Hybrid~ Roleplay Topic

in Roleplaying

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 13 August 2017 at 8:22 PM

@neko-sama @icesparkle22

Mia grinned and clapped her hands together.
"I think I may have an idea," she exclaimed and every one turned to look at her and for a moment she felt slightly overwhelmed. She shook her head slightly, thinking of her idea."So, the spaceship has an autopilot feature, correct? That programming tells it how to fly and know the directions. We could disable that and wipe the system so the aliens can only get a big hunk of flying metal," she suggested, flicking her fingers."Instead of a hunk of metal used for battle," she finished and everyone nodded slowly.

Deleted • 13 August 2017 at 8:34 PM

@stagfire

"Good ides, but how do we disable it?" she put her goggles on and turned into a frog. The frog jumped on Mia and smiled. She hopped on her shoulder. It was just easier this way.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 13 August 2017 at 8:36 PM

@neko-sama @stagfire
i like that logic 8)
WARNING: LONG POST LOL
Katrina looked up. The spaceship still hummed above the clearing, spinning in slow circles.
"We can't attack the spaceship directly, if it's built with tracking systems then we'll give away our location," Katrina declared.
Mia nodded in agreement. "We need to get rid of the aliens inside the spacecraft, and then get rid of the spacecraft. We could try to find an autopilot feature that would disable the ship."
Katrina looked back up at the spacecraft. It was nothing like the round flying disks in human stories, the alien spacecraft was shaped like a sphere propped up on a half-cone. (Like a fortune teller sphere). Two antennae crackling with green electricity topped the spacecraft. From top to bottom, it was easily ten feet tall, and half as wide. The spacecraft hummed, and a green laser shot out from between the antennae, incinerating the two trees.
"But how do we get in the spaceship? Also, it might be defended heavily," Chaya pointed out.
"It might be too risky, if the ship crashes," Nira exclaimed. "We could use a hybrid as a pretend bait, which would lure the aliens out. We need a hybrid to pretend they're vulnerable, then the aliens would exit to attack the hybrid. Then, we attack the aliens in return, and send the spacecraft away."
The hybrids thought for a moment. It sounded like a good, if not dangerous plan. However, there was the risk of being outnumbered, or failing in the process.
"We should actually keep the spacecraft, to see how it works for knowledge in the future," Katrina replied.
"Yes, that sounds good," Chaya exclaimed. "Does anybody volunteer to be the 'bait'?"
He looked around the circle for a raised hand. They looked at each other. It was a huge risk, but necessary.
"I'll do it," Katrina replied after a moment of silence.
"Are you sure?" Mia asked in a worried tone. "Be careful!"
"I'm fine," Katrina waved her off, and set out the door. She carefully walked around the clearing, before running towards the center and pretend collapsing onto the grass. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see her friends loading weapons, and braced for an attack. Katrina pretended to be unconscious, and soon there was a chattering of alien voices. She heard tentacles squelching against the glass, and an excited screeching. A tentacle wrapped around Katrina's arm, and she tried not to cringe. Then, the aliens started dragging her back to the spacecraft, which was buzzing louder and louder. The bottom of the spacecraft slid open, and a wide glass tube started descending from the gap.
"Any time now," Katrina thought to herself, as buzzing grew louder and louder. Zzzzing! A glowing blue knife came flying out of nowhere, slicing off the tentacle attached to Katrina's arm. The knife lifted into the air, and zoomed back to another source.
"Zamora's knife," Katrina thought, shaking the slimy tendril off her arm. It flopped to the ground, and disintegrated.
She quickly got up, and ran backwards from the aliens. There were three in total, each armed with a ray gun. They screeched furiously, and sent out simultaneous blasts towards the hybrids, who ducked out of the way quickly, but a laser still managed to hit Nira's arm, slicing it off at the elbow. The aliens screamed in triumph, waving their tentacles, before a sword impaled another alien. Nira's arm had quickly regrown due to her ability, and she ran to retrieve the knife, which was now buried in a pile of ash. There was one last alien now, and it lifted the ray gun, chattering angrily. The ray gun gleamed, and the bulb at the back buzzed ferociously.
"The shiny blaster," Chaya muttered. "Don't let it hit you, no matter what."
As soon as he finished, a laser blasted forwards, barely missing the house. It deflected off of Nira's magical palm tree, which crumbled into ash, and flew into the river. The laser smoked and disappeared, but the due to the magic of the palm tree, it sprung forth good as new and still packed with coconuts. Zamora threw her knife again, cutting off a tentacle, but the one holding the blaster still remained intact. Another blast ripped through the air, barely missing the side of the house. Katrina unleashed a volley of arrows, which managed to pin down and remove another tentacle. A third laser came, but it was too late to dodge. The laser hit Nira, who stumbled against the side of the house and sank to the floor. Jennifer ran to Nira, who's eyes had opened and were glowing solid green. The alien chattered in victory, and raised its blaster tentacle at the exact time Mei's katana sliced it off. The alien crumbled, and the blaster dissolved into a pool of molten metal. Then, they all rushed to Nira's side. She had stood up, and was dragging herself to the pile of ash, her head rolling to the side.
"Nira!" Katrina yelled, grabbing Nira's arm and dragging her back. "Come on!"
Jennifer held out her hand, and muttered a spell. A golden orb rose from her hand in a spiral of golden light. Jennifer's brown eyes flashed, and they turned gold. She then started radiating golden rays, like the sun. Katrina squinted to see clearly, it was too bright. Slowly, Jennifer walked towards Nira, who was hissing angrily at the hybrids, clawing at the ground. Jennifer raised both hands, and the golden orb exploded over Nira, who rose a couple feet in the air and sank back down. The golden glow faded away, and Nira shook her head, standing up groggily. Her eyes were back to normal, and she was no longer hissing.
"You got attacked by the blaster, but Jennifer somehow managed to save you," Aaron explained quickly. Nira turned around, rubbing her eyes. "I did?"
"Yep," Mia replied, wrinkling her nose. "Jennifer healed you though. On another thought, Jennifer, how did you do that?"
Jennifer shrugged. "Rare healing magic in case of emergency. Three minutes later and Nira would have become a full alien, with no chance of going back."
The other hybrids stared at her. "How?"
Mia thought for a while. "In an old legend, it was supposedly foretold that in cases of dire emergency, a hybrid would be able to access an incredibly powered up version of their abilities, which has already been demonstrated to us."
"But how?" Mei asked. "What's been demonstrated?"
Mia looked around at everybody. "Two times. One time, Jennifer was possessed by an alien. Katrina summoned a rare magic fire that can burn away any illness, along with the power of mass destruction and unthinkable results."
The hybrids looked at Katrina, terrified as if she might barbecue them.
"Thankfully, hybrids are immune to it," Mia continued, smiling. "The second time, we saw Jennifer use an extent of healing power, which saved Nira from becoming an alien."
The hybrids looked around, murmuring. It might have been a far-fetched legend before, but it was starting to come true.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 13 August 2017 at 8:45 PM

