⭐️💰 Monthly Challenge & Dailies Feedback Megathread

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 16 May 2023 at 11:34 AM

@alraune3
Its just a string of bad RNG luck. It happens. And a string of bad luck is going to be remembered more than the string of good luck (easy days).

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 16 May 2023 at 7:39 PM

@Orderedchaos but it happens too much often than 5 or 7.

Female
2,962 posts

heatherm19 • 16 May 2023 at 7:53 PM

@Orderedchaos If bad RNG luck is constantly causing people to miss days or feel overwhelmed by the tasks, and is consistently giving *more* high-tier than low-tier of a task, perhaps straight RNG isn't the best way to do things? It's already been tweaked to not allow the exact same thing two days in a row, so at this point it's not *purely* RNG, so why not tweak it a little more?

I still stand by my opinion that we shouldn't get multiple high-tier tasks on the same day. *Especially* if the high-tier task is quests, the most time-consuming and expensive of all possible tasks. If we have 12 quests, the high-tier, then all other tasks that day should be low or medium tier. I do think that would be helpful.

Female
1,149 posts

valorieviolet • 17 May 2023 at 3:23 PM

Still in favor of a "return to Monthly Challenge page" button after we click on the special Cave monthly attempt!

Also! Kinda related, but for the "My Tokens" page, I think it would be better to have 2 rows with 3 tokens each, instead of how it's set up now, with 4 tokens being in the first row and 2 in the second row. 3 and 3 would look much cleaner and it would not be hard to change ^^

Edit: And is it too late to make the Miserable Meltdown token just a slightly lighter shade of brown? I feel like it's a tad hard to make out the details on the front... lol

Ian, let me work for you!

Female
910 posts

saturna • 19 May 2023 at 10:16 PM

I like today's daily list 😊 It's nice to be reassured there'll be easy days every now and then

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 20 May 2023 at 12:18 AM

Mostly just venting, but ... Really?! 12 Quests after dealing with the stress of not being able to feed our regular coves yesterday. o.O'

Edit (to be in compliance with thread rule about offering alternatives.)
Reiterating the request to make the maximum 10 Quests. (Still would be too much for me personally some days, like today, but i think it's reasonable overall.)

Female
1,653 posts

alraune3 • 20 May 2023 at 2:16 AM

The bad luck streak continues. I'm out for today.☹️

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 20 May 2023 at 4:12 AM

So is this is the 5th(?) 12 quest day? 😭 And the only other one being a 5 quest day earlier in the month, but that was on the day miserable meltdown got the update if I remember correctly. So all daily quests since have been 12, and every quest type is two items now. This has been some terrible luck. I'm calling it done for this month and allowing myself time off from dailies, I'm not enjoying it at the moment.

There's still some tweaking that could be done for these quest dailies, I've always found quests unpleasant to do and I still think 12 is FAR too many. Miserable meltdown used to be how I did my quests (with no interest in tokens, literally couldn't care less about the value of each token, I just want to do dailies), but now it takes longer to do, with twice as many items and twice the EC drain. Still sad it was updated silently with no way for the community to offer feedback first. It feels like we're just stuck with how it is now.

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 20 May 2023 at 6:40 AM

@alraune3 last time, when I had no items after completing tasks for almost three weeks and I made a request about this bug, the moderator also replied to me that this was a "bad luck". When I said that it was very doubtful, because the chance of falling 30% out would still have worked for 21+ days, they did not answer me, but only after that moment the items began to fall out again.

These are very interesting moments, they are few, they are invisible, but gradually I have a picture in which moderators are doing EVERYTHING to eventually push users to give up and give up daily tasks and start buying CC.

I still don't understand why people don't just flood the moderators with tickets, because it's obvious that with 12 quests, this is not a "bad luck" but a BUG that no one wants to fix.

Female
1,653 posts

alraune3 • 20 May 2023 at 7:20 AM

@ian_hives
My posting was meant to be a bit ironic 😉 I still think it's a bug in the algorithm that could be fixed if staff wanted to.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 20 May 2023 at 9:49 AM

I would say... The amount of quest days isn't the problem. We're 20 days in now and have had what... 6? Days with quests. I frankly don't remember doing quests this month at all, but I'm sure I've forgotten I've done a 5 quest day somewhere.

Either way. The 12 quest days are either ganging up on you at least twice a week, or completely absent for 3 weeks straight.

I have one leeway day left and 10 days I need to do quests, with the amount of 12 quest days we've had so far this month, I'm not hopeful I'll get to complete this month's challenge. I refuse to do 12 quests on principle because I don't care for them. At. All.

