🪸Empercora - Creature suggestion - Valentine's Day? - Earth Day?🪸

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
2,396 posts

ida92 • 17 November 2023 at 4:42 AM

Introducing another creature suggestion:

Art: https://www.deviantart.com/idusiek/art/Img-20231118-083219-605-995347288

Description:

Egg: Empercora eggs can be found floating in open ocean waters. They are quite large (about the size of a beach ball), and quite sticky. They have no shell, instead the membrane protecting the egg is very thick and dense, providing the developing creature excellent protection. The membrane is also transparent, you can see the developing creature inside! When the eggs near hatching, they settle in shallow ocean waters near coral reefs, which will be forever homes for the newborn creatures.

Creature: These sea serpents are known as a keystone species for Ark's coral reef ecosystems. They protect, cultivate and restore the coral reefs they live in. What's more, they also grow coral reefs on their bodies - the bigger and healthier the Empercora, the larger and more abundant in life are their reefs. Recently, the SARC released 6 Empercoras to a reef almost entirely dead due to climate change. What happened next was beyond their expectations. The 6 serpents restored the ecosystem almost entirely within just 12 months. They are still working hard to continue restoring the reef and receive all the needed help from SARC.

Once an Empercora reaches their teen stage, their bellies start losing colour and slowly become white. This might be due to how they sleep - lying belly-down on the sandy sea bed, next to the reefs. Empercoras are also known for their long lifespans and their astonishing sizes. The largest recorded Empercora was over 120 meters long and was growing a reef of over 180 square meters.

Many smaller species, like the Aquolt, Lunantis, Bubblefish or Corsal find safe homes in the Empercoras body reefs or in the ecosystems they protect.

~~End of description~~

Side note: Empercora is a combinations of the words "empress" and "coral". They are mostly female.

Female
916 posts

shirothekittehlover • 17 November 2023 at 6:35 AM

@ida92
Very pretty 💖
I also like how it can restore damaged coral reefs in the desc, which imo makes it fitting for earth day as well :0c

Pings (sry guys)
@ashlinnhi
@dragrawr
@daisycat
@opalquinze

Female
2,201 posts

ashlinnhi • 17 November 2023 at 7:37 AM

@ida92 This is a really lovely creature suggestion! I love how the tail of the later evolutions look similar to the (pretty pink!) egg design : DD And agree with Shiroh, the creature lore is so nice as well!

1,950 posts

opalquinze • 17 November 2023 at 7:55 AM

@ida92

i really like how sassy it looks on the last stage and definitely would agree it’s either for Valentine’s or Earth Day if this ever gets picked!

maybe something for an aquatic month (if Ian decides to make one to contrast the Volcano one we had)? that was from another user’s suggestion on another creature, so who knows?

Female
2,917 posts

heatherm19 • 17 November 2023 at 8:24 AM

@ida92 Love love LOVE it! I read the description first (which is totally awesome!) and was wondering what they'd actually look like but I didn't imagine they'd be so CUTE! I really like the coloring and the bits of coral sticking up from their bodies.

Female
2,396 posts

ida92 • 18 November 2023 at 2:41 AM

@shirothekittehlover Thank you! ❤️ I agree, Earth Day also sounds fitting!

@ashlinnhi Thank you. ❤️

@opalquinze The sassy look wasn't intended, but it looks good on her xD

@heatherm19 Thank you ❤️ I'm glad you like it. ^^

I also updated the art - the colours are more visible now and I changed the eye colour... The yellow made her look very sick xD

319 posts

chihiro_sang • 19 November 2023 at 12:13 AM

It has a very unique design compared to most of eggcave's sea snakes.

Female
2,396 posts

ida92 • 19 November 2023 at 3:33 AM

@chihiro_sang Thank you. ❤️

Female
1,290 posts

daisycat • 19 November 2023 at 11:14 AM

@ida92
What a cutie! The egg is adorable and I love how the tail resembles a heart. This could pair well with @/okami's Coralay suggestion. 😊

"The membrane is also transparent, you can see the developing creature inside!"
Love this part. ^^

Thank you for the ping, Shiro!

