Shaerin's Plague | Fantasy Roleplay | Closed

in Roleplaying

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 18 August 2019 at 2:05 PM

You wake up in the middle of the ocean in a lifeboat next to your bag. All you remember is that your ship capsized in a storm and somehow you miraculously made it out alive. How you got into the lifeboat or why there are other teenagers around your age in the boat with you, you don’t know. As you and the other people start to look around for food and supplies, you notice something in your bag glowing.

-

Multiple kids, stranded on a lifeboat after a shipwreck, barely remember anything that happened. Has it been minutes, hours, or even days since the shipwreck?
Then they start to see something strange happening. Each teenager appears to have a glowing object, and why, they can’t explain.
Then they’re suddenly whisked away into another land as if it appeared out of nowhere. They're tied up and surrounded by guards. They ask where they are and what was happening.
“You're in Shaerin,” one of the guards reply. “It's a land of magic that's hidden from the human world. And we need you because you have the Relics that will save us from our doom,”

---

The goal of this roleplay is to get to the top of Mount Ryfenn. At the summit, there's an ancient Shrine in which the Kage plant seed, with the assistance of the other Relics, must be planted to cure Shaerin of its deadly Plague. The Plague is a curse that kills crops, livestock, and spreads an incurable, fatal disease. Not even the strongest mages can fight it off, and prophets say that it will lead to the kingdom’s demise.
The journey to the summit of Mount Ryfenn is dangerous; bandits are constantly trying to steal the Relics, since it's rumored that the Kage seed can grant immortality and unimaginable power.
The teenagers’ main threat is an organization of bandits called the Nefari. There are hundreds of Nefarian bandits that will stop at nothing to get the Relics and the Kage seed for their leader.
Although the teenagers don't have magic powers, the Relics do. They can protect and guide them to the summit, each of them having their own special ability.

Rules

- You must be willing to stay active for this roleplay, since everybody will be traveling as a group for the most part and therefore have to rely on each other.
- You can only have one character with a Relic, but you can have up to two others (bandits, witches, wizards, etc). If your Relic has the ability to turn into a living creature they will count as a character (and you'll have to make a form)
- No overpowered characters/Relics
- No perfect characters
- You can't kill off your teenager (or Relic), but you can kill your other characters (and no killing other people’s characters)
- Be polite to others in the roleplay
- Please try to use your best grammar and spelling (For example, please try not to talk like " *talks 2 othr ppl* o hai ")
Crushes are fine, just… ya know :/ keep it down
No extreme gore or graphic images
If you've read the rules, put your character’s favorite color in the “Code” part of the form
Have fun 😃

Form:

Name:
Species:
Relic: (if a human)
Powers: (if non human)
Personality:
Appearance:
Strengths and Weaknesses:
Weapons:
Code:
Other:

My forms:

Name: Sky Harper
Species: Human
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Relic: Kage seed
Powers: —
Personality: Outgoing, positive, and a little naive. She'd be willing to sacrifice herself for her friends.
Appearance: Average height, reddish blond wavy hair, green eyes.
Strengths and Weaknesses: Has great leadership and social skills unlike me. She's more “common sense smart” than booksmart. Her physical endurance is a lot longer than others, but she's not good at using her strength all at once. Her curiosity usually gets the better of her.
Weapons: (Once they arrive in Shaerin) She keeps a bow and arrows on her, although she's also skilled in using a bow staff.
Code: Sky Blue 😋
Other: She was cleaning out her attic when she found an envelope with an old letter written in another language that she'd never seen before. Along with the letter, there was also a seed inside of the envelope. She pocketed it but forgot to take it out, which is why she had it on the shipwreck.

Name: Kiwi
Species: Enchanted Stone Talisman
Sexual Orientation: —
Relic: — (basically is one lol)
Powers: Kiwi can turn into a living, talking bird at will. She's extremely intelligent and was created by ancient mages to know almost everything about Shaerin to guide the teenagers to the top of Mount Ryfenn.
Personality: She's very talkative and doesn't completely understand morals and values, so she's a bit sardonic at times.
Appearance: When she's in her stone form, she looks like a little bird with folded wings and an open beak, as if she were trying to sing/speak. When she's in bird form, she's about the size of a robin (and looks a lot like a Pekva)
Strengths and Weaknesses: Despite her small size, she's not to be underestimated. She's extremely intelligent. She's also immortal since she's technically an object. When in stone form, she's unbreakable and therefore can also use this as a defense tactic.
Weapons: Kiwi can slow down enemies by pecking them (and it hurts a lot more than it seems), although it doesn't really do much damage.
Code: None (doesn't really have a preference over anything, almost like a robot except powered by magic instead of electricity and code)
Other: Is attracted to the smell of kage

(If you want you can have Kiwi be your relic lol, but she’ll still be played by me although you can also control her)

