Egg Cave Click Exchange Bug/Ideas Topic

in Problems & Bugs

Female
198 posts

alliainen • 12 August 2014 at 4:07 PM

@Ian

Yesh!

This is what I missed most when eggcavern quit, great to have it here!

Everything is working fine 😊

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 12 August 2014 at 4:09 PM

i wish if you've fed the creature it wouldn't pop up again, because people take an XC for clicking but they dont feed my pet, i works for only clicks but not for both

Female
162 posts

sammiwolf • 12 August 2014 at 4:21 PM

@Ian Yes, I understand that, but when I haven't clicked any creatures in several minutes and I never got out of the negatives, are my creatures still showing up? Because I've watched the negative continue to grow when I not only haven't clicked creatures in a few minutes, but never got out of the negative credits to have my creatures be available for clicks.

Browser info:
? Your web browser is up to date.
Your Web Browser's Capabilities:
Is JavaScript enabled? Yes How to enable JavaScript...
Are Cookies enabled? Yes
Is Flash installed? Flash 14.0 is installed

? Up to date
Is Java installed? Java is not detected

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 12 August 2014 at 4:24 PM

@nata36 this means that you're not allowing the click-through links to load all the way. Wait for the launched creature profiles to load completely before exiting out of the tab. It has to load to register the click in the system. That's why the same links might appear.

@lynncrow @bluewolf go to whatismybrowser.com and copy and paste your browser diagnostics here.

@sammiwolf somehow you missed posting what browser you're using and its version. Copy and paste the top text too where it says:

OUR WEB BROWSER IS:
Chrome 36 on Mac OS X (Mountain Lion)

Female
182 posts

wallie987 • 12 August 2014 at 4:27 PM

@Ian
I haven't seen any problems yet... I think this would work better when there are more creatures in this though. 😸

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 12 August 2014 at 4:31 PM

@Ian
The Click Exchange seems to be working nicely on my end. Very excited to see this tool up-and-running on Egg Cave!

Suggestion: How about adding a section displaying available XC underneath the EC/CC tabs in the sidebar? That way users can always have a visual on their exchange credits even when not on the Click Exchange page.

Female
182 posts

wallie987 • 12 August 2014 at 4:32 PM

@Ian
Sorry to post again, but just wondering, for the "display clicks and feeds" option, is it supposed to display only creatures that want both clicks and feeds or a mix? A mix is showing up for me.

2,802 posts

elf • 12 August 2014 at 4:33 PM

@Ian
Just wondering, in the future, is this click exchange going to be similar to eggcavern with all the raffles? 😱 Oh and maybe when you go to another page on eggcave, there's a chance you'll get a notification that says: "Oh look, there's 5 credits on the ground" or something like that? Since there aren't enough people participating xD

63 posts

klemen • 12 August 2014 at 4:38 PM

@Ian

I'm really happy about this. I missed it a lot when eggcavern closed. I haven't encountered any problems so far.
My XC are loading right away.

Edit: I do love that there is a line under Your Account showing how many clicks we have 😊

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 12 August 2014 at 4:38 PM

@wallie987 "Both Clicks and Feeds" displays any and all creatures in the Click Exchange. So, yes, you'll see a mix. To not see a mix, select "Clicks Only" or "Feeds Only."

@Meteoroid great suggestion! Added to the sidebar.

@leonx we're hoping to run raffles, similar to Egg Cavern, yes.

Female
760 posts

okami • 12 August 2014 at 4:39 PM

@Ian

Your web browser is: Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7

Is your Web browser up to date? ? Your web browser is up to date.

Your Web Browser's Capabilities:

Is JavaScript enabled?
Yes How to enable JavaScript...

Are Cookies enabled?
Yes

Is Flash installed?
Flash 14.0 is installed ? Up to date

Is Java installed?
Java is not detected

2,802 posts

elf • 12 August 2014 at 4:40 PM

@Ian
Yay ^^ Also just wondering, how come it says feeds only though? Since you have to click the link to get there 😋

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 12 August 2014 at 4:44 PM

@bluewolf we've made an update. Try now. Your stats shouldn't be going back to 0 on the top bar.

@leonx it's simply there to allow users to indicate that they are really in the exchange for feeds.

