Hybrid~ Roleplay Topic

in Roleplaying

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 18 August 2017 at 7:44 PM

@stagfire
Katrina held up a hand, and counted her fingers.
"Jennifer, Mia, Mei, and I," she replied, lowering her hand. "Four hybrids that have discovered powers so far."
Zamora snorted. "All girls! The boys really need to catch up," she exclaimed, smirking.
"Hey!" Kiro exclaimed. "I want my power too! Give me my power next!"
"I used my power for a simple healing. Magical fire is much, much more than that," Katrina exclaimed. "Listen, there's an old story that was passed through the fox clan."
The hybrids leaned in, and Katrina cleared her throat.
"Once, there was a fox hybrid in the human age," Katrina exclaimed. "He lived underground with his clan, but during the day he scavenged for food as a fox, in the human world. One day, in a dark alley, a group of thugs approached him while he was searching for the food. The thugs started kicking the fox, and hitting it with sticks."
"What happened? Did he run away?" Frankie exclaimed.
"No," Katrina replied. "The thugs kept kicking him, until the fox finally was over it. In a flash of light, the fox transformed back into a hybrid, and he unleashed a torrent of magical fire.The thugs were normal humans, ignorant and unaware of their surroundings. There was a burst of fire, and the humans disappeared into thin air. The hybrid was held against no charges, as hybrids were not human, and couldn't be accused in the human court. When he returned to his clan, they weren't angry either. Hybrids and humans have been enemies for ages."
"Bubonic plague," Jennifer spoke up abruptly.
"What?" Chaya exclaimed. "What did you say?"
"The bubonic plague," Jennifer explained. "There was a clan of rodent hybrids, they were mistreated by humans: caught in traps, chased off the land that was rightfully theirs, and every other thing possible. In response, the hybrid clan cursed an entire continent. Humans were extinguished, half of the population."
The hybrids looked around the circle at each other. Compared to humans, they were supreme deities, rulers. But now that humans were gone, who was the leader?

Deleted • 18 August 2017 at 9:22 PM

@icesparkle22
Froggie popped her head out. "In the FrogLands, there was a legend. A frog had been wandering around, when there was a severe drought. All the frogs were dying. A frog suddenly used their magic powers, and made a whole ocean of water and saved all the water hybrids." she yapped on and on about Frog legends.

Kiro popped his head up. "No fair! Only you females get your special powers!" he got frustrated and ran out to smash a tree. Smashing a tree helpe him deal with feelings. He smashed a tall oak tree. That was better.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 18 August 2017 at 10:31 PM

@neko-sama
Katrina sighed.
"Kiro, stop smashing the trees," she instructed. Nira repaired the broken trunks, and gave Kiro an exasperated look. "You'll find your power soon."

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 18 August 2017 at 10:54 PM

@stagfire @icesparkle22 @neko-sama please tell me what's new, I missed sooo much and I'm too lazy to read all of it.

Nira was out on the hunt for food when she spotted something. It wasn't an alien, it was something else; it was... a human. It was an old woman that looked terrified and lost, and then she noticed in the clump of fabric she was holding close against her was a little girl. She collapsed on the ground, just like Nira did before she met wiggly. She jumped out of the tree she was hiding in and rushed to help. She found a broken down house and let them rest by a fire she started.

The girl will up first. She shrieked out in terror as she saw Nira, but she told her that she was friendly. "H-hi, I'm, er- uh, I forgot... no, no, it was Flora. Are you a hybrid?" She asked, and Nira nodded. "Are you?" "Umm, kinda," she pulled back the beanie she was wearing to reveal that her white pixie-cut hair was actually made out of feathers. Then she stood up, and wings spread from her back. She put her hands together , then a ball of energy formed. "Cool!" Nira said. "What else can you do?" "Lots," Flora said proudly. Glowing specks of magic rose from her hand, and she sent them toward a stool, and as she raised her hand, the stool lifted up too. "How old are you?" "12. What's your name?" "Nira." "What can you do?" Nira raised her hand, and a flower grew through one of the cracks in the ground. She picked it and face it to flora. "Thanks!" "No problem. If you ever need be, just completely tear it up. I'll sense it and I'll come to help right away," "But it's so pretty!" Flora said. "Your life is more important than s flower. And don't forget, I can always make more,"

