Creature Suggestion: The Skolf (sky wolf)

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Should The Skolf Be Created? :) <3

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 6 April 2017 at 8:09 PM

#creaturesuggestion #magicalskies

Hello everyone! I found myself doodling in class (again) and I created this winged wolf 😊 This little guy has been flying in my imagination for some time- I decided to draw it during social studies class XD I honestly hope you like its design, and it would mean everything to me if this was made ❀️

http://magicalskyfall.deviantart.com/art/Skolf-673187931

For the description below, that is just my general idea of what the Skolf is like πŸ˜‹

DESCRIPTION
Egg: Despite the looks of this egg, Skolf eggs are actually weightless. If dropped, it will produce a loud hollow ring. The wings, ears, and tail of the Skolf protrude from its smooth shell. The egg shimmers with different shades of blue, and displays a golden pattern that glows brightly during the night. Skolf eggs have the ability to float 10 or more meters off the ground, so it's best to keep the Skolf egg somewhere safe, away from open space.

CREATURE: Skolves are a very playful breed that enjoy attention. They are most commonly seen during storms and howling under the full moon. Their fur can be different shades of blue and purple depending on the angle you are viewing the creature. Skolf fur has the special ability to allow flight when consumed with chocolate, for unknown reasons. This has led to "Skolf hunts" whenever this creature is seen, and causing the population to decrease greatly.

Skolves are never alone- they prefer to travel in packs. When they are not barking at each other, they flash the brightly colored patterns that run down their fur to communicate in a language known as "Skolven".

It is important to remember that while Skolves are very playful and make amazing pets, these creatures are free spirits and born to be wild. To command them and and any attempt to "own" them will make your Skolf turn against you. This has lead to many Arkians injured and many Skolves have passed away during fights for freedom and ownership, thus declining the Skolf population greatly. Ark government and the SAR Center have taken measures to avoid Skolf and Ark citizen conflicts: There are laws that ban Arkians from poor treatments of Skolves, laws that prohibit Skolf hunts, and fundraisers have been hosted all around the Ark to raise money for the Skolf, and The Ark is proud to say that Skolf numbers have increased greatly in the last few years.

[Description tweaked by Dragonnn 😊]

PINGS: (feel free to ping others if possible- I'll run out of room to ping more people XD)
@ifi123
@carnesiel
@mami
@gumiho710
@lightningpaws

❀️

Deleted • 6 April 2017 at 8:20 PM

@skyfall4 it's beautiful ❀️ Cave monthly or CSP πŸ˜‹

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 6 April 2017 at 10:28 PM

@chicachicken
Thank you! ❀️ (I forgot to write in the forum...... again XD)

@ifi123
Does the image/link work now? πŸ˜ƒ

Ping:
@sky

Female
250 posts

ifi123 • 6 April 2017 at 10:31 PM

@skyfall4

Yay! It works now 😸 Nice job on the description! And I love your little Skolf drawing! It looks like the Skolf is made up of a mosaic of various colors ❀️ I hope the little guy gets made! (I need 20 XD)

343 posts

solnyshko • 6 April 2017 at 10:32 PM

@skyfall4
haven't read the description yet, but i've looked at the sketch and aaaaa it reminds me of a chinese dragon for some reason haha, maybe because of the design? it looks good tho i really like it hehe ;u;

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 6 April 2017 at 10:34 PM

@ifi123
Aw... ❀️ TBH, I've never actually written a dress riptide about my own creature before O_O

@carnesiel
XD the designs perhaps? ❀️ Thank yo! πŸ˜ƒ

Deleted • 7 April 2017 at 6:34 AM

@skyfall4 It's fine XD ❀️

Female
65 posts

ellasparkle • 7 April 2017 at 8:01 AM

@skyfall4

ERMAGOSH THAT'S AMAZING TEACH ME HOWWWWW

Lol I suck at drawing animals XD

Female
97 posts

oscoa • 7 April 2017 at 8:02 AM

@skyfall4

Omg!! This is so cute!!! Amazing and beautiful drawing β™₯ You are a great artist β™₯β™₯β™₯

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 7 April 2017 at 10:09 AM

@ellasparkle
❀️ Thank you so much! ❀️ XD I suck at teaching XP but my favorite thing to draw are animals x3

@oscoa
Thank you! ❀️ πŸ˜ƒ

Thank you, this is very appreciated! ❀️

Pings:
@stagfire
@doyoueverwonder
@emeraldstar

738 posts

dragonnn • 7 April 2017 at 10:17 AM

@skyfall4

Awesome name for the creature and its language! The flight-granting abilities of its fur give it another reason to be hunted [inspiring for writing]. Good luck to the Skolf, it's interesting.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 7 April 2017 at 10:19 AM

