⭐ī¸đŸ’° Monthly Challenge & Dailies Feedback Megathread

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 13 March 2023 at 10:08 PM

@jlya I saw that too. Hooray! I really do appreciate the staff being willing to listen to feedback! 😊

Female
2,962 posts

heatherm19 • 14 March 2023 at 12:21 AM

Am I totally misremembering, or did we have the use/consume 10 items yesterday? I could've sworn we had it yesterday because I spent too long tinkering with matching travels to my creatures. With the new tweak in place we shouldn't have that two days in a row, right? (Or am I really just misremembering what yesterday's tasks were?)

Female
1,756 posts

minnie298a • 14 March 2023 at 12:24 AM

@heatherm19
I double checked with my notes, and this is the 3rd day in a row for the consume 10 items.

I was surprised it showed up again today after the announcement about repeating tasks.

Female
2,962 posts

heatherm19 • 14 March 2023 at 12:44 AM

So.... Looks like maybe something didn't take with the tweaks? @Ian?

Female
2,562 posts

dragrawr • 14 March 2023 at 12:48 AM

I agree, this is very strange

78 posts

kediset • 14 March 2023 at 11:02 AM

@heatherm19 maybe it isn't considering yesterday's since it's technically starting today? O-o

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 14 March 2023 at 11:29 AM

Possibly a bug? My infinite use Cyber Monday '15 items don't seem to be counting toward my 'use 10 items' daily. ^^"" @ian (sorry for the ping!)

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 14 March 2023 at 12:03 PM

@raccoon
Ian stated in blog comments yesterday that he's fixing "infinite use" loopholes with this task. This daily is meant to remove excess items from circulation. Using other high rarity (and thus less likely to break) toys more than once still counts for this task.

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 14 March 2023 at 12:05 PM

@kediset
You're correct. 😊 That's what my bf pointed out to me after I told him today is "use ten items" again.

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 14 March 2023 at 2:12 PM

@Orderedchaos

Ah I missed that post. Pretty disappointing but understandable lol. Thank you! ^^"

Female
2,962 posts

heatherm19 • 17 March 2023 at 3:50 AM

I just have to say again how much I love the addition of items to the reward for each task! Today one of them gave me a Sparkling Blue Drakomo Plushie! And I've gotten some great travels too.

Female
2,745 posts

jlya • 22 March 2023 at 3:15 PM

Would love some more rotation options when it comes to the forum and wall post dailies. I don't mind either of them but they get a little redundant when having to do one or the other every single day. I've browsed the site for some other possible options and can't find any at the moment except for site blog posts (which we've already decided against).

I'd like to repeat how much I appreciate the items and boost in EC on dailies ❤ī¸

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 22 March 2023 at 8:51 PM

I am really disappointed that multi-use items are being removed as an option for the Use Items task.
Some days I have very little time to be on the site and it helps out in that, but more disappointed in how I feel for new players. It took me a year of saving before I could even afford being able to buy more than one item per day. ONE! And I think being able to use multi-use items can really benefit new players trying to save up for creatures. And someone else made a good point in the blog about spending hard earned money or ec on the Cash Shop travels, that should count for something.
Regardless what the intent is behind removing that loophole, my feelings aren't going to change on this matter. If anything it makes me like it even less.

Also the 12 Quests in a day has made me avoid being on the site when it comes up. I exhausted myself so much trying to complete it earlier in the month (and I was successful,) that I rather not repeat that process. (And i can't just ignore it. Since it's there staring at me when i use the site. Tempting me.) With that level of exhaustion even attempts for the cute Dragold creatures wasn't worth risking it.
I also have noticed on days there are that many quests, coves are getting less feeds. (The few dozen abandoned ones I tend to. Since the daily tasks started they usually get at least 2-3 other feeds a day; but even at 11:30 PM the last couple huge Quest days, there were none.)
5 is doable, 7 is fair, 10 ehhhh super tough - I wouldn't attempt it most days but still doable for most. 12 is just too much.

Still appreciative of the extra bump in ec & item bonuses for completed tasks ^^
(even if I had a four day streak of no items... almost thought I was going to have to ask if they were removed.)

78 posts

kediset • 23 March 2023 at 8:18 PM

Would like to request/suggest a change to count for click exchange o-o 75/150/200 (if reasonable). Bit more of a pain than doing feeds since you have to open a new tab for each creature, and needing to close it after so you're not swarmed with open tabs.
Maybe it's just me idk lol

Female
1,756 posts

minnie298a • 23 March 2023 at 8:50 PM

@kediset
You can click any creature in the exchange. So even those designated as "Feed Preferred" count towards the click goal.

