+ WINNERS DRAWN OUT PLEASE CHECK + ♥ Rayun Christmas Giveaway ♥

in User Contests & Giveaways

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 14 December 2016 at 3:40 PM

@leafmelody In our family, Christmas is a collage of food, friendship, and compassion. We like to eat tamales on Christmas Eve. In the morning, we eat waffles. Also, since I've joined EggCave, giving brings a gift to both of us. Hope you have a great Christmas!

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 14 December 2016 at 3:56 PM

@leafmelody

Oh man, where do I begin? Christmas is my favorite holiday and has been ever since I was little. Although I'm not a fan of winter because of the cold, Christmas always seems to make up for it!

My family has a tradition that every year around Christmas, we make Christmas cookies with friends that we've known since pretty much forever! The adults usually make the batter while the kids lick the dough off the spoons and extra cookie dough from the bowl. Then once baked, the kids decorate them with icing and sprinkles. It gets really messy! XD

For me, Christmas usually means travelling. This is probably my favorite part! Well, except for the packing, I'm so unorganized! 😋 But besides that, it's the best part!

The food is something to look forward to as well. We eat until we can't anymore and joke how we should have given gym memberships to each other as presents. It's really a sight to see! XD
Hot chocolate is always the main drink, or at least for me, and then my stomach always hurts from all the marshmallows and whip cream I add, but it's worth it!

My mom makes is amazing popcorn and so we make a huge bag of it! Then we watch Christmas movies like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. We also watch holiday TV shows, Cake Wars Christmas being my favorite. We pretend we're the judges and it's funny to see how different everyone's opinion is.

And of course, it's a time when the family can get together! Even if that means my grandparents telling me I've grown up so much even though I saw them a couple weeks ago. 😋

Overall, Christmas just gets me giddy each year. From the holiday songs on the radio to trying not to laugh at my sister when she cries because she has to take a picture with Santa, it really is the most wonderful time of the year! 😃

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 14 December 2016 at 4:23 PM

@leafmelody

I'd like to join! 😃

I love Christmas for many different reasons. I love seeing the looks on my family and friends when they open their gifts from me. 😸 I love watching the snow fall and drinking hot cocoa. There's a smell of mint in the air, and you snuggle up under blankets and watch movies. You eat cookies with loved ones. Every morning I wake up and eat a piece of candy out of our old Advent Calendar. And of course there's lots of cool things that happen on EggCave around Christmas! XD Starbucks has lots of delicious drinks, and my classmates wear ugly sweaters. I love seeing my cats venture outside to see the snow, and immediately run back through the door. Everyone's cheeks and noses are rosy red. The trees are all bare except for the evergreens that continue to thrive. My sister and I always love breaking the icicles off of the cars and our house, and we get a new ornament for our Christmas tree every December. Jingly Christmas music is always echoing around the walls, and it's just generally a cheery time.

Until you get sick. XD 😋

2,892 posts

skymoare • 14 December 2016 at 4:34 PM

@leafmelody

Can I join?

I love Christmas since I get to spend time with my dad and set up the Christmas tree. It is a time to have fun. And have family and friends come over. The fluffy white snow is the best part! Having snowball fights! Christmas is so much fun!

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 14 December 2016 at 4:46 PM

@leafmelody

I know I won't get it :c but I'm entering anyways xD well good luck to me

Christmas is so awesome! The time of year when you get the best gifts. Even though it doesn't snow here, I can still imagine it at Christmas parties and such! One of my friends friends parties even had real snow and reindeer! It will get cold, so hot cocoa is soooo "da bomb!" Best part is trying to catch santa or opening presents 😉
@slyrioulu
You need to write about why u likeChristmas 😊

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 14 December 2016 at 4:53 PM

@anthesia
Do you wanna join? ❤️
@gogetavegito2498
@clarityxx
@lilminxy_
@skyfall4
@dariely3
@poptarts
@flowerlynx
@valorie100
@enderwolf
@slyriolu
@jellifysh
@pitch1226
@izziebee1017
@valleries1
@icesparkle22
All entering, wow 😃

Deleted • 14 December 2016 at 4:59 PM

@leafmelody

^^ It's fine, thanks for pinging me ❤️
I feel like other people should get a better chance since I already have one c:

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 14 December 2016 at 5:03 PM

@anthesia
Awww that's so generous of you ❤️
Pings:
@chicachicken
@valleries1
@lucie1677
@tertals

Female
495 posts

lucie1677 • 14 December 2016 at 5:12 PM

@leafmelody

i probs won't get it but i'll enter XD

I love Christmas because its a time to have fun and ease up if anything bad has happened, its a time where you give and get joy by giving and receiving gifts, you can meet up with family that you might not see very often, there are many things to do on christmas! sometimes i can't comprehend the things i get and do!

( hope this wasn't too bad XD )

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 14 December 2016 at 5:14 PM

@lucie1677
Adding 😃
Pings:
@wild_wonders
@summer_Dreams
@clarityxx

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 14 December 2016 at 6:19 PM

@leafmelody

Can I join?

1.) Christmas is full of happiness and cheers!
2.) Christmas is in winter with snow!! 😃
3.) In Christmas we get to spend time with family!
4.) Christmas has very few problems to deal with, I'm quite lucky! 😸
5.) Christmas is a time to relax and have fun!!

