Egg Cave Click Exchange Bug/Ideas Topic

in Problems & Bugs

Female
40 posts

secrety • 15 August 2014 at 4:52 PM

I haven't had any issues with this new feature and find it very fun. I've seen creatures that I haven't seen in a while and is a very nice change of pace. The overall idea is very well done and it would most likely benefit most of the caves.

I do find that when you click the creatures, a new tab appears. I find that so much easier than having to go back and forth. It is quite possibly one of my favorite things about the whole exchange.

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 15 August 2014 at 5:18 PM

@jaegis
same with me

Female
362 posts

heather519 • 15 August 2014 at 5:19 PM

I'm not havin any problem yet 😃

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 15 August 2014 at 5:30 PM

SIGNIFICANT UPDATE TODAY

In order to participate and click links in the Exchange, you must now have at least 1 creature link active showing in the Exchange. Why? People were hoarding XC with no valid links for them to exchange their credits to any other players. Since XC aren't created or destroyed (but exchanged) this leaves people at the bottom of the food chain completely screwed. This is why the Click Exchange became so slow moving, despite the many participants.

To level the playing field, all XC balances have been reset to 10 XC, which is the default when you first join. Please note that we only do things like this in the context of BETA and that changes like this come with the territory.

Finally, we've implemented another version (this is like version 3 now) of our "smart linking system" that will more evenly distribute your creatures throughout the Exchange.

We're back online. Give it a shot. And make sure you have at least one creature in the Exchange to participate.

887 posts

peppermintcowboy • 15 August 2014 at 5:36 PM

@ian - Oh! So that's why activity seemed to be dwindling! 😱 Thank you so much for fixing it! I love our new Click Exchange!

3,399 posts

bun • 15 August 2014 at 5:40 PM

@Ian
Cool, more links to click! c: Thanks!

Deleted • 15 August 2014 at 5:41 PM

@Ian Thank you!!

Female
35 posts

shadowolf64 • 15 August 2014 at 5:42 PM

This so fun! I love it!

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 15 August 2014 at 5:49 PM

@Ian This is a huge improvement! I couldn't understand why I wasn't seeing any creatures at all in the exchange. Now it's full of creatures! Yay!! 😃

1,558 posts

dragonii • 15 August 2014 at 6:02 PM

@Ian Holy monkeys, its a lot better now. Thanks for the Awesome update.
d n)u(n b

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 15 August 2014 at 6:17 PM

@Ian Sorry that I did that for a while. Great update though!

Female
1 post

eala • 15 August 2014 at 6:37 PM

First of all: Thank you for the click exchange, it's a great idea! 😊

I found a small bug, I haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if it has already been mentioned:
When I choose a creature from the dropdown menu and then click "Add Creature to Exchange" it is not added. Instead, the image of the creature loads and I have to click the button a second time to add the creature.
(This is not the case when I click the stats dropdown menu or the Maximum # of clicks input field first, because this also causes the creature's image to load.)

By the way, I'm using mostly Snap Links Plus (Firefox) and it's working fine so far. (With Snap Links I can't see which links I have already clicked, but that's no problem for me.)

Edit:
Like @rhiecakes has already suggested, I think that having more XC to start with would help to increase the number of creatures in the exchange.

Female
115 posts

midinite • 15 August 2014 at 7:09 PM

@Ian, I'm not sure if this should happen, but every time I've clicked a creature and come back to the page, I gain a credit and soon it's spent, does that happen when you have creatures that still aren't displayed or because each time someone clicks one of your creatures you lose a credit? Or maybe it's a bug. XD I once got 14 credits, came back and it said there were 0!

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 15 August 2014 at 7:13 PM

@midinite You lose credits when someone clicks on one of your creatures in the exchange. So loosing credits is actually good because it means that your creatures are being clicked on.

Female
115 posts

midinite • 15 August 2014 at 7:14 PM

@Orderedchaos Okay, thanks for clearing that up! Makes sense now. 😊

Male
2,327 posts

raitonchidori • 15 August 2014 at 8:19 PM

I was hoarding XC, because I was tired of get 3 XCs in 60 seconds and lost them after 20 seconds. After hoard a bit (20-50), I put a creature, it was really fast, now... Well, I'll try. I'll edit this post after see what happened.

