What's your favorite food? Introducing : The Sento

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

90 posts

idol • 9 June 2019 at 12:29 AM

Hi everyone!
I haven't written a description yet,
but I wanted to get the idea up here now that I'm done with each stage.

I hope you like Sushi ^.^

I did a rough sketch of the colors on my tablet. If anyone is interested I can post the sketches instead and try different colors. The first one is the worst because I was still figuring out how to use this color program so I hope they don't look completely hideous XD

Sorry they are all on different pictures instead of together.

I was thinking the stages could level by views? Any suggestions or interest at all?

Here is the Sento ~

Egg stage: https://www.deviantart.com/queen-toph/art/Sento-egg-801034743

Stage one :
https://www.deviantart.com/queen-toph/art/Sento-Stage-1-801000274

Stage two:
https://www.deviantart.com/queen-toph/art/Sento-Stage-2-801000414

Stage three:
https://www.deviantart.com/queen-toph/art/Sento-Stage-3-801000545

Thank you and sorry for the random pings ^^ I hope you like the Sento. ^.^ please let me know if the images don't work.

**So you start with a little small piece with a carrot. The 2nd piece a bit bigger and with some extra toppings.
Then the 3rd stage is like a special type sushi you order (called Tamago if you want to be specific ^^)

@immortalraven
@prairie
@playermocha345
@saturna
@wild_wonders

Female
869 posts

saturna • 9 June 2019 at 12:36 AM

Cute! (And kind of delicious o.o) I wonder what its story is...

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 9 June 2019 at 12:36 AM

@idol
my gosh, the second and last stage!! 😊
its soo cute and imaginative, eggcave needs some more food like creatures and this would be literally perfect. ❤ī¸ great job, i really do love it. ^^

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 9 June 2019 at 12:37 AM

@idol

This is super cute! 😃 I'd love to see a sushi-theme creature out there. xD
However, If I had to critique one thing, I'd say that while I feel that the 1st stage to 2nd stage flows well, I feel like 3rd stage took a sharp turn towards animal instead of sushi-sprite/humanoid, which the other 2 feel like to me. (as they got feets, and no ears)

But otherwise, I really like the concept. 😃

Deleted • 9 June 2019 at 12:37 AM

@idol

Hmm, I love sushi! Thanks for the ping. But I don't get the correlation between the first image (egg stage?) and the 2nd image (child stage?). But I simply adore the 3rd image, the puppy rice sushi one. Are you making it so that it's like each stage the creature has been er.. eaten?

I like the design of the first stage but the creature's eyes, do they move around a lot? From the outside, to the inside the the front view of the rice puppy. 😋
The second stage, maybe a little thinner around the outside seaweed wrapping?

Well, that's just my opinion but it's cute and looks edible. Thank goodness I've already eaten lunch. Or else.. whatever may happen is not illegal and animal abuse. 😸

90 posts

idol • 9 June 2019 at 12:44 AM

@saturna
Thank you so !! I am happy you like it 😊

@wild_wonders
Thank you!!
The last stage is my personal favorite XD don't know what made me think of this but I just tried to roll with it.

@prairie
Thank you 😱 the 3rd stage was actually the first one I drew. I wanted all of them to sort of be more animal/creature themed but I couldn't think of a way to incorporate it very well. I tried to give stage 1 "carrot" like ears instead but it sort of just looked like Mickey mouse to me when I didn't like. So I added the carrot to it holding it instead. (Maybe I can do a bit different design with the leaves? Those didn't turn out too well either currently)
So to me I figured since each were a bit different I wanted them all to have different sushi features as well which is why stage 3 is playing in soy sauce ^^. I also considered making the "ears" smaller so it looked more like the rest of the rice but I thought maybe if I made these ears the same color of the rice it cod pull this style off possibly? But I can try a more humanoid approach as well possibly? 😊

Edit: to @playermocha345

Lol I forgot to draw an egg version completely XD. Wow.
Um no. Not eaten I hope that's why I think evolving by views would be better.
The more they are viewed the better the sushi you get? So you start with a little small piece with a carrot. The 2nd piece a bit bigger and with some extra toppings.
Then the 3rd stage is like a special sushi you order 😊 I also tried to give each one unique features from each other.

Male
682 posts

decay • 9 June 2019 at 9:28 AM

@idol

OMG IT'S SO ADORABLE!

I LOVE THE LAST STAGE!

Pings:
@stevepat2002
@wigglytuff
@sackname
@foxbit

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 9 June 2019 at 10:30 AM

@idol I personally dont like sushi, but I want one of these. It's so cute!!!

90 posts

idol • 9 June 2019 at 10:30 AM

@dcmaster
Thank you 😊
I was really hoping people would like the last stage best 😊

Pings: (sorry if you don't like them please ignore then ^^)
@raindrops
@zircon
@bgunny
@amethyst_elf448
@rashka

1,327 posts

bgunny • 9 June 2019 at 10:50 AM

@idol
It's so cute. I love the last stage!