Female
2,396 posts

ida92 • 19 November 2023 at 2:27 PM

@daisycat Thank you for the kind words! ❤️ And you're right, the Coralay could be one of the species inhabiting Empercora's body reefs!

Female
118 posts

osean • 19 November 2023 at 3:00 PM

It's adorable

Female
2,699 posts

jlya • 19 November 2023 at 4:38 PM

Naw, look at those little pink fin fins ~❤️ I'd love another reef creature ^^

Female
2,396 posts

ida92 • 20 November 2023 at 5:50 AM

@osean @jlya Thank you both for supporting this suggestion. ❤️

Female
1,571 posts

isis • 26 November 2023 at 11:35 AM

So pretty, I would love love love to have (at least) one of these!! It can be a new buddy for my aquarium critters ❤️

Female
208 posts

sunfire103 • 26 November 2023 at 1:20 PM

Very cute 😊

Female
2,396 posts

ida92 • 27 November 2023 at 3:09 AM

@isis @sunfire103

Thank you both ❤️

Female
371 posts

megamisama90 • 28 November 2023 at 1:12 PM

@ida92
Wow! Really liking the story and how it's so relevant environmently (not sure if it's a word but hopefully you'll get the point) ^^

Female
2,396 posts

ida92 • 30 November 2023 at 2:42 AM

@megamisama90 Thank you ^^ I actually came up with this idea during uni classes (I study environment preservation). 😃

Female
35 posts

ida92side • 14 December 2023 at 2:58 AM

A few random pings:

@dragrawr
@wonder404exe
@pastelrabbit
@noman15
@mr-blue-bones

Female
2,544 posts

dragrawr • 14 December 2023 at 4:40 AM

@ida92 I love snakes more than anything so I seriously need this in my life rn

Agender
122 posts

mr-blue-bones • 14 December 2023 at 6:16 AM

Aww, this is a really cute idea! (so many good options for February, why can't we just have them all?? 😭)

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 14 December 2023 at 7:13 AM

@ida92 oo the egg and baby stage are so cute! i think if this was released i'd have to freeze the egg it looks like a little heart bubble which i love ❤️

234 posts

spookyfrog • 14 December 2023 at 1:54 PM

ooh this is really neat, i love it! its like a coral snake, that's so cool 😊

Female
2,396 posts

ida92 • 15 December 2023 at 3:25 AM

@dragrawr Thank you! ^^ Snakes are amazing. 😊

@mr-blue-bones Maybe a love-themed CRW would solve this. 😃

@senkou @spookyfrog Thank you both. ❤️

Random ping:

@skullgirl555

Female
35 posts

ida92side • 31 January 2024 at 3:13 AM

A few random pings:
@aardbeix3
@powgal15
@anarchy
@yrnaelle
@hikanu

Female
471 posts

aardbeix3 • 31 January 2024 at 3:32 AM

@ida92 I can't check the art yet because my work pc blocks deviantart :'(
I am SO curious! Will check it later this evening when I'm done working!
I love the name and the description already though! ❤️

Female
2,396 posts

ida92 • 31 January 2024 at 3:54 AM

@aardbeix3 Thank you ^^ Deviant Art is very slow for me today for some reason.

A few more random pings:
@murfijs
@cryogenics
@prairie
@twinkle

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 31 January 2024 at 5:14 AM

@ida92
i love the creature idea 😃
tysm for the ping

1,133 posts

hikanu • 31 January 2024 at 6:24 AM

Aww, look at it. Lovely little coral noodle. 😊

We need more snakes.

1,033 posts

anarchy • 31 January 2024 at 7:33 AM

thanks for the ping :] this is a really unique spin on earth day that we haven't really seen before on ec! previous earth day pets have focused on pollution, recycling, renewable energy, etc. so it's nice to see coral reefs and endangered ecosystems get a spotlight as well. i love the design of the little corals on the snake along with the pink + peach color scheme, and i think this is a great way to spread awareness about an important real life cause. i hope this gets made ❤️🪸🪸