A Celebration of Life (CLOSED) (Raffle)

in User Contests & Giveaways

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 22 April 2020 at 2:24 PM

*DISCLAIMER: The following content has the following: Sadness, Death, Guilt, Love. Everything on this forum is not real, I got full permission from @Moonweaver, and @Qerrats to do this, I am not making fun of death, and in no way am I trying to offend/harm anyone by doing this.

VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED

Its official.

I decree that @Moonweaver the 2nd, and @Qerrats the 3rd are officially DEAD.

May they both rest in peace as the single rose from the afterlife rests on their caskets. May the colors of the rainbow shine above their grave as their last farewell. It brings me deep sadness to say these words, Moonweaver and Qerrats were such good friends of mine, I can only wish to tell them that may they find happiness in what lays beyond our mortal lives.

I pondered for a few days as to how I could bring honor to their memory so I will be hosting a Funeral for our dearly departed Qerrats, and Moonweaver. Everyone is welcome to this celebration of life as they move on to what lies ahead of them, if at all. You don't need to know Moony or Carrots to attend, there will be free food, and I will be hosting a raffle in their honor. On April 29th is when the funeral will begin and will last for 2 days after that, I will be supplying everyone with free food and refreshments, via transfers. The winners for the raffle will be drawn on May 1st.

During these two days I will be hosting a raffle with a prize pool from my "Prize Pool" tab:

1st place~ @ ~First pick from pool + 100k EC
2nd place~ @ ~Second pick from pool + 50k EC
3rd place~ @ ~Third pick from pool + 25k EC

To enter Raffle/Free Food:
Username:
Relation to Moon/Qerrats: (Can be long lost grandma/uncle/cousin/friend Have fun with it!)
Reason why you're here: (The free stuff obviously!)
Last Respects: (Anything you wish to say to Moon/Qerrats?)
How you think they died: (Give me your ideas! I want to know how you think they died...)
Ping: (at least one friend)

Participants:

1. @ravensong
2. @arcana
3. @skyfall4
4. @duckhunter
5. @surgeon
6. @fanficmelon
7. @meisawesome
8. @snowkitties
10. @galaxyleopard
11. @lokisonoflaufey
12. @skymoare
13. @budgie
14. @jlya
15. @asrieldreemurr
16. @iris1929578
17. @totallynotjoey
18. @cookie50
19. @shadowfaxe

(Will add more slots if these fill up.)

(Donations are welcome! Please no Cave Commons.)

If you guess correctly how they die without help from Moon's and Qerrats' spirits then you will win 25k EC

Pings! (Sorry if you don't want to be pinged)
@lazyanon
@stevepat2002
@duckhunter
@sackname
@skyfall4

EDIT

I am extending the celebration until tomorrow, April 30th, with the raffle falling on May 2nd. You may still join during the celebration if you wish to.

316 posts

ravensong • 22 April 2020 at 2:38 PM

Username: Ravensong
Relation to Moon/Qerrats: I, a random stranger, have briefly once passed Moonweaver down Diagon Alley. We looked at each other and went on our way. Not a word was passed, but each knew that one of us were going to die a tragic death.
Reason why you're here: To wish that Moonweaver/Qerrats reach Valhalla safely.
Last Respects: When you reach Valhalla, don't forget the world and life you once lived.
How you think they died: I believe they died from staring at a computer/phone screen too long. Such a sad fate...
Ping: @surgeon or @tetromino, Maybe you'd be interested...?

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 22 April 2020 at 2:43 PM

@ravensong

"Hi there," Wolfkit says solemnly, "I'm glad you could make it, feel free to pay your last respects here, and I'll go ahead and add you to the raffle." Wolfkit quickly scribbles down a name and drops in a jar.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 22 April 2020 at 3:06 PM

Username: Skyfall4
Relation to Moon/Qerrats: I'm their child- wait no I'm the oldest ummm I'm their child anyway ahah
Reason why you're here: to collect my inheritance
Last Respects: No words. Lemme throw some love. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
How you think they died: From too much love
Ping: @cloudslay3r O.o

Male
178 posts

duckhunter • 22 April 2020 at 3:25 PM

Username: duckhunter
Relation to moon: i am her friend
Reason im here: to pay my respect
Last respects: Here to bow at the goddess moonweaver (if you dont beleive me look at our walls)
How you think they: murder by @skyfall4 (wait, goddesses cant die)
Ping: ravensong O.o

1,478 posts

arcana • 22 April 2020 at 3:43 PM

My (user)name is @arcana

My Relation: It saddens me to say that we might have been friends, but alas, the cold embrace of death left us only as acquaintances. In another life, perhaps the world would have been sweeter with such bonds, but in this life, the world still shivers without their warmth.