@icesparkle22 @neko-sama
Lol, they were supposed to disable the ship from the house XD Nvm then, good, long post

Chaya looked at Katrina and Jennifer for a moment, in awe. He chuckled, most of the hybrids had moved further away from Katrina and closer to Jennifer. His neck prickled as if something had been watching him and he scratched his neck. A second later, a fiery hot heat blasted him on his arm and the back of his neck. He crumpled forward, the shock pushing him down as he screamed in agony. And then...silence. His ears ringing, the pain burning, he opened his eyes to see a hybrid man standing by their home, shooting a blaster at the hybrids. His eyes fluttered shut once more.
"At least I won't be an alien, that was just a burning blaster....or something," he thought before drifting off, the pain lulling him.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 13 August 2017 at 8:55 PM

@stagfire @neko-sama
oops! sorry hehe i was thinking, how would they attack it from the house? 😋 i thought it would level up the fairness between aliens and hybrids, as i don't wanna overpower the hybrids too much c:
A blast of red light shot through the open window, striking Chaya. He immediately collapsed, and Jennifer rushed over. A strange hybrid man stood outside, striking the other hybrids down with a ray gun. For a wild moment, Katrina thought that aliens could become human now, but it was obvious that he was a hybrid, since only hybrids and aliens existed.
Another blast tore indoors, hitting Mei square in the back. She stumbled around in a circle, and fell onto a couch. Jennifer was frantically rushing around, casting quick healing spells. The man loaded his gun, and Zamora threw her knife. It sliced half the blaster off, which fell to the floor smoking. The man dropped the useless other half of the blaster, and advanced towards the hybrids. Katrina squinted her eyes down her arrow shaft, and let go of the bowstring. The arrow flew through the air with a whistling sound, and embedded itself in the hybrid's forearm. He yelled in rage, and pulled the arrow out. Zamora's sword flew back to her hand, and together with Mia they threw with extreme accuracy. Mia's two knives hit centimeters above the hybrid's arm, pinning his sleeves to a tree. Zamora's knife shuddered to a halt, threateningly hovering around the hybrid. They rushed outside, closely followed by Chaya who had recently been healed. The hybrids surrounded the strange intruder, who was growling and trying to break free from the tree. He looked around, outnumbered.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 13 August 2017 at 9:02 PM