Name: Camus Dread (referred to as Doctor Dread by most that know him, but his identity is well kept within the Nefari
Age: unknown, but believed to be over 200 years old (lived longer due to using necromancy and dark magic)
Species: Unknown, most likely dark wizard
Sexual Orientation: Unknown
Relic: —
Powers: Extremely powerful wizard that draws his power out from dead souls.
Personality: Only well known to those that are close to him. He's very manipulative, mysterious, and overall a sadistic, evil-hearted person.
Appearance: Mostly seen in a long, dark cloak that overshadows his face. When he gets angry or is using his power, his eyes glow from underneath the cloak.
Strengths and Weaknesses: He tends to be overconfident and complacent sometimes.
Weapons: None
Code: None
Other: —

- Characters -
Teenagers:
Sky // 17 // F // Straight // Human // Kage seed//@wigglytuff
Gracie Haumm // 14 // F // Straight // Human // Rysa // @wingedfox
Quill Rush // 15 // M // Asexual/Demiromantic // Human // Feather // @summerglow4a
Lake Chang // 14 // F // Straight // Human // Sana Amulet // @arcana
Esme Bauer// 15 // F // Straight // Bi // Human // Lupis Amulet // @shadowdragon28

Bandits:
Ajax Mayer // 16 // Bandit // M // Straight, maybe a little gay // @wingedfox
Cory Hartley // 16 // Bandit // M // Straight // @shadowdragon28

Mages/Witches/Wizards:
Camus Dread // M // Dark Wizard // @wigglytuff
Karina // 24 // F // Mage // @summerglow4a
Malik // 24 // M // Mage // @summerglow4a
Essa Riylen // 19 // F // Asexual // Witch // @arcana

Others:
Kiwi // Hundreds of years old // F // Enchanted Talisman
Rysa // At least 500 years old // F // Straight // Relic // @wingedfox
Avera // F // Blessed Amulet Spirit // @arcana

Pings☹️sorry)
@wingedfox
@summerglow4a
@wolfspike23
@arcana

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 August 2019 at 5:02 PM

@wigglytuff I'd love to join! This sounds really cool! I don't have a lot of extra time right now, so I'll post my bio for my character later, if that's alright.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 18 August 2019 at 5:51 PM

@wingedfox that's fine! ❤️ take your time 😊

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 August 2019 at 8:15 PM

Name: Gracie Haumm
Relic: (if a human) Rysa
Powers: (if non human)
Personality: A little shy at first. but she warms up to you pretty fast. When she's shocked, nervous or surprised, she makes loud, high-pitched squeaks and her voice gets higher. She's loyal and generous and loves to laugh.
Appearance: A heart-shaped face and auburn hair that curls at the ends. She has dark green eyes with orangish rings around her pupils. She usually wears a pink sweatshirt and jeans.
Strengths and Weaknesses: A fast runner and pretty agile, scared of heights.
Weapons: A small pocketknife and smoke grenades that make you pass out from the bad smell of them.
Code: Pink
Other: She's scared of spiders and a little(lot) homesick for some reason she doesn't know.

Name: Ajax Mayer
Species: Bandit
Sexual Orientation: Straight, maybe a little gay.
Relic: (if a human) (Are Bandits human?)
Powers: (if non human) He can influence plants. Not control them, but he can force them to grow certain ways and faster than normal.
Personality: He's witty and tends to be a little too self-confident at times. He likes to beat punching bags up to get his frustration out, but he always prefers to beat up some foes. He's usually pretty chill.
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/236x/86/a4/5c/86a45c9f70460012e6f2dadce58a64b8--cool-anime-guys-anime-boys.jpg
Strengths and Weaknesses: He's like a wolf. Great stamina and not very fast when he's doing long-distance running.
Weapons: Double ninja swords on his back and a ring that can inject him with memory eraser stuff if he gets captured.
Code: Black
Other: Works for the Nefari

Is this alright?

1,478 posts

arcana • 18 August 2019 at 8:30 PM

@wigglytuff
This sounds really interesting! I'll post my characters later, when I'm not on mobile!

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 August 2019 at 9:44 PM

@wigglytuff
I'll join! I just need to finish my character sheets.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 19 August 2019 at 11:44 AM

@arcana @summerglow4a sure!

1,467 posts

robinn • 19 August 2019 at 11:53 AM

@wigglytuff
I'm a little confused on what relics are, are they objects that give characters powers?

