Egg Cave Click Exchange Bug/Ideas Topic

in Problems & Bugs

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 8 August 2014 at 5:39 PM

Hi!

For those of you who have been granted access to the limited beta of the Click Exchange, CONGRATULATIONS! We're glad that you're testing it and we hope to hear your feedback.

Access: http://eggcave.com/exchange

Report bugs and submit ideas and suggestions in this topic! Thank you.

If you're not in the limited beta for the Click Exchange, we ask that you do not post here at this time. Thank you!

UPDATE: The Exchange is now open to the public as of August 21, 2014.

Female
875 posts

darexxis • 8 August 2014 at 5:58 PM

@ian

i like the idea ❤️

Gender Fluid
1,101 posts

misty_rose_ • 8 August 2014 at 5:58 PM

This is interesting. I haven't found any problems so far.

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 8 August 2014 at 5:59 PM

@darexxis @misty_rose_

Awesome. Write back here if anything pops up.

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 8 August 2014 at 6:02 PM

@Ian
There were about 8 times in 20 clicks and feeds that I got this message:

Oops! Please take a look at the following:
This is not a valid link. Please try another below.

It would show up top on the creature's profile or take me back to the page with all the other links and show this message above everything that is usually on the page.

Androgynous
985 posts

vampire666 • 8 August 2014 at 6:03 PM

@yogurt & @Ian - Having the same problem.

Male
1,505 posts

hai • 8 August 2014 at 6:17 PM

@Ian

I'm having the same problem, around half the links I click say that the link is not valid.

Female
1,323 posts

promise • 8 August 2014 at 6:18 PM

@yogurt @vampire666 @hai
It's because that person ran out of credits

Androgynous
985 posts

vampire666 • 8 August 2014 at 6:21 PM

@promise - Oh. I guess that makes sense.

Female
141 posts

horses4ever9147 • 8 August 2014 at 6:22 PM

@promise
I'm not sure that's it. When someone runs out of credits it sends you back to the homepage. These are showing that message on top of the creature's page, but it still takes you to the creature's page.

Also, @ian: Does being on the page where you refresh links get your creatures views?

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 8 August 2014 at 6:27 PM

@Ian
For the ones that says Link is not invalid, I know that means they don't have enough credits.
Eggcavern used to do negative credits when a user clicked on a link and the user didn't have enough credits. Maybe we could do the same with this?

Female
1,323 posts

promise • 8 August 2014 at 6:29 PM

@newlife
I like that idea.

@Ian
Maybe if a user only has 3 credits they can only display 3 creatures, instead of 4 or more to reduce the amount of no credit clicks.

Female
141 posts

horses4ever9147 • 8 August 2014 at 6:32 PM

@ian
To build on what promise said, if you did that I would like to have an option as to which of my creatures were shown. An order of which I'd prefer to be shown. Maybe that could be on the page where we manage our creatures, and we could drag/paste the creatures on the list like on the cove lists?

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 8 August 2014 at 6:43 PM

@Ian
Another idea- we should be able to put in other people's creatures, not just our own. But the creature can only be entered once into the exchange
Like if someone entered someone else's creature but someone else put it in for them, a notice would come up saying, "This creature is already in the exchange. Enter a different creature."

And also maybe a hidden button. Like we still want our creature in the exchange, but just need to hide the link while we freeze it or something.

@horses4ever9147
Do you mean like which creature gets priority clicks/feeds?

Male
1,505 posts

hai • 8 August 2014 at 6:46 PM

@newlife

I wouldn't like the idea of anyone else entering my creatures if I didn't want to. I really would not want to see that idea implemented.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 8 August 2014 at 6:47 PM

@hai
Hmm...
Maybe there could be a preference in your account saying that other people can/can't enter your creatures?

Female
141 posts

horses4ever9147 • 8 August 2014 at 6:49 PM

@newlife
Yes to your question.

@hai
I agree.You should only be able to enter your own creatures. There are people who have creatures they don't want clicked, and that should be respected.

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 8 August 2014 at 7:04 PM

@Ian It's a wonderful idea, since I miss the click exchange hosted at eggcavern. I only have a few suggestions however one being that they should show the egg picture while selecting one to be put up for the click exchange (like done while selecting a travel)
And one bug--which I'm not really sure if it's a bug or just my creature being clicked as fast as I'm clicking others--is that when I middle click to open a creature in another tab it doesn't give my my XC

Female
5,399 posts

Orderedchaos • 8 August 2014 at 7:21 PM

@kisamari The XC should update from middle clicking. I've noticed that it might take a refresh or two on the page for it to update from middle clicking links. Is your XC not updating at all?

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 8 August 2014 at 7:22 PM

@Orderedchaos I've kept trying and it's never updated for me--but again it might just be my creatures being clicked as fast as I'm clicking, because I've noticed my XC going fast

Female
215 posts

manadragonmagic • 8 August 2014 at 7:26 PM

@kisamari
It's been giving me my credits (I think!) when I use CTRL+Click to open in a new tab.

But the invalid creatures issue is pretty annoying. Maybe when you click on an invalid creature, have the refresh script run in the same window? Otherwise I end up with ten or so tabs that are all the click exchange. It's a bit confusing >.< And clicking one creature at a time is just too tedious and slow, honestly.

I like the idea of being able to put other user's creatures into the exchange, and also having a setting that disables your creatures being able to be put into the exchange by anyone other than yourself. Or maybe make it a setting in lists, to have certain lists of creatures that can't be put into the exchange.

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 8 August 2014 at 7:28 PM

@manadragonmagic I'll agree with the list setting about allowing others to put your creatures up because I'll admit I get pretty lazy with feeding them myself, and it takes years for any of my eggs to hatch this way.

Female
875 posts

darexxis • 8 August 2014 at 7:29 PM

@kisamari

i dont know how manny creatures how have up for clicking but how more you put in the Click Exchange the faster your XC is gone

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 8 August 2014 at 7:31 PM

@darexxis I know, I've only got two for the time being

Female
875 posts

darexxis • 8 August 2014 at 7:32 PM

@kisamari

aah oke ^^

Female
2,299 posts

metaphor • 8 August 2014 at 7:51 PM

I keep getting that message too. Weird. o__0

Otherwise, a great system!

4 posts

sapphyr • 8 August 2014 at 7:54 PM

I think this is going to take a while to work feasibly. Until users can build a large enough XC base, people are going to keep getting error messages when they click on creatures.

In general, I don't like the idea of negative credits, because you'd have to work your way out of debt. I also don't like the idea of other people putting your creatures into the system for you; if you traded a creature in the system and forget to take it out of the Exchange, wouldn't it be the same idea?

Male
443 posts

thenekosnyan • 8 August 2014 at 7:59 PM

@Ian
I continuously get the same creatures in my clicks and it causes the 'Oops! Please take a look at the following:
This is not a valid link. Please try another below.' error.

That's the only problem I've noticed so far, though.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 8 August 2014 at 8:05 PM

@sapphyr
Negative credits-
You'd only lose credits if your creature appeared on the page another user is clicking, and is removed afterwards. This would get rid of the error message, which is annoying.

About your thing about putting other user links in.
As I said before -no one read my response for some reason-, you could block other people from putting in links for you.
The person who put in the link, and it's not their creature, can face the consequence if the creature is traded, which is the loss of credits.
However if you put in the link, it gets removed if you trade because it's no longer in your cove.

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 8 August 2014 at 8:19 PM

@Ian

I have yet to have a problem, everything is functioning properly. I'm loving it so far!