@icesparkle22
That's okay 😊

Chaya limped over, following them.
"Why do you look so familiar?" he asked, his voice still raspy. The hybrid looked at them all.
"Hello Jennifer," he growled (I think it was Jennifer Neil talked to) and Jennifer froze while the hybrids looked at her. Katrina glanced at Jennifer.
"What do you want with our friend?" she growled and Mia and Katrina stood in front of her.
"You're Neil Armstrong? How are you still alive?" Chaya rasped, narrowing his eyes while a few of the hybrids froze in confusion.

Deleted • 13 August 2017 at 9:22 PM

@stagfire

Kiro drowsily woke up. He shook his head quickly and ran out too see the others. He stopped when he saw a human with the other hybrids. "Am I still dreaming? Somebody pinch me!" he panicked.

Froggie stared at Kiro. "If you really, really, want me too!" She half punched, half pinched him at full power.

"Ouch!" Kiro yelled, "It's still the same. Somebody else pinch me!"

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 13 August 2017 at 9:24 PM

@neko-sama
@icesparkle22

Mia chuckled and pinched Kiro.
"He's not a human, he's a hybrid....for some reason," she whispered and everyone continued to look at Neil.

Deleted • 13 August 2017 at 9:27 PM

@stagfire

Kiro rubbed his extremely red paw. It hurt from those pinches. "Sigh, I said pinch me, not pulverize me!" He turned into a human and licked his hand. "I'm confused." Froggie looked over at Kiro. "Of course, so am I."

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 13 August 2017 at 9:31 PM

@stagfire @neko-sama
neil armstrong 😱
Katrina vaguely remembered the name from a human history long ago. But who exactly was he? And why was he here?
Chaya eyed the man suspiciously. "How come you're still alive?"
The man smirked, and flicked his finger. The knives flew out of the tree, and zoomed straight back into Mia and Zamora's hands.
"I am Neil Armstrong, the first person to set foot on the moon," the man snarled. "I come from a long history overlapping both hybrid and human worlds. I am half of each."
Katrina let that sink in. "You're a hybrid too?" she blurted out.
There was a flash of red light, and a tiger stood where Neil had been a second before. It growled fiercely, before morphing back to a human-like form.
"But the human age was a thousand years ago!" Nira exclaimed. "That doesn't make sense..."
"As I already said," Neil boomed, "I am both part of the human and hybrid worlds. I am an astronaut in the human world, and a tiger in the hybrid world. After humans have ceased to exist, I have returned to the hybrid world permanently."

Deleted • 13 August 2017 at 9:36 PM

@icesparkle22
This is just going in a strange direction.

Kiro stood there, jaw dropped. Then he turned into a cat and did a fake faint. "That's how I feel right now." He sat under Neil. "Sit on me and make it legit. Go on, sit on me." He purred as he waited for some warm Hybrid weight.

Frankie dragged him out. She pulled him by the tail and waved him around. "This is Kiro, a cat Hybrid. He's a weird one."

Kiro, being very insulted, turned back into a human. "You'll pay for that!" He chased Frankie. She turned into a frog and leaped onto him. They transformed back. "Now you happy?" Frankie asked Kiro. "Yep."

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 13 August 2017 at 9:40 PM

@neko-sama

Mia laughed quietly while Neil glared at them.
"Listen, hybrids!" Niel roared and a few of them flinched. "Do not mess with the aliens...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!" he roared. He glared at Jennifer for a moment and she squeaked, hiding behind Mei.

