The Sectors Roleplay (Open)

in Roleplaying

1,327 posts

bgunny • 17 August 2019 at 3:42 PM

The roleplay is starting.

Hello! This Roleplay is still open, so if you want to join or make a new character, please post your character sheet here: The Sectors Sign Ups

No one knows how it started. If humans were always like this or if something set it off. For as long as anyone could remember, a small percentage of humans have powers or abilities that exceed human limits. A human like this is called an Anomaly. At first Anomalies were appreciated, even respected, but then they started to cause destruction. Sometimes they were accidents, but other times they were on purpose. Regular humans began to live in fear of Anomalies. Eventually, the government decided it would be best if the two groups of humans were separated. A group called the MASK, or the Magical Anomaly Sector Keepers, were formed to contain and, if absolutely necessary, eliminate, Anomalies. Now, whenever a kid is found to be an Anomaly, they are sent to the MASK, where they are placed into 1 of 4 sectors, depending on their powers. They learn how to control their powers and get a place to live and 3 meals a day, but they have to stay in the underground headquarters. Anyone who is caught escaping will be eliminated. It’s a prison, sure, but it’s the only place they can call home. And none of them have ever thought of escaping…

Anomaly Schedule:
6:00am: Wake up
6:30-7:30: Breakfast
8:00-9:00: Practice/Private Lessons/Free Time
9:00-10:00: Morning Activities
10:00-12:00: Morning Activities/Free Time
12-1:00pm: Lunch
1:15-3:15: Sector Lessons
3:30-5:45: Fights
5:00-6:00: Dinner
6:00-9:15: Detention/Free Time
10pm: Curfew

Iron Sector Schedule:
6:30-7:30: Breakfast
8:00-9:00: Practice/Private Lessons/Free Time*
9:00-10:00: Morning Activities/Free Time*
10:00-12:00: Morning Activities/Free Time*
12-1:00pm: Lunch
1:15-3:15: Sector Lessons
3:30-5:45: Fights
5:00-6:00: Dinner
6:00-9:15: Evening Activities/Free Time*

*During Free Time, Iron Sector is asked to spy/hang out with the Anomaly kids.

(Also, if you guys have ideas for lessons, activities, or anything else that would change the schedule, please feel free to tell me. Some of the stuff, like morning activities and private lessons, I just put there because I didn't have any other ideas.)

Anomaly Rules:
-Don't use your powers on others.
-Don't start fights.
-Don't skip classes.
-Always be in your rooms by curfew.
-Don't ever try to escape.
-Always do what you're told.

Failure to follow these rules will lead to detention and in extreme cases, elimination.

Iron Sector Rules:
-Stay loyal to MASK.
-Always report something suspicious.
-Make sure to do your job.
-Never reveal to the Anomalies who you are.

Failure to follow these rules will lead to being discharged.

(These rules may be broken.)

Cliff-
"All sectors, wake up and report to breakfast," someone over a loud speaker says. I groan and get out of bed. I quickly change my clothes. My living area was crammed with instruments. I played 7 instruments and some of them, like the piano and cello, were big. I grab my violin and strap it over my back. "Hey, morning!" I call, as I pass some kids while leaving the room. I rush over to the Diamond Sector housing area, greeting people as I see them. I wait by the entrance until a shy looking girl comes out with a MASK guard. "Hey, Joles," I say. "Let's head to breafast. I'm starving!"

