Egg Cave Click Exchange Bug/Ideas Topic

in Problems & Bugs

Male
4 posts

kenazraventooth • 14 August 2014 at 12:08 PM

I agree with @raitonchidori and @persipnei i get about 12 creatures on the home page or less so i am not getting a whole lot of XC :C

Female
167 posts

thaliel • 14 August 2014 at 12:13 PM

@Ian
especially when this goes public (meaning a lot of creatures to take care of), you need to work out a way we can get credits wthout clikcing each creature seperately

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 14 August 2014 at 12:22 PM

@thaliel If you hold ctrl while clicking you can open all the creatures in new tabs without it directing you away from your current tab. As opposed to clicking the creature and being redirected to its page. This greatly speeds up clicking in the exchange.

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 14 August 2014 at 1:09 PM

@thaliel

Or if you have a Mac like I do you can use command+click to open the creatures' profiles in new tabs and then when you fed all the creatures you can go back to the click exchange tab and then use option+click on the close tab symbol to close all tabs but the one you're on 😊

Female
13 posts

nata36 • 14 August 2014 at 1:34 PM

@Ian

I was using IE before, and I tried it with Chrome. It fixed the elusive "Not-Disappearing-Even-When-I-Click-The-Link-Like-Twenty-Times" bug for me.

5 posts

jennz32 • 14 August 2014 at 2:17 PM

I have an idea that, I dont know if it was said before, but maybe users should be able to receive clicks at random whilst feeding other profiles. for example: if you click an egg in the click exchange, then you most definitely receive one click, but if say, you went to that user's profile and fed all of their other creatures, you have the chance to receive clicks at random, like how kinump seeds were rewarded during Halloween. this will encourage users to go out and explore other profiles after all the links in the click exchange are already clicked through and get more creatures fed than ever before.

Female
4,736 posts

twilight_raptor • 14 August 2014 at 4:24 PM

@Ian i just found that i should right click and open the creature link in a new tab. Only then the clicks are registered and they disappear when i refresh the page. when i just click on the link all the do is turn green saying 'clicked' (i dont know if its supposed to open the creature profile page but nothing like that happens) but when i refresh the page the same links appear and i am able to click them again

i am using IE btw ^^;

1,696 posts

cookiemonster • 14 August 2014 at 5:10 PM

@Ian
Awesome!! ❤️ thank you for recreating the click exchange! It will help me with immortalizing so much! 😸

Female
1,339 posts

kalateevolk • 14 August 2014 at 6:57 PM

@Ian

I honestly am glad this idea has been added into a beta section of this site. Before hand, I used the click exchange on eggcavern which was a lot of fun.

One thing that sort of bugs me in the system is the fact that there are times where I have to wait minutes to click more creatures :-/ but other than that, I don't appear to have any problems with it 😊 It's a brilliant feature!

Female
2,021 posts

ice2505 • 14 August 2014 at 7:29 PM

One thing I would suggest when it opens up to everyone...is to give everyone more XC to start out with. Because people don't have enough ;there are not that many links that are available to click.

Agender
28 posts

rhiecakes • 14 August 2014 at 9:48 PM

i think there should be a base amount of XC that people are given to start out. that way there is always credits in the system, giving people creatures to click. if we started out with, say, 100 free XC, that would populate the exchange with links, allowing users to add several creatures without worrying about using up all their XC immediately. in populating the exchange, people will have links to click so they can earn XC and add more creatures, etc. pretty basic LE economics i think.
the problem i'm seeing with this exchange is that there are very few creatures, presumably because no one has any XC - a presumption i make based on the fact that i have 4 creatures in the exchange and it's impossible to make XC with only 2 links to click every five minutes. even if i only added 1 creature, the problem wouldn't change.

anyways that's my feedback, i'm sorry if someone already suggested it and it was shot down.

49 posts

gatheringrosesinsnow • 14 August 2014 at 10:01 PM

Todays click stats XC-1 go to exchange. 1 creature to click... um, 1 click in return - at least I'm at zero XC now (thankyou though fellow clicker!)

It's hard to know whether I should have more than the four links I have active to allow players to have more to click, or less to give my own clicking stats a chance to catch up and clear them from the exchange faster... especially being placed in a timezone that doesn't always coincide with peak activity on Eggcave.

@Ian - what about a suggestion like say every time a user logs into the click exchange for that day they'd receive say 5XC or 10XC as a reward (frequent clicking miles) much like the EC rewards setup is currently but a smaller/proportionally set amount

Alternatively, what about an active 'phantom' account that is 'free-for-all' to click and is immune from the click stats (would also need to be factored out of the click-tables), so that individuals can at least build up some clicking resources without being unduly penalised by nought and negative exchange stats.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 14 August 2014 at 11:18 PM

Working beautifully.
Trisk reached 1500 feeds just tonight, thank you everyone for feeding c:
Got 500 feeds in just the last two days, wow, thanks everyone!
Removed link at 1,049 clicks from the click exchange.

