The Beasts Academy Roleplay

in Roleplaying

1,327 posts

bgunny • 29 December 2019 at 4:21 PM

In the Dryagia kingdom, there is a school called the Beasts Academy. The purpose of this school is to choose gifted individuals and train them. The training here is different than an average academy. The students have to bond with a wild and untamed mythical creature, otherwise known as a beast. They will then train to work as a team, learn to hone in their powers, fight, and other necessary skills. From there, they will be given missions to serve their kingdom.

It is an honor to be chosen for the Beasts Academy, and every 20 years, children from all over the kingdom gather to the capital to see if they will be called upon to join the next group. The next Chosen Day is upon us. Everyone is buzzing with excitement. The same questions rings in everyone’s heads. Who will be chosen this time?

Rules

- No Mary/Gary Sues, Godmodding, or Powerplaying
- Please have good grammar.
- Don't do anything big that will affect the plot without talking to me first.
-Crushes and mild violence are allowed, but make sure to always follow Eggcave rules.
-Stay active and post. This roleplay depends on that. Of course, I understand if life becomes busy and you can’t post for a few days.

Students
Agnimitra Keir Morrigan ❈ Female ❈ 16 ❈ Elf ❈ @bgunny
Lalitya Blaz Parvath ❈ Male ❈ 17 ❈ Human ❈ bgunny
Luna Moor ❈ Female ❈ 15 ❈ Human ❈ @galaxyleopard
Yoshino Fidochi ❈ Female ❈ 13 ❈ Half-Elf ❈ @valleries1
Felix Arwyn ❈ Male ❈ 16 ❈ Elf ❈ @shadowdragon28
Aria Shadow ❈ Female ❈ 17 ❈ Half-Elf ❈ @wingedfox
Asteria Pearlsmouth ❈ Female ❈ 15 ❈ Half-Elf ❈ @arcana
Clythia Valley Urcyrm ❈ Female ❈ 14 ❈ Half-Elf ❈ @asrieldreemurr
Mikel Diarmada ❈ Male ❈ 17 ❈ Human ❈ @summerglow4a
Alina Thunder ❈ Female ❈ 16 ❈ Human ❈ @lyra-nyx
Patience Sterling Ilrune ❈ Female ❈ 13 ❈ Elf ❈ asrieldreemurr

Beasts
Mistral ❈ Male ❈ 168 ❈ Faerie Dragon ❈ bgunny
Ilona ❈ Female ❈ 200 ❈ Winged Wolf ❈ bgunny
Blazeshadow ❈ Male ❈ 23 ❈ Tiger Dragon ❈ valleries1
Wispen ❈ Female ❈ 12 ❈ Dragon ❈ galaxyleopard
Rin ❈ Female ❈ 15 ❈ Qilin ❈ shadowdragon28
Fedele ❈ Male ❈ 14 ❈ Cat/Falcon❈ wingedfox
Zayaoji ❈ Male ❈ 5 ❈ Ancient Phoenix ❈ arcana
Nocturne ❈ Female ❈ ? ❈ Dragon ❈ asrieldreemurr
Cerynitis ❈ Female ❈ ? ❈ Cerynitis ❈ summerglow4a
Faldiar Macon ❈ Male ❈ ? ❈ Timber Wolf ❈ lyra-nyx
Elyth ❈ Male ❈ 268 ❈ Griffin ❈ asrieldreemurr

Bed Arrangements

Girl’s Room 1:
Bed 1: Luna
Bed 2: Asteria
Bed 3: Alina
Bed 4: Patience

Girl’s Room 2:
Bed 1: Agnimitra
Bed 2: Yoshino
Bed 3: Aria
Bed 4: Clythia

Boy’s Room:
It doesn’t really matter, since they’re all in the same room. No confusion there.

The Roleplay is starting!

You are in the capital now. There is a large crowd. The Choosing Ceremony is about to start…

Agnimitra

“What if one of us gets hurt or lost, and we’re separated?"

A Memory:

”So, when we get chosen for Beasts Academy-“

“If we get chosen, Lal; we’re not sure if we will get accepted yet. That’s why we’re becoming knights as a fail safe.” Agnimitra sat on a log next to her best friend in their usual meet up spot. They were in a foresty area by a lake.

“When we get chosen,” Lal repeated, giving his friend a pointed glance, “do you think we’ll make a bunch of friends?”

