⭐ {Retiring} {EC Auctions Event}

in Trading & Auctions

Deleted • 11 December 2023 at 12:19 PM

Edit: in the end, I am quitting. Thanks for your patience y'all, the auctions will go on and also check out the donation center & adoption center every now and then for random donations! πŸ™

Check my auctions here!

Please for the time being don't message me asking to sell you a creature privately! I'm putting all in auctions eventually to give everyone a chance! I will consider selling privately at a later time If no bids are received. Thanks for understanding. ❀️πŸ’ͺ

Pings (please ping some more friends If you can!):
@lexicon
@senkou
@redflipflap
@kataclysm

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 11 December 2023 at 12:30 PM

This is such a sweet idea. I'll be keeping an eye out for your auctions, and hope you find yourself happier at the end of them! Fingers crossed snipers can respect the sentiment in your auctions.

@sapphire12 @newlife @komore @kudo

Deleted • 11 December 2023 at 12:34 PM

@kataclysm thank you very much! ❀️ It'll be definitely hard for me but I think this will be the right choice, yes!

I'm hoping the prices I'm putting are ok / fair. I heard CC / EC ratio increased / inflated so I think I'm placing them a bit more cheaper since I'm using the original and non-inflated conversion rate ( 50CC = 500k ECs).

More pings:
@twinkle
@froot
@sparklefox
@appleblizzard
@megamisama90

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 11 December 2023 at 1:06 PM

@sinthr that's amazing! One day I will also retire - although keeping my creatures probably.

My idea when I retire is to pool all my EC that you'd get and collect the interest in it daily. Maybe then do a giveaway when the interest has accumulated to a bigger amount. Maybe that's an idea for granny sinthr after all the auctions hehe

Female
2,936 posts

heatherm19 • 11 December 2023 at 1:41 PM

@sinthr I will not blow all my ec on these auctions, I will not blow all my ec on these auctions.... *repeats to self* But wow there are some good ones!

I'm glad you aren't leaving the site. I think it's cool that so many users find feeding relaxing. 😊

Deleted • 11 December 2023 at 1:45 PM

@sapphire12 and that exactly what I'm planning to do. Live off interest, use a part to expand my cove(s) so I can get more tasma (in hope that @Ian will make cove expansion more manageable soon, considering we have more than 1000 species), and help out users in the meanwhile (was thinking of buying a csp or two each month to gift out). 😸

@heatherm19 *proceeds to tempt you with more creatures* uwu
Thank you very much for the wishes my friend! And yep, I like to click, I think it would be amazing If we had keyboard shortcuts for feeding & navigating between creatures... man, that would be a dream come true! 🀩

More pings:
@jlya
@simon
@loved
@libra

Gender Fluid
2,098 posts

appleblizzard • 11 December 2023 at 2:07 PM

@sinthr if only I had more EC... (╯‡░′)β•―οΈ΅ ┴─┴
I offered on a bunch of the lots which I could afford, might return if I manage to get some more EC in the next day or so. hope your quest for EC goes well!! ❀️

some pings:
@applefudge2
@ashlinnhi
@daisycat
@spookyfrog

Deleted • 11 December 2023 at 2:12 PM

@appleblizzard thank you very much for the luck & pings (and also for the table flip emoji, I do love it). ❀️

More pings:
@poe
@sartre
@taunter
@provo7demons

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 11 December 2023 at 2:17 PM

@sinthr
Your idea is just too precious!! Placing bids on a few auctions. ^^

Thank you for the ping, Blizzy! 😊

Non-binary
1,417 posts

provo7demons • 11 December 2023 at 2:17 PM

@sinthr Alas, if only I had more EC! But good luck with everything, and it's so sweet that you're planning to use it to help other users ^^ I'll happily help feed whatever commons you acquire!

Deleted • 11 December 2023 at 2:24 PM

@daisycat & @provo7demons thank you very much! ❀️

More pings:
@minnie298a
@raitonchidori
@dragrawr

1,136 posts

taunter • 11 December 2023 at 2:35 PM

@Sinthr

I'm interested in the following which I would pay pure CC. I am going by Nut and Alex's guides:

Biwo 1.5kcc
Follet 750cc
Kringus 2.2k cc
Orciel 2.4k cc since it's frozen

Deleted • 11 December 2023 at 3:00 PM

@taunter I'll keep these offers in consideration, thank you very much! ❀️

These will be eventually put up for bids for ECs in auctions, If nobody bids on them, I'll be happy to work something out with you for πŸ’΅ instead. πŸ‘Œ

More pings:
@blub
@zircon
@brookie

1,136 posts

taunter • 11 December 2023 at 3:01 PM

@sinthr

are auctions exclusively ec?

Female
2,555 posts

dragrawr • 11 December 2023 at 3:02 PM

@sinthr Oh man ! This is incredibly generous and becoming like applegranny is the sweetest. Your presence here means a lot to people ❀️

If i had the ec to buy your sherth I would. If you would take CC please let me know!! ❀️ ultimate dreamie right there. that is insane

Im also interested in your Follet! lmk if you would take a mix of ec/cc !! ❀️

Deleted • 11 December 2023 at 3:07 PM

@taunter right now yes (I have enough CC for now, and I plan to use it for others). But If I don't get bids I'll be happy to sell them for CC later on, definitely. c:

@dragrawr I wouldn't call myself generous since I'm doing it because I'm too lazy to keep collecting though. πŸ˜‚ But thank you all the same, hopefully I'll be able to do something nice on this little site. ❀️ As for the shert, the one in auctions was asked by another user in case (and just in that case) it doesn't receive any bids, to sell for CC instead, but I do have another one (I think) and If that other one doesn't receive any EC bids either, I'll definitely reach out to you. ❀️