Agender
147 posts

pufferheart • 14 December 2016 at 6:31 PM

@leafmelody

I would like to join.

My favorite thing about Christmas is spending time with family and my cat.

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 14 December 2016 at 6:31 PM

@popcornflakes
Adding 😃

Pings:
@kutiekat3
@rainbowfantasy
@cguo7

EDIT:
Adding you @pufferheart 😊

Female
677 posts

myriadium • 14 December 2016 at 6:36 PM

@leafmelody
Sign me up! TYSM for hosting this thing. You are too nice.

I love Christmas. I don't celebrate Christmas but I love how happy every one is during the holidays. Seeing everyone smile in Christmas movies makes me SO happy. I'm just like, "I hope the rest of your life can be one big Christmas celebration." I can't find happiness during Christmastime alone because we don't celebrate it, but I watch movies and generally have a chill time. 😊
Lol, one day when I was really small, I found a Christmas card, and, being the terrible poet I am, wrote a poem in it. It didn't really go so well ^^'' I remember one of the lines: "No one was sad, not even a dime" Ahh, reading that makes me cringe lolol

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 14 December 2016 at 6:37 PM

@greengrass100100
Adding now 😃

Pings:
@az3396123
@veritaspunk
@dragonii

Female
469 posts

anniee • 14 December 2016 at 6:38 PM

@leafmelody Hi leaf, sorry to be a bother, but I just saw that my name isn't in the list of participants. Can you add me back in please? ^-^ Thanks!

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 14 December 2016 at 6:40 PM

@anniee
Oh whoops so sorry DX I'll add you now 😃 Thank you for pointing that out to me 😊

Female
67 posts

az3396123 • 14 December 2016 at 6:42 PM

I love Christmas because we don't have school. It is also the time where my family actually pays more attention to me and buys almost what ever I want. They don't pay attention to me other times of the year because I have a little sister.Since we don't have snow here, we go to Big Bear.

Thanks for pinging me!

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 14 December 2016 at 6:47 PM

@az3396123
Adding 😃

Pings:
@izziebee1017
@dragonkeeper
@birdboysplace

Deleted • 14 December 2016 at 6:50 PM

@leafmelody
Can I plz enter?

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 14 December 2016 at 6:51 PM

@rainbowfantasy
Ya sure 😃 Adding now 😃

Female
36 posts

cguo7 • 14 December 2016 at 7:01 PM

@leafmelody

HI! ❤️ Can I join too? 😸

My favourite thing about Christmas is that I get to spend time with my family. 😊

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 14 December 2016 at 7:02 PM

@cguo7
Adding!

Pings:
@pitch1226
@runa
@carter

Female
36 posts

cguo7 • 14 December 2016 at 7:03 PM

@leafmelody

Thanks! ❤️

280 posts

333 • 14 December 2016 at 7:03 PM

@leafmelody
Hey hey hey! 😃

I love Christmas because of all the stuff that goes on. Like, people being generally happier than usual, and all the giving and receiving gifts. Even if the gift isn't so great, but it's always the thought that counts, right? People always seem to put more thought into Christmas gifts than anything else. Also, there is good food. Also, I think one of the things in the world that makes me happiest is looking in my stocking in the morning. For some reason I always get an apricot.

Merry Christmas to all you little peanuts.

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 14 December 2016 at 7:04 PM

@333
Adding 😃

Pings:
@mastergemma
@senpai
@ushafuse

Male
463 posts

castielkix • 14 December 2016 at 7:06 PM

I won't be joining XD (I have like a 1 in a billion chance of winning anything XD)

Male
252 posts

pbarr • 14 December 2016 at 7:06 PM

@leafmelody

Ahh this is so generous of you to do! Wishing you an awesome Christmas this year (and hopefully every year after haha) 😊

I love Christmas because it's one of the few times of the year when everyone can get together and just talk. There's no stress from school or work, and we can all laugh and be together. It's one of my favorite holidays because you can stay inside, safe from the cold weather, where it's all warm and cozy with your friends and family. I like seeing people's faces light up when they open presents. It's almost like everyone turns back into a kid during Christmas, and it really makes me happy.

Again, I hope you have a great Christmas, thanks for hosting this. 😃

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 14 December 2016 at 7:08 PM

@pbarr
Adding 😃
@runa
Awwww okay then D:

Non-binary
3,331 posts

carter • 14 December 2016 at 7:18 PM

@leafmelody
There's a lot of good things about the holidays to be honest. In general, people tend to be a lot more giving (not everyone, sure, but enough to have a little bit more faith in humanity). Everyone kind of generally accepts that for a lot of people, it's a really special time. That can of course put some pressure on people, and some don't enjoy the holidays but to each their own, right? Everyone celebrates their own thing and some don't celebrate at all. Those that do however, I think can agree that there's a child-like giddy-ness that comes with the season (rather it lasts all season or just happens on Christmas morning/the day(s) of whatever holiday you happen to celebrate!)
Yeah it's stressful, you probably have to deal with family members you'd rather not, and you may not get exactly what you asked for - but the holidays are the holidays. Every year we hear the same songs, re-live the same traditions (If you have them), and by the end of it we're all probably ready for the weather to warm up (or cool down depending on where you live). Given the chance though, I'm sure a lot of us wouldn't change a thing.

Everyone, enjoy what you celebrate if you do, and have a great rest of the year ❤️