Egg Cave Click Exchange Bug/Ideas Topic

in Problems & Bugs

Female
430 posts

starshine_01 • 28 November 2015 at 5:30 AM

@metaphor

I don't think it's just you, I've been having the same problem too... :/

Deleted • 28 November 2015 at 9:07 PM

@metaphor Maybe that might explain the insane amount of credits I've lost.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 3 December 2015 at 6:01 PM

Reading above and wonder how anyone could possibly get 2.4k in credits. I click all the creatures in the exchange that I see which is about 80 give or take and those credits are gone in a flash. I am most always at zero. I've never ever been able to have a surplus (nor are there enough creatures in the exchange to have one); so what am I missing????

The only way I ever had thousands of credits was in the Old Click Exchange.

Female
11 posts

looperytear • 23 January 2016 at 9:40 PM

@novrain62

What was the Old Click Exchange like?

Also, I play a game called PokéHeroes (as Addibug1234 by the way), and on it there are 'Clicklists', these clicklists essentially give you from 0 to infinite Pokémon that you can click/feed/train/warm. I think that you should program something like that. Also, please, like, add something in where you can, like, press 'n' on a keyboard and go to the next egg/creature in a Cove/list. Besides what I have requested, I haven't had any issues with the Click Exchange at all, so good job! <(^.^)>

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 3 February 2016 at 6:31 PM

Is it possible to make it so that when you register a creature for Feeds Preferred that the person clicking your creature only gets the XC if they feed your creature? Because I am putting Feeds Preferred for my creatures and they aren't getting nearly as many feeds as clicks. 😊 Thanks! Sorry if my idea is flawed or impossible or something. ❤️

Female
6 posts

nekostories14 • 11 February 2016 at 6:05 PM

I wish that when I right clicked on the creatures and opened a lot of tabs at once that it would still consider them 'clicked' because it's hard for me to keep track sometimes where I'm at unlike if I left clicked and just took a longer time to open tabs.

Female
1,743 posts

minnie298a • 12 February 2016 at 9:21 AM

@nekostories14

I use the "Ctrl + left click" method by holding the Ctrl button in the keyboard as I go clicking the creatures. It opens the creature in a new tab (just like right clicking and choosing that option), but marks the creature as "Clicked" on the Exchange page to help keep track of what I've clicked. I may have had to set my browser to not automatically go to the new tab, but I can't remember if I had to or not.

"Ctrl + W" will also assist in closing the tabs back down again.

Female
6 posts

nekostories14 • 13 February 2016 at 10:50 AM

@minnie298a

Thank you!

Female
137 posts

vos • 22 March 2016 at 10:57 PM

@Ian
Hi! Dragold is not giving double/triple ec. On the one occasion that he did give d/t it only went for 3 mins instead of 8 mins. It also takes ages to download pets for feeding so there's not much advantage.

Dragolds Den is a fun activity - only wish it would work better.

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 23 March 2016 at 11:28 AM

@vos

Hey there. First off I would like to mention that this is a topic for the Click Exchange. If you have any other questions (like the one you have now) it is best to make another topic.

But to answer your question, it is completely random as to when you will get double/triple EC. Just keep visiting and maybe you will get lucky!

Female
33 posts

hawk • 23 March 2016 at 6:07 PM

SO useful i thought that it would take me years to hatch a creature because I can't post them on blogs and things like that!
now my creatures can get the views they need

Female
669 posts

animal_9_namer • 26 March 2016 at 8:33 AM

I have a sibling who plays EggCave(animal_8_namer) and when one of us clicks all the creatures in the exchange, the other has none show up because they've "clicked all the available links." Instead of going by IP adress since many people have siblings and are at a disadvantage, it would be a lot fairer if the clicks were by account and not IP adress. None of my creatures can have the exchange benefit if it continues to be based on IP adress.
@Ian
Please consider this, because immortalizing my creatures is increasinly difficult and I find it very unfair. ❤️ 😊 😃

28 posts

animal_8_namer • 24 April 2016 at 6:57 AM

Sometimes in the Click Exchange it keeps saying "You have already clicked this creature,try these links:"......don't know if that's what you people are talking about up there ^

Female
409 posts

savannahall • 24 April 2016 at 12:41 PM

For the past few weeks of me clicking pet's it let's me click on the links that show up but when I go to refresh by clicking the orange 'Refresh links' button it just shows the exact same pet's again. I don't know if this is just happening to me or other people too. All I have to do is just go into the exchange over & over again till I click all the pet's but I'd love it if eggcave would fix that. 😊

Like I said, I don't know if it's just doing it for me but either way it'd be great if it could be fixed.

