Hybrid~ Roleplay Topic

in Roleplaying

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 6 August 2017 at 2:27 PM

@wolfkit

Mia sighed to herself and leaped up the trees and picked up the shivering squirrel.
"Like I said, I won't hurt you," she whispered quietly, setting the squirrel down."But there are some alien hybrids that were just made who will. They'll target you and turn you into their own. But if you join the rebellion," she paused, lifting her hands."We'll defeat the aliens and protect each other from them so we're not all alone and vulnerable. So, what do you say?" she asked softly, smiling.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 6 August 2017 at 3:06 PM

@stagfire @icesparkle22 @wolfkit
"Ok. So we start here, this is the entrance of the forest, and that's the bridge," Nira said, going over her plan. "We set up traps for them here, here and here. The only vulnerable spot for them to enter is here, and that's where some of us will hide. We'll wait for them to take us to their lab or wherever they experiment on us and turn us into alien thingies. And there, we'll free them and take whatever they need to turn us into them," "So, that's me?" Zamora said, pointing to a pawn on the board. "Yep. Ok, Mia that's you, and Kiro, that's you. We're gonna need you to be one of the people who get onto their ship. We'll give them a day to save the hybrids on their ship, and they can contact us when they're done. That's when Zamora and hopefully that fox girl, if Vortexa's with us, will help the hybrids get off the ship safely. If anything else happens, then Vortexa and whoever else is with her will come in," She said. "Wiggly?" Wiggly said, wanting to be in the plan. "You will stand guard, Wiggly. When the ship comes, you tell us, ok?" "Wiggly tuff tuff," She said confidently. "So who wants to be the people to be 'kidnapped'?" Nira asked. "Me, I guess," Kiro said. "Chaya?" he shook his head. "How about you?" Nira pointed to a young girl who just joined the rebellion. She shrugged. "Ok, so we have Kiro, me and, uh, what's your name?" "Nora," the young girl replied. "Anyone else?" The boy who was an octopus hybrid raised his hand. "Perfect, we'll need you if there's any tight gaps, you can escape through there. How about... you? No? You?" She gestured to a girl at around the age of 20, who nodded. "Ok, so that's five people, I think we're good. Now cross your fingers and hope this plan works,"

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 6 August 2017 at 3:12 PM

@wigglytuff
@wolfkit
@icesparkle22

Mia looked at Nira.
"Good plan. Could I be captured as well or no?" she asked, rubbing her hilt. She looked at her knife, the plan could work perfectly or be terrible, who would know."Sorry, I just want to be in there so I feel like I know what I'm doing, ya know?" she asked, looking at Nira. Chaya was pacing already, concerned.
"This is the biggest thing we've done so far, I wonder how it'll go," he mused and Mia noticed he had his fingers crossed.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 6 August 2017 at 4:05 PM

@stagfire
"Sure,'why not, more the better. Wiggly, how's it going, anything so far?" Nira said "Tuff" she said( tuff means no and wiggly means yes) "I'm going to gather a few more hybrids, just in case. Who wants to come?" Mia volunteered. They came back with 3 more hybrids. "3 more hybrids." Mia said. "So far, the plan is already set up and going smooth. Now all we have to do is convince Vortexa,"

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 6 August 2017 at 4:07 PM

@wigglytuff

Mia clapped her hands together, nervous.
"What if they suspect we have too many of us going in?" she asked, rattling on about everything that could go wrong. "What if Vortexa doesn't agree?" she asked, clutching her head."Agggghhh," she whined and Nira laughed.
"I'm sure it will be fine," she reassured Mia.

