Creature Suggestion: Glorita (nature/season-themed)

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Glorita (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
250 posts

ifi123 • 28 February 2017 at 7:43 PM

#creaturesuggestion #magicalskies #Twiggy

Hiya! So this is a collaboration between me and @skyfall4 (who worked with me on the idea/description, and not to mention actually *drew* the creature!)

Image (by @skyfall4, who also came up with the name 😃): https://68.media.tumblr.com/0f997b5fc184d006cf30db9da7b88363/tumblr_olyvpuzZ7m1vtgu33o1_400.jpg

Egg
Glorita eggs are most commonly found amongst large patches of flowers in the more rural areas of Ark. Because of their minuscule size and incredible lightness, they can often be seen sitting right in the center of the daintiest of flowers. Glorita eggs are typically quite temperamental; they only ever hatch in autumn, more specifically on the day of the fall equinox. Researchers at the SAR center believe that both the temperature and the amount of moonlight in the day has some affect on the hatching time of Glorita eggs.

The actual larvae of a Glorita can be seen through shell of the egg, which has a pair of wing-like appendages attached to it. These "wings" seem to be simply ornamental for the most part. They are also highly fragile and may easily break away with a simple touch.

Creature
The Glorita is a charming little butterfly with a fairly fickle spirit that changes with the seasons, quite visibly so at that. In autumn, when the egg first hatches, the Glorita emerges with a beautiful array of red, maple leaf-like wings. Once winter swings around, don't be alarmed when the Glorita's leafy wings molt and are replaced by gossamer, icy blue wings that appear to have been carved out of crystal. The Glorita's final transformation occurs at the brink of spring, when its wintery wings gradually fade from blue to a wonderfully vivid array of floral colors. At this point, its newly blossomed wings appear like stained-glass, and can actually reflect colorful beams of light. The Glorita often remains in this stage all throughout both spring and summer.

The Glorita is excellent at camouflage, and thereby quite difficult to find. This isn't helped by the fact that they're also fairly shy, and so they make nearly no attempt to be seen in the first place. If a Glorita does approach you, and you offer them kindness and patience, you'll soon have a new little friend who won't flitter very far from your side. To befriend a Glorita is considered to be a sign that one is kind-spirited and big-hearted.

Guys, what do you think??? @wildirishrubyrose @shun-m @bingo @leafmelody

Sky, wanna add anything?

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 28 February 2017 at 7:44 PM

@ifi123
It still says Morphis! Wrong name! XD

*Big Smiles* That's me! ^^ The artist! 😋
Glorita name origin: the language is Latin, Gloria=butterfly, and Mutata=changing (like the changing seasons) and mashed them together!

So, some color schemes:
Egg~ Aerlo colored, the little creature silhouette is shaded, and the wings.... golden?

Autumn: Fiery reds and oranges, like the maple leaf.

Winter: Sparkly blue/silver/clear. Just like frost ^^

Spring/summer: I suppose the wing contour could be black or another dark color, whereas the stained glass like parts of the wings would be, well, brightly colored!

The Glorita's body would be black, and the 2 round, curious eyes would remain white, for the fact that I find it cute XD

It would be a nice 💵 critter, but cave monthly would be nice as well! ^^

@lightningpaws @momokie

Female
250 posts

ifi123 • 28 February 2017 at 7:47 PM

@skyfall4

Gack! Fixed! Nice catch! XD

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 28 February 2017 at 7:50 PM

@ifi123 @skyfall4

Oh I love it so much!!!

@ian get a look at this!! Its precious ♡

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 28 February 2017 at 7:53 PM

MORE PINGS:
@lightningpaws
@momokie
@wild_wonders
@Ian.... lookie here! Like momokie said.... 😋

Mods, take a look? 😊
@April__
@mastergemma
@Orderedchaos
@Jazzyleia
Sorry if you don't like the pings- just thought that it would be nice to get your opinion! ^^

❤️

Female
216 posts

wildirishrubyrose • 28 February 2017 at 8:25 PM

@ian @ifi123 @skyfall4

LOL IFFY I'M RUBBING OFF ON YOU AGAIN!!! ("Gack!")

But okay, back to the pretty creature! YESSSS! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this happen!!! @ian

I love it so much and the description was so amazing!!!! I saw how long it is and was like uggg I don't wanna, but then I started reading and it was actually really very enjoyable - and intriguing - to read!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!

Also, OHMYGOSH IFFY I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! YOUR FIRST CREATURE SUGGESTION!!!!!!!!

#LilRed

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 28 February 2017 at 8:29 PM

@wildirishrubyrose
*smiles* I'm so glad I helped @ifi123 make her first suggestion! 😱

@cloudslay3r, @izziebee1017, @leafstarofskyclan, @flowerlynx, @ammolite

Deleted • 28 February 2017 at 8:36 PM

@ifi123

absolutely adorable ❤️

And this definitely would be a cute CSP XD

Female
216 posts

wildirishrubyrose • 28 February 2017 at 8:39 PM

@skyfall4 I am too!!!! Thank you!!! You do know she never ever would have submitted one on her own, even if she had created every last detail for one, right?