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 19 August 2017 at 8:56 AM

@wigglytuff @stagfire @neko-sama

@wigglytuff
Okay, here's what's happening, so each hybrid discovers that they have an incredibly rare and powerful secret power, and it happens very rarely at different times. For example, Katrina uses ghost fire to heal Jennifer, who was possessed, Jennifer uses an intensified version of healing power, Mia turns an enemy to stone and blows it up, and Mei can summon ghosts.
"Hey, do you know where Nira's gone?" Katrina asked, looking around. Nira wasn't in the small group.
"I don't know," Chaya replied. "She might have wandered off or something...?"
A second later, Nira burst through the woods. Her eyes were widened.
"There's a stray hybrid in the woods," she exclaimed, breathless.
"A stray hybrid?" Katrina asked. "How?"
They rushed through the woods, until they saw the girl. She had black hair, threaded with grass and was wearing a black sports jacket and camouflage shorts. Her knee-length brown boots were splattered with mud and worn out at the soles. The girl couldn't have been older than 13. Jennifer extended a hand to help her up, and huge, glossy wings unfolded behind her.
The girl looked around, beaming. "So, who are you guys?"

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 19 August 2017 at 8:57 AM

@icesparkle22 the others aren't supposed to know, Nira wants to keep it secret.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 19 August 2017 at 9:05 AM

@wigglytuff
why though? cmonnnn ☹️ you don't post very often, so Flora's character won't be mentioned at all if it's a secret ☹️
Katrina opened the door, and sat down on a tree stump. In an attempt to make the seats more comfortable, she had woven mats for the hard, wooden furniture.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 19 August 2017 at 9:10 AM

@icesparkle22 they'll find out later, but nrn.
@neko-sama @stagfire
Nira hurried back, she decided to keep Flora a secret. The old woman was still asleep, so Nira brought some food for them. "What took you so long? And why don't you have any food with you?" Katrina said, annoyed. "Umm-" Nira quickly made a berry stalk grow behind her and secretly picked one."No, I got some berries. They're really good, ripe, and-" Nira took a bite. "-and poisonous." She laughed nervously.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 19 August 2017 at 11:29 AM

@wigglytuff
it's messing up the storyline though...we can't have two seperate themes going on. can we just decide that everybody knows that Flora exists? because i don't want to edit my post ☹️
Katrina filled up a basket with water from the river, and watered the hanging plants. She plucked an acorn from another basket, and handed it to Jennifer.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 19 August 2017 at 2:47 PM

@icesparkle22
@wigglytuff
@neko-sama

Mia patted Kiro on the back.
"Woman are better. We're the Queens!" she chuckled, ruffling his hair. She trotted back over to Chaya and leaned against him. His shoulder froze and Mia smiled at him, sitting up slightly. She looked around, making sure no one was listening, for Chaya's sake. "I know you like me, Chaya," she whispered and he turned to look at her, his cheeks slightly red.
"Are you-how-what?" he asked, spluttering. Mia softly punched him.
"And I'm okay with it," she said softly, walking closer to the fire. "I feel like we have to have something to do," she sighed, addressing everyone.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 20 August 2017 at 12:25 PM

@wigglytuff @neko-sama @stagfire
That afternoon was a sunny, sweltering day. Kiro continued trying to break numerous objects to 'discover' his power, and Katrina had to practically drag him away from the tapestries. In Kiro's opinion, the tapestries were the equivalent to a nice scratching post. The hybrids plopped down next to the river with some fruit, and dipped their feet into the cool water.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 20 August 2017 at 4:03 PM

@icesparkle22

Mia looked at Kiro as Katrina dashed off to restrain him. She took her cold feet out of the water and shook them out before trotting over to Kiro.
"It has to come out naturally, Kiro. I have a feeling we're going to have to find you something to destroy," she remarked, waving her pointer finger at him. "It would be serious impeccable timing if aliens came in about now," she muttered, sighing as she pattered her feet against the muddy grass.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 20 August 2017 at 10:59 PM