Deleted • 13 August 2017 at 9:44 PM

@stagfire

Kiro yowled. He dug out a hole and hid inside, burying himself as a cat.. "I'm going to get him out before he suficates." Excused Frankie. She ran off, pulling Kiro out by the tail. "That was scary." Kiro said, "Pinch me, I hope I'm actually dreaming." Frankie pinched Kiro. Kiro whimpered and put his paws over his head.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 13 August 2017 at 9:45 PM

@stagfire @neko-sama
it's easier to think about, if you know that bringing another character into this could create a better plot, making the rp less dull c:

Neil growled, and yelled something about not messing with aliens. He glared at Jennifer, who dove behind Mei. Katrina loaded an arrow and shot it at Neil. It barely missed his head, slicing off a layer of hair.
"Listen," Katrina snarled to Neil. "If you're teaming up with the aliens, you're definitely on the wrong road. Stop. Now. Don't come anywhere near my friends, or you'll regret laying a finger on our territory. Leave before we attack," she commanded. It was weird to be saying this to an older hybrid, but she stood her ground, clutching her bow tightly.

Deleted • 13 August 2017 at 9:48 PM

@icesparkle22

"I have a better idea!" said Kiro, "Okay, so he died then was revived and given hybrid powers from aliens!" Froggie slapped her face. She loaded up a water gun. Then she spit in it. Some hybrids cringed. "Poison water," she replied.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 13 August 2017 at 9:51 PM

@icesparkle22 @neko-sama

Neil laughed and Mia drew her dagger, holding it in Neil's direction.
"Say nothing more or tell us why you joined them," she growled and Chaya nodded, coughing.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 13 August 2017 at 9:53 PM

@neko-sama @stagfire
Neil hissed, turning around to face Kiro.
"And what exactly, makes you think that?" he asked, growling in a tiger-like way.
Kiro gulped. "Umm...I don't know?"
Neil turned away. "Ridiculous," he replied. Frankie loaded her water blaster, and spit into it.
"What are you doing?" Chaya asked Frankie.
She tugged on a cord with her teeth, and the water hatch slammed shut. The blaster glowed blue, and hummed angrily.
"Poison water," Frankie announced, holding up the blaster. The other hybrids backed away cautiously from Frankie, who raised the water gun to shoulder level.
"What is she doing?" Mia whispered, raising her dagger.
"I have no idea," Katrina replied. Mia rushed to join Frankie, who's finger was placed on the trigger.
"Tell us why you joined," Mia demanded. "Now."

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 13 August 2017 at 9:59 PM

@icesparkle22 @neko-sama

Neil glanced at them, quickly glancing at Froggie for a moment.
"No, I won't," he said, folding his arms behind him. Froggie pushed down on the water gun. Poison water blasted out of the gun and hit the spot where Niel had just been.
"AGH," Mia yelled, clenching her fists.

Deleted • 13 August 2017 at 10:01 PM

@icesparkle22

Kiro turned into a human. He slashed a tree in half. "Cat fight?" he growled, "I'm the one and only real cat of distruction." He slashed, and a boulder broke in half. "Just try and beat me."

"Go!" Froggie called, "You can do it!" She handed Kiro the poison water gun. "Just in case!" She winked and shot it at a large rock, which melted.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 13 August 2017 at 10:04 PM

@icesparkle22 @neko-sama

Chaya coughed again and looked at Kiro.
"Are you...okay?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 13 August 2017 at 10:07 PM

@neko-sama @stagfire

Katrina watched in surprise as Kiro, in cat form, slashed apart trees and boulders. Frankie loaded her gun again, and with a pop, a jet of poison water flew in a perfect arc around Neil. A glowing blue ring appeared on the grass around him, and expanded to a larger size. Neil attempted to run out of the ring, but the grass sizzled, and he leapt back.
"Tell us now," Mia demanded again, clenching her knife.

Deleted • 13 August 2017 at 10:10 PM

@stagfire

Kiro stared at Chaya. "I think?" He tried out the poison gun. It leaked on his hand, leaving a red area. "This thing is leaking! Froggie, help!" Froggie grabbed the gun. She drank the poison water and touched the red mark. "Ouch!"

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 13 August 2017 at 10:13 PM

@icesparkle22 @neko-sama

Niel smiled, tracing something in the air, before disappearing from sight. Everyone sighed, exasperated. Chaya walked over and picked what Niel had left, it was a knife.
"What's this?" he rasped and Mia walked over and took it out of his hands.
"It's got words on it?" she murmured and Chaya looked around.
"Well, in case he ever comes back, which is doubtful, I guess we should do something and read this," he suggested and Mia nodded.
"It seems to be written in a different language," she mused, tapping it.