“Probably.” There was silence as a thought flew into the elf’s mind. “We’ll still be friends, right? No matter how many friends we make, we won’t forget that we’re best friends?”

“Of course not! Stop worrying all the time, Gem. It doesn’t matter how many friends I make. I’ll still never forget you!” Lal smiled at Agnimitra and then began talking again. The elf talked and chimed in a lot, but she still could not beat her chatterbox of a friend. “What type of beast do you want? I don’t care what I get, as long as it can’t fly.”

“I want a beast that can fly! Then we’ll be able to soar high in the sky and forget our worries.” Agnimitra threw her hands up in the air like she was already in the sky. Lal started to shake his head.

“No! You don’t want to be that high up!” Lal began to tell the young elf the horrors of being high in the sky. Her eyes widened with each sentence he uttered. When he was finally finished, she was staring into the lake with a fearful gaze.

“You know… you can be so mean sometimes.”

I shake my head to clear my thoughts, lean against a building to calm myself down. Memories, I hated them. They just kept me from moving on. And I needed to move on. I wasn’t doing this for his empty promise. I was doing this because I needed to get away from everything. I place my hoodie over my head and push through the crowd. All these people bursting with excitement. The teenagers were all were hoping for a chance to be chosen for the Beasts Academy. There were so many of them. The chances of being chosen were slim… No, I was going to be chosen. There was no other option for me. If not… I wasn’t sure what I would do. I needed to get away from my family. I needed to move on from my past.

But, will you? You run from your family. You run from your responsibilities. You run from your memories. That’s a lot of running. Can you really run from it all? I sigh at my dark thoughts. I had to. I didn’t have a choice. I was committed to this now. I couldn’t stop. I wouldn’t stop. I’d rather run myself dry than face what I was running from. I manage to shove my way to the front of the crowd. There was a raised platform. Leaders or legends of the Beasts Academy were seated in chairs. The Headmaster’s chair was empty. Her arrival would mean the start of the ceremony. The King and Queen of Dryagia Kingdom and their children were also absent, but an announcement had already been made not to expect their entrance. There had been murmurs of disappointment among the crowd, though no one was surprised. The Montel royal family was very reserved. They didn’t attend many public events, even one as important as the Choosing Ceremony.

I wait somewhat impatiently for the Headmaster. Even with all my talk about needing to get accepted, I had my doubts. I wouldn’t be alone like I had the past few weeks. I’d be stuck with a team. People might pry into my business or worse: try to make friends with me. I wasn’t sure how I would cope with that. It was way better than being taken back to my old life, looking at it from my more desperate side. And besides, it’d be easy to show the other teammates to leave me alone. The only matter was whether or not they would listen. If… he had been around still… he would never leave me alone… I blink and turn my thoughts towards the Headmaster, and how she was taking a dreadfully long time.

Lalitya

“You'll follow your dreams and go sit by a lake. You'll look up at the stars... I'll come and find you… I promise"

“Now we might getting a bit nearer to the time. Lal?” I nod at my father figure. We’d arrived at the capital early in the morning. Gareth had been a little too excited. It was definitely not my fault what so ever. I don’t know why I’d… Gareth… had been in such a hurry to go. We lived fairly close to the capital. This was where I had my knight training. We’d taken advantage of the situation and gone to get breakfast at our favorite restaurant. After that, Gareth had ventured into the shops, and I had done some patrolling with my fellow knights. This was the time of day every knight enjoyed. The day trouble happened left and right. I’d solved a handful of problems in the short time they allowed me to work. Eventually, they had shooed me out and told me to get ready for the ceremony. I’d met up with Gareth in the apothecary. “Yes, I think so too. We’ve been stuck here for an hour now.” Gareth swats at me. I duck easily, grinning.

“You could have been exploring the city, making friends with some of your possible peers. You didn’t have to stay stuck here with me,” Gareth says, weighing his last sentence with sarcasm. We walk outside into the street. Humans, half-elves, and elves alike cleared the way for us. They gave me respected looks. I had a few perks as a knight trainee. We head towards where the ceremony was being held. “But you never know who some of these people are. They could be dangerous criminals hiding their true identity.” I was making fun of the something one of the knights had told me awhile back. He’d been an untrusting fellow, more so than usual. Unfortunately, part of me had taken to heart what he had said. Even though I had a light tone to my voice, I still peeked around at the people passing us by, looking for signs that they could be criminals.

