Egg Cave Click Exchange Bug/Ideas Topic

in Problems & Bugs

Female
738 posts

dafni • 6 March 2015 at 8:54 AM

Hi,
this is the 2nd time I got banned from the exchange cause it says I've used too many IPs but I only log in from my pc this morning and clicked and than again right now, so it's just 2 times. I entered the site with my cellphone too, but haven't clicked at all on the exchange so I don't get why I was banned...
Can some of the moderators give me a clear explenation on how many times someone can click? Cause if you can only use one IP I'm surely out of using it, for my work I go out and come back home more times in a day and ended up changing at least 3 IPs in a day...

Female
67 posts

bavv • 20 March 2015 at 5:32 PM

Pretty good, pretty good so far.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 20 March 2015 at 5:47 PM

@shysatarel
Unfortunately that's not a bug. It's just other users not feeding the creatures when they click onto the links.

Just like how users will feed the ones that are under the Click Only section of the exchange

Female
69 posts

shysatarel • 20 March 2015 at 5:49 PM

@mastergemma yea : (

Female
11 posts

blueblack • 25 March 2015 at 5:03 PM

One problem I am having with it. I can clack all the creatures on a page, then press refresh. But the only thing that changes is the green slide with "clicked" is not over the creatures anymore. They are the same creatures as I had before and when I click them to see if I can click them again it says "you have already clicked this, refresh" but the refresh doesn't work, as described before.

All good other wise, like the idea much easier for those not as in touch with the social media!

*I get a new set of creatures when I log out/in so maybe its the whole "refresh" thing?

@shysatarel <br />
There is nothing to stop them so people just do it anyway - sometimes habit and sometimes people don't understand why you don't want feeds <not to age, etc> [pls not trying to correct just adding]

265 posts

ajinkura • 2 April 2015 at 8:46 AM

Using my mobile phone, I can't get more than one egg into exchange... :c

Female
462 posts

megadash • 13 April 2015 at 7:34 PM

We really need to get more clicks into the exchange. In just three weeks, I've gone from almost 2000 XC to barely 110. I spend several hours clicking in the exchange and have only taken three half days off since it was in Closed Beta. Initially, I tried by only putting one creature in the exchange, but the difference was actually quite insignificant.

Here's an idea: Add a "shop" where we can get 50, 75, 100, 150, or 200 eXchange Credits daily. They would be account bound (added straight to our XC balance) and can only be obtained when you have at least one creature in the exchange. Since we are allowed to use the Click Exchange on side accounts, and they're account-bound, we could claim them on our side accounts as well.

Another idea: Do it like our daily đŸĒ™ when we sign in. For every day that we have at least one creature in the exchange, we get free XC in the order of 25 - 50 - 75 - 100 - 125 - 150 - 175 - 200 (and 200 XC for every subsequent day logged in with a creature in the Exchange).

Since Egg Cave is cracking down on people using several IP addresses to get more XC, I think that it's time that we be able to earn enough to keep a creature in the exchange.

Deleted • 28 April 2015 at 11:17 PM

I'm noticing a recent bug in the click exchange. At first, I thought it was the fact I was able to click these creatures again because I was at my college campus' internet, but just found out moments ago it does the same thing on my home connection.

I click on a few creatures (or more like snap-link them like I've done) and then refresh. Then I find out most of the creatures from before are still there, thus I get the click exchange error that I've already clicked them when I hit on them again.

And no, I am not doing this on a phone.

Female
36 posts

spiderling • 29 April 2015 at 8:24 AM

today the exchange keeps giving me the same links, and even when i'm clicking on ones i know i haven't clicked before, it's telling me i have already clicked this link.
i'm using a computer, with google chrome, and just logged in this morning, so haven't clicked any eggs other than my own before i went to the xc

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 29 April 2015 at 11:20 AM

today, click exchange is giving me links that i already clicked!!

1 or 2 new links for around 30 links!!

and poke the refresh button, it never worked for me, 'm using the refresh like F5 button!!!

1,562 posts

shelby • 29 April 2015 at 11:37 PM

@rashka @kamoodle5 @spiderling

I'm having this problem as well.
There appears to be a bug with it indeed.

@Ian
@OrderedChaos
@mastergemma

Female
36 posts

spiderling • 30 April 2015 at 9:48 PM

i'm still having the problem, so i've kinda given up on xc til it somehow straightens itself out again lol

EDIT:
if i click on one of the links i already have, it brings up the "try one of these below" page, and those ones are actually new links, and then when i hit refresh links it gives me ones i have already done, but again if i click one of those it brings me to a page with new ones. lol guess i have a "back door" to clicking

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 30 April 2015 at 10:17 PM

@kamoodle5
@spiderling
@rashka
@shelby

Thanks you guys for bringing this up. Ian has been notified and we are all looking into it. 😃

Female
36 posts

spiderling • 30 April 2015 at 10:20 PM

@jazzyleia
@ian
thanks so much, i know that it's a lot to keep the site up and running smoothly. you guys all do an amazing job. it's greatly appreciated.

EDIT:
it seems like it may be an IP tracking issue, because it's letting me feed my creatures more than once. and if i feed a creature in the xc then go to the cove they are in, it lets me feed it again.

Female
334 posts

schelke • 2 May 2015 at 6:32 AM

I can't click since yesterday.
It just keep loading and nothing appears..

Deleted • 3 May 2015 at 4:11 AM

Is it okay to use the exchange for side accounts..? Don't want to get in trouble because I didn't check first

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 4 May 2015 at 4:26 PM

@spiderling (Plus anyone else that reads this)

This is actually not a bug or a glitch. This is an occurrence that happens naturally. No IP address is static, meaning they are always susceptible to change. There are many factors that can change your IP address (too many to list but you can always search them online). I have asked Ian and multiple people have sent in tickets and Ian has reassured that this is not something to worry about.

