Egg Cave Click Exchange Bug/Ideas Topic

in Problems & Bugs

Deleted • 11 August 2014 at 11:00 AM

@ian Everything is working fine here, but Id like to suggest something.

If a Creature that has been put in the Exchange gets traded, it should no longer be in there.
I traded for a Cayni that was in the Exchange, and it "took" a few of my XC before I discovered so.

If it isnt possible to take them out if they get traded, how about a notification or something like that?

Female
25 posts

talyn • 11 August 2014 at 11:00 AM

I'm having the same problem with clicking on a pet. I click it, it'll replace the image with a checkmark and "Clicked" but nothing actually happens. My click count will appear to go up but upon refresh the pets return, my click count is back down, and nothing has changed. I have to manually right click the image and tell it to open in a new tab. Ctrl + Click does not work.

Not sure if that's how it's supposed to work, but it could use some faster/easier-to-use methods?

Female
162 posts

sammiwolf • 11 August 2014 at 12:47 PM

As many others have reported, I also got several of the invalid link messages from the exchange now. They were all the same type of creature, so I assumed they were all the same owner, but it occurred to me that they may have been the same creature. Don't know for sure.

23 posts

peppoy • 11 August 2014 at 1:04 PM

Well, this was new: I got a "Already Fed Today" notice (for the creature Cord the Skrulline). If I already fed it, why was it there? And no, I had not fed this pet - or its owner's account - off of the Click Exchange either.

Female
2,043 posts

lynncrow • 11 August 2014 at 2:33 PM

@ian

The click exchange doesn't work for me at all. I put in a creature and that was fine, but I can't click anyone in the exchange.

When I click a creature, it changes to the checkmark and says it's clicked, but nothing else happens.

It starts adding up the number of credits I would've gotten and then goes back to zero.

I think it would be a great feature if I could actually get it to work.

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 11 August 2014 at 4:24 PM

Hi all!

Updates:

- Added a preview image when adding a creature to the exchange (so you can physically see it, instead of just a name)

- At this time, we do not have plans to allow you to add creatures that are *not yours* to the Exchange (this would cause too much fuss about control over your stats/evolutions)

- At this time, we do not have plans to "quick feed" a creature directly from the Exchange. This functionality shall remain on creature profiles which are loaded by click-through links.

- "No Preference" stats option has been removed; the new default is "Both Clicks and Feeds" since it essentially means the same thing

- Creatures are automatically removed from the Exchange upon death, trade, or auction

The infamous "Invalid link" bug is indeed due to users running out of credits after a creature has been loaded onto to the list. To fix this, we are now allowing negative XC balances.

@kisamari if you right click on a creature to open it in a new window or tab, you will still receive XC. It's just that the main exchange page requires a couple of seconds to fetch your updated balance. Please note that you have to *follow through* with the click link in order to receive your XC. In other words, quickly launching tabs and closing without loading won't work. You have to wait for the following pages (namely, the creature profile) to load.

@stormdragonxi with regards to "losing" credits while you're actively clicking, this just means that at the exact moment in time, there's users on the other end who are clicking on your creatures an equal amount to what you're giving to the exchange.

@emilianagerson can you go to whatismybrowser.com and write your browser diagnostics here? I'd like to check in and see why the Click Exchange isn't working at your grandma's.

@poof great catch! Creatures do need to be removed from the Click Exchange upon being traded or death. This has been added.

Thanks everybody for your thoughts thus far!

Female
1,419 posts

emilianagerson • 11 August 2014 at 4:33 PM

@ian
Sure, i well do that next time im there. Also, I got the points for clicking the creature for a few seconds then it went away. In that time some people must have clicked my creatures and i paid exchange points i did not earn. In other words, I have gotten extra clicks that i did not earn from doing that. So i'll make sure to do what you said as soon as i can get to my grandma's computer.

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 11 August 2014 at 4:38 PM

@emilianagerson

If your XC is quickly disappearing, that means somebody else is clicking your creatures on the other side literally as you're earning XC.

At the moment, the Click Exchange is pretty small. This will begin to change (and become less common) upon public release (more creatures and XC in the rotation).

Thanks much. Ping me back when you get your grandma's computer information.

Deleted • 11 August 2014 at 4:43 PM

@Ian Its looking great so far! I cant wait till everyone can use it though, so I have more to click 😉

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 11 August 2014 at 5:43 PM

@Ian

I have a suggestion, I think we should be able to go back and edit our stats preference so we wouldn't have to remove and re add our creatures. It'll make things a little easier 😊

Female
462 posts

megadash • 11 August 2014 at 7:34 PM

@Ian
Here's an idea: You can access any clicks until you have a minimum of one link. It doesn't seem like a good idea to let users accumulate clicks if they're not going to use them and keep them out of the market.

@sapphyr
I understand what where you're coming from, but I'd rather have negative credits (and be able to access the batch that I've already clicked) than have no less than 0 credits and have half of 16 clicks come up as invalid. It just wastes time.

#MegadashIdea

738 posts

dragonnn • 11 August 2014 at 7:37 PM

@Ian

Everything works for me. Glad I can test this useful feature. There were only 14 links for me to click, so I guess there are just a few users testing out the Exchange as well?

Thanks. Works similarly to EggCavern for me.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 11 August 2014 at 7:50 PM

Ive clicked 66 creatures but I have never gotten 66 credits.

Female
260 posts

stormdragonxi • 11 August 2014 at 8:37 PM

@Ian So I lose credits for just when the pet is shown? I have only 5 clicks to my pets, versus the dozens and dozens of clicks I've done. That's why I wondered if I was doing something wrong.

