Egg Cave Click Exchange Bug/Ideas Topic

in Problems & Bugs

Female
167 posts

thaliel • 9 August 2014 at 4:52 PM

"this is not a valid link" seems to come up for people who use snaplinks, but clicking each single creature on its own takes a lot of tiime and effort, which is why I and lots of others prfer snaplinks and similar addons

Female
158 posts

theonlypandora • 9 August 2014 at 5:03 PM

@stormdragonxi You earn credits when you click on others' creatures.
You loose credits when someone else clicks on yours.

So when you're clicking other people's creatures, you're actually earning credits for clicks on your own creatures. Does that make sense? It took me a little bit to figure it out too.

Female
248 posts

zhachary • 9 August 2014 at 7:01 PM

@ian
This is a good idea, but instead of taking the user to a whole new page when you click on a creature, why not have the option to click/feed/view pop up underneath said creature? That would save time and energy along with the confusion of too many windows/tabs being open at once. Thoughts?

Female
123 posts

mistishackleton • 9 August 2014 at 8:01 PM

@ian

Other then the message of invalid link this is amazing.

Female
260 posts

stormdragonxi • 9 August 2014 at 9:09 PM

@theonlypandora If that's true, then why does it show I've only had 5 clicks? Out of the dozens of credits I've earned, I only have 5 clicks/feeds(?) noted on my page.

Female
158 posts

theonlypandora • 9 August 2014 at 9:23 PM

@stormdragonxi I've got on the top of mine - Exchange Credits, Total Clicks and Total Clicks To You.

This is how mine lists right now:
Exchange Credits: 4 XC | Total Clicks: 230 | Total Clicks To You: 231

I have 4 exchange credits because I just clicked on 4 creatures.
I have clicked on a total of 230 creatures (that belong to other people). That should be the number of credits you've earned.
I have had 231 other people click on my creatures.
You start with 5 credits.

You have to click on other peoples creatures to earn XC. As other people click on yours, that decreases the number of XC you have. If you've clicked on a ton of other creatures (and didn't get the pink error box) and you're only showing 5 XC then it may be a bug.

Does that explain it better?

Female
260 posts

stormdragonxi • 9 August 2014 at 9:38 PM

@theonlypandora Yeah, I understand that much. but my "scorecard" at the top says "Exchange Credits: 0 XC | Total Clicks: 0 | Total Clicks To You: 5"...yet I've done loads of clicks.. that make any sense?

Female
158 posts

theonlypandora • 9 August 2014 at 10:02 PM

@stormdragonxi Then I would assume it's some sort of bug - unless every single one you clicked on gave you the pink error message. I've clicked on tons of creatures that gave me the pink error message, then the XC doesn't count.

@ian what info do you need if someone found a bug or is having an issue?

Female
123 posts

mistishackleton • 9 August 2014 at 10:07 PM

@stormdragonxi Just a question...but you are clicking eggies showing up in the click exchange right? It doesn't work for just any egg.

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 9 August 2014 at 10:13 PM

@Ian

I'm getting the same problem as other users where I'll open multiple tabs on the exchange page but then they'll all say 'This link is not valid' while either directing me to the pet's page anyway or back to the exchange page.

I can see the cases where I'm being redirected back to the exchange page as times when the pet owner runs out of credits, but I'm pretty sure that the times when I'm taken to the pet's page anyway are glitches - like maybe the pet owner has run out of credits but the site takes me to the page anyway. I may not be right about it but it's the only explanation I can think of XD

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 9 August 2014 at 11:01 PM

@Ian

I notice my creature got removed when I never removed it. I only have one creature in so far and I clicked on manage creatures and it did not show any.

Female
170 posts

muppet • 10 August 2014 at 12:01 AM

@Ian best idea ever!!! Can't wait until it's open to all of eggcave. Great job!!!

Female
272 posts

lennyangel • 10 August 2014 at 4:58 AM

@zhachary
@ian

I think that's a really cool idea. I don't know how difficult it would be to do, but if it's possible, it'd be really cool. Would also help fix the annoyance of having another window that's just an error message.

Female
1,419 posts

emilianagerson • 10 August 2014 at 7:56 AM

@ian
Im not if the first part of this is a glitch, but I'm staying at my grandma's house right now and the Click exchange is not working on her computer. When I click something, it well just say clicked, without taking me to the creature. not sure if that's a glitch or update. but right after I click it, the point I get goes away, and when I refresh, I get all the same creatures.