@stagfire
I have an idea for Kiro's secret power, it could be an earthquake c:
Just as Mia finished, a high-pitched chattering came from the woods, and an alien slid into the clearing. Katrina rolled her eyes, and Mia grumbled.
"Great, we just got jinxed by me," Mia exclaimed, smirking. "Kiro, it's all yours."
Kiro was determined to find his special power, so the hybrids milled behind him, ready to join in if anything serious happened. Kiro threw logs and boulders at the alien, who simply ducked to the side.
"Kiro, do you even know what you're doing?" Frankie called out.
"Yes!" Kiro replied. "I need to find my power!"
Katrina snorted, and stepped to the side as a laser sliced through the air next to her. Kiro continued hurling boulders, until one finally pinned the alien down. Kiro threw another rock, and the alien exploded. He stomped his foot, and grumbled.
"No fair, i'll never find my power!" he wailed, kicking the ashes.
"You will soon," Nira offered helpfully. "Give it some time."

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 21 August 2017 at 3:54 PM

@icesparkle22 (Lol, but wasn't Mia's rock powers already? Did you get to see the solar eclipse?)

Kiro's eyes fluttered for a moment before he started to tear up. Tears cascaded down his cheeks and they all groaned quietly before Chaya gingerly patted his back.
"It's, uh, okay, there, there....child?" he half-asked and Mia covered her mouth, giggling.
"It's okay, Kiro. Often the longer you wait for something, the better it'll be," she smiled and bent down to look at his tear-streaked face.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 21 August 2017 at 4:03 PM

@stagfire
nope, we only got 58% coverage, which was basically no difference ☹️ hmm, earthquake doesn't neccesarily have to be rock power, it could be like destruction power...xD

"It's not fair!" Kiro whined. "Why can't I get my power now?"
Chaya patted him on the back. "One day, you will," he replied. "Maybe tomorrow, you will!"
Kiro brightened up. "Really? Yay!" He leapt up, and ran around the clearing. Katrina slapped her forehead, and rolled her eyes. Mia smiled, tugging on Katrina's arm.
"Great," Katrina exclaimed. "Now, we need to find an alien army for Kiro to take down by tomorrow."
Mia giggled. "Hopefully, we do so."

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 21 August 2017 at 4:09 PM

@icesparkle22
Ah, I got 99.2% coverage, it was AWESOME. (Lol, maybe he could create minor natural disasters)

Mia looked at Kiro, worried. She wondered for a moment if she should send someone to watch him so he didn't do anything stupid. She sighed, shrugging her shoulders backward. She walked closer to Katrina, who was looking around.
"Hey, Katrina," she called and Katrina jumped, whipping her head around.
"Yes?" she asked, hesitant.
"Do you think we should send someone to watch over him?" she whispered.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 21 August 2017 at 4:29 PM

@stagfire
xD lucky! there was no change here...just like if a cloud covered the sun lol

Katrina thought for a moment. They really didn't need Kiro to destroy more trees.
"Sure," she called back. "Send Nira?"
Nira agreed to watch, as she was replanting the trees and needed to stay outside anyways. The hybrids headed back inside to enjoy some lunch.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 21 August 2017 at 8:58 PM

@icesparkle22
Aw, man. That's no good.

Mia took some of the extra greens from Jennifer's lunch and set them by her chicken.
"Yum," she murmured, rubbing her palms together (Now I'm hungry). She looked out in the distance, wondering what Kiro could be doing. A loud, BANG, answered her and she winced, swallowing her half-chewed food.

Deleted • 21 August 2017 at 9:02 PM

@stagfire
I'm bummed out. Clouds were covering all view of the Eclipse.

Frankie peeked out the window. She sighed. Kiro was out destroying more things. She groaned and went back to her meal, only to glare again when another BOOM happened. She screamed at Kiro and tried eating in peace. He was getting annoying.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 21 August 2017 at 9:47 PM

@neko-sama
Man, occasionally clouds covered my view, but I still got it really full.