Why you are here: I attend this funeral with the intention of paying my dearest respects. I am guilt-ridden at the mere thought of turning my back upon them at my last chance to give my thanks, my goodbyes, and my well-wishes. I wish not for them to be forgotten in my mind, hidden by gray clouds of guilt, but for them to be remembered in the sun’s rays.

Last Respects: “Goodbye,” I whisper, as I stare down at the coffins. From my bouquet, I remove two lilies, thinking, pondering, and pouring my heart, my thoughts, and a little bit of my soul into each. “Goodbye,” I whisper again, softer and softer. Gently, I lay down the flowers in a sign of respect, a veritable ritual. Two tears slowly drip down my face, onto the lilies. As I leave to join the mourners, dressed in colors of both sadness and celebration, I leave the flowers to represent my words, words that could never be said by mere human mouths, nor captured in our simplistic writings. Two flowers, one for each, both a message only the heart can read. As I ponder their lives, and their impact on mine, I think of their legacy, left in the hearts of many. I make a promise to myself, to their spirits, to try to leave a legacy as golden, as good and as kind as theirs.

How do you think they died?: Although the autopsy has revealed next to nothing, I would most certainly venture a guess at murder. Of course, I do believe a strong case of allergies might have caused this tragedy just as easily. A tragedy, truly. They were gone too soon.

I chose to extend an invitation to another of my acquaintances, @galaxyleopard. I do dearly hope they attend.

What am I doing? I have stuff to do but I chose to write this instead….

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 22 April 2020 at 4:13 PM

@skyfall4 @duckhunter @arcana

"Welcome!" Wolfkit smiles at them, "I hope you will be staying for the full two days, I'll go ahead and enter you guys in the raffle. Feel free to pay your last respects to Moon, and Qerrats over there." Wolfkit nods her head mournfully in the direction of the two caskets, and memorials where pictures, and flowers hung.

162 posts

surgeon • 22 April 2020 at 4:17 PM

@wolfkit I'll enter, thank you to @ravenson for the ping(:

Username: surgeon
Relation to Moon/Qerrats: (Can be long lost grandma/uncle/cousin/friend Have fun with it!): Definitely long lost, but wish I could have gotten more familiar with my relatives before they left! Consider me the fourth cousin eight times removed.
Reason why you're here: Paying respects and wishing them the best~
Last Respects: Start up yoga 😃
How you think they died: Unnatural causes -- something devious was at play here! My best guess is salmonella poisoning from some bad eggs (get it, Egg Cave?) placed strategically by some grudge-holding enemies
Ping: (at least one friend): @pwuffy (maybe you're interested?)

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 22 April 2020 at 4:23 PM

@surgeon
"Thank you for coming!" Wolfkit asks for your name, and then quickly scribbles it across a sheet of paper, "for the raffle." She winks at you as she says this, "I hope you can stay for the full two day celebration!".

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 22 April 2020 at 9:35 PM

Username: fanficmelon
Relation to Moon/Qerrats: I met them at a grocery store one day. We both tried to get the same tomato. I looked at Moonweaver and said, "Hey I'll let you buy this tomato if I get invited to your funeral one day." and she said ok. And so here I am. Not like I knew they were gonna non-exist, I just wanted to try some funeral cake, to see if it tastes like birthday cake or wedding cake.
Reason why you're here: For the food. Cause i mean, I was invited here for giving them a tomato so I'm here to get said tomato back since they no breathe. Also for the funeral cake. Does that exist?
Last Respects: "Sorry for your loss, but thanks for the cake."
How you think they died: Chronic Constipation. (people do die from being too constipated!)
Ping: @meisawesome
I can't take this seriously im sorry

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 22 April 2020 at 9:49 PM

@fanficmelon

Wolfkit smiles at fanficmelon, "We do indeed have funeral cake! This is a celebration of life after all, what would a party be without cake?" She looks behind her, seeing if she can spot the table from where she is sitting on her podium. "I'm sure there're tomatoes in there somewhere..." She looks back at fanficmelon, "Enjoy the funeral!" She's says cheerfully, and gets off her podium to look to see if there are tomatoes on the table. She scowls as she realizes that there aren't, she quickly gives fanficmelon a pen and tells him to take over for her while she goes to the store and buys a tomato. "I'll be right back!" she calls, "I promise!". She then leaves without another word, while fanficmelon stands there dumbfounded, with pen in hand.

