Egg Cave Click Exchange Bug/Ideas Topic

in Problems & Bugs

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 12 August 2014 at 7:59 PM

@strawberry876272

Yes. It just means that users have clicked your pets before they were taken off of the viewing for everyone. Perfectly normal. 😃

Female
26 posts

skits • 12 August 2014 at 7:59 PM

First things first, as an improvement, the links should load faster for quicker XC.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 12 August 2014 at 8:03 PM

@strawberry876272 Yes, that means that multiple users clicked your creature/s before it could be removed. This is not a bug.

@jazzyleia Yes! 😃

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 12 August 2014 at 8:09 PM

lol is there any way to get out of negative credits? I clicked all creatures available and still end up negative.

always being in the NEGATIVE means my creatures dont get clicks ...

hahaha I got out of negative for a moment

Exchange Credits: 4 XC | Total Clicks: 183 | Total Clicks To You: 201

Deleted • 12 August 2014 at 9:14 PM

@novrain62 I keep being in negative too, then I click again and can go for another minute lol

Although it did get annoying when I got to -23 XC somehow 😋

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 12 August 2014 at 9:18 PM

@poof - it does get annoying haha

Female
4,736 posts

twilight_raptor • 12 August 2014 at 9:20 PM

I am so happy about the click exchange *0*

But my click credits arent increasing after i click on the exchange. And when i click refresh links, the same set of links load up even though i already clicked them, and my total clicks arent increasing either
Anyone else having this prob?

Deleted • 12 August 2014 at 9:35 PM

Ok..I have tried the Click Exchange and it is nice but...the thought that I am basically being penalized for having creatures in the exchange by having credits deducted every time someone clicks on whatever creatures I have in the exchange at the moment seems a bit...deterring for me.

I guess my credits won't decrease if I do not put any in the exchange though.

Still..it is a good way to get creatures fed/clicked too.

Female
123 posts

mistishackleton • 12 August 2014 at 9:47 PM

@ryu-20000 your not being penalized. It means that your creatures are getting clicked/fed as fast as your feeding. The point of the click exchange is not to build up an XC balance it is to get your creatures stats up. If you don't click then your creatures don't show up. Hence the exchange....i click you click we all click. 😊

@Ian I am also seeing repeat creatures in the click exchange that I have already clicked and fed via the exchange today

Female
148 posts

ugena • 12 August 2014 at 9:50 PM

Great! Everitghing is GREAT! 😉 And I really love the 'preference icon' beneat the creatures! 😊 Thanks for adding me! 😊

Two-Spirit
753 posts

brunosc • 12 August 2014 at 10:11 PM

@Ian
The best idea ever, I missed so much eggcavern's click thing since the site went out!

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 12 August 2014 at 10:33 PM

@Ian

Thank you for choosing me as a beta tester! 😃

So far, everything is great except for one potential problem, well... I may be the only one who considers this a problem.

I like to adopt creatures when they're still eggs because I like to record their hatch days. If creatures can evolve quicker, it will be harder to find unfrozen eggs of retired creatures if everyone tries to evolve their UFT and UFA eggs.

I don't know if there can be anything done about this. Still, the benefits of Click Exchange outweigh the cost by far. My favorite thing about it is that I no longer have to worry about looking for people to click my creatures so they won't miss their intended hatch date. 😊

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 12 August 2014 at 10:42 PM

@Ian
do you lose XC when removing a pet?

Female
105 posts

moosecake6 • 12 August 2014 at 10:51 PM

@Ian I am having the negative problem

Female
1,888 posts

bubblez • 12 August 2014 at 11:12 PM

@Ian

If you move a creature from one account to another, does it automatically get removed from the exchange?

Non-binary
10 posts

wisp • 12 August 2014 at 11:46 PM

@Ian

I believe this has already been suggested, however I'll mention it myself (after losing track skimming the thread). It may be helpful for users to be able to prioritize certain creatures they've put in the Click Exchange, whether it be marking them as more important in their list, or being able to "pause" having certain creatures in their list appear for a while without having to remove them. The "pausing" would be ideal for short-term, rather than having to scroll back through their creatures and re-add one they only needed to take off temporarily.

All in all, I'm really thrilled to see this being tested on Egg Cave - it's a great addition, and will hopefully help a lot of users out. I haven't run into any problems as of yet, aside from the speed of people clicking my creatures trumping the speed of my own clicking. (But that's less of a bug, and more of a personal problem, haha.)

Female
182 posts

wallie987 • 13 August 2014 at 12:08 AM

@Ian
Not sure if this has been suggested already, but what about creating an option that displays ONLY creatures that need both clicks AND feeds?