“Whatever. I know you really did it because you’re going to miss me.” I shake my head fiercely. The elf laughs. He reaches over and ruffles my hair. I smooth it down sheepishly. Yes, I would miss him. He was the one who had given me a home when I woke up lost and confused. I knew I must have biological parents, but he was the only dad I could remember having. “You’re a silly one sometimes! Your presence will be missed in my home when you are chosen.” I sigh sadly. I didn’t want to be chosen. I had no idea why I was going through with this. The other knights had been proud when they discovered my intentions. The Beasts Academy students were even more respected than the knights. I didn’t care about any of that. I was happy being a knight, and I was happy living with Gareth. Why did I feel an urge to change that? What had I forgotten from my past?

“We’re not sure if I will get accepted yet. Don’t judge your opponent’s skills until you’ve fought him.” That saying was something that had been drilled into my head by a knight I’d respected a lot in training. Don’t say you miss me until I’ve been chosen. There is no one out there who knows whether or not I will be chosen.” Gareth gives me a reassuring smile. I’d talked with him. I’d told him my doubts, my worries. I tell him everything. “It’ll be fine, Lal. You’ll see.” I nod and continue walking, hoping he was right. Why was I doing this? What had I forgotten?

And nothing, nothing would make me break it…

(Sorry about the length and decoration of my post. I’ve been roleplaying on a site where they expect a lot from you, and it's been sticking.)

If you have any questions, please ask!

1,467 posts

robinn • 29 December 2019 at 4:42 PM

Mikel heads towards the crowd waiting for the announcement of the students accepted into the Beasts Academy. He couldn't wait until it was over with so he could go back home. He knew he wasn't going to be accepted anyway. The chances were too slim. He wished he wasn't even here in the first place, but being the oldest sibling, he was the only one eligible to go. And of course his parents would never let this once in a lifetime opportunity pass up. Mikel sighs and waits at the back of the crowd for the announcement.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 29 December 2019 at 6:18 PM

Yoshi stretched as she headed towards the large crowd. Crowds, she growled to herself. She hated crowds. Not number wise, but the social aspect of crowds got on her nerves. Her trainers had instructed her to make friends. But who needs friends? she asked herself, I work alone. She tensed as she felt the presence of human and elf, being a half-elf, she was told to stay cautious of those creatures.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 29 December 2019 at 7:26 PM

Clythia-
I look up at the platform. I had gotten here pretty early, so I was at the front. I hum a little tune to myself.

Deleted • 29 December 2019 at 8:23 PM

Alina
"You need to go" said Kailey
"Um ha! Uh... no. I-I cant do that," Alina said. "First, its the day of. Second, the odds are very slim I'm even going to be close to getting in. Third, I have big responsibilities. And fourth...I'm not good enough..." Alina looked out nervously into the big crowd.
"Look one of the kids got really sick and can't go so theres a free spot."
"Why are you telling me this? I only meet you like 20 minutes ago."
Kailey rolled her eyes. "Just go! And tell them I sent you!"
"But-"
"Go!" Kailey said shoving her into the crowed towards the front.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 30 December 2019 at 4:34 AM

Luna stood frozen.
What am I doing here? I don't belong.
She wanted to run as far as she could from the crowd. Her eyes filled with tears because of her fear of crowds. She felt sick and closed her eyes, trying to imagine herself somewhere else

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 30 December 2019 at 9:21 PM

Felix sighs as his younger sister Anna tugs at his torn jacket. "When will you be back?" He sighs again. "Soon, and hopefully with a lot of money," he ruffles Anna's hair. His sister finally lets him go. "Promise?" Felix smiles fondly, "I promise." His mother and sister wave goodbye to him, and he waves back. Turning around, he made his way through the busy streets towards the Academy, dodging around the rivers of people swarming through the roads. A man across the street throws a half eaten sandwich in the trash and laughs. Felix could feel his pulse pounding and his hands clench up in fists, but just this once, he convinces himself to stop. After this, he would never have to worry about food again.