So I achieve this while feeding. However, I do use a computer and the Ctrl-W method of quick feeding, and I can understand this is totally not possible when on a mobile device.

Bigender
74 posts

zoruna • 24 March 2023 at 2:10 AM

Again, we have 12 quests today. This is at least the 5th or 6th time this month, while we only had it twice last month. I find that this quest appears a lot of times this month... It's very expensive, and seeing it appear so many times is really very painful, especially when it's always 12 quests that are chosen... By comparing, it There must have been only 2 times the 5 quests, and I don't remember that there was only once the 10 quests...
Maybe review this point so that this daily does not come back more than 3 times a month? Having to do 12 quests during the equivalent of an entire week of the month is really very expensive and painful... :/

Female
145 posts

dragongirl02 • 24 March 2023 at 4:20 AM

With the exchange:
It would be helpful for mobile (this may have to be down the line) players to have the exchange open in new tabs and do the checkmark thing as it does on the computer. I was doing it on mobile yesterday since I was on the road. I think I was tapping on some at least twice because I was forced to sacrifice a skip day (I checked it was safe for me to do so) as it got too close to the group's exercise class time (this one was not a regular thing. It's what I called a substitute class),

On top of that, due to the rollover now being at 6 pm instead of 7 pm for my timezone, this happens as this state doesn't follow daylight savings time switches and now with a 5-6 pm obligation. If I'm too exhausted to do a night run on my dailies, I run into these issues. I try to use my computer, but sometimes I have to switch to my mobile. I'm usually pretty fast with doing it on mobile, but it helps when there is less chance of miss-tapping something. I would have likely made it had the checkmark thing triggered as I opened them in new tabs and had fewer miss-taps.

For Quests:
I do agree 12 quest task is happening a bit too much, especially during a weeknight between my mobile and the computer. There is quite a bit of screen capture chaos from the other days with quest tasks. I need to move that data to my spreadsheet. I haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

Female
1,509 posts

romanjr370 • 24 March 2023 at 10:20 AM

Hello 🤗, I noticed that we have 2 "Buy 15 items" in today's dailies, don't think there should be 2, and only one of them worked o.O

419 posts

mrsgiggles • 25 March 2023 at 3:06 AM

I stopped doing the dailies- if I happen to complete one, like the asteroid or wall of sandrodons, that's just nifty, but I stopped going out of my way to finish them because I find that they are an EC drain and I'd rather save them for things like SARC creatures.

I have to say, though, the quest dailies is good to me. Items in my personal store are selling out far more than I can restock, and I'm on my way to making back what I paid for for that last cute SARC creature!

Bigender
74 posts

zoruna • 25 March 2023 at 3:10 AM

We still have quests today... This time 7, but after yesterday's 12 and the number of quests obtained in the month, that's a lot... It's starting to get tiring, I feel to have only that ☚ī¸
I know the requested numbers have already been lowered, but if the quest daily is supposed to come back that many times, maybe lower it further... And/or makes the quest for visits to the cave come more often. I don't remember if there are other possible daily in number 1, but less quests would be more appreciable
I have the impression of having a quest mission almost every day, it becomes tiring and really very expensive :c

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 25 March 2023 at 6:30 AM

I know what quests days really help me with my shop and earning EC but something has be broken with new algorithm of dailies, because few days was just about only quests. First half of the week was about profile posts, second - forum posts, and now it's 12/7/12 quests IT'S TIME TO STOP!

I've been notice what the new algorithm randomizes tasks less, and now they are stamped several pieces in a row only with different values. We have the third day of quests here, and it has exhausted people a lot.

78 posts

kediset • 25 March 2023 at 9:22 AM

I've skipped the 12 quest days lol. Got more days to spare than last month. Just did everything else for the EC and item chance o;

Female
2,745 posts

jlya • 25 March 2023 at 12:17 PM

I have skipped all the 12 quest days but I can't afford to skip anymore 😋 The amount of quest days lately is ridiculous.

