Male
1,393 posts

despair • 18 August 2014 at 2:31 AM

@plisser9

Oh, I guess that makes sense. 😋

Female
112 posts

shinasuki • 18 August 2014 at 4:16 AM

(4:16)(9:50)(10:14)(17:02 ) (two days later 21:27)
Woho~ It's fixed. I can click all links again. Happy happy happy~

Female
2,910 posts

duchess • 18 August 2014 at 4:46 AM

@jennz32 @newlife It's probably because the creature profile text is below the feed buttons and you have to scroll down to read it.

Unfortunately people are lazy and don't see/scroll to read that feeds aren't wanted. For the click exchange it's probably just easier not to put up creatures that you don't want fed.

Female
8 posts

shadowsong45100 • 18 August 2014 at 10:42 AM

This is a great idea for the site. At first, I had no idea how to even get views, feeds, or clicks.

I haven't found any problems for this and I thank you for letting me try this out. ^^

Female
260 posts

stormdragonxi • 18 August 2014 at 12:46 PM

@Ian

How do you make total clicks change? I've clicked loads and loads of pets, but my total never moves. Same with the total number of clicks to me. My credits now stay in the negative since the last update, so if my pets are being clicked to use credits, why do I only have 27 clicks to me? I've been at 27 since maybe the 5th day or so this started.

Exchange Credits: -2 XC | Total Clicks: 0 | Total Clicks To You: 27

Am I doing something wrong?

Female
766 posts

lunar • 18 August 2014 at 2:42 PM

I know eggcavern had raffles. I was wondering if somewhere in the future eggcave will do the same. Have tickets, and prizes/travels, only made for winning a raffle. Same concept as the Wall of Sandaroon, but for clicks and tickets instead?

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 18 August 2014 at 4:16 PM

@Ian

When I click the creatures I'm not getting credited for it. My total clicks stay at 780 and the same page keeps getting reloaded over & when I refresh a new page comes up but the same problem just on another page.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 18 August 2014 at 4:19 PM

UPDATE

As we've been performing cross testing between browsers, we've discovered that the Click Exchange basically doesn't work in IE 11. We're working on a fix as we speak.

180 posts

crumbledtower • 18 August 2014 at 5:34 PM

I don't really have any problems to report yet, so I might as well say my thoughts:

This is a good idea that a lot of people with probably find useful. It's convenient how clicking on a creature opens another tab/window instead of the same page going to that creature. Thanks for letting me test this out.

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 19 August 2014 at 12:11 AM

@lunar It was said on another page that raffles are something that they may have in the future. 😊

I've haven't had any trouble with the exchange in a couple of days now. Everything seems to be running smoothly for me. 😊

Agender
277 posts

arty10 • 19 August 2014 at 12:40 AM

Hi,

Everything is bug-free so far. I just have on request, when we click a creature/egg instead of showing "Clicked!" can the creature/egg just disappear? It's hard to scroll down on my laptop and I'm sure other people have scrolling problems also.
Thanks!
~Arty10

Female
3,806 posts

sparklefox • 19 August 2014 at 2:56 AM

@Ian - Everything has been working perfectly so far on my end. I kinda agree with others on the fact that creatures should disappear when clicked. It's not too hard to scroll down on my brother's tablet, but my own tablet loves to zoom in instead of actually scroll down. It can be pretty annoying at times.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 19 August 2014 at 5:06 AM

Can there please be an area that says how many creatures you've clicked today? I'd love to see how many creatures I've clicked and it would be a nice extra!

Female
766 posts

lunar • 19 August 2014 at 6:05 AM

@arty10 Actually I really like it when it says clicked. It shows to me that my laptop didnt lag XD

Female
2,221 posts

ashlinnhi • 19 August 2014 at 7:21 AM

What's IE 11? O.O 😋

1,558 posts

dragonii • 19 August 2014 at 9:53 AM

@ashlinnhi internet explorer, I think, its the only browser that goes by ie that I know of.

180 posts

crumbledtower • 19 August 2014 at 12:09 PM

@ashlinnhi @dragonii Yeah, it's internet explorer. Turns out I'm using it right now and I see what's wrong...

Female
67 posts

angy-love • 19 August 2014 at 12:27 PM

@Ian

Hi,

first, a huge thank you for letting me in on the test team 😊

I love this new feature. I was so sad when Eggcavern went down and now I can see that it gets implemented into eggcave. That's so awesome! Thank you.

The only bug I found is this:

I used the exchange last week and got about 50 XC points if I remember correctly. I didn't choose any creature of mine to be in the exchange. And then I went into holydays... When I logged on today I had only 10 CX left. My stats headliner says: Exchange Credits: 148 XC | Total Clicks: 271 | Total Clicks To You: 58
I guess there was an update or something in my absence that accidently removed most of my earned CX.

I have one suggestion.
When you click a creature a new tab opens with this creature. My computer needs some time to load this new page, so I go back to the exchange page to click the next creature. So for me it would be nicer if I could just stay on the main page while the new tabs load.

An other suggetion would be, the possibility to deactivate the feed button. There are creatures which I want to become immortal, but without hatching. It woud be great if I could place them into the exchange without having to fear that people feed them.

I also support the idea to put the creature of others into the exchange... I try to keep some dying coves alive and it would help a lot if I could put an unhappy creature there too.

