Egg Cave Click Exchange Bug/Ideas Topic

in Problems & Bugs

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 12 August 2014 at 3:08 PM

i dont think this happens, but when a player runs out of credits it should take the creature down so we dont waste time trying links that dont work. otherwise i've not found any bugs

Male
102 posts

hipsterism • 12 August 2014 at 3:08 PM

Everything is fine, but I think users need to add more pets, at least three each. Also, I think when you click a pet, instead of a tab, a small section of the click exchange page should have the creature's page for easier clicking/feeding.

Male
472 posts

lucas • 12 August 2014 at 3:08 PM

@ian

Idk if it is normal, but I had 12 XC. I went to AH to check something and my XC dropped to -1. Is that normal?

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 12 August 2014 at 3:10 PM

@cami

Happy testing! Thanks for mentioning that.

Today's main update: we've updated our "links algorithm" and the way lists are generated. The change is this: when you're approaching a 0 XC balance, our system is "smarter" about who to display your links to. This means that, while negative XC balances are still possible, our system will do as much as it can to prevent this from happening.

@lucas

Yes. That's normal. This means that people (on the other end) are literally clicking your creatures as you're gaining XC. This is great news for your creature stats!

Female
237 posts

cami • 12 August 2014 at 3:12 PM

@Ian

oh ok then thank you ^-^ I was wondering how the system worked in doing that.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 12 August 2014 at 3:13 PM

@Ian Thanks for letting me test this beta click exchange! I have no problems with it so far. ^^

Male
472 posts

lucas • 12 August 2014 at 3:13 PM

@ian

Oooh I get it! That's amazing 😃

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 12 August 2014 at 3:14 PM

@sodabearjess

Your links will not display if you have a 0 XC balance. Your creature links will only appear if you have credits available.

The reason negative XC balances occur is because your XC balance can reach 0 while users are still loading your links (despite them being removed from the system). This happens because the Click Exchange is so fast-paced.

@spiritkoi

Glad to have you!

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 12 August 2014 at 3:15 PM

@Ian
Has the beta been opened up to new people? There's been a sudden flood of links, not complaining about that, haha.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 12 August 2014 at 3:16 PM

@newlife

Yup. We just added about 2000 new players to the Click Exchange. Hoping that more XC floating around will improve the overall experience.

Female
1,323 posts

promise • 12 August 2014 at 3:16 PM

@Ian
Has it been opened to everyone? If not when will it be available to everyone?

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 12 August 2014 at 3:19 PM

@promise

It is not yet open to everybody. We are hoping to continue testing for another week before it opens to the public.

Male
141 posts

clay • 12 August 2014 at 3:21 PM

@Ian

I like it so far! 😃

Could we get, like, a leaderboard of number of clicks by a user on the exchange? And one for most clicks recieved on creatures?

3,399 posts

bun • 12 August 2014 at 3:21 PM

Finally, a click exchange on Egg Cave! Love it.

Seems to be working fine. c:

Male
42 posts

takabakun • 12 August 2014 at 3:24 PM

I used to use this system on a different site long time ago. It always worked well. Was a good idea to start it here. Thanks. 😊 For me works perfectly without any problem.

3,399 posts

bun • 12 August 2014 at 3:30 PM

I take that back, it works great, but there aren't enough links to click. x3

Female
13 posts

nata36 • 12 August 2014 at 3:30 PM

Thanks for letting me test this! I love the idea and I haven't found any bugs so far. 😃

152 posts

whereiscupcake • 12 August 2014 at 3:32 PM

I love this addition to the site already 😊 It's all working fine for me at the moment, I just hope nothing pops up now that I've said that XD

I just have one question: Does a creature removed and then added show up to others as a new creature they haven't clicked that day? I'm forgetful and make quite a few mistakes so chances are I would waste XC in this way thank to having to change a creature's preferences/taking them down accidentally (...Yes, I do believe I would do this at one point or another...)

2,802 posts

elf • 12 August 2014 at 3:34 PM

It works pretty well, though sometimes it starts to lag a bit, wish there were more links to click xD @Ian

Female
2,021 posts

ice2505 • 12 August 2014 at 3:43 PM

Think is a great idea. I love it so far!

Female
332 posts

leiajazzy • 12 August 2014 at 3:48 PM

@Ian
Quick question: We can participate in the Click Exchange with our sides too right? Or no?

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 12 August 2014 at 3:52 PM

@whereiscupcake yes. The system automatically knows which links you've clicked and is only showing you "valid" links for the day. In that sense, you can never accidentally spend XC on something that won't count for anything.

@leiajazzy as of right now, yes, sides can participate in the Click Exchange.

Add creatures, add creatures, add creatures! That will improve the experience of the Exchange and give people more to click on.

Female
332 posts

leiajazzy • 12 August 2014 at 3:53 PM

@Ian
Okay thanks! Oh I think I found a little bug or something. My total clicks is 6 but I have 11XC and no pets up to be clicked.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 12 August 2014 at 3:54 PM

@leiajazzy

This is not a bug. It just means that there are no "valid" links for you to click at the moment (you've already clicked every one that you can in the system)!

Female
13 posts

nata36 • 12 August 2014 at 3:57 PM

@Ian
I think I may have found a bug, I've clicked most of the links but they aren't disappearing when I refresh.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 12 August 2014 at 3:58 PM

@nata36

When you click the orange "Refresh" button or when you refresh your browser window? Does the orange Refresh button just hang on the "Loading..." text?

Let me know.

Female
760 posts

okami • 12 August 2014 at 3:59 PM

@ian

It isn't working for me. I click a creature, and it tells me that I clicked it, but when I refresh the page the creature is still there. Sometimes it gives me xc, other times it doesn't. Also, I have to press ctrl + click the link for it to open.

Female
13 posts

nata36 • 12 August 2014 at 4:01 PM

@Ian
It does refresh when I click the button, but the links don't disappear. It's the same when I refresh my browser.

Female
2,043 posts

lynncrow • 12 August 2014 at 4:03 PM

@ian

I understand that's the point. While XC moves the "Total clicks" and "Total clicks to you" don't change at all.

If they did, then I would assume it was working.

Female
760 posts

okami • 12 August 2014 at 4:06 PM

@Ian

Another thing: on the exchange home, there are 11 creatures that appear for me. They don't go away no matter how many times I click on them. I'm not getting any xc for clicking on them at this point. The weird thing though is that before I click any of them, my stats are Exchange credit: -3 Total Clicks: 11 and Total Clicks To You: 19. When I click on a creature, the stats go back to the appearance of being 5, 0, and 0. If I'm making any sense