Jolie~
"Hello," I say to my cousin. I nod and start to walk in the direction of the cafeteria. Every few minutes, Cliff pauses to say hello to someone. He was very popular within the Sectors, unlike me. I didn’t want to be popular anyway. "So, who's the new guard?" Cliff asks. I glance over at the young woman walking next to me. My last guard had retired and I had been given a new one just today. "She didn't tell you her name, right? They never do. I guess we'll have to give her one," Cliff continues. My guard was staring straight ahead, but I knew she was listening. "Cliff..." I say in a warning tone. "How about we call her Emotionless?" In a flash, the guard brings out a knife and puts it close to Cliff's face. He jumps back. I do the same. "Do you know why I was stationed with your cousin? Because I am emotionless and I will not hesitate to kill if need be." As quickly as it happened, 'Emotionless', puts away her dagger. "Cliff, don’t get in trouble. Wasn't last week’s detention enough?" I reprimand. "I can't even remember why I got detention." “You messed with that pryokinesis and she almost set the room on fire," I say. At Cliff's blank face I add, "you said her hair and eyes were freaky." Cliff jumps up. "No! I was going to say awesome and she got all mad before I could." I sigh as we reach the cafeteria door. "Just try not to get in trouble," I say. Cliff grins at me. "No promises."

Phoenix (Pele)~
I sit on my uncomfortable bed and wait for the wakeup call. My bed was uncomfortable because it was made of metal. There was a possibility of me burning the bed if it was made out of anything else. I jump out of bed after the wakeup call announces over the loudspeaker. I hear the lock click to my door and someone knocks to let me know that it's unlocked. I walk out of my room. I look at all the other Platinum Sector kids who were headed to breakfast. I hated breakfast. The cafeteria was crowded and my food always burned as soon as I touched it. As the kids pass by me, they give me a wide space to walk. I let out a noise of displeasure and walk in the opposite direction. Breakfast was overrated anyway.

Kaeden-
When the wakeup call was announced, I was curled up in a 'cave' next to the other wolf shapeshifters. We get up and greet each other. Some of us shift and some of us, me included, stay in our wolf forms. I head over to the cafeteria.

Valerie~
I wake up right at 6:00am. I get out of bed and get ready for the day. I walk out of my room and over to the living room in the small apartment I lived in with my parents. They were eating breakfast. I walk past them without saying a word. I ate with the Anomaly kids. Breakfast was always a time they talked a lot. I found out a lot of stuff by listening.

(Does anyone want their characters to be friends with Cliff? Kaeden would also appreciate having some friends. Also, sorry my post is so long. My first post is almost always my longest.)

@asrieldreemurr @arcana @shadowdragon28 @alicevamill @iia

Female
574 posts

iia • 17 August 2019 at 4:26 PM

@bgunny Can moon be friends with kaeden?

Monique (moon)~
I open my eyes as the wake up call dispatches over the loudspeaker. My bed of straw was scratchy on my face and slightly damp because of the sweating from my nightly bad dream. I winnied a ’good morning’ as my neighbors complained and shifted too and fro. I changed into my centaur shape to avoid changing my human clothing (for bay hair covered my centaur chest). I got up and clopped off to the dining hall while my iron necklace stayed in a bag in my room. Halfway to to the diner I spun around and cantered back to my room. Skidding into my cell I grabbed the bag and stuffed in a fresh shirt, “just in case.” As I walked to breakfast saying hello to the occasional face I knew and many other faces I didn’t my heart raced with the joy of a new day.

1,478 posts

arcana • 17 August 2019 at 4:35 PM

@bgunny
I'll post my bit of the story later, but Meri can be friends with Cliff!

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 17 August 2019 at 4:43 PM

@bgunny
Can Neva be friends with Cliff?
Can Neva also be cell neighbors with Pele?
Neva:
I was floating on a puffy cloud, everything was gre- "All sectors, wake up and report to breakfast," a voice says. I jolt up and almost fall off my bed. "Ouch," I groan and rubbed my hair down as static electricity makes it rise. The lock on my door clicks and I walk outside, and nodding to the new guard in the hallway. "Yo," I say, enjoying the look of confusion on the guards face before her face relaxes into a smile. I head to breakfast, greeting a few of my fellow Platinum kids and then heading toward my friends.
Charlotte:
"Ugh," I groan as my alarm clock rings. I had stayed out last night at a party, and it was turning out to be a pretty bad idea. I put on my work uniform and head to my designated hallway I had to fill in for. More people file out of their cells as a black hair girl steps out to and grins at me, "Yo." I felt my face tense up. This was abnormal in my usual hallway. Ah, well, it doesn't hurt to be friendly.
Callum:
My head hurt as I woke up from my nest. Yesterday had been very eventful, scouting for other Anomalies. I didn't feel that bad for them though, it wasn't my fault, it was the creator of Anomalie's fault for making us that way. I flew out of my nest and shifted back to normal. I saw out of the corner of my vision another eagle lean to whisper something to her friend. It was probably the rumor that I was working for MASK, which was actually the truth. Well, at least I get to experience the outside world while these losers are stuck here.

