Egg Cave Click Exchange Bug/Ideas Topic

in Problems & Bugs

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 8 August 2014 at 8:26 PM

@Ian

I like to click many links at once with some app I got from the chrome web store. But when I open more than one page at once it will not refresh the links. Hopefully that can be fixed? so more than one can be open at once It saves lots of time.

Female
766 posts

lunar • 8 August 2014 at 8:28 PM

Okay, so I got one page of links, and out of like 20 or so links, 5 said there was an error, and I had to choose another link.
Like the creature would appear, then it would have this red error sign on the top.

But I am really enjoying this feature. I love how it says "clicked" after you press it. Shows very little to no lag.

Um, but It kinda does seem a little bit scattered in my opinion, maybe place a border around the total creatures on the page. Its probably my ocd flipping on x)
Or make like sections of five rows per five creatures, so its a bit more neater. >.>

@Ian

4 posts

sapphyr • 8 August 2014 at 8:35 PM

@newlife

I'd prefer error messages to negative credits. Negative numbers make me sad.

I read your comment; I just think it's too much work and resources to choose whether another user can add your creatures to the Exchange. You'd have to query the database to see who owns the creature. If it's the same user it's fine, but you'd also have to put in a condition if it's a different owner, and if owner allows their creatures to be put into the Exchange. It's also an extra column of data that will have to be stored on the server.

I'd like to know, why do you want this functionality? Is it so you can level up other people's creatures? To level up your own on a side account?

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 8 August 2014 at 8:41 PM

@sapphyr
It's more to level up other people's creatures that are friends.
Some of them don't have the time to go on click exchanges or don't have good internet to do so, and I usually like to put their creatures in an exchange, with their consent of course, so that they can level up and become immortal.

Gender Fluid
1,101 posts

misty_rose_ • 8 August 2014 at 9:01 PM

@kisamari mines doing that too but I think people are just clicking quicker than I am.

@ian I've been refreshing but I'm not getting anymore creatures to click/feed.

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 8 August 2014 at 9:23 PM

@Ian

Sometimes when I refresh, all I get are creatures I've already clicked 😱

Other than that it runs perfectly and smoothly!

Female
167 posts

thaliel • 8 August 2014 at 9:30 PM

creatures should also be automatically fed and marked as clicked when using something like snaplinks, not sure whether you can make that work

Female
272 posts

lennyangel • 8 August 2014 at 9:30 PM

@Ian

I don't mind the error message, but it would be great if it appeared in the same tab, rather than creating a new tab of disappointment.

I really missed Eggcavern's click exchange and I think people will love this idea a lot. It's less awkward than trying to find random people's creatures, reading whether they want them fed etc.

419 posts

mrsgiggles • 8 August 2014 at 9:48 PM

@Ian I love this, no issue with it so far! Let's have more things to click in there 😊

Male
26 posts

marlen1994 • 8 August 2014 at 9:49 PM

Hey @Ian , I like the idea, a better way to socialize with the community more without a doubt. The overall new feature for me is accurate and has no lag. The ability to receive the notification when i provided the necessary assistance to my fellow eggcaver is a great addition. So far so good 😃 i wouldn't mind seeing some borders to give it the extra kick when going and clicking on peoples creatures, making the screen and/or page more appealing. Thank you for letting me do some testing and so far Great Job 😃

-Marlen1994

Deleted • 8 August 2014 at 9:52 PM

It'd be nice to see the stats preference for active creatures in manage your creatures.
...Loving it so far! 😉

Female
762 posts

thursdays_dove • 8 August 2014 at 10:05 PM

@Ian - What a surprise to come home and see this! I love this idea and hope it stays!

I have not had any issues so far with it, but I do have one thing to say - Doesn't "No Preference" and "Both clicks and feeds" do the same thing? If not, ignore me. 😋

263 posts

trig • 8 August 2014 at 10:10 PM

Out of curiosity:

How are the beta members chosen? And if the link works, does that mean the person is a beta tester?

Female
1,443 posts

romanjr370 • 8 August 2014 at 10:11 PM

@Ian

I'm having the a bit of a problem at times with the refreshing the page with the links and every 11-12 creatures that I click i get this message:

'Oops! Please take a look at the following:
This is not a valid link. Please try another below.'