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 6 August 2017 at 4:10 PM

Jennifer nodded, as she slowly got down from the tree, suddenly feeling embarrassed at her behavior, "I have to warn you I might not be much help, I can heal, but I can't fight" She said as Mia led her to where everyone else is "hi" she said meekly waving her hand just a little. She could tell that they weren't paying any attention to her, and it looked like they were coming up with a plan, could I just stay here?" she asked when they were finished talking "I can't really fight" she added. "I could heal anyone that was hurt in the battle" she offered not really wanting to speak anymore. People just nodded as they continued to the game plan, she sat down at the base of a tree, she didn't think she would fit in at all.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 6 August 2017 at 4:15 PM

@wolfkit
@wigglytuff

Mia nodded, clasping Jennifer's hands in hers.
"You can hide in the back and go up front if someone gets injured." she smiled, unclasping her hands. She looked up at Nira, waiting for the next direction, she knew Chaya was slightly irritated because he usually bossed everyone around and she smiled despite the situation.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 6 August 2017 at 5:15 PM

@stagfire @wolfkit @wigglytuff

The fox and lion mutants were strange. Hybrids were either fully humans that could turn into animals, or rarely a human and animal cross, like the werewolf girl. The other squirrel girl had claimed that she had no use in battle, but she could heal. She twirled an arrow like a baton, leaning against a tree.
"Who cares if they're weird?" Katrina thought. "We have two, no three new hybrids to help. There's two cross-hybrids, like the werewolf, and a hybrid that can heal. Nira had come up with a plan: to let the aliens take them to the experimenting lab, and free the captive hybrids. It was a dangerous, but only solution.
After a few instructions, the plan was set into work. The hybrids pretended to be unconscious or weak, making them an easy target for the aliens. Soon enough, two aliens quickly discovered the jackpot. They chattered in excited voices, rushing to alert more aliens of the good news. Katrina peeked through her eye a little, staying still.
"Psst, you okay?" she whispered to Jennifer, who was shivering in a pile of leaves, wearing a look of fake terror on her face.
Jennifer gave a small nod, and widened her eyes, the aliens had returned with a larger group. Jibbering to each other, they threw metal nets over the hybrids and dragged them into a humming spacecraft. Katrina got out her bow and pretended to try to slice at the net.
"No!!! Help!!" she yelled in mock fear, shivering. "I'm scared!"
The aliens chattered excitedly, and the spacecraft buzzed and lifted into the air. The metal nets slid and crashed through the trunk of the spacecraft, and soon they were at a strange location: an iron building with a long antenna buzzing with red electricity. Once they had landed, the aliens dragged the nets into a cold room, retrieved the nets, and slammed the door. As soon as the aliens were gone, the hybrids got up and scanned the room. With a flick of her hand, Zamora froze the door shut. There were tall glass cylinders filled with a green gas in the room, and inside each cylinder was a different hybrid, pounding against the glass and yelling for help. Katrina counted six hybrids in total.
"Are you okay?" Chaya yelled over the buzzing of machines in the background. The hybrids pounded on the glass harder.
"I don't think they can hear you, and we can't hear them," Mia replied. She rushed to the control panel, a metal plate loaded with knobs, dials and buttons. After a few seconds, Mia slammed her hand down on a lever, and the green gas faded. Now they could hear the hybrids, who were yelling in confusion and pressing their faces against the glass. Kiro pushed a few more buttons, until he finally hit the right one that made the glass retract into the platforms. The hybrids rushed forward. They had obviously been here not a very long time, because one girl was still holding a ripe bunch of grapes.
"Who are you? Have you come to rescue us?" a boy asked.
"Yes," Mia replied. "The aliens plan to use you for experimenting. No longer. We're a rebellion against the aliens, and we plan to make them stop. Will you all join?"
The captive hybrids cheered, and grabbed their weapons. Most of them had swords, spears, and bows. One girl was holding a katana. Just as they were ready, door rattled. Katrina melted the ice, and the aliens rushed inwards, chattering angrily. The girl with the katana ran forwards and sliced all the tentacles off of one alien, who crumbled into dust. She pulled the sword out of the ash, and did a set of complicated gymnastics, flipping over the alien's heads and slicing up another. Katrina shot two flaming arrows at two aliens, who screeched and exploded. Mia and Zamora were fighting another small group of aliens, and the other hybrids surrounded a big group of aliens. Lasers randomly fired through the group, and a bear suddenly appeared, growling and snapping up an alien whole.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 6 August 2017 at 6:34 PM

@icesparkle22
@wolfkit
@wigglytuff

They all raced through the halls of the spaceship, their feet pounding on the floors. Over the noise, Mia yelled.
"Where are Nira and Nora?" she yelled and Chaya growled to himself, knowing they had attacked too early, they hadn't waited long enough. Katrina froze and dashed over to them, her face horrified.
"We're missing some?" she asked, aghast and Mia nodded.
"You and I go find them? And Chaya, you lead the rest of us out?" she asked and Chaya nodded, dashing away.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 6 August 2017 at 6:59 PM

@stagfire @neko-sama @wigglytuff
the other hybrids won't have a user narrating them, just give them dialogue if you want to include them.