Edit: Adding pings! So so so so sorry if you don't like pings - I'm too excited to take the time to check individual profiles for preferences!!!

EDIT: (Again) Well I guess it would probably help if I actually ADDED the actual pings, right?

@cutiecupcake @_black3333_ @lovelikewoe19 @ladybugheart @crunchyoreo25 @mairbear @novrain62 @cinderheart999 @pawsitivelybuggy @ajzephyros @binakin @flyingvixen @kat-chan @kazumiizumi @leafmelody @leafstarofskyclan @moonki @nboez @orchids @silvershadow @spiritkeeper5 @muppet @armageddondoll

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 28 February 2017 at 8:41 PM

@lightningpaws
CSP? Whoa! Big honor XD 😋

@wildirishrubyrose
Really? I'm so honored! *bows deeply* you have 99 posts.... XD

Female
250 posts

ifi123 • 28 February 2017 at 8:41 PM

@momokie @lightningpaws

Yay!!!! Thanks so much! I described it kinda vaguely to @skyfall4 and she just drew it so beautifully!

@wildirishrubyrose

I'm so excited!!!! Seriously though, Sky is *such* an amazing artist, you have no idea! We actually have a second suggestion coming soon and they way she drew it was so amazing!!!

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 28 February 2017 at 8:44 PM

*honored bow *
@ifi123! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ such an amazing writer!

Female
250 posts

ifi123 • 28 February 2017 at 9:26 PM

More pings! (I'm so sorry if I'm bothering you guys! xC )

@egglove1 @iridescence @lykhaos117 @flowerlynx @chicachicken

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 28 February 2017 at 9:44 PM

@ifi123
I love the description! It is very detailed, as well as precise. I can't see the picture, but I'm sure that is awesome too! It is an amazing idea for a creature.

Female
250 posts

ifi123 • 28 February 2017 at 9:46 PM

@flowerlynx

Wow thank you so much! I was worried about how I'd written it (if it would sound strange/silly), so I'm so glad you like it! ❤️ And yes, @skyfall4's drawing of it is so detailed/on-point! 😸

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 28 February 2017 at 9:51 PM

@ifi123
Awesome! I do hope it becomes a creature- I'd definetely like some of those guys. 😸

Female
250 posts

ifi123 • 28 February 2017 at 10:01 PM

Last pings for now! (Again, I apologize if I'm annoying any of you :c )

@mairbear @novrain62 @leafstarofskyclan @ricefishie

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 28 February 2017 at 10:28 PM

@ifi123
@skyfall4

Nice! I think the concept's interesting, and I think all the stages would look very pretty with the named color schemes. 😊

Female
250 posts

ifi123 • 1 March 2017 at 12:16 AM

@lykhaos117

Thank you! I'm glad you like the idea 😊 I agree, I think the colors @skyfall4 suggested would turn out lovely 😸

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 1 March 2017 at 3:36 AM

@ifi123
Cute 😊 I don't read descriptions thou XD You can only ping 5 people at once thou :/
@wildirishrubyrose
Yea you can only ping 5 people at once ^^;

Deleted • 1 March 2017 at 4:09 AM

@ifi123
@skyfall4

great job, you two! ❤️ i'm not really a fan of insects because i'm scared of them in rl lmao but this one is cute! i can see this as an event critter, or maybe for crw?? HAHAHA

Deleted • 1 March 2017 at 6:33 AM

@ifi123 it's cute, might want one 😃

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 1 March 2017 at 7:11 AM

@ifi123 @skyfall4

I love it! ❤️

Female
452 posts

karakia • 1 March 2017 at 7:53 AM

@ifi123 @skyfall4

Really cute and interesting!! ^-^ Good luck on getting it made ❤️ ^^

Female
216 posts

wildirishrubyrose • 1 March 2017 at 8:26 AM

@leafmelody Baggggggh, seriously??? Well, here goes lots of posts - at least it'll add to my post count!

@muppet @moonki @armageddondoll @leafstarofskyclan

I'll add more later!

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 1 March 2017 at 10:18 AM

@shun-m
Thanks! Lmao, I'm afraid of insects as well XD except butterflies, unless they are in near proximity of your face XD

3,399 posts

bun • 1 March 2017 at 7:40 PM

@ifi123 @skyfall4
Lovely suggestion! * ^ * I love the details on the egg stage, and the changing between seasons idea is really neat (and those stained glass window-like wings would be awesome to see on a creature).

Just want to make sure, those little arms on each stage below the eyes are, in fact, arms, right? :'D The arms on the spring / summer one looked like fangs at first OTL

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 1 March 2017 at 7:45 PM

@_black3333_
Yeah, those are arms XD

Thank you! ❤️ 😊

Female
57 posts

jjlapple • 11 April 2017 at 7:59 PM

Sounds so cute!

Female
1,783 posts