1,478 posts

arcana • 30 December 2019 at 9:36 PM

Asteria~
I approached the crowd nervously and shyly at first, embarrassed to try to even get near the platform. After skulking around the edges for several minutes, I spotted the perfect opening. Minimal human contact and a close enough view of the stand. "No one will care, its fine, stop worrying, it isn't like you'll be chosen anyway. You're just doing this so the lady who sells bread down the way will stop harping at you, and so Eben will stop giving polite hints saying that I need to do something and not sit around all day. It's fine. It's fine. Now they can't say I didn't try," I murmured, not even saying all of the words aloud. I slipped into the spot seamlessly and picked at the fancier clothes that had been forced upon me for this occasion. I was so nervous I feared I might laugh in hysteria. Why did I agree to this? Why was I even nervous? I repeated the words that had calmed me down before in a soft, frantic mantra until I felt better. Word was that they had chosen the more troublesome creatures this year.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 31 December 2019 at 3:36 AM

Luna’s heart started beating faster, noticing the crowd was getting larger and she was stuck in the center. She clenched her fists and breathed heavily.

Deleted • 31 December 2019 at 6:25 PM

Alina
Alina whispered apologies as she maneuvered her way to the platform. She fingered her necklace and axe gently trying to calm her heart and get over unnoticed.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 31 December 2019 at 7:58 PM

Aria:
~ I look around at the massive crowd that was gathering. It was incredible how many people wanted this so much... Not that I didn't... I finger my slightly pointed ears nervously. Would they accept a half-elf here? I had been shunned and called a mutant, a useless hunk of trash and many other rude names just because of my magic and my ears. Oh how I hoped this would be different. I see hundreds of people with weapons, one girl with an axe near the stage (Alina), another cluster of heavily weaponized people who seemed to be friends (npc's) and lots of others. I felt so defenseless at that moment. I hoped I would get a Beast that could protect me and that I could protect back.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 1 January 2020 at 4:33 AM

Luna looked around and noticed the Elves ears. She backed away, just to be pushed back into the crowd. She fell and grazed her knee.
“Ugh stupid” she said out loud.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 1 January 2020 at 5:00 AM

Patience-
It was a normal morning. I woke up, dressed, and proceeded to walk down to the kitchen. I drank my normal cup of tea, and ate a piece of bread. Today didn't seem too bad, I thought as I drained my second cup of tea. I probably need to take a few bottles of tea. And then I questioned why I needed so many bottles. I jumped. I NEED TO GO. TODAY'S THE CHOOSING CEREMONY. I NEED MY TEA. I scrambled to pour bottles of tea (plus another cup). As soon as I got outside, I instantly got overwhelmed. There was so much smells. I twitch and drink my tea. I feel a little better and start to walk.

Why did I agree to this? I start biting my nail and twitching. So many people, so many emotions. Someone was frustrated, someone grazed their knee. I finish my first bottle. I, at least, wanted to see and it didn't help that I was short. I push through the waves of people, mumbling apologies and jumping at people touching me to apologize. I end up near the front, which was nice. I blink, thinking. I had noticed someone with a grazed knee. She seemed...angry? Her energy was so confusing. Like most things to me. I shake my head. I hated just thinking. I open another bottle and drink.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 1 January 2020 at 5:02 AM

Luna growled to herself and ripped part of her t-shirt to wrap it around the now bleeding knee. She flinched at the pain but stood upright, fists clenched, breathing deeply to ease the pain.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 1 January 2020 at 5:15 AM

Patience-
"Gah!" I jump. What was I thinking when my parents suggested this? Of course, in a giant crowd, full of possible people wanting to kill me, and people getting hurt, and I don't want them to get hurt so I stop jumping and getting stressed out, but that's selfish, and I don't want to be selfish, and stressed out, and, and, and....I pull on my hair. God, is that person bleeding?! So many smells, too much pressure.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 1 January 2020 at 5:18 AM

Luna looked to her side and saw a small elf panicking. She tilted her head, almost amused. She looked away, trying not to draw attention and sat down not caring if she got her clothes dirty. She played with her long blonde hair, tying it up on a high ponytail sitting on the top of her head. She flicked it to the side and started playing with her nails.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 1 January 2020 at 5:26 AM

Patience-
I noticed someone looking at me. It was that person I saw before. I start to panic more. They saw me panicking over nothing and now they probably think of me as a spaz now. I drink my second bottle of tea. I need to stop panicking over nothing. I need to control my twitching. I shrink inside my head, pretending I'm baking cupcakes. I used to bake all the time as a kid, it was calming.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 1 January 2020 at 5:30 AM