Chaya sighed, dragging his palm down his face, groaning. He noticed Nira was gone, Mia must have sent her after Kiro. Chaya looked in the distance as he sank his teeth in his chicken.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 24 August 2017 at 12:35 PM

@stagfire @wigglytuff
whoops, haven't posted in a while xD
Half an hour later, Kiro came back. Leaves, and countless splinters were stuck in his hair and clothing.
"I didn't find my power," he announced sullenly.
Katrina hid back a grin. "That's okay, one day you will," she replied, brushing the fallen leaves away. "Power isn't something you want at this moment."
After she spoke the last word, aliens burst through the woods. Katrina's eyes widened, but the other hybrids stayed inside. There were about a hundred aliens in total, each wielding a blaster. A second later, a mechanism rolled out behind the aliens. It was like one of the tanks from the human age, a giant metal vehicle fixed with a huge blaster.
"Maybe I can find my power!" Kiro exclaimed hopefully, running outside the door.
"Wait!" Mia called, but Kiro was already outside, taking on the aliens.
The other hybrids rushed outside, and joined in. The huge tank was still being fired up, for one extremely powered shot. They needed to inactivate it, or direct it somewhere where it wouldn't damage anything but the aliens.
Katrina impaled two aliens who crumbled into ash, and ran to join Mia and Chaya.
"What is Kiro doing?" she asked, sighing. Kiro was hanging from the gun of the tank, swinging back and forth like a monkey and kicking aliens away with his feet.
"Kiro! Get down!" Frankie yelled. She had magically enchanted the river to grab and drown any aliens who came in a close range.
Kiro dropped off the tank, and started fighting normally. Aaron and Chaya ran to join him, destroying the aliens one by one and holding them back with glass shields. All of a sudden, there was a cold, slimy feeling around Katrina's foot. She saw an alien tentacle latched around her shoe, trying to drag her to the alien ranks.
"Get back!" Katrina screamed, slamming the alien away with her bow. She shook the slime off her shoe, and ran to help the others.
Suddenly, there was a large rumbling sound. The tank gun glowed red, and the glass bulb at the back crackled with power. There was a red glow creeping up the gun, aiming for right where Kiro stood.
Katrina tried to run forward, but there was a forcefield holding them back. The hybrids pressed their hands against it, as if looking through a window.
Kiro backed up, but was kept in by the forcefield. The tank rumbled, and with a deafening blast, a huge laser shot out, and blasted Kiro into the ground. The forcefield disappeared, and all the hybrids screamed and ran forward. There was a deep crater in the floor, surrounded by red smoke and black cracks. Kiro was nowhere to be seen inside.
"Kiro!" Mei yelled. "Are you in there?!"
There was no answer, and the hybrids stared in shock. Chaya started to climb down, using the jagged sides as a grip. As soon as he got down halfway, Chaya was thrown out with a great force. The ground started to rumble,shaking violently. Leaves and branches fell off trees, and the hybrids fell over with the force. Trying to stand, they rushed to the nearest tree, clinging onto the bark. There was a huge roar, and cracks began to shoot out of the crater. The ground split apart, forming a chasm hundred of feet deep. The aliens, and the tank were swallowed by the canyon, which glowed golden. The ground continued to shake uncontrollably, making the hybrid's feet slip against the grass. With one last tremendous vibration, Kiro was thrown out of the crater, covered in soot but alive. Once his feet touched ground, the ground resealed itself, and the shaking ceased.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 24 August 2017 at 12:47 PM

@icesparkle22 @wigglytuff - Haha, yep

Mia held herself still, she was the only one standing after the minor earthquake.
"Well, I must say, Kiro, good job, you're powers almost like mine," she chuckled, looking at everyone."I think I have better balance than I remembered," she noticed, grinning. Kiro looked exuberantly pleased with himself.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 24 August 2017 at 12:55 PM