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 19 August 2019 at 12:05 PM

@summerglow4a oops, I'll clear that up a little better in the post ^^

But sort of, yes 😊 the Relics allow them to have a power, basically.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 19 August 2019 at 3:42 PM

Name: Rysa
Species: Relic
Relic: (if a human) A necklace (does that work?)
Powers: (if non human) She looks like a sleeping black fox in her pendant form, and can turn into a miniature version of one if she wishes. She can telepathically speak to the teenager that has her.
Personality: A little bit too much of an optimist, she always looks on the bright side of any problem and rarely loses her cool. When she does, however, she's not pleasant to be around.
Appearance: An onyx sleeping fox pendant, or a small black fox with turquoise eyes with gold flecks in them, about big enough to hold in your hand.
Strengths and Weaknesses: She's fast and agile in her fox form and smart. She can lure people into traps she's found in random places.
Weapons: Her teeth and claws. She grabs her target with her claws and bites them there. Double damage.
Code: __
Other: Dos this work for a relic? Please let me know if anything's wrong and I'll fix it. Don't hold back. I do that a lot

1,467 posts

robinn • 19 August 2019 at 6:14 PM

Name: Quill Rush
Sexual Orientation: Asexual/Demiromantic
Relic: A feather that give him the ability to fly.
Powers: --
Personality: Quiet, shy, he prefers to keep to himself. Takes a while to warm up to people, very caring towards those he’s close to.
Appearance: Short, grey hair. Light blue eyes.
Strengths and Weaknesses: Not very confident. He relies more on speed than strength.
Weapons: Lance
Code: Green
Other:

Name: Karina
Species: Mage
Relic: --
Powers: Shadow manipulation, can use shadows to fight.
Personality: Sassy, sarcastic, confident, independent.
Appearance: Long dark brown hair tied up in a ponytail. Scarlet eyes. Dressed in dark robes.
Strengths and Weaknesses: She can be over confident sometimes.
Code: Unknown
Other: The older twin of Malik.

Name: Malik
Species: Mage
Relic: --
Powers: Shadow manipulation, can use shadows to fight.
Personality: Cocky, not as confident as his sister, dependent.
Appearance: Short, spiky dark brown hair. Scarlet eyes. Dressed in dark robes.
Strengths and Weaknesses: He relies heavily on his sister, he’s a lot less powerful when Karina’s not around.
Code: Unknown
Other: The younger twin of Karina.

(Is this okay?)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 19 August 2019 at 6:16 PM

@summerglow4a Would it be alright if Quill and Gracie are friends?

1,467 posts

robinn • 19 August 2019 at 6:19 PM

@wingedfox
Yup!

1,478 posts

arcana • 22 August 2019 at 10:18 PM

@wigglytuff Here's my characters!
Name: Lark Chang
Orientation: Straight
Relic: Sana Amulet: A miniature crystal Caduceus staff on a gold chain. Gives her the ability to heal people by taking her energy/other people's energy or lifespan.
Personality: She is extremely loyal to friends who have been with her through thick and thin, but avoids most other people. She is very wary of strangers or people she knows little about.
Appearance: Lark is a tall girl with straight long black hair she keeps in a ponytail. Her eyes are dark, almost black brown and has an air of sensitivity and quietness to her.
Strengths and Weaknesses: Good at planning and adapting to anything that is thrown at her. Not the most physically able, but has read plenty of books. Strong attachment to certains things. Very indecisive and must obsess over every scenario before reaching a decision.
Weapons: Learned how to parkour and can use a knife/dagger okay.
Code: Teal
Other: Her mother told her stories about the amulet they gave her. They were legends and fantasy. Her parents were divorced and her mother recently died. She was going into custody of her father before the boat sank.

Name: Avera
Species: Blessed Amulet Spirit
Personality: Very friendly to her user and gets attached to people very easily, kind to all. A bit arrogant and spiteful if she believes you have done something evil or hurt someone, but overall a compassionate spirit.
Relic: The spirit of the Sana Amulet. Has partial control over it, but bound to the wearer in some ways.
Appearance: A brown haired teenager in a flowy white Greek dress. She is faintly glowing and opaque.
Strengths and Weaknesses: Can heal its wearer and others, but also a spirit, unable to interact with much or do anything else. Said to have divination powers.
Code: Rose Gold
Other: Was once a prophet before being bound to the amulet

Name: Essa Riylen
Species: Witch
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Powers: Ability to create potions/infuse potions/create balms
Personality: She has a laid-back or lazy personality that changes completely when she's under stress. If she's under stress, or has a problem, she becomes very headstrong, creative and can solve almost every problem. She's usually snarky and sarcastic when normal, but doesn't really have any attachments to people.
Appearance: She has short dark hair and bangs that nearly cover her dark blue eyes. She is thin, but not fit and tall. She likes wearing dark robes that stop at her ankles and black leggings. She also owns a blue crystal shard amulet.
Strengths and Weaknesses: Problem-Solving, Accuracy, Potions, Dagger. Overconfident, Hates spiders, Bad runner and bad hand-to-hand fighter. Often has to resort to underhanded tricks to win fights, but has adapted it into her style.
Weapons: Dagger, Various Potions, Poisons
Code: Dark Red
Other: Runaway that wants to change her life. Gave herself her own last name based on one of her idols when she was younger.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 23 August 2019 at 12:25 AM

@wingedfox @summerglow4a @arcana all accepted! Welcome! 😃 sorry I didn’t see your posts earlier, didn’t get the ping ;( gonna wait for one more person to join, and then we can start ^^

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 23 August 2019 at 7:00 PM

@wigglytuff
Sounds cool, can I join?