One last suggestion:
In the beginning I got rather confused by the icons which indicate the wishes of the user.
The ckick only looks like a popsicle to me and I would associate that with feeding.
Also I still don't know why there are preference icons in the "all stats" list. I would assume that I get the "clicks only" and the "feeds preferred" only in the provided folder.

Sorry for the long post.
Angy-Love

Female
112 posts

shinasuki • 19 August 2014 at 2:57 PM

@angy-love
A tip:
You can do that on your own by using ctrl+click instead of just clicking on the creature (so you click all the links available while you hold in control and then you roll your thumbs for a moment while they load)

A (rather negative) comment on the rest (sorry about that):
That is already available, but at a price, you should simply ask for CaveCash instead of other gifts for your next birthday or Christmas if you celebrate that an that comes first.

That has already been brought up and turned down, the owner should be the one in control of their creatures stats, think for example if someone entered in one of the creatures you don't want to hatch?
But you could link to them in the profiles of the creatures you do enter and hope at least a few reads the profile out of boredom and clicks those links as well.

The default list shows all links, the sorting option indicates that YOU (the clicker) doesn't have a preference. I would like to be able to sort out the links that doesn't have a preference too though since that is my preference...

And my post above was longer but that doesn't really matter since no one read it. It still doesn't work properly for me even though I don't use IE. (I use Mozilla Firefox)

P.S.
The icon is a computer mouse >.< (it could be a little more clear of one of the buttons where coloured to indicate the action of clicking rather than the object used)

(Edit: Sorry for the negative tone, I find it frustrating with creatures owners who don't want feeds, you have the right to your own way of playing the game but my way is to avoid any and all coves with 'do not feed' creatures in the mix. But I have no right to take it out on you.)

Female
260 posts

stormdragonxi • 19 August 2014 at 5:02 PM

@Ian

It seems that's my problem...I use IE for my browser, when I borrowed my mother's Firefox, everything started working! I now have clicks showing that I've done, and more clicks coming in!
I hope you can get this working on IE soon!

Female
67 posts

angy-love • 19 August 2014 at 7:20 PM

@shinasuki

Thanks a lot for your advice 😊

ctrl+click I didn't know that. It makes things so much easier.

I'll try the link (of dying coves) to the profile of my creatures, too. But I don't have too much hope... I guess most people don't go to the bottom of the creatures page to read the profile.

Thanks a lot too for explaining what the icon stands for. I feel really stupid now *blushes*

I know that there is this potion to freeze creatures, but I'll never get people to give me money for this kind of hobby (online computer games) ☚ī¸
My family thinks I'm crazy for spending my time feeding pixel... I guess they'll put me in the loony bin if I ask them to buy me cave cash.

I'm sorry if you had negative feelings while reading and answering my post. But I didn't take any offence and I am super grateful for your tips.

Female
112 posts

shinasuki • 19 August 2014 at 7:39 PM

@angy-love
Glad I didn't offend you, I tend to rub people the wrong way, regardless of if I try or not.

There are a lot of forums about dying coves and some of them seem to help a lot. Maybe that's the way to go?

My family has come to turns with my hobbies and I think they're mostly just happy I don't go out and do all the stupid things they did when they where my age. I have to pay for most of it myself though...

It's not that stupid, I don't use a computer mouse on regular basis, so I didn't make the connection immediately either.

Female
167 posts

thaliel • 20 August 2014 at 10:45 AM

strangely, ctrl-clicking doesn't do anything different for me except marking all active tabs, might be related to the fact that I changed my Firefox settings to always open new tabs in the foreground.

That's why I use snaplinks, but that wouldn't earn me XC *sigh*

1 post

sungame7 • 20 August 2014 at 1:09 PM

This is a great idea, it will help new people (like me XD), or even people with a lot of pets. I haven't noticed any bugs, but I do have one question. When I first went to start clicking, the page had 15-20 creatures on it, but now it only shows 5-7. Is this a normal occurence, or did I do something wrong?

Thank you for letting me test this!

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 20 August 2014 at 4:02 PM

ATTENTION IE USERS

If you've been using IE in the Click Exchange, all errors and bugs have been fixed. The Click Exchange is now functional for IE.

Please write back here if you encounter any bugs.

Female
148 posts

ugena • 20 August 2014 at 4:31 PM

Hello! I have an idea, that I think could be nice cause of the format of the click exchange. What about having a limit of 20 creatures by page? In this case, we will need need to refresh more times, but we will less need to scroll down. I hope that others can agree with me. 😊

Female
260 posts

stormdragonxi • 20 August 2014 at 6:47 PM

@Ian

I have a problem on IE.

When I click a pet and tell it to refresh when the page is done, it shows me the same links again and I get the error.

Oops! Please take a look at the following:
You have already clicked this link. Please try another below.

Hope that helps!

Female
4,736 posts

twilight_raptor • 20 August 2014 at 8:35 PM

@Ian the xchange is working well on IE now, thank u! There seems to be only one little problem, the creature links stay the same even after i click them all and refresh the page, the creatures dont change or disapear

Female
47 posts

raregem1996 • 20 August 2014 at 9:04 PM

a way to make it better is to make it alot easier to have your creatures posted to be clicked. The exchange points are really begining to be a big PITA cause once you have negative exhange points its really hard to get positive ones for your creatures to show up. Negatve points make it a waste of tie clicking all tose creatures when your not gonna get anywhere from it

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 20 August 2014 at 9:06 PM

@Ian

Sometimes, creatures randomly disappear off the page when I don't even click them. They also occasionally disappear when I click them, yet don't open in another tab.