Katrina and Mia's feet thumped across the slippery metal hallways, sliding and turning until they reached the door. Katrina jabbed an arrow tip in the lock, and it easily clicked open.
"How did you do that?" Mia asked, surprised.
"It's a magic arrow that unlocks any door. I can't use it to shoot or lose it," Katrina explained. The door swung open, and they rushed in.
There were vines strewn about the floor, and unconscious aliens wrapped in sticky bundles. The girl with the katana was desperately trying to slice through a vine that had wrapped around Nira's foot by accident. Strangely, there were no attacking aliens in sight. The girl had finally cut Nira's leg free, and she shook the vine off.
"They tried to trap us," Nira explained. "We fought them off, but there's probably more. Zamora and Aaron are disabling the spacecraft downstairs, so they can't follow us."
Mei, the other hybrid, gave a small wave. "Hi."
Katrina smiled and turned to the vibrating command panel for the room. "Why can't you escape?"
Mei frowned. "A system of lasers in the hallway was enabled after the others escaped, so we technically can get out, but we'll be fried."
Katrina rushed to the panel. There were hundreds of switches, knobs, buttons, levers, and more, each designed for a specific purpose. She pushed a random button, and the lights simply went out. Katrina pushed the button again, and the lights came back on. There were too many!
"You might have to disable the whole system," Mia exclaimed. "Here, let me try."
She walked to the panel, and crawled underneath. "Lend me the arrow for a sec?"
Katrina handed her the arrow, and there was a small clicking sound. A small hatch opened on the side of the console, filled with jumbled wires and plugs. Mia slid out from underneath, and sliced the wires out with a knife. Instantly, the lights went out, and there was a loud whooshing noise from the hallway just as Zamora and Aaron crawled through a small hatch in the floor. They were covered in soot and obviously tired, but they looked happy.
"All the spacecraft are disabled," Aaron exclaimed proudly.
"Great!" Nira replied. "The lasers are disabled, so we can escape now. But the door's locked..." she faltered, staring up at the massive metal door. It was twenty feet tall, with a flashing red button at the very top. "How do we inactivate the button without breaking the system?"
There was a moment of silence, then Mei spoke up. "I can try."
She dropped her katana on the floor, and ran to the door, grabbing a small ridge on the metal. With the agility of a cheetah, Mei used the ridges to scale the door, until she was at the top. Carefully, she pressed the button, and with a loud rumbling, the door slid open. Mei let go, and flipped off the top to land perfectly on the ground.
"Come on, let's go," Zamora whispered, sliding out the door. The other hybrids cautiously followed, and when the last one had left, the door slammed shut. Because the console had been disabled, the hallway was dark and eerily silent.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 6 August 2017 at 7:15 PM

@stagfire @icesparkle22
Nira, followed by Nora, raced through the spaceship. Suddenly, they saw aliens looking for the missing hybrids. "Nora?" Nira said in a whisper. "Yeah?" "What hybrid are you?" "I'm a nightingale," she replied. "Then fly up and perch there," Nira pointed to a pipe on the roof. Nora did as she was told, and Nira hid under a table and covered herself up with plants that could change color and camoflouged. The aliens passed by them, but where were the others?