Then it sends me to the list of links.

Deleted • 8 August 2014 at 10:33 PM

@Ian

I am so happy this feature came. It's like Egg Cavern coming back. I will agree the error message is annoying but I understand that it is there because whoever has those creatures has run out of credits. Other than that, I've enjoyed sticking my creatures in the click exchange and receiving a few extra feeds or clicks.

Maybe there can be a feature for buying credits or there be a lottery like in Yarold's. Also, people can exchange credits to each other as a gift.

Female
1,323 posts

promise • 8 August 2014 at 11:14 PM

I like the suggestions to make it more like Yarold's ^^^^^^

@kamoodle5

23 posts

peppoy • 8 August 2014 at 11:30 PM

Really great feature! And I've had no problems so far. 😊

EDIT: Okay, now I'm running into the 'This is not a valid link' thing as well. Aw phooey.

Female
1,720 posts

lexicon • 9 August 2014 at 12:27 AM

@Ian

It seems to be working well, other than the invalid link message, which I also got. I don't know if it was just a browser error but my "refresh" button didn't produce any new links- oh, and there it goes. Probably lag?

I'm excited for this! 😃

EDIT: Apparently I've clicked all the available links but I've only clicked 9? That can't be all there is...

Female
163 posts

mandyluvsmilo • 9 August 2014 at 2:28 AM

My total clicks are 11...and there aren't any new links for me to click?.?.?
I hope this works out :-D

**update** I just went back and there were 10 more links!

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 9 August 2014 at 5:05 AM

@Ian When I click the creature it opens in new window but when I use CTRL+mouse opens the main page of Click exchange.
I didn't read all posts so sorry if repeat.Maybe creatures of people who ran off echange credits would rather have their creatures not been showed at all till they earnnew credits.
P.S.thanks for chosing me and idea is great!❤ī¸

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 9 August 2014 at 5:37 AM

Logging in this morning and seeing we have our very own Egg Cave click exchange to try out - AMAZING! I have wondered whether we would ever get one within the site itself. So, so happy! ❤ī¸

So far, no problems at all. 😊

23 posts

peppoy • 9 August 2014 at 7:02 AM

EDIT: Nevermind. Ignore this.

Female
1,419 posts

emilianagerson • 9 August 2014 at 9:23 AM

love the idea ❤ī¸

Female
515 posts

squijum01 • 9 August 2014 at 9:57 AM

@thursdays_dove @ian

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the fed and click no preference thing break down like this?

Fed and click - user wants creature both fed and clicked

No Preference - does not matter if creature is clicked or fed, pick one or both it's all good!

I think that's why it's in two separate categories.... I could be wrong! 😃

Female
158 posts

theonlypandora • 9 August 2014 at 10:23 AM

Not really a bug... but I think we either need more credits or more people participating.

I had a bunch of creatures to click and happily clicked them and now all I get is the 'You've clicked all available links here' message and I have no credits left ☚ī¸
As much as I'd love to sit and refresh the page all day for more creatures to click I just don't have the time.

However I think this feature is awesome - I love that I can get help with my creatures!

Female
260 posts

hormone • 9 August 2014 at 10:57 AM

Need more critter 😸 people, put more! 😸 @ian also i cant see my critters, but i dont click them yet.

Female
5,402 posts

Orderedchaos • 9 August 2014 at 11:21 AM

@hormone You can't see your own creatures in the exchange.

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 9 August 2014 at 11:30 AM

@Ian

a page of creatures came up and I was able to click 3 and then the rest came up with a message saying it was invalid and the rest of the creatures on the page disappeared and I got no credits.

Female
6,239 posts

redstar-fireclan • 9 August 2014 at 3:47 PM

@Ian
No problems so far! I am loving this idea. Did you come up with the idea?

Female
260 posts

stormdragonxi • 9 August 2014 at 4:30 PM

I have a question. Why when I'm clicking people's pets, do I LOSE credits when I go to click someone else's pet? Like a 1 second pause when I move to click someone else, I loose the 8 credits I had, and have to start over again. I never have any credits at all, I click, get some, then loose them when I take more than 1 second to click another or a few seconds when I go to hit refresh. Is that normal?