Androgynous
985 posts

vampire666 • 11 August 2014 at 8:53 PM

I have a feeling this will be really great once everyone has creatures in it. I keep running out of things to click. And the update so that we don't get the error page is really great. 😃

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 11 August 2014 at 9:09 PM

Hi @Ian,

Everything worked just fine and thanks for the click exchange beta feature to test out. 😃

This is what the Click Exchange has yielded in stats for me so far:

Exchange Credits: 20 XC | Total Clicks: 51 | Total Clicks To You: 36

I'm very delighted this is in the works for everyone to enjoy soon. Will post again should anything arise and thank you again.

Female
2,043 posts

lynncrow • 12 August 2014 at 12:15 AM

@ian

The fixes you guys worked on changed nothing for me.

Repost:
The click exchange doesn't work for me at all. I put in a creature and that was fine, but I can't click anyone in the exchange.

When I click a creature, it changes to the checkmark and says it's clicked, but nothing else happens.

It starts adding up the number of credits I would've gotten and then goes back to zero.

I think it would be a great feature if I could actually get it to work.

Female
1 post

filouretta • 12 August 2014 at 4:05 AM

After I fed today, this showed up

"Exchange Credits: -9 XC"

I think it's not right, that there is a minus 😊

Gender Fluid
1,101 posts

misty_rose_ • 12 August 2014 at 11:50 AM

@filouretta
@ian
I had a -1 XC when I logged in today. I'm not sure if that would be a bug or not but it doesn't make sense since when you run out of XC doesn't the creature(s) you put in not show until you earn more XC?

Female
162 posts

sammiwolf • 12 August 2014 at 12:55 PM

Ok, today my credits are going into the negatives. Every time I click new creatures, instead of my credits going up, they're going down. I keep trying to get them going up, but there are only so many creatures available to be fed. So even though I'm refreshing the page a lot, I'm not gaining any ground. So, are my creatures staying on the exchange even when I don't have credits? I'm very confused.

Also, I've noticed that the refresh button doesn't get me a new group of creatures. I have to do a full page refresh. It will clear creatures I've already clicked. But to get new creatures and to get my numbers to reflect the new clicks, a full page refresh is required. And before someone says it takes a few seconds or whatever, I do between 10 and 20 clicks of the button before just doing a full page refresh. That should be time enough I would think.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 12 August 2014 at 12:55 PM

@filouretta @misty_rose_

Check that lengthy post of Ian's.
Ht says he's allowing negative XC

Gender Fluid
1,101 posts

misty_rose_ • 12 August 2014 at 1:25 PM

@newlife ah missed that. Though I don't like it that much. Because if I'm gone all day and can't get on I may come back to who knows how many negative and it will be a pain to get out of.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 12 August 2014 at 1:28 PM

@misty_rose_

Here's is the logic behind the negative credits:

Say you're on the exchange, clicking some creatures. Before that, someone had their credits drop down to 0, but their creatures were still on their page because you loaded their creatures before their credits dropped down to 0.
You click them, and their credits go negative.

At the same time, someone else goes to the exchange, and they manage to miss the person that has their credits to 0 because before they could see the creatures, their balance was at 0.

I hope that makes sense, if not, I can try to explain it a bit more.

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 12 August 2014 at 2:46 PM

@novrain62 that's odd. Did you wait for the links to load and redirect to the creature profile? Or did you just do a mass launch of links? These links have to load and propagate in order for you to get your XC.

@stormdragonxi no. Your XC is NOT reduced just for the link to appear. Your XC is only reduced when you receive a physical click that's registered by the system.

@lynncrow based on what you're describing, it actually sounds like the system is working for you. If your XC balance is gravitating back towards 0 XC as you're clicking, that means you're receiving clicks on your creatures which is precisely the point of the Click Exchange. XC aren't something you "accumulate" but something you trade or exchange.

@sammiwolf again, if your XC is gravitating back towards 0 XC even as you're clicking creatures, this means that *at the same moment you're clicking*, other users are clicking your creatures which is precisely what the Click Exchange is for!

Sammi, with regards to some of the loading issues you've been having (full page refresh required), can you send me your browser diagnostics from whatismybrowser.com and post it here? Ping back. Thanks.

Based on what I've been hearing from the most recent updates, none of these things are new bugs or glitches. The system is working as expected.

To wake up each day with 0 XC is a good thing because it means you've got as many clicks as you can for your creatures.

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 12 August 2014 at 2:52 PM

Whoa, I was just added as a beta tester! This all looks great so far and I don't have any problems! Hope this is brought to the EggCave community soon!

Female
2,174 posts

dream-within-a-dream • 12 August 2014 at 2:59 PM

Cool. XD I'm on... .... Huh. I think it made my brohu evolve. >.< ☚ī¸

Male
472 posts

lucas • 12 August 2014 at 3:00 PM

@ian

Everything is working perfectly fine for me c: I'll keep you guys updated if I find something "unwanted" 😊

Female
3,796 posts

sparklefox • 12 August 2014 at 3:00 PM

@Ian - Thank you for giving me the chance to test this beta Click Exchange out. I have yet to try it out, but I was just wanting to thank you. This seems like an awesome idea, mind you. 😉
Right, I'm off to try out the CE.~

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 12 August 2014 at 3:01 PM

@sparklefox @lucas @dream-within-a-dream @jazzyleia

Enjoy and have fun!

Female
237 posts

cami • 12 August 2014 at 3:03 PM

I have no problems so far with it beside me getting negative credit lol ^-^