@dragonnn
Thanks! ❀️ hmm, you're right! I guess I should add that part ;D thank you! ❀️

Pings:
@o_o
@momokie
@ricefishie

Male
660 posts

brad • 7 April 2017 at 1:20 PM

@skyfall4 Love the egg!
If I'm going to be completely honest, I feel the other stages may be a bit too busy. I like everything else about them, just feels like they have too many swirly things on them, in my opinion.
Awesome art though! πŸ˜ƒ

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 7 April 2017 at 2:40 PM

@o_o
πŸ˜‹ I suppose! ^^ perhaps they could take off some of the patterns πŸ˜ƒ Thank you for the input! ❀️

Pings:
@anthesia
@ammolite

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 7 April 2017 at 5:39 PM

@skyfall4

Omg, I'm dying.(figuratively) This is so awesome! Love all the colors although all of them together is a bit odd. Lol XD I love how you swirled all of 'em together beautifully ❀️ Thanks for the ping. Love the description as well, well written c:

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 7 April 2017 at 5:46 PM

@stagfire
Thank you! πŸ˜ƒ ❀️ that was my first time writing a description for my own creature 😸 glad you like it! πŸ˜ƒ
I suppose they are a little odd when they are all together XD

Pings:
@izziebee1017
@wild_wonders

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 7 April 2017 at 5:49 PM

@skyfall4
Any time! Ah, cool! Same 😊
Lol, yea XD

Pings:
@black
@degong
@maineen
@oscoa

Deleted • 7 April 2017 at 9:14 PM

@skyfall4

So amazing! I saw this on your DA, and I thought it must be for a creature suggestion! 😊

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 7 April 2017 at 9:17 PM

@skyfall4

The details on this creature is amazing! If it was from the cave, I'd so hoard them, really! Yes I definitely want it. I do hope it gets made.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 7 April 2017 at 9:30 PM

@doyoueverwonder
XP well, spoiler alert XD Thank you! ❀️

@chloelove
Aww, thank so much! ❀️ Don't worry- I'll hoard them with you XD

Pings:
@wildirishrubyrose
@lailaluckyseal87
@rashka

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 7 April 2017 at 11:44 PM

@skyfall4

WOAH!!! i need one of those❀️❀️❀️❀️

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 7 April 2017 at 11:58 PM

@rashka
TYSM! ❀️❀️❀️

Pings:
@leafstarofskyclan
@eggberts
@popcornflakes

Female
196 posts

gumiho710 • 7 April 2017 at 11:58 PM

@skyfall4

wAA this is so pretty! β™₯β™₯ I really love your writing tbh huhu I hope this gets made! :')) I love the colors you used as well! β™₯

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 8 April 2017 at 12:00 AM

@gumiho710
Aw, thank you! 😸❀️ I really hope so too 😱 this was my first ever description that I've actually made- I'm so glad you like it! πŸ˜ƒ ❀️

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 8 April 2017 at 9:39 AM

Cute! @skyfall4

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 8 April 2017 at 1:40 PM

@lailaluckyseal87
Thank you! ❀️

Pings:
@cloud-n-bolts
@spiritkeeper5
@egglove1

827 posts

nine • 8 April 2017 at 3:49 PM

@skyfall4
Merp. Forgot about the ping. "^^

I love the way you wrote the description though! It's quite detailed and thoughtful, and it deserves to be implemented as well if the creature itself manages to. From the secret language of the Skolves, their fur's interesting magical properties, and the laws created to protect them, there's just so much depth! πŸ˜ƒ

As for the creature design, I think you colored the wings and pelt of the Skolf quite beautifully. 😊 The mane is a little distracting to me for some reason though, probably because there's already so much going on with the creature and the green pigment doesn't seem necessary. Maybe try dark blue/purple to match it with the pelt?

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 8 April 2017 at 8:05 PM

@ricefishie
XD it's fine!

That was my first description I've made, so I'm very glad you like it! πŸ˜ƒ

Thank you for the input! I've gotten a few posts regarding the colors πŸ˜‹ it is up to the artists which colors they will leave on the Skolf if it gets made, I guess 😊 since they are the professionals XD

Pings:
@flowerlynx
@asbe

Female
432 posts

spiritkeeper5 • 8 April 2017 at 8:07 PM

@skyfall4 (thanks for the ping)

so pretty...if they can transfer this in...it would be around the nym cuteness and essense...so mythical...

Agender
136 posts

asbe • 9 April 2017 at 12:52 PM

@skyfall4

Cute little wolfie would come out of it ^^