Deleted • 13 August 2017 at 10:29 PM

@stagfire

Kiro turned into a cat. He licked his paw. Then, he got poisoning. Froggie sighed. "Healer hybrid, come here whoever does it." She sighed again. Kiro sure wasn't the smartest.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 14 August 2017 at 9:47 AM

@neko-sama @stagfire
The hybrids pondered over the knife, which was etched with strange letters and runes. A giant scratch ran along the hilt of the knife, and it hadn't been sharpened in a very long time.
"It's an old knife," Katrina commented, turning it around.
Mia nodded. "Why would he leave this here? Does he know this language?"
Katrina threw the knife, which sank into a tree. She grabbed the hilt, and pulled it out.
"He said he was working for the aliens..." Mei exclaimed, tapping her chin.
"Wait," Chaya spoke up abruptly. "It's the alien language, a warning for us."
Mia dropped the knife, and the hybrids backed away from it. The knife simply laid in the grass, motionless. It wasn't enchanted, or cursed with any spell.
"Thats it..." Nira exclaimed nervously. "It's a message from the aliens. We need to decode this before they attack."

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 14 August 2017 at 4:24 PM

@neko-sama
@icesparkle22

Chaya rubbed his hair the wrong way.
"We have some decoders at home base. The aliens don't know where the home base it though," he spoke up and Mia looked at him.
"But, Chaya, they ought to have a close eye on us now..." she said, confused and a dark look went over her face.
"But not-" he started and Mia shook her head.
"No," she objected and Chaya looked at her.
"Please?" he asked and Mia growled while the other hybrids looked at them.
"They don't have a close eye on Vortexa, we could send her to home base to tell the decoders about this," he suggested and Zamora laughed.
"You're serious?" she asked, her eyebrows arched.
"Yes," he sighed and she raised them higher.
"Wait...seriously?" she asked and Chaya nodded. Zamora snorted and turned away slightly.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 14 August 2017 at 9:06 PM

@stagfire @neko-sama @wigglytuff
Katrina ran her thumb along the edge of the old knife, which was dulled to a bland shade of gray. The hilt was made out of wood, wrapped with frayed leather.
"We could give the knife to Vortexa," Chaya suggested, shrugging.
Zamora snorted. "You're actually serious?" She raised her eyebrows dubiously.
Chaya nodded. Zamora turned away, twirling the magic sword like a baton. The sword's blue aura expanded, giving off rays of blue light. The hybrids backed up quickly to avoid being hit as Zamora tossed it into the air and caught it by the hilt, continuing to twirl the sword.
"Vortexa might be a hybrid, not an alien, but she's not the type to cooperate," Zamora finally exclaimed. "It will be very, very hard to convince her, if not impossible. If somehow she manages to cooperate, it'll be for her own personal gain."
Katrina and Mia looked at each other.
"We can convince her somehow that helping will benefit her," Katrina suggested.
Zamora put away her sword, but her hands still glowed faintly, like she wanted to zap someone or something.
"Vortexa is a lone wolf," she replied. "And a lone wolf doesn't work in a pack. She's just that way. Vortexa hates aliens and will fight them, and she won't give away any information about other hybrids. But she will refuse to help us in any way if it doesn't benefit herself."

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 14 August 2017 at 9:46 PM

@icesparkle22 @stagfire @neko-sama
Nira set up some traps; sticky, transparent web-like vines and covered it with Froggie's poison. She threw a rock at it, and it disintegrated. She told the others about it so that if they would have to go out, they would let her know and she would move them. She went to the bridge place again, she made some adjustments, and Zamora came over. "So, you told others about the knife yet?" She asked, holding out the magic knife. "Nope, I forgot," and Niras cheeks glowed slightly red. "D-don't worry, I will when I come back. Wait, do you know where Vortexa's base is?" Zamora shook her head. "I'm going to find it and persuade her to help,"

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 14 August 2017 at 9:52 PM

@wigglytuff
Nira had once again established some giant, translucent spiderwebs coated in poison around the clearing. However, the aliens could still attack from air. The hybrids had moved the spacecraft behind the house, and usually spent spare hours tinkering with the mechanisms, and observing how it worked. However, one day Katrina had caught Kiro and Aaron discovering how to activate a giant grabber arm that snatched up Frankie and dunked her in the river as a prank.