1,478 posts

arcana • 17 August 2019 at 6:18 PM

Selene~
I staggered out of my room and let my eyes adjust. It was miserable to lose the warmth and dreams of sleep, but I could take it. Breakfast was an ordeal, the stifling and noisy atmosphere coupled with the underlying unease that the facility glowed with. I ate my bland food and then a few pieces of mango, bright bits of sunshine in this cycle. Listening to the chatter, I singled threads of conversation out and noted them, adding them to the memories of this place.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 17 August 2019 at 8:30 PM

Skyre looks up as the door unlocks. The guards urge her up. She proceeds to walk to the cafeteria. She didn't understand why people were still sane in this place. Their conversations sounded...happy. She didn't hear the words, they were just meaningless noise. She stares at the food in front of her. They were still giving food to her?

Carrie sits near that girl. She was told to keep a close eye on her, make sure she doesn't use her powers to hurt anyone, and at least eat. She was doing what she was for the past week. Staring with those dead eyes of hers.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 17 August 2019 at 9:15 PM

@iia Sure! Kaeden would love to be friends with Moon.
@arcana Okay, sounds great!
@shadowdragon28 Yes to both those things. It's going to be funny when Pele and Neva interact.

Jolie~
Cliff and I grab our food. I head to my usual table in the corner. Cliff follows. "Hey, Cliff! Want to sit with us?" a group of kids ask. Cliff looks from them to me. "Maybe for lunch," Cliff replies, with a smile. They give thumbs up. I walk over to my table, which was empty. I almost wish Cliff hadn't sat with me. He was sure to bring people over here.

Cliff-
I sit down across from Jolie and begin to tell her about everything and anything. She stays quiet most of the time, chiming in every so often. I suppress a sigh. I liked to be with Jolie, but I really liked talking during meals, and I really, really liked it when people responded.

Kaeden-
I get to the cafeteria and shift into my human form. I looked down at my clothes. They were wrinkled and smelled a little like dog. I shrug, whatever. I walk through the cafeteria and look for one of my friends that I could sit with.

Phoenix (Pele)~
"Hey! You're supposed to be at breakfast!" a guard shouts at me. I glare at them before turning around and heading in the direction the cafeteria was. I still wasn't planning on going to breakfast, though.

Valerie~
I grab my meal and walk through the room, trying to find a good place to sit.
(Is it okay if Valerie sits with Carrie and Skyre?)

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 17 August 2019 at 9:18 PM

@bgunny (Sure!)
Skyre looks up. Someone was walking towards us. Why would they come here?

Carrie looks up as well. Another person. Makes my job easier.

1,478 posts

arcana • 18 August 2019 at 12:07 AM

@bgunny
(Would you mind if Meri was on good terms with Jolie/became friends with her, or would you rather have them not know each other that much at all?)
Meri~
I approach Cliff and Jolie's table, weighing the options. On one hand, when Cliff wasn't chattering away, he looked bored. On the other, while I knew Jolie a bit, she would probably get extremely uncomfortable when I, or anyone else approached. Using a hint of my ability, I crossed the room and walked up to their table. "Hey guys! Mind if I sit here?" I smiled, hoping to make Jolie less uncomfortable. It probably wasn't
Selene~
I eye the guard next to me and ask to finish breakfast early and head to the training room set aside for me. She looks at me, annoyed that I interrupted her breakfast but takes me there anyways. I check the time on a nearby clock. That was an extra 15 minutes that I could spend playing with my illusions. Better than nothing.

