, which is not good, in my opinion.

I'm trying to get into the habit of doing Monday's daily tasks earlier so I don't have to use the skip day due to time conflicts since rollover is 6 pm HST which runs into my 5-6 pm HST Monday commitment during the spring/summer months.

I'm thinking about skipping 12 quest days in a few months since I'm not happy about the change unless it will cause me to miss the CC chance. However, I'm worried if I do this and say an emergency comes up and I or a family member end up hospitalized for a few days (hopefully, this never happens). I might have wrecked my chance of the CC by using the skip days on the 12 quest days due to the increased difficulty of the quest task on 12 days and my unhappiness about it. Though without using them to skip the 12 quest days, I might still have a chance even if that type of emergency arose.

In the last round, I had one book quest that asked for a 50k, & 80K. Yes, I have a screenshot of it, and it was about 30 minutes until site rollover and dinner interruption, which can be between 5:30 pm-6 pm HST, so I did that 120k task. Had the ice cream still been one item, I probably would have held that task off and been able to do it without that pricy one.

I was supposed to use Sunday's Double feed day to fix the damage from that mess. However, of all luck, Double feed day in May will always fall on Mother's Day since both are second Sunday events. Most people, I think, have Mother's Day plans, so it messes that one up unless I do an overnight, but that has to be planned, and the Saturday before Mother's Day has to be a calm one in my case. The Saturday before Mother's Day wasn't calm for me, so I was too tired to pull an overnighter and missed the double feed day due to all the Mother's Day stuff we were doing.

Maybe lowering quest amounts for dailies might lessen how unhappy many of us are right now, which the unexcepted change to the Ice cream quest says: 3 low, 6-7 medium, and 9-10 hard.

Female
2,962 posts

heatherm19 • 16 May 2023 at 12:08 AM

Another 12-quest day!! Someone who's been keeping track, how many is that this month? I'm really glad we are no longer getting the exact same ones 2 or more days in a row, but honestly it kind of feels like that didn't change things *enough*. We had a 12-quest day just 2 days ago and now have it again! Not even just another quest day, another *12*-quest day.

I feel like maybe there could be some new tasks added, in order to get some more variety in there. Put something in your shop, donate to SARC (any amount, wouldn't want that to be prohibitively expensive), maybe even looking up a certain number of creatures in the archives or items in the items database... Because it's really starting to get frustrating seeing the same (high-tier!) tasks so often.

Female
328 posts

passionate • 16 May 2023 at 12:15 AM

@heatherm19 i just said the same thing out loud, "wow ANOTHER 12 quests" we must be the unluckiest in terms of RNG ^-^

still voting no on MM needing two items. if we want balance, mix it up a little. maybe sometimes any questgiver can ask for 1 item instead of 2? i dunno.

Female
1,756 posts

minnie298a • 16 May 2023 at 12:19 AM

@heatherm19
If I counted correctly it's the 4th this month (others 02, 09, 13), plus a 5 quests on the 5th.

I agree that while it's nice that we no longer get the quests multiple days in a row, it seems the norm for quests is 12.

(I'll check more into my notes after I've done my dailies and possibly taken a nap)

Female
1,653 posts

alraune3 • 16 May 2023 at 12:54 AM

@Ian @Orderedchaos
Could you please check the quest algorithm? Something must be wrong again, as often as the 12 quests are requested.

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 16 May 2023 at 7:50 AM

I don't like the approach to updates and so-called "bug fixes".

Users asked to reduce the number of quests from 12 to 10? Stuff fixed loophole in the endless use of toys (nice but not so scary for site) and ✨secretly✨ "fix a bug" with one item in the ice cream quest.

Users asked to separate collections from stores? They put a bunch of tags on the creatures. Yes, it is convenient, but this is an insignificant problem.

It feels like updates are being made for the sake of the view.

But most of all, I am concerned about a silent approach to changing something without notifications. Today it's quest items, tomorrow it's a user agreement (because I've already experienced one such site that I trusted that did something similar without warning users). But this is unlikely, although I assess the situation and the risks in an adult way. Life in my country teaches such caution, so this is a very disturbing call for me.

And yes. And why are we always given ONE item as a reward for quests? Wherever the daily tasks are solved, it is ALWAYS unprofitable.