@icesparkle22 my OCD is kicking in... don't ya mean deactivate? Not inactivate? Idk.
@stagfire @neko-sama
Nira was supposed to be on watch, but she left anyways. She sprinted through the forest, going to check on Flora and the old woman, who was a human and names was Tabitha. She was kind and made delicious food. When she arrived at the old house and peeked inside, they were gone.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 24 August 2017 at 1:04 PM

@wigglytuff I'm not going to go look, but it depends on the sentence. *I looked* Ya, it's deactivate XD
@icesparkle22

Mia looked around, wondering where Nira had gone. She shrugged, frowning to herself slightly. A slight tremor echoed through the ground again and Mia looked at Kiro.
"It wasn't me!" he cried, holding his hands up.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 24 August 2017 at 1:12 PM

@stagfire @wigglytuff
in·ac·ti·vate
inˈaktəˌvāt/Submit
verb
make inactive or inoperative.
"household bleach does not inactivate the virus"
deactivate means to stop it from the outside, inactivate means from the inside xD either one works, i guess xD
Kiro looked jubilant at the discovery of his power. Days of begging, breaking trees, and pestering the others had paid off. He danced around the clearing, singing.
"I found my power, I found my power!"
Katrina smirked a little, but she had to admit that the earthquake was impressive, but dangerous. One wrong turn, and it could hit the hybrids instead!

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 24 August 2017 at 1:20 PM

@icesparkle22 *Shrug* It's whatever XD

Mia clapped her hand to her forehead.
"Oh, Kiro," she sighed, exasperated. Chaya jumped as a pine tree showered needles all over him."KIRO!" he yelled, stamping his foot. Kiro stopped.
"It wasn't me!" he said again, frowning.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 24 August 2017 at 1:39 PM

@stagfire
xD yeah, *runs from grammar police
"Kiro, you need to control it," Katrina instructed strictly. "No more!"
Kiro pouted. "That was fun! I wanna attack the aliens again," he exclaimed, as a tree shook behind Katrina. A pinecone bounced off her head, and she rolled her eyes.
"We're eating outside today," Mia spoke up. Katrina helped her set up the fire, and the other hybrids caught fish. Chaya, Aaron, and Kiro ran off to find some eggs and wild berries.
"How come we're eating outside?" Zamora inquired, climbing up to the tree platform. Katrina didn't like the roof, it was too small and she had to duck to get in. They had removed the roof, and used to wood to expand the platform. It was now ten feet wide on each side, and with the help of Nira, the tree had expanded to fit the platform in. A basket attached to a rope was coiled up on the edge of the platform, and the baskets of berries, plants, and herbs were relatively unscathed after the earthquake.
"We don't want Kiro destroying the house, he hasn't managed to control himself yet," Katrina explained.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 24 August 2017 at 1:51 PM

@icesparkle22 @stagfire @neko-sama
Nira slowed down her panting and stood up straight, lifting up covers and checking in cabinets. Why didn't Flora destroy the flower? Nira thought. The fireplace was dark, nothing except a small piece of charcoal and ashes. When she checked under the sheets on one of the beds, the answer struck her. There, on the torn up mattres, was a blue and purple plant with 5 petals: the flower Flora had received.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 24 August 2017 at 1:58 PM

@icesparkle22 I am a grammar police irl A LOT XD

Mia nodded, whistling. A Finch landed on her shoulder, chirping. She handed it some crackers and it chirped happily.
"Yeah, the house is pretty nice," she said pointedly.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 24 August 2017 at 2:12 PM

@stagfire @wigglytuff
xD same here!
Soon, the boys returned from their egg hunting trip. They had brought a dozen eggs and a basket of berries.
"We found so much food!" Kiro exclaimed. "Look!"
He grabbed a berry, and popped it into his mouth. Suddenly, Katrina saw. The berries were incredibly similar to blueberries, but they had a red spot on top.
"No! Don't eat it!" Katrina screamed to Kiro. He had almost swallowed it. Kiro coughed and spluttered, and the berry came out.
"That berry was poisonous?" Mia asked Katrina. She nodded. "Yes. Dump all of them out."
Mia thought for a while, and snapped her fingers. "The aliens. We could fill the spare ray guns with poisonous berry juice, and it would work perfectly!"