Deleted • 18 August 2019 at 12:14 AM

(On my other accounttttt)
Skyre stares at the girl. Was she going to sit down with them or just stand there?

1,327 posts

bgunny • 18 August 2019 at 9:05 AM

(They can be on good terms. Just know that Jolie is awkward with anyone besides her cousin.)

Jolie~
I look up from my food to see who came over to sit. It was just Meri. That was okay. Meri wasn't too bad. I nod at her before looking back down at my food.

Cliff-
My head shot up when Meri walks over. "Hey, Ri!" I say, waving. "Sure come sit down. You can help me stay out of the trouble Jolie's so worried about," I add. Jolie makes a strange coughing noise before glaring at me for just a quick second. She hated it when I found ways to bring her in the conversation.
(Cliff is a big nickname person, but if your character prefers to be called by a different name, he'll be happy to call them that instead.)

Valerie~
I sit down next to two girls. One I recognized from Iron Sector. She was the android named Carrie. The other was from Diamond Sector. I knew my parents had been talking about her because of her refusal to eat. "Morning," I say, trying not to sound gruff, but failing.

Kaeden-
I was having trouble finding one of the few friends I had in the crowded room. I decide to go get my food instead. I stand in line and tell the breakfast lady that I was a wolf shapeshifter. She gives me a chunk of meat cooked rare and some fruit. "I don't want fruit," I say. "It's good for your health. Eat it," comes the reply. I sigh and leave the line.

(Is it okay if Kaeden meets up with Moon?)

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 18 August 2019 at 9:13 AM

Ah, she did want to eat with them. Skyre stares at her.

"Morning." Carrie's voice tone switched to cheerful. Guess they wanted to keep that 'personality' they gave me.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 18 August 2019 at 1:11 PM

(lol, yeah, also is it okay if Charlotte sits with Cliff, Jolie, and Meri)
(Is it also fine if I write 3rd person because it's easier for me to write that way?)
Neva:
I looked around the cafeteria scanning the tables for someone I recognized. I walk over to the table where Cliff, Jolie, and another Anomalie that I only knew of named Meri sat at. "What's up?" I say as I plop down. I look at the breakfast on their plates. Mmmn, looks good.
Charlotte:
After dealing with other Anomalies, I got my food in the lunch line and observed the cafeteria like my mom had told me to do. Diamond kids diamond kids, ahhh, there was one sitting with a few others and that Platinum sector kid. I should try guarding them.
Callum:
I stepped into the lunch line. "Eagle," I muttered under my breath when it was my turn. I recieved a piece of raw mice in my meal. I looked at the blood oozing out as I made sure to find my own table. My life is just so great.(sarcasm)

1,327 posts

bgunny • 18 August 2019 at 6:02 PM

(It's fine with me. Also, you guys can write in whatever way you feel comfortable.)

Jolie~
I shrink to try and make myself seem smaller. Like I said, Cliff always brings people to the table. I hated it.

Cliff-
"Hey, Nev," I say. I look up. "The ceiling is up," I say with a grin. "Nothing much," I say, getting serious. "Just enjoying my breakfast. It's a lot better than the stuff they give to kids who are in detention." I dropped the seriousness as soon as it came. I see an unfamiliar girl standing near the table. "Hi! Do you want to sit with us?" I ask.

Valerie~
I stare back at the Diamond Sector kid, but speak to Carrie. "You're name is Carrie, right?" I ask. "I don't know your name," I add, deciding to include the other girl. I didn't really care what their names were. I was just trying to seem friendly.