Bigender
74 posts

zoruna • 20 May 2023 at 9:53 AM

12 more quests !? Already that's a lot, we all ask for 10 quests from the beginning, and even more since Miserable asks for 2 items instead of one as always, but it's ALWAYS 12 quests that appear ! It gets annoying...
I'm going to do this today, because the rest of the dailies look average/easy, but it's really boring...

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 20 May 2023 at 1:36 PM

@alraune3 still, this is not a reason for stuff pretend that users who see the problem are not exist :³

32 posts

pewpewkachu • 20 May 2023 at 6:59 PM

Please get rid of the cost to increase shop size if quests and restocking are going to continue to be part of the dailies rotation. I'm at the point where I'm accumulating a bunch of items I don't want, spending a load of EC on dailies and I can't even offload the items get from this to cover the costs because my shop is ALWAYS FULL.

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 20 May 2023 at 8:36 PM

Oh for...there is no crazy conspiracy to "push people away from dailies" or whatever the heck you've chosen to believe. Bad luck is bad luck. It happens, especially with things tied to an RNG. Ian has looked into this many times and its just bad RNG luck, there is no bug or anything else.

Going forward any further off topic posting that is not actually feedback about dailies will be deleted.

Female
2,962 posts

heatherm19 • 20 May 2023 at 11:23 PM

If there *really* is nothing off about the algorithm then the best suggestion would be to lower the numbers for the quest dailies. Given how frequently 12-quest days have been showing up, and how *many* people have complained about them and explained why they are so difficult, I don't think it's at all unreasonable to push the high-tier down to 10.

And, in the interest of tossing ideas out there, is there any way the 'RNG' *can* be tweaked to make things a little more even and spread out? Off the top of my head, maybe a cap on how many times a specific high-tier daily can appear per week? (So we don't get the situation experienced earlier this month where we had two 12-quests days with only 1 day in between them.) Maybe something to make sure the tiers are distributed more evenly (for example, making sure there aren't more high-tier quest dailies than low-tier quest dailies)?

I don't think there is any conspiracy or anything like that, and I don't doubt that Ian has checked the RNG, but that doesn't mean tweaks can't/shouldn't still be made. Getting that 'free' CC each month shouldn't be *easy*, but it also shouldn't require literally losing sleep, stressing constantly, losing out on it simply because you *can't* spend the time/money (ec) to do multiple expensive dailies every week... There is definitely still room for some tweaks to make it a little more realistically obtainable, imo.

edit 5/22: Another 12-quest day. Yeah, this sucks. Seriously, where are the lower-tiers??

Female
1,653 posts

alraune3 • 22 May 2023 at 1:53 AM

Another bad luck day! Dear @Orderedchaos, do you still believe, that RNG is working fine? I don't believe in a conspiracy either, but this "string" behaves more than strange.☹️

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 22 May 2023 at 6:53 AM

@Orderedchaos alright, no more "conspiracy" if you want to call it that way, but why 12 quest daily appears again? Any explanation? They dropping again like it was in April.

Feedback? Alright. Everyone asking for reduce 12 quest daily. Also ppl sad about MM quest. It was not so good fix thing that work and make quests more funny without permission. I'd no wonder if I catch ban now.

I'm frustrated, users frustrated. Is it better now?

UPD: not to duplicate the post.

We were promised that two difficult tasks would not fall out on the same day, and that the tasks would not be repeated, however, since this is not so noticeable, it usually falls out for several days in a row to write posts to profiles and to the forum, one by one, and today we have TWO difficult tasks, at the same time since the beginning of the month there were very few medium and low tier quests.

I understand that algorithms are not easy. I also understand that moderators and users have different views on how to do it. But if you want feedback, then I'm super tired of 12 quests every other day. 12 high-level quests appear much more often than the XC. There is no "conspiracy" in the fact that people note the pattern of falling out and complain about it. Especially after the last outlet in MM quest was closed.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 22 May 2023 at 1:21 PM

I'm not pointing fingers, but it looks more and more likely that I'll be taking a full week off from dailies - again me and my stubborn principles of not doing 12 quests in a day on any day.

And I stand by what I said a couple of days ago. The 12 quest days either gang up on you or they avoid you for so long you start questioning whether something is wrong for the opposite reason.

@Orderedchaos If I may come with a suggestion. Would it be possible to include a feature where we may exchange a task for a fee? Or maybe a cool down like with the quests when you abandon them.
Within what is reasonable, of couse. Like:
- Exchange a high tier for another high tier (to keep the overall difficulty of the day)
- Have a limited amount of times we can change the tasks (like once a day, a couple of times a week etc.)