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 6 August 2017 at 7:46 PM

@wigglytuff @stagfire

The sound of tentacles sliding over metal reached the hybrid's ears. Nira whispered something, and Nora morphed into a nightingale and flew to a pipe on the roof, keeping completely still. Nira herself melted into disguise under a metal table, camouflaged with the floor.
"Is anybody here a hybrid that becomes a flying animal?" Katrina asked in a hushed voice.
"Me," Mei replied in a whisper. "I can become a crow."
She jumped up, and turned into a pitch-black bird that joined Nora up on the pipe, staying completely still. The chattering became louder, and a clang echoed from across the hall. Aaron's form shimmered, and disappeared.
"I can become invisible, that's a pro to having a bear as a hybrid," he explained. "Bears are huge. Not good for hiding."
A door on the right swung open, right after Katrina, Zamora, and Mia bolted around and hid behind a buzzing metal box. A greenish light flooded the hallway, and two aliens slithered out, holding blasters. They obviously didn't notice the hybrids hiding in the hallway, because Mei morphed back into a human, squatting on top of the pipe and holding on with one hand. She jumped down, and sliced one alien to pieces with her katana. The second alien shrieked angrily, and pulled out a ray blaster. Zamora reacted just fast enough to conjure an ice shield in front of Mei, and the red beam deflected off. It raced across the room in a dangerous streak, and hit the exact center door they had escaped from. The door glowed red and crumbled, sending a streak of red across the other doors. Each time the red glow came to a door, it caved inwards, sealing the exit. The lights went out again, and the red glow spread to the floor.
"Run!" Aaron screamed, turning visible again. He turned into a bear, and swiped at the low ceiling. The concrete material broke, raining chunks down on them. The red glow had enveloped the room, pulsing slightly. The hybrids took no rush. They ran towards the hole in the ceiling, chased by the red glow.
BOOM..
The explosion ripped through the hallway, bringing down giant slabs of rock and setting everything on fire. Mei and Nora grabbed the other hybrids, and flew towards the spacecraft hovering in the air. Chaya frantically waved them over, and they quickly settled in the seats. Below the spacecraft, thousands of aliens swarmed out of the base as half of it exploded in a red light.
"They escaped," Mia grumbled. "And they'll be back for revenge."

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 6 August 2017 at 8:02 PM

@icesparkle22 @stagfire
Quick, destroy as many as you can," Zamora said. Katrina sent a shower of flaming arrows, and Zamora threw her knives. Nira created a barrier of vines around the aliens, although some escaped, and they were blasting their way out. "Hit them when their immobile!" Nira said, making the wall tighter, sealing any holes and making the aliens squished (<--haha couldn't think of any synonyms) . Zamora created spikes of ice out of the ground, and Kiro, as human, made the ice explode, turning many aliens to dust. "Let's keep going, we'll get the rest later," Zamora said.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 6 August 2017 at 8:19 PM

@wigglytuff @icesparkle22

Mia followed the group and she slowly started to realize that she was trailing behind them. She looked down and saw a stone slab stuck in her thigh. She yelped in surprise as blood started to trickle out from it. She looked up but everyone was gone. The padding of their feet and occasional screams were gone. Mia rubbed her head as she felt and heard doors closing and the squishing of the octopus alien legs. Suddenly, she felt her legs give way and she crumpled to the floor and she felt a prick on the back of her neck. Suddenly sleepy, she touched it, feeling a dart before she closed her eyes, seeing the aliens above her.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 6 August 2017 at 8:40 PM

@stagfire

It hadn't been long before Katrina realized Mia was gone.
"Mia?" she called anxiously.
The woods were silent. Katrina feared the worst, and ran for it.
"Jennifer, Mei, come with me, I need you," Katrina exclaimed.
"Wait a minute, what's going on? Where's Mia?" Chaya inquired, his eyes widening.
"No time," Katrina replied. "Come if you must, we need to hurry."
Jennifer, Mei, and Chaya followed her, and arrived just in time to see an alien dragging a tranquilized Mia back into the spacecraft. The engines roared, and the spacecraft lifted into the air.
"Mei, can you teleport?" Katrina asked frantically.
Mei nodded. "Hold on." She morphed into a black crow, and magically increased in size until she was almost five feet tall. She then flew in the air just high enough to support the three hybrids. Katrina climbed onto the crow's back, and Chaya and Jennifer grabbed a talon. With a flap of her wings, Mei shot straight up in the air and zipped faster than the speed of the wind. Mei flew faster and faster, and the air around them thinned. Suddenly, they were soaring in front of the spacecraft. Chaya transformed into a snow leopard and leapt onto the windowshield, smashing through the glass with a swipe of his paw. Growling, Chaya attacked the alien, throwing it out of the spaceship. Without a pilot, the spacecraft began to fall. The hatch sprang open, and Mia tumbled out in free fall.
"Watch out, i'm going to dive," Mei warned. Katrina quickly transferred to one of Mei's talons, and Mia landed on Mei's back. Mei quickly flew down to land, and Chaya leapt off the branch of the tree, turning back into human.
In a flash of feathers, Mei became human again, her black hair tangled and twisted from the speed of the flight. They rushed to Mia, who was slowly stirring.
"She has a bad cut in her leg," Jennifer noted. She chanted a quiet spell, and cast a green beam of light towards Mia. Instantly, Mia looked healthier, and she sat up groggily.
"What just happened?" Mia asked, looking around, confused.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 6 August 2017 at 8:44 PM