1,478 posts

arcana • 19 August 2019 at 9:26 PM

Meri~
I sat next to Jolie, trying to make her feel less awkward around Neva. I didn't think that Neva knew me, but I knew that she knew Cliff. She seemed social, but Jolie probably wouldn't enjoy that.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 21 August 2019 at 3:10 AM

Her voice didn't sound friendly at all. She didn't like her. She liked nobody in this place.

Valerie was trying to be friendly. I decide to be polite. "Yes."

1,327 posts

bgunny • 22 August 2019 at 3:23 PM

Jolie~
I finish eating my food. I didn't want to leave Cliff, since he hadn't left me, but I really wanted to go to a quiet place now. I was glad Meri had sat next to me so I wouldn't have to sit next to Neva or the new girl. I didn't know either of them very well.

Cliff-
"Ri, do you have private lessons or practice today?" I ask. "I'm asking cause if you had practice, I could help."

Valerie~
The girl wasn't talking at all. "Carrie, are you well acquainted with your friend here? Do you know her name?" I ask.

1,478 posts

arcana • 22 August 2019 at 3:30 PM

Meri~
"I think they're making me practice today. Wish I had lessons though. Its so much more fun learning more tricks."
Selene~
I summon a lush and vivid forest and a few chipmunks. They scampered to and fro, picking up acorns that appeared on the grassy floor. I try to give myself the seeming and movement of a bird, but only succeed in making my arms wings.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 22 August 2019 at 4:15 PM

Neva grinned at the girl. "I'm Neva, what's your name oh so serious guard." The girl jolted back in surprise and narrowed her eyes. "Who do you think you ar-" Neva cut her off, "Hey, chill down, you don't have to be so uptight. The girl gave her one more look and then sat down. "So what's your name?"

Charlotte sat down in a spare chair and placed her tray down on the table, warily watching the others. There was the troublemaker, a quiet kid that looked very uncomfortable, a kid who had to brave sitting next to that Platinum idiot(Neva), and of course the idiot. "Charlotte," she said.

Callum picked at his tray, curling his lip at the raw meat. He finished his tray quickly and headed off to a meeting.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 23 August 2019 at 2:16 AM

She really wanted to know her name. What purpose did she seek?

Carrie looks over at Skyre. "Maybe. Skyre."

1,327 posts

bgunny • 23 August 2019 at 7:18 PM

Cliff-
"Well, I can help you practice if you want. We can play three truths one lie or if you tell me other things you want me to do, I'll do it," I say. "I've got free time today. It's hard to practice being good at hearing." Deciding I could handle two conversations, I have hello to the new girl. " Hi, Charlotte. Nice to meet you, " I say. Hearing from Neva that she was a serious guard, I force a grin down and ask, "mind if I call you Charlie?" I saw no reason why I couldn't mess with her a bit.

Jolie~
I frown as I see the signs I was so used to from Cliff. He was going to have some fun with Charlotte, the guard. Oh boy, another detention might be coming his way. I sigh. Typical Cliff.

Valerie~
I finish eating. So, Skrye was her name. I sit up. "You might want to eat Skrye. Breakfast is almost over," I say. " You need your strength." I was going to try my hand at getting her to eat.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 23 August 2019 at 7:52 PM

Oh, she wanted that? Wow.

"I've tried that. She somehow draws her strength from somewhere else. It's not one of her abilities." Carrie picks up her plate of food.

1,478 posts

arcana • 23 August 2019 at 8:02 PM

Meri~
"That'll be fun! Only if you don't get detention though!" I weight the end of my sentence with a hint to stop messing with the guard. I did plenty of detention worthy things, such as stealing anything I could so I could tinker with them, but no one had caught me yet. I knew that they didn't always watch me, especially with all the other Silver kids. I didn't think they would really care that much if I escaped either. It wasn't like they even tried to find Silver kids, just waited for families to turn them in.
Selene~
I tried again, but my head hurt. I instead made an forest in the corner of the main room that everyone would see. I didn't make so that cameras could see it though. That would be important to keep a secret.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 23 August 2019 at 8:07 PM

Neva giggled and clapped her palm over her mouth. She stifled her giggles, only to start choking and laughing at the same time.

