⊶ Prairie's Halloween 2020 Wiggit Raffle! Entrees CLOSED⊷

in User Contests & Giveaways

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 October 2020 at 2:58 PM

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

H A L L O W E E N ⋯ 2 0 2 0 ⋯ R A F F L E

Hello my Halloween-loving friends!
It's that time of the year again here on Eggcave, and I'm holding another Wiggit raffle!

^⍙o
(・ω・)
/-..\

What are the Rules?
∘ to enter you must tell me your idea for a social-distancing Halloween.
(be it watching movies at home, or creative ways of giving trick-or-treater's candy)
∘ Please ping me, as I might loose your entree with the rest!!
∘ entrees will be closed on Oct. 18th at 11pm ECT, so ping friends!
∘ of course, only enter your main.
∘ Everyone will get a number, 1, 2 ,ect as you are entered.
∘ winner will be announced on Halloween (Oct 31st), sorry for the wait time

≫Failure to do the above = you not being entered in the raffle≪

How will the Winner be Determined?
I'll be using a list randomizer where I enter in all the assigned numbers.

∴ Deadline to enter the contest is subject to change if there are not enough people ∴
∴ cap is 100 entrees per raffle ∴

^⍙o
(・ω・)
/-..\
Happy Halloween!

ENTREES FOR WIGGIT
1. cleokitty
2. izziebee1017
3. murmurw
4. lexicon
5. pouncessoftly
6. musical_slytherclaw
7. jirachiwishmaker
8. distorted
9. nut
10. lokisonoflaufey
11. skymoare
12. lisa1321
13. ravensong
14. pwuffy
15. yogurt
16. totallynotjoey
17. lunacharm1037
18. blizzards
19. justagiannamoment
20. osean
21. iris1929578
22. izziedragon
23. marythebeast
24. anarchy
25. thesharkdude
26. raccoon
27. emo_pattys
28. seoramen
29. lothar
30. laylamocha
31. dragiigy
32. loumina28
33. dreamii
34. golden_leaf
35. poe
36. pipkitten
37. bunnyshadow
38. chapus
39. kelpie

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 2 October 2020 at 3:42 PM

@prairie
😃 Thank you for hosting, you rock!! Happy scary season! ❤️

I had an idea for trick or treating with only household members (safe, only people you interact with on a daily basis)!! I was thinking it could be like Easter, but spooky! You get dark-themed plastic hollow eggs, and fill them with either candy or tricks (Like a little rubber spider!)! Then you could hide them around the house (and yard if you have one)!
I think doing a scary candy hunt would be really fun!! c:

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 October 2020 at 3:49 PM

@cleokitty
Happy month of the spooks!

I love your idea! That is super fun!!
entered!

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 2 October 2020 at 5:05 PM

@prairie
I'd love to enter!

I'm going to be watching spooky movies with my family as well as wearing costumes and making treats together. 😊

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 October 2020 at 5:13 PM

@izziebee1017
Entered!
Movies are always fun!

Female
968 posts

murmurw • 2 October 2020 at 5:26 PM

@prairie
Hi! Thank you for doing this!
In my family, we often don't go trick-or-treating, & instead stay at home, me & my sister help with making food (because we invite friends over to eat & so there's a lot of things going on in the kitchen & later facetime our relatives around 8 in the night). This year probably won't be any different but we'll be watching movies (my mom likes watching zombie movies so she'll be searching for some new ones) & there's also T.V. shows me & my sister like to watch. One is a Chinese show & it's like an escape room thing, this year, the season is all spooky/scary, so I'm looking forward to watching it😊

Female
1,728 posts

lexicon • 2 October 2020 at 5:48 PM

@prairie

Thanks for hosting❤️. I think it's really fun (and safe) to do Halloween crafts! You can do them by yourself or with others in your home. I made a fun autumn garland with plastic pumpkins, orange/brown/black yarn, and ribbon with bats on them! I also made some origami bats and hung them upside down on my windows 😊

Some pings:
@lokisonoflaufey
@pouncessoftly
@musical_slytherclaw
@surgeon

Female
493 posts

pouncessoftly • 2 October 2020 at 6:08 PM

@prairie

Thank you for hosting this! =) In the development where we live, we are putting together little goodie bags to set out at the end of the driveways so the kiddos can safely social distance and still get to sort of trick or treat. Since we live in deep south TX, Covid is still pretty bad, and we are trying to make it a fun little thing. 😊

@lexicon - ty so much for the ping!

