Egg Cave Click Exchange Bug/Ideas Topic

in Problems & Bugs

23 posts

peppoy • 13 August 2014 at 2:25 PM

I love the addition of the XC amount (between the CC amount and cove creature count) on the sidebar! That is so useful. 😊

(Unless that has been there for days and I just now noticed it!)

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 13 August 2014 at 2:30 PM

@lendulka Yep, that can happen and it's not a bug. It happens if your creature was displayed to on the exchange to someone while you still had credits, and then you ran out of credits before they had time to click it. They can still click it and it will count, but it will mean that you get negative credits. That was done because a lot of people were having issues with clicking creatures and getting error messages, because the creature's owner ran out of credits. This way, you don't have to worry about a bunch of your clicks not counting because the person ran out of credits before you had time to click.

Hopefully that makes sense. 😊

Female
258 posts

sheschenker • 13 August 2014 at 2:42 PM

This is working great now that it is in open beta.

Male
22 posts

btkrsh • 13 August 2014 at 2:56 PM

Works fine so far! Great idea btw 😉

Female
431 posts

lendulka • 13 August 2014 at 3:14 PM

@musicgurl333

Thanks for answer. 😊 It makes sense, it's better than getting the error message.

Female
1,646 posts

alraune3 • 13 August 2014 at 3:25 PM

@Ian: I am very happy to be picked as a beta tester.😊

I loved the click exchange feature already on egg cavern, it's brillant that we will have the same here in the near future.

It's working perfectly well for me so far. I added 3 creatures, one of which is my Calla. With the click exchange it will hatch much sooner than expected.😸

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 13 August 2014 at 3:30 PM

i have a problem! My XC are not increasing! the total click did, and i clicked too, but nothing is moving! ☚ī¸

Female
6 posts

kittygirl4 • 13 August 2014 at 4:28 PM

That's happening with me too!

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 13 August 2014 at 4:32 PM

@sodabearjess no. You do not lose XC for removing creatures from the exchange.

@bubblez yes. If you transfer a creature (or it dies), it is automatically removed from the exchange.

@musicgurl333 with regards to repeat creatures, I'm working on discovering why this is happening (since it's happening for everybody). However exchange clicks, non-exchange clicks, and feeds all reset at 3:00 AM ECT each day. They are all on the same schedule, so no mismatch there.

Things I'll reiterate:

1. If your XC balance is gravitating back towards 0 XC as soon as you're gaining the XC, this means that there are OTHER USERS WHO ARE CLICKING YOUR LINKS AT THAT EXACT MOMENT. THIS IS A GOOD THING FOR YOUR CREATURE STATS. A <=0 XC balance means that you've gotten EVERYTHING YOU CAN from the Click Exchange. The goal is not to amass XC but to regularly exchange them as credits. The concept is nothing like EC (i.e. the more you have, the more you can do). XC is completely different, in that they are exchanged and are neither created or destroyed.

2. If your XC is truly not increasing from clicking links, it's because you're not letting the click-through links load all the way. Wait for the click-through link to load the creature profile. That's how you know you've received XC.

========================

Updates for today:

1. Added the ability to edit your stats preference after adding a creature to the exchange on the "Your Creatures" page.

2. We're now removing links that you've already clicked outside of the Click Exchange.

3. We're working on improving our smart linking system to more evenly distribute the priority of your links, as we've noticed that some are getting more attention than others.

Deleted • 13 August 2014 at 5:32 PM

@Ian I love the new click exchange, I think that it is a great idea!

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 13 August 2014 at 5:34 PM

@mila_titan Creatures evolve around 3am Egg Cave time, not immediately after they receive the specified number of stats. So just wait until tomorrow and your creature will evolve.

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 13 August 2014 at 6:20 PM

@ian

my problem is almost ok! the EX are updating but go immediatly back to -3 and my total click dont move! it's still at 0! ☚ī¸

Female
3 posts

penguinlover • 13 August 2014 at 6:50 PM

I love this idea! This is a great way to get money! 😃

Deleted • 13 August 2014 at 8:06 PM

My credits are off by 10

It says I've clicked 208 creatures in total, I have gotten 170 clicks, but my credits are somehow 48

@ian

Female
1,323 posts

promise • 13 August 2014 at 8:16 PM

@choocalate
You start with 10 😋

Female
14 posts

angenitala • 13 August 2014 at 9:17 PM

@Ian I like this idea and I hope it becomes a permanent exchange.