Female
312 posts

snowkitties • 23 April 2020 at 5:02 AM

@wolfkit
Username: Snowkitties
Relation to Moon/Qerrats: Long lost grandmother (i don't kno whow i'm still alive if they are dead lol)
Last respects: "Sorry you never got to know me. At least I can have some nice food or some cake"
How you think they died: Fell of a cliff while trying to get a fallen rubber band.
Ping: @snowbunnies

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 23 April 2020 at 8:17 AM

@wolfkit
Username: Meisawesome

Relation to Moon/Querrats: we played a little game of truth or dare, and me and Querrats made a little side bet that whoever doesn't chicken out first gets to attend their most importiant day ever. Sad to see that it was their funeral.

Why I'm here: the friggin bet...

Last respects: "welp, I'll see you again someday!"

How i think they died: decided to taste exhaust

Ping: *pulls out phone* hey, @galaxyleopard, I think you need to see this...

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 23 April 2020 at 8:23 AM

@wolfkit
Thanks to the few people who pinged me xD

Username: @galaxyleopard
Relation to Moon/Qerrats: I’m their grandmother’s cousin’s child’s husband’s Goldfish’s best friend 😸
Reason why you're here: Too many people pinged me so I kinda have to This is such a sad time, I’m going to miss them. I’d feel bad not showing them any last minute love 😊
Last Respects: Bai gyyyzzzzzzz!
How you think they died: You know, maybe it was the Tray overload.....
Ping: @thedarkarcher would you be interested? ❤️

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 23 April 2020 at 11:42 AM

@snowkitties @meisawesome @galaxyleopard

Wolfkit comes in hurriedly and quickly snatches the pen away from fanficmelon, "Sorry!" she says in a huff, "had to get a tomato!". Wolfkit quickly writes down your theories and enters your names in the raffle, as she catches her breath. "Um, that's an interesting theory of falling off a cliff to get a rubber band.... I wonder why it was so important." She allows all of you to go in and mutters under her breath, "we have some weird people showing up at this funeral... Lots of people think its suicide, or foul play, but getting a rubber band off of a cliff? Seriously?" She shakes her head in disbelief and continues to admit people in.

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 23 April 2020 at 7:05 PM

@wolfkit

Username: @cloudslay3r
Relation to Moon/Qerrats: Abroad friend. I went North to chase the clouds, but became stuck inside of a cave due to a blizzard. I was trapped for 2 years, 8 months, and 21 days.
Reason why you're here: To eat good food. And of course, pay my respects.
Last Respects: I regret leaving you two... If I didn't go abroad to Canada to further my understanding of cloudology, I would've gotten to know you both better. You guys really missed out though. Stalactites are delicious and should be served in every restaurant.
How you think they died: Cats. Some of them consume souls.
Ping: @songbird @thedarkarcher

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 23 April 2020 at 8:07 PM

@cloudslay3r

"Wow, that's a long time to be stuck in a cave!" Wolfkit exclaims. She writes down your information and drops it in the raffle jar, and begins to wonder what stalactites taste like. Maybe I should lick one the next time I'm in a cave... She thinks to herself.