But if it is not letting you see new creatures and you just get the same page of creatures, rest assured we are working on that. 😃

Have a great day you guys!

Female
36 posts

spiderling • 4 May 2015 at 5:41 PM

@jazzyleia

unfortunately, this makes it very hard to use the xc for me. it's not happening just once in awhile, it's every time i click refresh links. i only get the same few creatures, and don't receive credits for the links that are coming up again and again.

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 5 May 2015 at 7:08 AM

@Ian

I'm not seeing the same links twice in the same day.
I see the same links up to 20 times a day!

And I get the "Oops! Please take a look at the following: You have already clicked this link. Please try another below."message 50-90% of the times I visit the exchange.
It's getting extremely annoying and I have a hard time believing this is not a glitch but how it should work now.

It also seems like I'm getting a lot less views/clicks/feeds from the exchange than before. Maybe it's because people are getting tired of the same message popping up over and over again with nothing new to click so they're not using the exchange as much as they used to.

Whatever the reason is; I'm NOT happy about this right now.

FYI: I feed from the same computer and FireFox every day and all day long. I don't use any other device and my IP doesn't change more than once a day at most so don't give me that excuse. 😋

Female
36 posts

spiderling • 5 May 2015 at 10:52 AM

@ian
@silverserpent

i have been tracking my IP as i use the xc, it's not changing each time i hit the refresh links button. which is literally like 30 seconds-1min between refreshes. i truly do not think this is the issue. i'm not getting just duplicate links. i'm ONLY getting the same 30 or so, with perhaps a new one mixed in every 4-5 refreshes.

if this is not a glitch, why was it not happening before? it has just started in the last few weeks, and i haven't changed anything on the browser i'm using, my internet connection etc.

i too am not happy about this, it's making the xc impossible to use, and is therefore actually giving other users an advantage.

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 5 May 2015 at 2:54 PM

@spiderling

Yes, I have the exact same issue here and I only get the stubborn answer about the IP changing from the EC team. It's like they don't want to realize it's a bug just... "because"... *shrug*

I know for a fact my IP _only_ changes when I disconnect my router from my media converter. This is how my Internet provider works. This doesn't change just because the EC team says so or wants it to be so.

Today I was able to feed my cove twice - again - from the same computer, same browser, same feeding session even! Less than 10 minutes apart. It's been happening since the exchange started to misbehave, but according to the EC team it's because my IP "changed" and nothing else. (It doesn't!!)

A tip though: I've found that if you change to one of the tabs that gives you the "Oops! You have already clicked this link" message then you will only see the currently available links, and none of the old, already clicked ones.

So now I visit the exchange > click one of all the links I've already clicked > switch to the tab with the error message (displaying a lot less available links) > click as usual from there. It works if you refresh the tab too.

However, since I'm getting less and less return clicks and feeds from the exchange since it started to act up, I begin to feel like it's getting more and more useless. Especially since the issue is being flat-out ignored by the staff.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 5 May 2015 at 4:28 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATE

All reported Click Exchange issues to date have been fixed. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Non-binary
3,331 posts

carter • 8 May 2015 at 6:44 PM

Is it just me or does it seem like not many people use the exchange? Or at least there aren't many creatures in it? I normally get about 80 or so and then It just tells me I've clicked all the links. Though sometimes if I wait 7 or so more will show up every time, is this just new creatures being added to the exchange?
Also the amount of creatures it shows in the exchange is a bit odd. It'll have 31 in there for the first time or so, then go down in the 20s, getting increasingly smaller until it just shows me 1. Once it gets down to one however it'll show me about 5 different eggs in that one spot, why not just show me all five at once?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I didn't exactly read through all 17 pages ^^;

Female
122 posts

missfadingobsession • 21 May 2015 at 6:16 AM

@megadash @carter

I'm also keen for there to be a way to get more XC.
I visit the exchange several times a day but can only get 30-50 creatures to click on at a time, 100 if I'm really lucky!
Basically my creatures can be in the exchange for like 10 minutes then they're gone again ☚ī¸

Female
599 posts

naked-snakes-box • 21 May 2015 at 7:16 AM

i normally have problems with the click exchange

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 22 May 2015 at 1:05 PM

@carter
The answer to it showing one creature then you refreshing to show more than one is actually pretty simple. This just means that those users are gaining more XC so their creatures are showing now. Before they weren't showing because those users didn't have any XC for their creature links to show. As for the other question about there not being as many users using the click exchange, I can't really answer that. It seems like the same amount to me each day (around 80 or so) but it just depends on the day and if the user has clicked to gain XC or not.

@naked-snakes-box
What kind of problems are you experiencing?

Female
599 posts

naked-snakes-box • 22 May 2015 at 1:07 PM

@jazzyleia
when i click i get a 24 hour ban so i asked ian and he said the problem was fixed but iv had problem in passed recently

thanks for you time

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 22 May 2015 at 1:08 PM

@naked-snakes-box
I will go ahead and look into this for you. Are you using a computer to click or a phone/mobile device? If it is a computer/laptop, please post your browser.

Female
599 posts

naked-snakes-box • 22 May 2015 at 1:09 PM

@jazzyleia

i use a laptop/computer

Female
1,188 posts

gymnastics001 • 24 June 2015 at 2:29 PM

It is working at all times so far and I like the idea

I bumped it... sorry ☚ī¸ I was still new at the time