2,802 posts

elf • 12 August 2014 at 4:44 PM

@Ian
Alright ^^

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 12 August 2014 at 4:51 PM

@Meteoroid @Ian

I love the sidebar. Great suggestion and great addition!

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 12 August 2014 at 5:07 PM

@Ian This is fantastic!!! 😃 This is probably one of the two things that I've most missed from Eggcavern ( the other is the wish list feature.) I'm thrilled to hear that raffles may be added as well!! 😃 So far I haven't encountered any bugs on my end, but I'll post if I encounter anything.

35 posts

hawktalon • 12 August 2014 at 5:07 PM

good idea, i like it! havent noticed any bugs besides the negative points, but i know you guys are aware of that!

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 12 August 2014 at 5:10 PM

What is the point of having both 'feeds only' and 'both clicks and feeds'? In order to feed the creature, one needs to click on them first, so wouldn't it make more sense to have only the 'both clicks and feeds' and 'clicks only' options?

The category system can be condensed one way or another...otherwise, it's pretty good 😊

Actually, just renaming the categories might make it less confusing. 'All', 'clicks only', and 'feeds preferred' make more sense to me.

Female
3 posts

penguinlover • 12 August 2014 at 5:11 PM

I haven't seen anything, are the links randomly generated?

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 12 August 2014 at 5:11 PM

@hawktalon

The negative points aren't actually a bug. It will happen sometimes. The click exchange will take your pet off the viewing for clicks if you have no credits but sometimes it is still up on a user's screen for them to click. Thus, when they click, it takes away a credit of yours, leaving you at a negative balance if you had none.

Hope that helps, unless there is a problem with the negative credits that I don't know about...

Female
26 posts

skits • 12 August 2014 at 5:14 PM

The only bug I've seen is the click exchange not giving any XC.

Also, My starter has enough clicks to grow, but despite using the Recache Images option, it has still not worked. Also want to point that out.

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 12 August 2014 at 5:15 PM

@skits
Your pet won't grow until the next site update which is at the normal time it always will be, 3am ECT.

Female
26 posts

skits • 12 August 2014 at 5:18 PM

@jazzyleia
Okay. But still, the "not getting XC" problem isn't solved.

263 posts

trig • 12 August 2014 at 5:18 PM

@Ian

There seems to be a dearth of credits and links available to click. Why don't all users be able to start off with more credits, say 50?

Also, it runs pretty slow. Can you do anything about the speed?

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 12 August 2014 at 5:19 PM

@skits @Ian
Yes that is a problem which I am sure Ian will come to solve. I was just letting you know about your other issue you posted. 😃

Female
26 posts

skits • 12 August 2014 at 5:20 PM

@jazzyleia
Okay! Found that as an issue. 😊

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 12 August 2014 at 5:26 PM

@Ian
Yay! I got picked! XD Is it possible for meto have a creature up there? How?

102 posts

mishababy • 12 August 2014 at 5:31 PM

@Ian
This is just wonderful! An excellent idea, and I am very glad to see it here. 😊 Thank you very much for tackling this monster of a project!

That being said, I have an idea/suggestion or two that I'm going to throw out there for everyone. My main focus is the issue of everything opening in new tabs. Since this is the home-site, I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to bother with multiple tabs to get the job done. Ideally, there should be a frame at the bottom where the creature page loads when you click it; even more ideally, this would ONLY load the pertinent creature info - no menu links, header bar, any of that, just straight creature page. Also, if it's possible, I would very much love to see the "Feed" button on the actual link list, below each creature picture (I can post an edited screen shot if you'd like to see what I mean ^.^ ). That might help out people who prefer only feeds for their creatures and who want to minimize actual clicks. I know this would all potentially require even more extensive coding, but it's the only substantial improvement I can see at the moment that would be highly beneficial to everyone attempting to utilize this feature. What do yall think?

Thank yall again for all your hard work. This is awesome! ^.^ ❤️

@izziebee1017 ~ There is a "How It Works" link at the top now that explains everything, you should go take a peek. ^.^

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 12 August 2014 at 5:32 PM

@Ian
Really confused. Is it a probelm if with my com/browser?
Clicked the whole list which is like 11 links. I then had 16 credits. Then after five seconds, my credit count automatically goes back to 5. Um wha?

Female
26 posts

skits • 12 August 2014 at 5:35 PM

@Ian
Although you may have seen this before, the XC won't add up if I click creatures, even multiple times.