Also liking @animal_9_namer idea of doing it by account instead of IP. 😊

Female
42 posts

winnona • 27 April 2016 at 12:17 PM

@savannahall

That happens to me as well, but only when I'm accessing Eggcave from home. I think it has something to do with internet speed and perhaps cookies, but I'm not certain.

Female
409 posts

savannahall • 27 April 2016 at 1:57 PM

@winnona - Okay, I only get on eggcave on my home laptop, So that might be it. 😊

Deleted • 6 May 2016 at 5:16 PM

It's really hard to keep any XC for long, especially if you have 10 creatures in, so what if instead of having them be spent any time someone clicks your creature, then each XC you have will keep your creatures in the click exchange for a certain amount of time?
That way you can keep your creatures in longer, and it will lessen the problem of not having enough creatures to click to keep yours in.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 8 May 2016 at 3:31 PM

@Ian Is the negative clicks a glitch or is it supposed to happen? After my clicks run out it always says -1 XC

Female
280 posts

naturegirl1999 • 8 May 2016 at 4:19 PM

That happens when more than one person clicks your creature at the exact same time. It is suposed to hapen. I forgot where I read it though

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 8 May 2016 at 5:05 PM

@lailaluckyseal87
@naturegirl1999

Yep, a negative XC balance can occur. This just means that someone was able to click your creature even after your credits had disappeared because your creature still showed up on their screen and hadn't been taken off just yet. It is normal and can happen all the time.

It is also listed here: How the Exchange Works

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 8 May 2016 at 7:31 PM

@jazzyleia I must haved missed it, thanks!

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 9 May 2016 at 11:30 AM

@jazzyleia @ian

~~ I would suggest maybe some sort of reward system like the Eggcavern.net used to have when the site was still up? Giveaways and such that you can enter by exchanging your credits for raffle tickets? Or maybe milestone amounts of XC you can have where you can get rewarded EC or maybe an uncommon egg(endangered[?]) or just prizes from a set cove.

More users would definitely participate if they have a set creature they are looking forward to joining a raffle for, since not everybody is satisfied with getting a clickback. x3

Female
29 posts

butterflykisses • 24 May 2016 at 1:55 PM

@bunnyshadow This idea is brilliant. :] I support it!

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 2 June 2016 at 10:30 AM

Hey @Ian

I've been using this click exchange a lot and I am noticing a weird link appearance pattern. Once I feed groups of like 50, the amount of links drops to 4, the 2, then 1. And then I have to refresh the page a ton of times feeding only 1 egg. I don't know if this is because of people getting XC at the same time I'm clicking, or if it is due to the coding on the site. But I think it would be more beneficial if a max of like 20 - 30 links was shown each time. That way users wouldn't have to refresh the page a ton of times to see that only 1 egg needs to be clicked.

Thanks for hosting such an amazing site! It has come so far

Female
167 posts

thaliel • 10 June 2016 at 7:35 AM

A change I think would be convenient is that creautres of users who are in my blocklist or who have me on their blocklist should not be displayed in the exchange, since those cannot be viewed anyways

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 10 August 2016 at 2:15 PM

I want to know why when clicking 30+ creatures in one day only rewards my own placed creatures with 2 or 3 clicks per day?

Doesn't seem right.

I guess it's because if you have 10 creatures in the system, they each only get one, two or three clicks per day.

So, I'm guessing one should only put in 1 creature at a time to get 30+ clicks per day.

Ah! Yes?

Deleted • 10 August 2016 at 2:20 PM

@novrain62

Yeah that's why, the clicks are evenly distributed between the creatures you have in the click exchange.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 10 August 2016 at 2:23 PM

a big duh moment for me. i'm only going to place one creature at a time in there from now on.

thanks!

Female
280 posts

naturegirl1999 • 17 August 2016 at 6:24 PM

When I go to the click exchange the pictures don't show up. They are just little squares, They still take me there but I don't like it when the pictures don't show up. This happens in my cove too

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 17 August 2016 at 6:39 PM

I think there should be a Click Exchange section on the Leaderboards, though someone might've suggested it already. I think I click at least a hundred creatures per day and am curious how used the Click Exchange is for users on the site in general. This would also encourage people to spend more time on it, thus making creatures hatch/evolve/immortalize more quickly.