Couple pings - I hope you don't mind! 😸
@lonewolf
@fishplant

Female
1,115 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 2 October 2020 at 6:25 PM

@prairie
Thank you so much for hosting! I'm spending this Halloween with my friends again; we're going to this open field near my school to have a sort of Halloween picnic, where we're going to trade candy (more like Christmas now that I think about it), make decorations, and just catch up. We used to picnic a lot together before, and we all love Halloween, so we're going birdwatching in one of the large parks near us (one of my friend is a huge bird nerd), and then to the carnival, where there are sure to be lots of pumpkins. 😋

Thank you for the ping! @lexicon ❤️

Pings
@distorted
@jb092

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 2 October 2020 at 6:42 PM

@prairie

I would like to enter because I think I got a good idea, it's how I used to see families celebrate birthday parties and such. And the bigger the area the better the distance they can be apart. For the halloween event best way to social distance is holding the party at a pretty big area like a gym, community center, or at a nearby park. The kids can be told to get their candies in candy buckets and you should have jack o lanterns right next to the buckets. You can have people eating at the event as long as they're willing to eat seperately and if they bring blankets they could sit on the ground to eat their food. If the area is big enough to hold games for the kids to play they can make small booths and have apple dunking, fishing, pinata, tossing games, etc. For prizes you can always get those seasonal halloween items like stickers, pencils, pens, erasers, or you can find good prizes online shopping on Amazon, or at Oriental Trading Co. You can hold a costume contest and have several place winners up to 5th if you're able to get bigger prizes for them like stuffed animals. Also, you should offer to give free face masks for everyone if they don't have any to wear. Another thing is if you really want to be germ free you can have all people that are working at the party wear some sort of plastic gloves when passing out prizes and serving food. And make hand sanitizer stations on small tables so people can go there and clean their hands before claiming prizes grabbing their candies and their food. So I guess you'd have to find some pretty big hand sanitize bottles. I think I got it all covered as I'd always hear the same things mentioned over and over again like social distance, face mask, and sanitize your hands. And the stores are all restocked with face masks and hand sanitizer so you'll never have to worry about not having enough of anything to keep everyone safe. Just let families know to use the sanitize stations as much as they need to before grabbing and touching things especially when they're playing with their friends the games you know how kids touch each other by holding hands, or trade candies with each other. You don't need much for decoration, unless you want to hang a happy halloween banner somewhere, put fancy halloween table cloths, halloween skulls, or skeleton props, and halloween themed candles where everyone will eat.

@flamingtrashcan
@hocuspocus
@theposiden649
@lexicon
@ravensong

Non-binary
1,070 posts

distorted • 2 October 2020 at 6:46 PM

@prairie Coolio! I would like to enter!
So I might just make cookies or watch anime during halloween. Pretty uneventful :/
@musical_slytherclaw Thankz for the ping!

719 posts

nut • 2 October 2020 at 8:56 PM

@prairie I'd love to enter! ❤️ thank you for hosting.

honestly i forgot about halloween, probably blocked it out bc i do not get the chance to be an irresponsible college student with a baseball bat this year. (my go-to costume is Ness from earthbound lol)

this year i will probably be at home watching movies with my cat, whose costume is his bread collar (google 'bread cat', that's exactly what my cat looks like haha)

pings:
@lisa1321 @lunacharm1037 @qtpie7

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 2 October 2020 at 9:06 PM

@lexicon thanks for the ping!

@prairie

Hmm, I think our plan this year for a socially distanced Halloween is to buy a bag of candy and wait until Halloween night to break into it. Nothing too crazy. Maybe a spooky movie.
Typically, even before all this virus madness, I'd make a costume for myself, post pics online, then hang out with my family for the rest of the night. The last couple of years when I felt too blah to participate, I just have a friend over to drink sangria and watch horror films, lol. I think this year my friend might come over (after fully disinfecting herself) to do this again. We'll see c:

Thanks for hosting this!

@mithmel
@valorie100
@tetromino
@sleepy_hollow
@cleokitty

2,892 posts

skymoare • 2 October 2020 at 9:27 PM

@prairie

Thank you for hosting! Mind if I enter? ❤️

For Halloween this year, I'll probably be gathered with family. Eat a good dinner together and watch a movie XD.