@jennz32
But what if the user didn't want the creatures to be fed? There's that issue as well.

Female
167 posts

thaliel • 15 August 2014 at 12:00 AM

I am really hoping this will somehow be working better with snaplinks (or multilinks ior whatever, but snaplinks is most common)

Female
1,285 posts

mejary • 15 August 2014 at 2:39 AM

@Ian hmm what about if we could also buy exchange credits with cc or real money for those who can't always click creatures or just want to have more credits 😸

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 15 August 2014 at 2:52 AM

Would be nice to have a limit on how many feeds max you could get as well ^^

Female
170 posts

lunka • 15 August 2014 at 5:51 AM

@Ian
Um... Not a really big fan of this click exchange idea since XC charged for creatures being clicked and being kicked out if 0 XC.
Anyway, it's a good idea for those who could be on all the time and earn lots XCs.

Deleted • 15 August 2014 at 7:19 AM

@Ian I have one more suggestion...

Id like to able to quickly check how my entered Creatures stats are (aka not clicks gained since entering).
How about we'd be able to click entered Creatures when clicking on "Manage Creatures"? Ive tried to click my Creatures several times, only to be like "oh, right."

Female
373 posts

arvak • 15 August 2014 at 7:56 AM

Everything was still working great for me except I haven't any creatures to click since yesterday afternoon. I guess I have bad timing. I know that this will change once it's open to everyone though and there are more than just the Beta test creatures involved. 😊

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 15 August 2014 at 9:55 AM

@ian

Thanks! it seems ok now! my XC are updating now! 😊

Female
31 posts

paddycakes • 15 August 2014 at 10:09 AM

I really like this idea - the XC means that you can't just flood the exchange with a load of critters and not do anything to get clicks for them, and for me, it's making me spend more time on eggcave instead of just arriving, feeding my critters at Tim's, then going again

Female
1,888 posts

bubblez • 15 August 2014 at 10:44 AM

I wasn't really on yesterday, and now there's only one creature to click. Where'd all the creatures go? o-o

Edit: They're only showing up one at a time like every few minutes. Is this normal?

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 15 August 2014 at 11:04 AM

@bubblez I think that might be me. I click, but I haven't posted a creature for others. I better go do that...

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 15 August 2014 at 11:30 AM

@Ian

If it hasn't been suggested already, we should be able to buy points for the exchange 😊

Female
162 posts

sammiwolf • 15 August 2014 at 12:38 PM

@Ian
Sorry about the miss. And sorry about the delay in reply. I didn't get a notification. But that's a bug for another thread. lol I'll try again. (For the record, refreshing with the button still doesn't refresh my stats, only gets me new creatures to click (if there any available). I still have to make a full page reload to update my stats.)

Your web browser is:
Firefox 31 on Windows 7
Is your Web browser up to date?
? Your web browser is up to date.
Your Web Browser's Capabilities:
Is JavaScript enabled? Yes How to enable JavaScript...
Are Cookies enabled? Yes
Is Flash installed? Flash 14.0 is installed

? Up to date
Is Java installed? Java is not detected

Female
10 posts

chibirf • 15 August 2014 at 1:18 PM

I was away as this started, so it seems the most things are allready sayed.

I find it a nice idea and that you must do something, so that your creatur can be clicked. As i have seen i had no problems with this until now. 😊

Female
260 posts

stormdragonxi • 15 August 2014 at 1:38 PM

What does everyone think? This is what my exchange top looks like:
Exchange Credits: 0 XC | Total Clicks: 0 | Total Clicks To You: 15
If I've done dozens and dozens of clicks from day one, why doesn't it show that I've clicked anyone?
If my exchange credits drop down because people are clicking my pets, why do I only have 15 clicks to my pets, for all the clicks I've done since the beginning of this test?
Anyone else having problems like this? I've clicked probably hundreds of pets since this started and I get no where.
I really love the thought of clicking other people's pets and getting clicks in return, but I'm confused at either the problem in my program, or whatever it is I'm doing wrong.
I also get endless clicks when I sit on the no preference tab and just click, refresh, click, refresh. I've never gotten the error that others have gotten. The only time I ever see "you've already clicked/fed this pet" is when I go on to the Feeds tab or Clicks tab.
Am I doing it wrong?

15 posts

kingbilly • 15 August 2014 at 2:22 PM

I haven't had any problems so far. only thing i would say is maybe an easier way to get credits for posting as there aren't many pets every time i go to click

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 15 August 2014 at 4:16 PM

need more pets, im at -2XC and have had nothing to click, in the past hour

Male
148 posts

jaegis • 15 August 2014 at 4:22 PM

Clicking has gradually gone down for me, barely see any creatures. I've been spamming it for the past few days, does that have anything to do with it?