Female
12 posts

frostsparkle • 15 August 2017 at 2:59 PM

@wigglytuff @stagfire @neko-sama @wolfkit

Frankie spat some water out of her mouth, and glared at them angrily. She flicked her hand, and they were drenched with scum water on the inside of the spacecraft. The scum vanished off the ship, but not the hybrids.
"Serves you better," she smirked, hopping away.
Katrina walked over to the side of the spacecraft herself. It was extremely big, and hard to relocate. When the aliens had abandoned the craft, it had fallen smack middle of the clearing. Zamora and Chaya had turned the whole clearing to ice, using the water from the river, to slide the spacecraft across a slipperier surface. The metal seemed to always be cold, and the sides were covered in dials. Katrina flicked a random dial, and a side door filled with fixing tools flung open.
"Strange," Mia remarked, picking up a plastic cylinder with a metal rod attached to it (screwdriver). "Why would the aliens use this? Can they even pick it up?"
Zamora glided over, looking at the pile of tools. "I think that's a human tool," she explained. "It was called a drewscriver or doosiver or something along those lines."
Zamora leaned against the side of the spacecraft, and started turning the metal tool in her hand. "It looks useful, maybe we should-"
There was a rumbling noise, and they spun around quickly. Kiro and Aaron had pressed the start button for the spacecraft. It started rising up in the air ten feet at a time, while they were still trapped inside. The bottom of the spacecraft slid open, and a burst of green fire sent the craft zooming upwards hundreds of feet.
Zamora jumped back. "Wow," she exclaimed, smirking. "Smooth move."
Katrina rolled her eyes and groaned. The spacecraft was already about a thousand feet in the air, a faint green glowing dot. Zamora and Mia leapt up, and with a twirl they transformed into birds, soaring upwards vertically. Katrina couldn't fly, but she could possibly teleport to sources of fire. She transformed into a fox, and stared intently at the green fire rushing out the bottom of the spacecraft. There was a rushing sound, and a blast of heat, and Katrina was dangling from the bottom of the spacecraft, holding on by two slipping paws. The heat had made the metal slippery, and she didn't have good grip.
"Help!" Katrina called, but in fox form it was more of a bark.
Her paws scrambled, and she started to free fall. Zamora dove over, plucked Katrina up from midair, and set her on the side of the spacecraft. Mia was already banging on the glass, trying to say something with no prevail. There was a small brown box, which was the hideout, and a little grass circle with tiny dots looking upwards. She immediately felt queasy, and tried not to look.
Finally, Mia managed to mime it out. A glass hatch opened from inside, and Kiro and Aaron crawled out.
"What's going to happen to the ship?" Katrina yelled over the wind. They were still rising upwards.
"I put it in autopilot mode," Kiro shouted. "If we leave it, it'll settle down by itself in the clearing."
"Why couldn't you turn it off?" Katrina yelled.
Kiro stomped his feet. "The lever got jammed!"
With a final burst of speed, the ship broke through a barrier of clouds, and the clearing no longer became visible.
"We need to jump," Zamora exclaimed defiantly. "As soon as possible. Best you jump NOW."
"How?" Aaron shouted. "Easy for you to say, you can fly."
But Mia and Zamora had already become birds, and shot downwards like two arrows. After a second, they had gone under the clouds and were no longer visible.
Katrina gripped the side of the ship, but her fingers were slipping again.
"Just jump!" she screamed, one foot sliding off the platform. "No questions. JUST JUMP!"
Kiro was the first to react. He turned into a black cat, and launched himself off the platform. Katrina's stomach turned violently at the thought, but she concentrated. She became a fox, and leapt off the platform next. She hurtled through the layer of clouds, which was like going through light rain. The ground grew closer and closer, and the wind ruffled her tail. Katrina saw a small fire flickering on the pile of wood, and concentrated on the small flame. There was a burst of heat, and Katrina teleported into the bonfire. The magic had taken a lot of energy, and she was too tired to transform back.
Mia and Zamora had already arrived, and were perched lazily on the palm tree, pecking open coconuts. The other hybrids gathered outside, scrambling around. Suddenly, a huge brown bear landed on its paws, with a thump in the middle of the clearing. Moments later, the spaceship slowly floated downwards, glowing green. Katrina snapped a fish from the river, and chewed it lazily. It had been a very strange afternoon.