@icesparkle22 *The memory thing is only temporary, mostly..or something XD*

She saw her strange people around her and felt the back of her neck and she felt the tranquilizer dart. She pulled it out, causing a trickle of blood to ooze out. A hand quickly grabbed it.
"We'll need that for research," a voice said and Mia yelped in surprise.
"Who are you?" she asked, backing up."Do I know you?" she growled, defensive.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 6 August 2017 at 9:03 PM

@stagfire okie! ^u^

Katrina reached for the dart that had been knocked to the side.
"We'll need that for research," she exclaimed. "We might be able to see what the aliens have achieved so far."
Mia had gained full awareness, and was looking at them, confused.
"Who are you? Do I know you?" she snarled, backing away.
Katrina looked at her, bewildered. "Of course you know us. I'm Katrina. That's Mei, Chaya, and Jennifer," she exclaimed, suspicious. Had the dart caused Mia to lose memory?
Mia stared at them. "I don't know...I don't know you," she exclaimed. Then her eyes rolled back, and she fainted again.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 6 August 2017 at 9:29 PM

@icesparkle22 ^-^

Chaya looked at Mia, concerned. His brow twisted together as he changed back and he bent down, taking Mia into his arms.
"What can we do?" he asked, watching her twitch. He looked at the dart."And how did the aliens make that?" he asked, exasperated.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 6 August 2017 at 9:37 PM

@stagfire

Katrina looked at the dart. It was shaped like a mini rocket, and filled with a glowing green substance. She shook the liquid, and it fizzled slightly under the glass. Only a little bit of the stuff had actually been injected, which was good. Exasperated, the hybrids dragged Mia back to the house.
"What happened?" Kiro asked, looking up from Karpy to see what the fuss was about.
The other hybrids crowded in to look. After six more hybrids had joined the rebellion, it was crowded, but they fit inside.
"She got tranquilized by an alien who tried to take her back to the experimenting place, but we got her back in time," Chaya explained.
"What?" the hybrids exclaimed. "How? But the experimenting place blew up!"
Katrina sat down on a tree stump. "I have no idea."
"Here, I think I can help!" Kiro piped up. He grabbed a basket of water, and dumped it over Mia's face.
Mia coughed, and sat up. "Where am I?" she asked, rubbing her eyes.
Katrina helped her up. "What's my name?" she asked Mia.
Mia squinted at Katrina. "You're Katrina, duh," she replied, rolling her eyes and managing a smile.
Everybody sighed with relief. "We'll tell you what happened," Chaya offered.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 6 August 2017 at 9:50 PM

@icesparkle22

Mia looked at them and rubbed her eyes.
"Well?" she asked, patting her coat. Chaya coughed, getting ready to tell her.
"Katrina discovered that you had disappeared soon after we had run away. We went back and encountered the aliens. We found you there, unconscious. We don't know how they had more ships for their experiments, but we got you back and you had a couple of seizures before you came back with Kiro's help. And now we're trying to decipher the serum," he explained and Mia smiled.
"Cool," she murmured and hugged him. She felt him freeze up and heat rose through his body. Mia pushed herself away."I'm...tired," she murmured before passing out.