Female
409 posts

lisa1321 • 2 October 2020 at 9:37 PM

@prairie

this is super cool! Id love to enter!

For trick or treating, we were thinking of making it like an Easter egg hunt for my siblings and family. We would have them all dress up and hide little bags of candy all over the yard and house so they can still go out and walk around!

pings:
@pwuffy
@whitefall
@wilde

316 posts

ravensong • 2 October 2020 at 9:45 PM

@prairie
Halloween social-distancing...hmmm...we could do a virtual trick-or-treat so nobody would get cavities. Obviously parents could offer carrot sticks as a reward at the end of the night.
Actually, we usually go around and ring doorbells and leave candy at our friend's doorsteps. That way we don't have contact with them so...what if neighbors just bought a bag of candy and left it at the person's house next door to the right with a note. That way neighbors who've never bothered to meet could actually meet for the first time! IDK, I'm on a liquid diet so I think a can of soup would be a nice treat as well.

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 2 October 2020 at 9:51 PM

@lisa1321 thanks for the ping 😃

@prairie i'm not really sure yet what my family is doing for halloween! the past few years we have been staying home anyway so maybe we will just hang out with some candy and watch a movie together or something ^^ thank you for hosting this!

@surgeon

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 2 October 2020 at 10:20 PM

@prairie I cant wait to watch movies like hocus pocus, twitches, and Halloween town XD they really make me so happy.

Thanks for the raffle. 😃

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 2 October 2020 at 10:56 PM

@prairie Happy Spooktober!! With covid being the same as ever, I thought it would be fun to celebrate the holiday safely by having a Halloween themed photoshoot somewhere secluded with family or friends! If I were living in a place that celebrates Halloween properly those is definitely something I would do 😊

Thanks for hosting!

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 3 October 2020 at 11:05 AM

@prairie
I'd love to join. I don't get many kids here at Halloween. I live at the end of a (dead end) road about 1 mile from the main road. lol This year I'll put a plastic pumpkin on a bale of hay in my front yard & fill it with snacks. After that I'll eat all the left over candy LOL

@nut thanks for the ping

Female
114 posts

blizzards • 3 October 2020 at 12:06 PM

@prairie
I'd LOVE to join! I have a ok idea i guess...ok so i got this enormous plastic pumpkin a couple of days ago and I'm going to fill it with candy fruits and stuff. Thanks for hosting so much!!

Female
2,158 posts

Female
99 posts

justagiannamoment • 4 October 2020 at 11:52 AM

@prairie

This Halloween my bestie and I are going to have an outdoor movie night! My dad set up a rig for a projector screen outside! We are going to watch hocus pocus and beetle juice and have fall/Halloween themed snacks!

Thank you so hosting!

Female
118 posts

osean • 4 October 2020 at 5:57 PM

@prairie
This year we will buy candy and watch movies. Thanks for hosting

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 4 October 2020 at 8:47 PM

@prairie

thanks for hosting! i think we'll just make costumes, take some pictures in them, and eat a bunch of candy, and maybe also reuse the costumes for next year since we won't get to show them off ☹️

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 5 October 2020 at 10:31 PM

@justagiannamoment @osean @iris1929578

All entered! 😃

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 5 October 2020 at 10:46 PM

@prairie I'll be using my plague doctor costume to social distance and hand out candy. Mask? Check. Gloves? Check. Children scared to get too close? ....Check.

So kind of you to host this contest ❤️

Female
216 posts

marythebeast • 6 October 2020 at 7:26 PM

@prairie
I would like to enter please!!

For this Halloween, I hope to go trick or treating with my dog for the first time. Got him during quarantine, probably going to get him a hot dog costume. Probably going to involve gloves and definitely a mask and avoiding crowds. I expect people answering the door to have gloves and mask on.

Thank you for hosting!

1,032 posts

anarchy • 9 October 2020 at 11:17 AM

@prairie Heya, I'd love to enter if you're still open ^^

I've got no concrete plans yet for actual Halloween day, but for this entire month my friends and I have been doing a 31 Days of Halloween project where we watch a different horror movie or play a different horror game every day on Discord stream/call so we can get spooked together by the scary ones and laugh at the cheesy ones. Today's movie is The Babysitter: Killer Queen on Netflix.

Thanks for hosting!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 9 October 2020 at 11:59 AM

@izziedragon @marythebeast @anarchy
All entered!