Edit: Yeah, I got a lot of XC. I also got a lot of XC in the first day, so I just hope it doesn't end so fast. Anyway I'll only put 1 creature, first because I want it to evolve faster and second to don't waste XC, I don't know if I'll keep them for so long.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 15 August 2014 at 8:54 PM

I'm clicking right now, and I suddenly got our good old message....

Oops! Please take a look at the following:
This is not a valid link. Please try another below.
Saw this four times at this point.

I was using CTRL+click to open creatures, I did not refresh/go back to any creatures.

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 15 August 2014 at 9:50 PM

@Ian I keep getting this message:

"Oops! Please take a look at the following:

You have already clicked this link. Please try another below."

However I don't believe I actually have clicked the creatures it's saying I clicked, because they haven't been fed by me, and I always feed the creatures that I click. Do I still get credit for the click when this happens?

Female
4,736 posts

twilight_raptor • 15 August 2014 at 10:01 PM

Is anyone here using internet explorer for the click exchange?

15 posts

kingbilly • 15 August 2014 at 10:10 PM

not sure if this has been asked but what happens when you run out of xc? as you need them to post a pet and you need a pet to click to get xc...
just i only have 2xc left and don't want to put a pet up and there be no pets to click or even to click pets and people have already clicked mine so the clicks are then wasted :/ :/ :/

Gender Fluid
1,101 posts

misty_rose_ • 15 August 2014 at 10:13 PM

I was wondering about that. Like this new idea for it, having to have a creature in it makes it fair to everyone.

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 15 August 2014 at 10:18 PM

@kingbilly @misty_rose_
you post a pet, then go straight to clicking, no need to feed. if you get to 1 XC then it doesnt show your creature, but you can still click. once you get 2 XC it shows your pet to others once again, so pretty much if you want your pet posted just click to keep your XC up, same as before. hope this helped!

@Ian
In my opinion right now theres no reason to have a clicks or feeds only because you dont HAVE to feed to get XC. I was thinking if a pet has Feeds prefered, then you have to feed it to get XC, same if it has both clicks and feeds. if it only has clicks then you get the XC after you click, no need to feed. I have pets i want fed and there only getting clicked so i lose XC and dont get anything from it. :/

15 posts

kingbilly • 15 August 2014 at 10:34 PM

@sodabearjess i didn't know that it didn't show at 1xc but didn't want to risk loosing all my credits. thanks 😊

Female
13 posts

mylittlepony_girl • 15 August 2014 at 10:55 PM

I have this problem that I get 10 XC then all of a sudden I get -3 XC and my creature doesn't get more clicks for my loss of 13 XC, so I go click other peoples creatures and I get about 10 XC again, then I all of a sudden have -3 XC and it is just an endless circle. @Ian :T

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 15 August 2014 at 11:08 PM

The Exchange is working so much better now!!!
I've racked up 100 XC (with my creature still in it) and I'm thoroughly pleased 😊

My only issue is that people may disregard the only clicks section, they may still feed. Maybe on those pages have a reminder that only clicks are wanted on this page, no feeds

@mylittlepony_girl
Your creatures are still clicked on, just too quickly for you to gain more (that's what I gather from what you have said)

Gender Fluid
1,101 posts

misty_rose_ • 15 August 2014 at 11:12 PM

@sodabearjess I didn't need any help, I only said I liked the idea of having to have a creature in the exchange to be able to use it.

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 15 August 2014 at 11:31 PM

@Ian
I love the new update! It makes it so much better! But, I ran out of links to click with -2 XC.

Female
167 posts

thaliel • 15 August 2014 at 11:49 PM

I know I'm reapeating myself, but this is really important for me: let me earn xc even when opening all at once (by using snaplinks)

Female
2,043 posts

lynncrow • 16 August 2014 at 12:37 AM

Still doesn't work for me unless I left click and open in a new tab and feed the creature that way.

452 posts

xxxmahiruxxx • 16 August 2014 at 12:54 AM

@Ian

Love the idea! Especially the sort options and creature preview images 😸

Haven't had any problems so far.

Keep up the good work! 😃