Female
2,555 posts

dragrawr • 11 December 2023 at 3:09 PM

@sinthr That would be a dream come tru!! Ive been wanting one since 2015 (when I joined as a kid) so I would love to snag it if possible (too lazy to wait for its rerelease since most october rereleases are more popular than my beloved bone dragon)

I still believe you are quite generous, since EC/CC is out of whack right now these auctions are very wallet friendly

Deleted • 11 December 2023 at 3:17 PM

@dragrawr yeah, someone mentioned to me some people are inflating the prices. It used to be, like, 100 πŸ’΅ = 1mil πŸͺ™ while now I hear 100CC are going for 2mil. Crazy. owo

And it's unlucky re-release happens only once a year... If it was me, I'd make all the creatures previously released for that month available for purchase in that month, and for the original price (500CC). It would definitely make people feel less overwhelmed and urged to spend so much every start of the month. πŸ₯² But I guess we're lucky they're happening in the first place, so we can only count our blessings here...

Female
2,555 posts

dragrawr • 11 December 2023 at 3:19 PM

@sinthr very very true. My beloved Sherth isn’t a very popular little dude and is mainly sought after cus they’re old but MAN are they the cutest creature in this game 😭😭 but no one wants to vote for him πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«

Rereleases are wonderful but I always catch myself wanting to buy it just because everyone else is so I started to NOT do that lol πŸ’•πŸ’•

Female
1,146 posts

valorieviolet • 11 December 2023 at 3:22 PM

@sinthr

These auctions are incredible! I especially love getting the chance to (hopefully) win some of the frozen monthlies ❀️ I don't spend CC on freezes often, but have tons of monthlies I'd like to freeze, so your EC auctions are really helpful with accomplishing my freezing goal!

I'm also a bit sad that you're auctioning off all of your beloved dreamies ☹️ But I know you've come to terms with it already and accepted that it's what you want to do! At least you're not leaving us entirely ❀️

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 11 December 2023 at 3:24 PM

@sinthr
thank you for doing this for everyone ❀️
i barely have enough EC or CC ;_; so im gonna step out of auctions and trading

Deleted • 11 December 2023 at 3:26 PM

@dragrawr I'd vote for them but since I didn't do the sms verification thing I didn't even know we had a voting poll 'till a week ago lool. πŸ₯² And yes, it's very difficult to not get swept up. Waves and the fact they're in limited number also is an anxiety trigger imo. Thinking about it now, there would've been better ways to make re-releases work. πŸ˜” Let's hope for the future and for a better EC.

@valorieviolet aaa thank you for the kind words. Years ago I auctioned off rares for ECs as well (very underpriced too) and people totally went crazy and loved the event, it was amazing. ❀️ Hopefully this will spice this month too. πŸ˜‹ And never fear haha I'll haunt this place till I live, feeding your creatures like there's no tomorrow. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

@wonder404exe thank you very much for the wishes and for stopping by though! ❀️

1,136 posts

taunter • 11 December 2023 at 3:26 PM

@sinthr

perhaps we could work together to make a fun raffle 😊 I usually host CC give aways and what not to the community, so let me know if this something you'd like to collaborate together.

I have a few fun ideas to make my raffles a little less...boring? Feeding to gain tickets gets a little monotonous.

Female
2,555 posts

dragrawr • 11 December 2023 at 3:30 PM

@taunter would die to see some new types of contests! I love your contests but it’s hard to remember to do it everyday. I like hosting art ones 🀩 you are so kind

@sinthr I think a huge thing is people buying many and then selling them for twice the price. I respect the hussle but I’m here to feed my pets and sit in my cove of nostalgia lol I’m not here to sweat over rereleases (except for dreamies ofc)

Deleted • 11 December 2023 at 3:31 PM

@taunter that sounds lovely, I'll definitely reach to you when I have some more stability over here and will be a retired granny haha. ❀️ I usually am lazy and I don't like to make people work so I do lucky games most (pick a number / etc etc) or just browse the forum(s) and blogs to see If someone is looking for something specific and / or struggling. In the past I used couriers (= other users) deliver the gift because I like to stay anonymous and I like the other party to not feel the obligation to "pay back" the favour. When receiving a gift I always feel obligated to pay that back so sometimes not feeling that string is helpful. ❀️

@dragraw someone mentioned to me this site is sadly becoming GreedCave, so it's up to us to make things a little better I guess. πŸ˜“

1,136 posts

taunter • 11 December 2023 at 3:38 PM

@dragrawr

Egg Cave really makes me think outside the box about what contests can look like.

@sinthr

I prefer luck as well. Egg cave has become heavily reliant on CC/EC, which I'm okay with to a certain degree. It's wild how much has changed since I started playing 10+ years ago.

Deleted • 11 December 2023 at 3:42 PM

@tunter I really feel you. I still remember when we didn't have a rebirth potion and people would charge a frozen creature like, 500CC more CC. πŸ₯²

Random pings (tell your friends!):
@sapphire12
@romanjr370
@thedarkarcher

234 posts

spookyfrog • 11 December 2023 at 4:39 PM

oh dear. @sinthr i love this so much. but now i gotta figure out where to get 31 million ec. I'm eyeing the Ranfil and the Reep. wish me luck man

Deleted • 11 December 2023 at 4:45 PM

@spookyfrog I am glad you're enjoying the event and of course I wish you all the luck in this world. You've got this! πŸ’ͺ❀️

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 11 December 2023 at 5:28 PM

@sinthr
Thank you for the ping! c:
That title scared me for a minute ;w;
Thank you so much for doing this!! 😊
You're keeping the EC economy alive hehe
and I looove your idea on helping out one user a month :00
That's so sweet of you to do ❀️

Pinging my friends who haven't been pinged yet ❀️
@juniperrains @seraph @natureluvr @chaotictreat