Female
260 posts

stormdragonxi • 13 August 2014 at 10:40 PM

My exchange header looks like this.

Exchange Credits: 0 XC | Total Clicks: 0 | Total Clicks To You: 15

If I've done dozens of clicks, why does it not show that I've clicked anyone?

If my exchange credits drop down because people are clicking my pets, why do I only have 15 clicks to me, for all the clicks I've supposedly done?

I love this idea for trading clicks, just wish I could figure out what I'm doing wrong.

=^-^=

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 13 August 2014 at 11:08 PM

@ian
@orderedchaos

NOT WORKING FOR ME! ALWAYS STAYS AT XC -3, TOTAL CLICKS 0, AND TOTALCLICK TO YOU:22, IT'S LIKE THAT SINCE 8AM THIS MORNING!! IT'S NOW 11PM!!!

and i always have the same creatures that are showing back, once in a while there is one more creature and it's always the same!!

☚ī¸â˜šī¸â˜šī¸â˜šī¸â˜šī¸

can i try it from my side?? i've been chosen there too!

1 post

angelgirl2345 • 13 August 2014 at 11:14 PM

I love this! so far it works great for me ❤ī¸

Female
4,736 posts

twilight_raptor • 13 August 2014 at 11:22 PM

@Ian when i click the creatures my XC increases then decreases soon after which means others are clicking on my creatures right? Then why isnt the 'Total clicks to you' increasing, the 'My total clicks' arent increasing either

Female
276 posts

arcticwonders • 13 August 2014 at 11:46 PM

@ian

I think it would be useful to make the creature images on the manage links page be clickable to their creature profiles. I often find myself wanting to check them but forget that the pictures aren't clickable.

Female
5 posts

adoration • 13 August 2014 at 11:53 PM

This is a very smart idea 😃. I am having no problems with it right now.

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 14 August 2014 at 12:42 AM

@musicgurl333

Thanks for the answer! 😊

@Ian

Maybe we could receive a notification if a creature gets removed from the exchange after receiving enough clicks?

On another note, I was able to evolve eight creatures yesterday thanks to click exchange! 😃

73 posts

jayfox • 14 August 2014 at 1:56 AM

I think this is a great idea!

What percentage of the members are beta testing? My only issue is that I seem to run out of eggs to click quite quickly xD

Female
1,285 posts

mejary • 14 August 2014 at 2:29 AM

@Ian Hello 😸 I noticed something, not sure if it's a bug or my internet connection, but when I was in the Exchange Home not all the creatures image loaded, just some, but the ones that didn't load they not appeared as broken images, just they were there, the link to the creature appears but not the image 😸

Female
2,043 posts

lynncrow • 14 August 2014 at 2:36 AM

Still isn't working for me, I can get XC if I right click and make it open in a new window. At least I think so, it didn't update until I was already off for the day though. I will keep an eye on it next time I try.

91 posts

jonghyun • 14 August 2014 at 5:10 AM

this is an awesome idea, i'm having a fun time clicking and getting clicks in return 😸

Male
2,327 posts

raitonchidori • 14 August 2014 at 7:35 AM

I just think we need more people in Click Exchange. I have no XC, so my creatures will not be clicked, and I know a lot of people also don't have XC, so there will be no much creatures for me to click, so anyone's creature will appear and it will collapse.

Female
385 posts

persipnei • 14 August 2014 at 9:16 AM

I like this idea a lot, because immortalisation would be easier 😊

However, I have the same problem as @raitonchidori has said. Probably it won't happend if everyone in Egg Cave is using it, or maybe could be good idea to give more XC for one click, let's say 3, but take 1 per click... maybe there will be more creatures available in that way so will be much easier and faster to immortalise a creature and of course much fun! 😃

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 14 August 2014 at 12:07 PM

Updates for today:

- @arcticwonders made creature images clickable on the "Your Creatures" page.

- You'll now receive a Notification when a creature of yours has reached its max clicks and has been removed

==========

Still working on:

- Balancing links so some aren't weighted more than the others

- The mysterious "I can click the same creature multiple times" problem