Got a monthly for the first time in two months of doing dailies and it's not even one I like that much xD

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 25 March 2023 at 6:09 PM

I too can't afford to skip/miss many more days if i'm going to complete this month's Challenge. (I think I only have one left.)
(I wanted to see if I *could* finish a month... and plan on trying to complete this one. But so far I'm agreeing with others and my initial observation that it's just too much of an EC drain to be worth it. I think next month I'll go back to collecting on what i already do.)

It's sort of a separate side tangent, but since it ties in with having to do X number of Quests in a day (instead of how many ever I have the time and energy to fit in) for the Challenge - I've been really peeved. Lately I'm getting mostly asked for my favorite travels, ones I'm specifically stockpiling in case they ever retire and so that I have them on hand to use on creatures when I get around to it - and am getting back travels I usually could care less about. (And in the beginning it was really nice with the thought "Hey! I wouldn't have thought to buy this, I can use it if it's asked for in a quest!" But now that I have a bigger, wider variety stashed, and have done more quests I realized *those* are hardly ever requested. - and it seems like wasted EC having bought more of the ones I won't use "just in case.")
Sure, the end goal of getting rare creatures may be worth it, but in the mean time it's really disheartening/demoralizing having to give up travels I spent hours lurking in the shop to snag for my own personal use. : (
It's enough to make me *feel* like the end goal isn't worth it. (especially given the EC drain.)

(And I can't just *not* do Going Global since some of the creatures i want have huge demands for those tokens.)

1,134 posts

hikanu • 25 March 2023 at 6:27 PM

I too have skipped all of the 12 quest days, so I am also in a position where I have to do the tasks thrown at me for the next week, if I don't want to waste the energy I've already put in.

But with that said. I can already say I'll more than likely tap out of the April monthly challenge. With 6x12 quests so far this month I am exhausted at the prospect.

Female
2,962 posts

heatherm19 • 25 March 2023 at 7:41 PM

Thoughts:

I still think there is some more balancing that could be done to even out the difficulty and frequency of difficult tasks (like quests). I agree with others that it seems quests have been dailies this month more often than they should be (while things like donating to the donation center, for example, seems rather scarce this month).

And on the topic of quests (and yes this is a bit of a side-comment), I personally think quests in general might be a bit easier if there was more variety in what was asked for? I agree with snowywinter, in my experience there are some travels and food items that seem to come up a lot (in fact I once got asked for the same item two times in a row with Miserable Meltdowns). And some that seem to never be asked for at all. I have no idea how the algorithm works there, but if it could possibly be tweaked to include more variety and less repeats that would be very helpful.

That said, I claimed my 2nd monthly CC today and it's very exiting to get to do that! (And this may be the little kid in me, but the confetti shooting around on the screen when you claim it is awesome, I just sat there and watched the confetti for a few minutes.)

edit after midnight: 12 quests. Again. How many times is that this month? Wow. I'm really tempted to skip it since I already claimed this month's reward, but I haven't missed a single day yet.

Female
1,653 posts

alraune3 • 26 March 2023 at 2:42 AM

I can't believe it: 12 quests again! What's wrong with your random generator? There must be something wrong...☚ī¸

Female
910 posts

saturna • 26 March 2023 at 3:17 AM

Quest missions haven't really been bothering me in particular this month with the amount of EC I've been getting from prizes at the Dragold's Den, but this is just incredibly unlucky on the daily selector's part-- going from high quests (12) to medium quests (7) to high quests (12) again all in the span of three days when there's also a chance to get low quests as well as low/medium/high cave appraches and low/medium/high click exchange missions

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 26 March 2023 at 5:27 AM

After claiming the 100 CC already I am thankfully not doing any dailies that require quests anymore, I am saving my EC for the inevitable back to back quests next month instead 😔

I know it's extremely unlikely but I still think 1, 3, 5 would be the quest numbers I'd most want after it was originally suggested. I enjoy doing all the dailies and like that it gives me purpose on here every day, but the quests are still a drain of time and EC.

One other thing is that the reward for completing 5 dailies still seems a bit lacking to me. The increased monthly chance doesn't seem to have much effect (I've seen about 2 as a reward since the beginning), and I don't particularly want another egg so I don't take them anyway. I'd much rather a bonus EC reward, or just another randomised (but guaranteed) item.

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 26 March 2023 at 10:28 AM

Yeah no... QUESTS FOR 3 DAYS STRAIGHT??

Had to skip the Friday one because of the 12 quests now its 12 again? after 7 from YESTERDAY?
Agree with everyone that the quest numbers should be reduced