Charlotte glared at the boy. "I do mind, thank you very much." She was here to watch over them, not to play nice. She huffed and poked at her breakfast. They were lucky she wasn't giving them detention. She heard the idiot laughing and turned to give her the stink eye.

Callum turned a corner to come at the usual meeting spot. A MASK agent was waiting for him. "Agent Antonio, I suspect you are ready." Callum smirked, "Aren't I always?" He felt his body shift into a golden eagle, and the tracker was attached. He ruffled his feathers, and flew away.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 24 August 2019 at 3:37 PM

Cliff-
"Okay, I understand," I whisper to Meri, after hearing the hint she sent me. "I won't push her too hard." I turn back to Charlotte. "Aw, but that's such a good nickname. Okay, well, maybe when we become better friends then," I say.

Jolie~
I smile down at my hands. I had heard Meri's hint. It was nice to know I wasn't the only one trying to keep Cliff straight. "Breakfast is almost over! Please finish up and head to your next activity!" the lunch lady calls. I grab my plate of food and stand up.

Valerie~
I shrug. I wasn't going to waste much of my time on her. "Bye Skrye and Carrie. See you later," I say. I had to go get ready for guard duty.

Kaeden~
I gobble up my food and throw the remainder in the trash. I walk around looking for something to do. Maybe there was someone I could go practice with.

Pele~
I knew I didn't have much time left. I rush into an empty hallway in the Silver sector. I look around for a guard and found none. They were probably patrolling somewhere else. I walk over to a door labelled supplies closet and try to open it. It was locked.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 24 August 2019 at 4:54 PM

Neva stood up with her plate of finished food and headed towards the trash to dump the remains.

Charlotte stood up. It was time for guard duty, her least favorite time of the day.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 24 August 2019 at 7:07 PM

Finally. Now what did she have today? Ah, free time again? They still think that she'll turn more people crazy?

Carrie stands up. She was supposed to take Skyre back to her cell now.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 25 August 2019 at 3:20 PM

Cliff~
"Hey, Jolie, want to hang out with me and Ri?" I ask. She shakes her head. "Private lessons," she says. I know how much she hated those. I throw away my trash. "Bye Charlotte," I say with a mischievous grin. I turn to Meri. "I'm ready to go when you are," I say.

Jolie~
I give a half-hearted wave to Meri and head out to my lesson. I hated private lessons.

Valerie~
I go back to my parent's apartment. My parents weren't home right now. I was relieved. I change into my work clothes and pin on my badge to my shirt. I grab my double swords by the front door.

Pele~
I reach into my pocket and grab a key I had snatched from a guard one time. I unlock the door and rush inside, closing the door behind me. I didn't want to be caught doing this. At first the room seemed like just another ordinary supplies closet, but I knew better. I move some of the boxes. Underneath them was a trap door.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 25 August 2019 at 7:10 PM

Paige:
~ I wake up with a jolt and the realization that I was now late for breakfast. I leap out of bed and throw on some clothes. I open the door to my room and see a guard standing outside. “You’re late.” He said gruffly. “Yes, I know, sorry, sir.” I say hurriedly. “I’ll escort you to make sure you actually get there.” He put a hand on my upper back and started gently pushing me toward the cafeteria. I get into there and race to get some food. I get it and walk to an empty table to eat it. I walked because I was scared of spilling it. After I sit down, I hear the lunch lady yell and see some people leave. I breathe a sigh of relief. I wasn’t too late.

Galan:
~ I sat at a table, finishing my breakfast. I took a drink of milk and wondered what the day would bring. I stand up when the lunch lady yells and throw away my garbage. I start toward the door.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 26 August 2019 at 4:32 AM

Other people started arriving.