Female
167 posts

thaliel • 10 August 2014 at 11:49 AM

I share the opinion of @zhachary

Female
162 posts

sammiwolf • 10 August 2014 at 12:37 PM

EDIT: Nevermind. That seems to be better. However, my total clicks seems to have stalled at 59. My clicks to you have gone up (to 59, and yet I have 5XC.) but that's it.

Also, I agree with Zhachary. I like this idea.

EDIT 2: I'd like it if you'd add the feature that would allow users to select creatures from all coves they have linked. I mean, my side account is linked to my main account to keep me from feeding creatures twice from the two accounts. So, if they're linked that much, would you be able to link them into the exchange so I have the option to add creatures from my side account? I mean, if I can't feed the same creature twice from my two accounts, I'd imagine that'd bleed over into the clicking too. So I couldn't get XC credits from my side account for my creatures from said account unless I don't click from my main account. And it'd be a hassle to move creatures back and forth between my coves just to put them in the exchange. JMTCW.

Female
766 posts

lunar • 10 August 2014 at 3:37 PM

The error on the links that are out of credits are kinda eh.
Why not make a separate page, saying, "Oops, that user has no more credits" And then a small link directing one back to the main click exchange that a person can click.
Cause usually I do CTRL + Click, and opens to new tab. And I like feeding them all, so I just open up the tabs, feed, then CTRL + W to close, so I could keep mouse in same place.

Female
260 posts

stormdragonxi • 10 August 2014 at 4:34 PM

@theonlypandora I've never gotten any error messages when I click the pets, even if I've clicked them like 10 times.

@mistishackleton yeah, I'm clicking on the eggs under all the listings in the dropdown menu. no pref, clicks, feeds...does that help any?

Female
123 posts

mistishackleton • 10 August 2014 at 5:43 PM

For what it is worth I think we are getting the 'error' message way more now then we will once we go live.

Right now there aren't enough of us that we can build up a bank of credits so as soon as I click 5 creatures you guys are clicking my babies and using that.

I do think the error could be done differently maybe though.

Female
34 posts

neko_chan34 • 10 August 2014 at 8:06 PM

@Ian

This is working out great, no bugs or problems so far. I really like this idea. It is a great way to put your creatures out there that you want to gain clicks and feeds.

Female
2,043 posts

lynncrow • 10 August 2014 at 8:06 PM

I tried clicking, the creature disappears and it says clicked but nothing else happens. when I refresh, I'm back to no credits.

Female
2,003 posts

furfur • 10 August 2014 at 8:40 PM

2 of every 10 creatures I feed actually work so I can't seem to keep credits at all... I started with 5 links and have now gone down to 1 link but I still can't keep my credits for more than a few minutes.

I believe yesterday I saw someone mention letting us buy credits? I would like to second that idea, it would be best if we could use EC and it would help with the current problem of no one having credits 😋

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 10 August 2014 at 9:52 PM

Great!
I do not want anyone adding my creatures to the exchange. I will add what I want when I want. So no like that idea.
Thank you for the exchange.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 10 August 2014 at 9:56 PM

@novrain62
About the entering other creatures idea, have you read any of my later replies?
Doesn't seem so.
I said you could have a preference to let other people put your creatures in exchange. By default it would be on No, but you could change it to Yes so it lets you choose.

Female
163 posts

mandyluvsmilo • 10 August 2014 at 11:04 PM

It's hard to keep credits...It often tells me I've clicked all the links after just a few... :-/ ?

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 10 August 2014 at 11:09 PM

@mandyluvsmilo
I think because there aren't that many people, or there just isn't enough credits to keep all of the creatures in there.
The issue of credits is big right now.. :/

419 posts

mrsgiggles • 11 August 2014 at 1:15 AM

Yeah, maybe we need more people in there. My credits get used up as fast as I earn them!

Female
123 posts

mistishackleton • 11 August 2014 at 5:21 AM

Keep in mind we are testing the general 'how does this work' for this feature.

If it goes live I anticipate credits will not be an issue.

Female
258 posts

sheschenker • 11 August 2014 at 6:46 AM

I think this will work really well once out of beta. The only problems that I am experiencing occur due to the limited number of people able to use the feature.

Female
373 posts

arvak • 11 August 2014 at 9:23 AM

It seems to be working pretty good for me. I get the "not a valid link" sometimes, but not enough to put me off.

I also, do not want others to add my creatures to the exchange. And yes, I read all the replies about making it an option.