Female
297 posts

zircon • 9 June 2019 at 11:23 AM

@idol
Ah! Too cute! Love the last stage mainly.

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 9 June 2019 at 2:14 PM

cute and me too, i prefer the last stage

Female
242 posts

amethyst_elf448 • 9 June 2019 at 3:38 PM

Awwww it's so cute!! Im also really hungry now

90 posts

idol • 9 June 2019 at 3:43 PM

@bgunny
@zircon
@rashka

Sorry! I didn't receive any notifications. I appreciate the feedback from all of you ^^ thank you.

More pings?

@sparklefox
@chameleon
@carcharhiniformes
@soniaexe

Female
3,798 posts

sparklefox • 9 June 2019 at 3:52 PM

@idol - I think the last stage is kinda cute, but I'm not the biggest fan of its design overall. The idea behind it is pretty unique, though, which I like.

90 posts

idol • 9 June 2019 at 4:32 PM

@sparklefox
Thanks for your input!
At the very least it sounds like I should redue the 1st stage for sure. I'll have to think of some ideas ^^

More pings?

@cherryblossomlover
@nanami
@samaritan
@icymuffin
@marner

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 9 June 2019 at 4:36 PM

@idol
Very unique, thats for sure! I love the last stage. The other ones feel really shopkins (If thats what they were called)-ish. I like the egg a lot, too. I'm very interested to see what you can come up with for a description, as well.

Female
49 posts

cherryblossomlover • 9 June 2019 at 5:01 PM

oh my so cute!! i love the last stage!

90 posts

idol • 9 June 2019 at 5:08 PM

@marner
Oh thank you! I personally don't really like how the egg stage came out XD but happy to hear it doesn't look as bad as I thought.
I have never seen shopkins XD hm.. maybe I can do some more tweaking.. Is it the style of the faces or how they are done? 😱 I am forming an idea but it might come off looking more creepy than cute.. hm.

pings-
@armageddondoll
@shadowdragon28
@scorch_cloud222
@comic

Male
326 posts

seraph • 9 June 2019 at 5:12 PM

@idol
this is such a nice idea! I'm always in for food creatures, and always in for Asian creatures in general
The "sketches" (they really are complete pieces imo) you made are fantastical, I love the concept and color, those are hard to get right

here are a few tips - feel free to ignore them, its probably me trying to find something that can be improved

- Egg stage
it stage doesn't look like a egg at all, doesn't even resemble one to me ;( this can be a problem
I think it would be cute if either the top or bottom half is made of rice and the other part is hard eggshell

- Stage 3
the stages are all great, I'd have all 3 and freeze them all! my problem is that stage 3 kinda looks like another creature
I guess if you look at it long enough you can tell it's the same creature but it, but it doesn't have many resemblance to other stages other than it's a "sushi" too - I think the colors and shapes are too different

Overall it's a wonderful creature and I'd love to own it! do your thing, your ideas and art are all wonderful 😸
btw love your old neopets screenshots haha

90 posts

idol • 9 June 2019 at 5:45 PM

@samaritan
Eh I def did not spend as much time on the egg stage as the rest of the sushi. XD so I will have to tweak it I think because I don't really like it either.
My first sketch had the leaf on top and the orange ball on the bottom but I didn't like that either..

Oh I called them sketched because I drew them on paper and then uploaded the pics to my tablet and used a program to try and color them in XD usually I am terrible at that though so I will admit each one took me a few hours..

For stage 3 it's a different type of sushi ^^
so stage 1 and 2 are more of a roll in different views but stage 3 is a piece of sushi called Tamago which is a sweet egg ^^ unfortunately for sushi there are many flavors but not too many styles to chose from. I wanted them to all be able to be unique but I did notice with the color as well which is why in the 1st stage I incorporated the yellow eyes a bit and gave stage 2 the orange balls so it would have some brightness as well. To me personally it seemed to even out a bit but.. one and two are both with orange things so maybe I can work on that 😊

I appreciate your feedback! 😱 Maybe I should try to work on some new angles.
I thought putting chopsticks or a full bottle of soy sauce would take too much away from the actual pieces of sushi or make it seem like they are being eaten which wasn't my goal. I think the more "views' they get the nicer the sushi you get if that makes sense.
hm.. lots of thinking to do ^^

more pings sorry ☚ī¸
@tash
@kdxu
@cho
@youwillforeverbemyalways

Male
326 posts

seraph • 9 June 2019 at 6:00 PM

@idol
ooh difference angles would make them look even better 😃 there's a lot of potential here, I like the creature in any form they might come
good luck!

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 11 June 2019 at 4:46 PM

@idol
Great idea! Your sketches are awesome. Maybe you can shorten the green space around stage 2? Stage 3 is sooo cute. I'd love to see this as a new creature.

90 posts

idol • 30 June 2019 at 10:00 AM

I'm going to be changing the 2nd stage to 1st stage and uploading a new pic for 2nd stage probably later today 😊

Deleted • 20 August 2019 at 9:47 PM

@idol congrats on it being made but I don't have any cc to buy it