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 7 August 2017 at 8:08 AM

JENNIFER

"so did any of you guys find out who there leader was?" trying to break the silence "no, I don't think so, but we are working on that." Katrina said. "oh" was all Jennifer could say. She stared at Mia again, noticing a wide wound across her leg with some concrete stuck in it, gently she pulled the slab of concrete out, which a how new burst of blood to come, she quickly then touched both her pointer finger and her middle finger to the wound, that closed instantly at her touch. She was growing rather fond of Mia and she didn't want her to bleed to death.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 7 August 2017 at 8:23 AM

@wolfkit @stagfire

A few minutes later, Mia woke up. After Jennifer had healed her, she looked as healthy as she did before. Katrina brought the vial back for inspection.
"There's some green stuff in this. I don't know what it is, but it makes you lose your memory," Katrina explained to the group, shaking the vial. The green liquid sloshed back and forth, fizzing against the glass. Jennifer reached for the vial. "Can I?'
Katrina handed it to her. Jennifer turned it around in her hands, and finally spoke up. "I can't identify the other ingredients, but it contains a poisonous substance that makes you faint, in small amounts, and go into a coma in big amounts," she exclaimed.
"How did you know?" asked Aaron, impressed.
"I can detect poison," Jennifer replied, handing the vial back to Katrina. She took it back gingerly.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 7 August 2017 at 2:22 PM

@icesparkle22 @wolfkit

Mia flinched away from it.
"Well, whatever it is, I don't want to see it," she shivered and Chaya took the vial and swirled it around.
"There's....alien and mutant ash in here!" he exclaimed, frowning.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 7 August 2017 at 2:35 PM

@stagfire

Katrina stared at Chaya. "How did you know?"
Chaya shook the little vial, and Katrina could see tiny flecks of gray. "That's strange..." she replied. Why would the aliens use an ingredient made of their own species?

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 7 August 2017 at 2:41 PM

@icesparkle22

Guessing what Katrina was thinking.
"Well, it could be all the ones we've killed," she pointed out, then winced."Or their failed mutant-alien experiments," she suggested and they all winced.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 7 August 2017 at 2:47 PM

@stagfire

Katrina grabbed a piece of cloth, and tied the bottle inside with string. Then, she buried it under a pile of dirt in in the small clearing
"I keep things under that dirt," she explained to the confused hybrids. "Things you need to hide, or need for later."
"So...what should we do now? We've just made it aware that we all exist to the aliens," Aaron piped up.
Katrina grabbed her spear, and stabbed it into the ground. The dirt bubbled, and collapsed into mud. The spear sank into the ground, and Katrina pulled it out again.
"It doesn't really matter. Just try to exterminate every last alien from this place. They don't belong here.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 7 August 2017 at 2:56 PM

@icesparkle22

Chaya nodded fervently.
"They must have some sort of mothership because more aliens keep coming," he mused, tapping his forehead.

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 7 August 2017 at 3:23 PM

Jennifer got up and turned into a squirrel, climbing a tree. "hey where are you going?" Mia called after her. "i'm hungry and I want an acorn" She called back already a few trees ahead. When she got to a maple tree she sat down and plucked an acorn from the tree, and covered it in sticky sap she liked eating as a squirrel it filled her belly faster and everything seemed so big, including the food. She suddenly heard some bickering behind her alien language she thought terrifying aliens are here.

(will post more later)

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 7 August 2017 at 3:40 PM

@wolfkit

Mia transformed and flapped after Jennifer, the wind flowing through her wings. She landed beside Jennifer and snapped up a worm. The gibbering of the aliens caught her attention and she looked at Jennifer and grinned.
"Take them down?" she asked, flapping her wings.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 7 August 2017 at 4:52 PM

@stagfire

Katrina bit the remaining twine off, and tied the last knot for the tapestry. Where had Mia and Jennifer gone? She looked out a window. They were still in the clearing outside, fighting a solitary alien who was obviously losing. Mia slashed at the alien, and Jennifer hit it with some sort of disease spell made it turn purple, and dissolve.. Katrina focused back on her tapestry, grinning.