Luna closed her eyes and almost drifted off. She stopped herself and thought
Wait why am I here? What’s so special about me? Most the people here have pointy ears. I don’t WHY ME??
Her eyes grew big as she put herself into another panic.
What if I fall over? I already look like an idiot. Maybe I am an idiot!
She muffled a scream

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 1 January 2020 at 5:37 AM

Patience-
Oh no. Oh god. Oh nononononono. I'm having a panic attack. I bite my nail as I take out my third bottle and drink. I need to make more tea. I notice that my finger was bleeding. Oh godgodgodgodgod.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 1 January 2020 at 5:39 AM

Luna pulled a small comb out of her pocket, she brushed the ends of her hair, her shoulders sank as she felt the anger lift off her.
When is this going to start? It’s taking forever!

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 1 January 2020 at 5:43 AM

Patience-
I sigh and twitch. I felt a little better....

God, I need to stop saying that.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 1 January 2020 at 5:46 AM

( When is this actually going to start? I don’t know what else to put XD )

Luna got up and tried to push her way closer to the front. A large man spin round and lifted his fist to her face. When he looked at her, he immediately put his fist down and let her through.
“Thank you greatly kind sir!”
Luna eased her way to the front

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 1 January 2020 at 5:48 AM

(Dunno, Imma stop posting until it starts)

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 1 January 2020 at 5:48 AM

(Same XD someone help usss!)

2,892 posts

skymoare • 1 January 2020 at 10:19 AM

Yoshi looked around to see an elf and a human panicking. He smirked and laughed to herself. "Such noble creatures, showing their weakness. How interesting," she hissed to herself. But then again, I'm afraid of crowds too, am I like them? No, NO, at least I don't show it, or do I? she questioned herself. Shrugging, she sank back into a shadow, out of view.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 1 January 2020 at 10:22 AM

Luna looked around for anyone she recognised. No one. She sighed and sat down to check on her knee, it was still bleeding. She scowled and wrapped the scrap around it again walking to the wall to sit. She closed her eyes and waited.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 1 January 2020 at 10:25 AM

Yoshi walked from shadow to shadow afraid to be seen. As she walked past one shadow though, she bumped into something, or someone (Luna). She froze in her tracks and stayed perfectly still, hoping the shadows would hide her from this human.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 1 January 2020 at 10:27 AM

Luna leant on her hand and looked to the side, she flicked her long blonde hair and scowled
“ Do you mind?”
She rolled her eyes and waited for an answer

1,327 posts

bgunny • 1 January 2020 at 10:32 AM

Agnimitra

“What if one of us gets hurt or lost, and we’re separated?"

There was so much commotion. People were excitably chatting or nervously shuffling. Honestly, it would have been a lot to bear if I wasn’t used to it. Life had been always noisy at my past home, not to mention I’d been living in the capital for a week or two. You get real used to the noise even after a few days of living here. Somehow, the noise quiets as soon as the Headmaster flies in. She was an elf, which wasn’t surprising. She had dark blue eyes and pale, pale blonde hair. It was almost silver. She was old, but that wasn’t why her hair was silver. It was more on account that she had wind powers. Her dragon was your average dragon: big, sharp, and intimidating. A lot of the people by me cast looks of nervousness or admiration. For most of them, this was their first time seeing a beast, for the rest, they’d never been this close.

Everyone stilled as the Headmaster walked up the steps to the platform. She had a box designed intricately in her arms. She turned towards the crowd. “Hello everyone! Welcome to the Choosing Ceremony,” she said. “Now some of you have been to one before, and some of you haven’t, including the kids who will be chosen today. So, I’ll go over what’s going to happen.” I knew exactly what was going to happen, and I was sure the other kids knew too. I’d heard so many whispers from so many people. I watch as she opens the box. Lined in a neat pair, are 12 badges. Twelve kids will be chosen. I look around at the crowd. There were way more than 12 kids. My chances were really slim. I saw the people by me looking around nervously. They were all probably thinking the same thing as me.