Name: Esme Bauer
Species: human
Sexual Orientation: bisexual
Relic: (if a human)Lupis Amulet: stone talisman connected to a necklace, a carved wolf in it
Powers: (if non human) Using a talisman, she can transform into a black wolf with green eyes(stronger/easier when full moon)
Personality: judgmental, thinks everything is black and white, reckless, protective, jealous easily, arrogant, sarcastic, brave
Appearance: Black hair, green eyes, average height, wears a t-shirt and shorts,
wolf form larger than usual wolf
Strengths and Weaknesses: When Esme transforms, it hurts, and it takes a minimum of 30 seconds to shift and she is completely vulnerable at the time, she is also pretty naieve
Can draw some of her physical ability as a wolf while she is human, physically strong, sharp teeth
Weapons: sword, dagger
Code: green
Other: does not have a high pain tolerance, believes in "justice"

Name: Cory Hartley
Species: bandit
Sexual Orientation: straight
Relic: (if a human)--
Powers: (if non human) teleportation within a five feet radius
Personality: lazy, prefers snacking over fighting, will do a lot for money, trusts people easily, easy going, manipulative, good at lying and acting
Appearance: dirty blond hair, hazel eyes, usually wears casual t-shirt, looks innocent and normal
Strengths and Weaknesses: lazy, is bad at long range attacks, while good at tricking people, not good at determining when he is tricked, scared of heights
Can use teleportation to win a close range fight, intelligent, uses his lazy and easygoing attitude to get close to people
Weapons: hand gun, dagger
Code: light blue
Other: he uses his normal looks to get close, then betray people

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 23 August 2019 at 11:02 PM

@shadowdragon28 accepted!

Would you and @wingedfox have you bandit characters work for the Nefari? It’s fine if not x3

We can start right as you guys respond 😊

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 24 August 2019 at 4:39 PM

@wigglytuff Sure! That's what I planned, sorry, I'll specify that in the bio.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 24 August 2019 at 4:55 PM

@wingedfox ok, thanks ^^ just waiting on one more person and then we can start 😊

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 24 August 2019 at 4:57 PM

@wigglytuff
Okay! Cory would love to be part of the Nefari! 😊

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 24 August 2019 at 5:32 PM

@shadowdragon28 ok! 😊

@arcana @wingedfox @summerglow4a we can start! Here’s the first post:

Sky opened her eyes. All she remembered from before she passed out was the ice cold water dragging her down into darkness, the violent waves knocking the breath out of her. Somehow she was alive.
Still tired and sore, she sat up and looked around. She appeared to be on a lifeboat with several other unconscious teenagers. Every direction she looked there was endless ocean. What good was it if she was rescued but stranded?

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 24 August 2019 at 5:38 PM

(Sweet!)

Gracie groaned. He head hurt and her mouth tasted like fermenting seawater. She make a face. She didn't remember much other than screaming, then ice cold water and darkness that felt like it would ever end. She sat up and saw that another girl was awake. What was her name again? She couldn't remember.

1,467 posts

robinn • 24 August 2019 at 5:43 PM

Quill opens his eyes. What happened? He feels the cold waves lapping at his ankles. He quickly gets to make sure everyone else is safe.

1,478 posts

arcana • 24 August 2019 at 5:43 PM

Lark let out a little gasp and sat up quickly. Where was she? The afterlife? A dream? Wasn't she drowning or dead? Pinching herself, she looked around. Two of the other girls that had been on the boat were awake. She touched her amulet for comfort. How did this happen? How did the necklace stay on through the storm?

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 24 August 2019 at 5:47 PM

Gracie saw Quill was awake and relaxed. She sent him a bright smile and broke the silence. "Is everyone okay?" She asked.

1,478 posts

arcana • 24 August 2019 at 5:49 PM

Lark coughs a bit, but responds, "Yes, but where are we?"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 24 August 2019 at 5:54 PM

"Um... I think we're in the middle of the ocean." Gracie says.

1,478 posts

arcana • 24 August 2019 at 5:56 PM

"Very true. Is there any sign of land or anything that indicates civilization around us?" Lark fumbles in her pockets and her bag for her phone, but comes up empty-handed.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 24 August 2019 at 5:57 PM

Three of the others had woken up. “Who are you guys?” Sky asked.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 24 August 2019 at 6:05 PM

"I'm Gracie Haumm. You can just call me Gracie. " She said.