Female
35 posts

shadowolf64 • 13 August 2014 at 12:22 AM

Haven't had any problems. I love this thing... ❤️

Female
330 posts

lovepuppies123 • 13 August 2014 at 12:22 AM

@Ian wow! I love the Click Exchange but there is one problem. When I go to "Manage Your Creatures" and look over at my creatures I chose, I don't seem them leveling up. Like my egg prath, it's still at Lv. 462. will my creatures level up? 😱

But overall I love it! 😸 ❤️

Female
1 post

frozen-asgard • 13 August 2014 at 12:37 AM

Probably someone has mentioned this already, but it would be great if the eggs you already clicked disappeared from the list, because, as they continue in it, you end up wasting time(by clicking on the same egg 2 times), or having to memorize which ones you've clicked. It's kinda bothersome, because I prefer to open new tabs(it's quicker), and the same eggs keep appearing.

Deleted • 13 August 2014 at 12:40 AM

@Ian
This is awesome! 😃 😃

Deleted • 13 August 2014 at 12:40 AM

Love it!

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 13 August 2014 at 1:05 AM

@lovepuppies123
Levels update at 4AM ECT.

-----

I disapprove of having a Leaderboard for the click exchange. I prefer to just leisurely click instead of competing for the top spot. (Sucks being a competitive person)
Besides, we already have ENOUGH leaderboards.

Female
330 posts

lovepuppies123 • 13 August 2014 at 1:06 AM

@newlife oh I see. Thanks!

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 13 August 2014 at 1:09 AM

@bubblez
Yes it gets removed.

Update from Ian at 4:24 PM
"Creatures are automatically removed from the Exchange upon death, trade, or auction"

@moosecake6
This is not a glitch.
Again, another thing Ian added, let me quote.

"The infamous "Invalid link" bug is indeed due to users running out of credits after a creature has been loaded onto to the list. To fix this, we are now allowing negative XC balances."

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 13 August 2014 at 1:13 AM

@lykhaos117 There will still be plenty of people who will keep their eggs as eggs, because generally the earlier the stage, the more a pet is worth. I don't really think the click exchange will affect that very much. People who want to hatch their eggs will be able to with or without the click exchange, although the exchange makes it a bit easier...which for most people is a good thing! People who don't want to hatch their eggs just won't put them in the exchange.

@wisp I don't know if this is quite what you're talking about, but you can already set a certain amount of clicks for your creature to receive. Once it reaches that many clicks, it won't be displayed in the exchange anymore.

@Ian I'm also having issues with repeat creatures appearing. Also, I was wondering if the list of creatures you can click resets at midnight EC time, or when feeds reset for the day? Because if they reset at different times, then you might click a creature in the exchange that you've already fed for the day. (Hopefully that makes sense).

2 posts

londontulips • 13 August 2014 at 2:40 AM

After using the new BETA program for a few hours I have several comments that I would like to bring to attention.
1) Sometimes I run out of creatures to click on even though I have negative credit. I hope that this problem will sort itself out as more users are able to use this feature.
2) I am meeting new players and making new friends. As a new player, I like this feature since I had near no friends. I also get to explore the many types of eggs and creatures that Egg Cave has. This also helps me hatch eggs much faster.
3) I do not like having -5 credit. I think that we should be able to put in 15 eggs, but there should be certain markers, such as 15 @ 15, 10@ 10, etc. to correct this.
4)I would suggest an increase in number limit when players reach certain markers in their account, such as total number of eggs, or possible number of clicks given.
5) My pets should also be able to have an order of preference. Yes, some players would not want to utilize this, so make it an option. I would like something like that though.
6)If possible, put more creatures on the home page, the more views, the better.
7) It would be fun to have weekly competitions to see who can give the most clicks. A small incentive, such as travel destination(s), or even a rare egg could increase the activity on this feature and draw in old and new players.
8)I also like the idea floating around that players can 'help' other players. On another website, dragon cave, players have the option of 'accepting help' from other players. This way, if another player sees that the creatures are dying or sick, they can enter them into a click site for the player no questions asked, again it is optional and fairly clear which players use this feature.

Female
806 posts

aedia • 13 August 2014 at 2:41 AM

This is so exciting! I am thrilled that about a click exchange!

Deleted • 13 August 2014 at 2:49 AM

Everything works well.
I missed this feature.

245 posts

misa-misa • 13 August 2014 at 2:56 AM

@londontulips
The only problem with #8 is that people would be able to get somebody else's creature and put it on the exchange WITHOUT permission. I may not want my creature to evolve and someone else may put it on there and evolve it. Unless, if a person can send a request to put another person's creature onto their click account