“I’m going to send these badges out into the crowd; they will choose who will be our new recruits for Beasts Academy.” Excitable whispering came after her next words. She waited until everyone quieted. “If you touch or try to stop the badges, they will burn you. Only the kids who are chosen or other Beasts Academy members can touch them.” She gave the crowd as a whole a hard look. She must have seen people touch them even after her warning. She nodded and smiled. “Then let’s start. Good luck to everyone.”

She whispers something to the badges, and they rise from their places. They fly up into the sky and circle once around the crowd before going back to the platform. They pause a moment, as if to think, and then each individual goes towards the direction of the Chosen. I watch anxiously as one floats towards me. Was it really going to choose me or someone else? This was what I wanted, this was what I needed, but I hadn’t truly thought it would happen. It was probably going to someone next to me. I continue thinking these thoughts, even as it floats eye level in front of me and stays there. I finally hold out my hands. It drops lightly into them.

I let out a breath I hadn’t realized I was holding. It had chosen me! I was one of the Chosen! I was going to Beasts Academy! A weight on my shoulders instantly slides off. I was free from my parents. I watch as the front of the badge etches my name magically into its cool metal. I clap a hand over it, aware people were watching me. No, that’s my real name! Choose a different name! I think. I still wasn’t ready to come out of hiding, though. I probably never would be ready to come out of hiding. The badge warms, and I peek at it. Somehow, I knew that it had changed to my fake name before looking. I sigh softly and run my finger over it. I look up at the platform. What was I supposed to do now? Who were my fellow Chosen?

Lalitya

“You'll follow your dreams and go sit by a lake. You'll look up at the stars... I'll come and find you… I promise"

“I knew you were going to make us late.” Gareth and I make it to the back of the crowd just as the Headmaster comes flying in on her dragon. I watch her up in the sky with a sinking feeling. Oh, if I was chosen and given a beast that could fly, I was going back home to Gareth and my knight training. My resolve and reason for going to Beasts Academy just wasn’t strong enough to be able to handle heights. A horse-like creature would be the best for me. I rode horses all the time. I loved the horses in our stables. They were kind and funny. Yep, I wanted a horse beast. Those couldn’t fly, unless they were pegasi. I exhale sharply out of my nose. Knowing my luck, I’d definitely get a pegasus.

The Headmaster speaks and sends the badges shooting into the air. I watch them skeptically. There were only 12. I wasn’t going to be chosen. There was no way I was going to be chosen. “We should just go home now,” I whisper. Gareth shakes me off. “Someone is going to get chosen. Who’s to say it won’t be you?” I cross my arms and give him a look. He smiles, but doesn’t move anywhere. I wasn’t getting chosen. There was no way. I kept thinking those thoughts over and over in my head, so I was completely surprised when one of the badges started floating towards me.

“Woah!” I stumble back and fall on the ground. The badge hovers in front of me. I reach out and grab it. It flicks itself away from me. “Gareth! My badge has an attitude.” My guardian laughs. “It’s choosing you, Lal. Not the other way around.” What was that supposed to mean? I hold my hands out, and it comes floating into them. A few knights I knew near us, see me, and erupt in cheering. “That’s our knight!” They say. I feel my face heat up, but smile and wave at them. I stand up, and look down at my badge. My badge… I was actually chosen. I was going to Beasts Academy. I look up at Gareth and hold it out for him to see. “How do I take it back?!”

“You don’t, Lal. You’re a Beasts Academy recruit now.” I look down at the badge again and see that my name was now engraved into its metal. Lalitya Parvath. “It got my name wrong,” I point out. “It’s Lalitya Trelis.” Gareth shakes his head. We’d had that conversation before. He said once I gained my memories back and found out who my family was, I could decide to change my name. My memories weren’t coming back, so in my mind my last name was now Trelis. Other than having my name, the badge had the school’s logo on it, a sword and a claw crossed over. This whole situation felt so surreal to me. I consider throwing it back into the air so it could go to the real person it was choosing. Yeah, you know what, I’m going to do that. This must have been a mistake. The badge drops hard and lands on the ground. Gareth raises his eyebrow. I bend over to pick it up. Darn, it seemed I was stuck with this.

And nothing, nothing would make me break it…

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 1 January 2020 at 10:36 AM

Luna gazed in awe as a beautiful badge drifted slowly to her, she stood up and rewatched out her hand, she clasped the badge, ready for pain, nothing. She felt sick. Why was it her?
Look at all these people, they want this badge. Why me?