Female
2,742 posts

jlya • 22 May 2023 at 1:57 PM

Used all my skip days already so here's to 12 quests xD

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 22 May 2023 at 2:16 PM

I think the dailies are fine. 🤷 Sometimes I'll come home from a long day and sigh at being asked to feed 300 pets or dole out EC for quests, but I'm also totally aware that this is an optional thing I choose to do.

If I ever find it too hard, I accept that I'm not going to do them. What, I'm going to lose out on 100cc at the end of the month? Ok. It's a clickable pet game that absolutely doesn't matter.

If it matters that much to you, maybe you need to sit back and reassess your priorities and think twice before you cry about an optional feature that literally no one is forcing you to do.

Gender Nonconforming
231 posts

dibabeebees • 22 May 2023 at 2:39 PM

Hello! F2P player here who isn't the best at quest grinding:
The dailies are nice. They make it more accessible to get cave cash, and gives me a set thing to do every day. Sometimes it can be annoying, but then I don't do it. I do it when I can and when I want to, it makes the game more fun for me because I like routine. RNG is RNG and RNG is a *yeep*. They can't always control it, and they've tried. Plus feeding 300 lads isn't that bad, do it in the click exchange or something. Be nice to the mods, its a game with silly creatures.

Female
166 posts

vivian • 22 May 2023 at 3:00 PM

I agree with with @kataclysm & @dibabeebees , some good points have been made here.
As a person who enjoys the VEND machine pets and wants to quest more for them, sure it can be a pain, but in the end the daily challenges are optional. Theres enough wiggle room to miss 5 days if you dont wanna do a certain quest. ^^
I do agree that there should be a thing to pay to change one of the daily challenges if we don't want to do it, just make it like 10k EC to change it to another quest :>
Also, I do hope we get more click exchange daily challenges! Really helps bring more ppl to the click exchange and keep our XC up OvO
Thank you for reading, & your time. ♡

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 22 May 2023 at 3:01 PM

@valorieviolet I agree and like all of these, especialyl the quest token balance being evenned out on the page!

Female
1,653 posts

alraune3 • 23 May 2023 at 7:00 AM

@Ian @Orderedchaos
Since I assume that we will not get any more comments on the "string of bad luck" issue, I have the following suggestion:

How about stopping the RNG and installing a fixed order for the quest days: 5-7-12, 5-7-12, etc.? The same could be done for the click exchange days: 100-200-300, 100-200-300, etc.

That would be fair and calculable. At the moment, the whole thing feels more like a game of hazard and causes a lot of frustration on the too many bad luck days.

Female
2,962 posts

heatherm19 • 23 May 2023 at 1:44 PM

@alraune3 I really really like this idea! I feel like it's a long shot because of how much it changes the overall idea of the feature, but I definitely think it would be a great idea.

While it can be fun/interesting to wonder what tasks we'll have from day to day, to have that surprise when we open that page, some consistency and pattern would be extremely helpful especially to those that struggle with certain tasks. It would also ensure that we don't get these 'bad luck' runs where it's difficult for people to keep up and frustrating for many users. And it would accomplish my own suggestion of making the tasks/tiers more evenly distributed.

Yes, this is an optional feature that no one *has* to do. That doesn't mean it has to be overly difficult an frustrating, or that users shouldn't speak up when they have concerns.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 23 May 2023 at 3:36 PM

@alraune3
I too would like to see a fixed rotation implemented. That way all of the options are presented in an equal amount. Just seems more fair overall. And agree that it would help alleviate the frustration of ending up with something like 12 Quest days every other day. (Even if we had more 12's in the rotation. 5 - 12 - 7 -12 - 5)
It would certainly help plan real life around such things and know which days we could miss if need be.)

Female
1,653 posts

alraune3 • 25 May 2023 at 1:46 AM

And again a day with 12 quests.☹️ @Orderedchaos Do you really still believe in a streak of bad luck?

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 25 May 2023 at 5:23 AM

Please got back to 5 and 7 quests, enough with 12, too much of everything, too much time, too much money, too much stress, up to 7 we can maybe manage, but 12? Come on...I don't do them, so at the rate they came, I probably won't even get my prize at the end of the month. Wasn't this supposed to be fun? It isn't...

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 25 May 2023 at 10:06 AM

Another day with 12 quests ✨ Can someone at least separate collections from stock items if no one wants to hear users in fixing a quest bug? Or add logs of which items were bought in stores in order to control the situation a little and know what is in demand from the users? Does THIS fit the ✨suggestion✨?