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 29 April 2020 at 12:22 AM

Qerrats drifted over the rows of chairs, enjoying watching the events unfold. She paused as she looked at the line of people waiting to taste some of the funeral cake. Hey, she thought, annoyed. It's too bad that I can't have some of my funeral cake... it looks so good... Sighing, she continued on, eventually reaching the front row of chairs, where to her disgust, sat only a few people, many of whom she was hardly familiar with. What...? This is so not fair! Why aren't there more people here! They need to taste my funeral cake!
@jlya
@iia
@sleepy_hollow
@cheetahgirl8
@brookybunny
@smileykebab
@lokisonoflaufey
@galaxyleopard
(Sorry for the noise ^^")

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 29 April 2020 at 10:57 AM

Username: @lokisonoflaufey
Relation to Moon/Qerrats: Longest lost cousin, twice removed on Qerrats' mother's side. Don't know Moonweaver, but a dual funeral/two day party sounds too interesting to pass up.
Reason why you're here: Obviously to pay respects, but also to sample the funeral cake. Nothing tastes like funeral cake...
Last Respects: So far removed, I barely knew you, but you sure know how to throw a slammin shindig to usher you two off from this mortal coil. Two whole days straight of partying? Heck yeah.

I stand before the caskets and dab furiously for five straight minutes, followed by a demonstration of badly composed flossing, as is the tradition of my people.
How you think they died: Perhaps a white water rafting accident?
Ping: @lexicon
@topaz
@sleepy_hollow

2,892 posts

skymoare • 29 April 2020 at 11:00 AM

@wolfkit

Is it too late to join?

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 29 April 2020 at 2:23 PM

@lokisonoflaufey
Wolfkit shrugs in deafeat as she watches lokisonoflaufey dab on their graves, "It seems as this celebration of life, has turn into a free for all, quite literally too." She quietly sips her mocha, while elegantly writing down their name in cursive.

@skymoare

Nope! Its never too late unless it is after may 2nd.... ^^

@ Everyone
I am extending the celebration until tomorrow, you may join during the celebration if you wish to.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 29 April 2020 at 2:52 PM

@wolfkit

Okay, thanks!

Username: @Skymoare
Relation to Moon/Qerrats: Uncle's Cousin's Nephew's child who landed in juvie 2 times.
Reason why you're here: I come for the food. Maybe snatch a few rings while I'm at it
Last Respects: Good bye people, I knew nothing about. Love the cake though. Oooo, and those earrings that lady is wearing. I think I'll be taking it.
How you think they died: Loves cakes, and wanted to taste a funeral cake, but clearly didn't think it through. 😋
Ping: @birdsong

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 29 April 2020 at 2:52 PM

The spirit of Moonweaver peers down below on to her funeral. This is outrageous. I am not going to have only 11 people at my funeral. She thinks as she telepathically sends out more invitations.

@budgie
@wigglytuff
@shadowfaxe
@cheetah
@icecloud101
@iris1929578
@snowkittes

(Hope y'all don't mind)

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 29 April 2020 at 3:16 PM

@skymoare

Wolfkit quickly scratches your name on a piece of paper, but it ends up looking like chicken-scratch. She giggles nervously, and hides it quickly in the raffle jar. She didn't happen to realize that you nicked her earrings while she was looking the other way though. You must be a very talented thief indeed.

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 29 April 2020 at 9:24 PM

I'm so sorry I have no idea how I didn't see this ping, bit late but I hope that's alright ;v;

Username: @budgie

Relation to Moon/Qerrats: The small budgie that lived outside their window, gracing their days with jubilant song ❤️

Reason why you're here: I got pinged ^^

Last Respects: I hope you find peace wherever you rest ❤️

How you think they died: Trampled by the stampede people made to the cave when the Tray got re-released. May they rest in peace

Ping: @sonny (Sorry, wanted to find someone from my friends list that looked to be online ^^)

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 29 April 2020 at 10:04 PM

@budgie

Wolfkit nodded in agreement, "yes the Tray did cause some roar, here. I'm sure I would've died if I was caught in the middle of the mess." Wolfkit quickly scribbles down your name and reaches her arm down into the jar to drop it into the middle of the mass of slips.

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 29 April 2020 at 10:38 PM

Irene blinks in shock as she gets a telepathic invitation from @moonweaver, and promptly sends a thank-you to the spirit, wherever she may be. Moonweaver and Qerrats, huh? She starts writing her "raffle ticket," whatever that is supposed to mean; a raffle ticket for a funeral?

Username: @iris1929578

Relation to Moon/Qerrats: that one girl that lived in the block but disappeared and came back with amnesia

Reason why you're here: Moon's ghost sent a telepathic invitation 😸

Last Respects: I hope you yeet yourself to the afterlife safely

How you think they died: cold-blooded, first-degree murder (would be cool if this was actually the case and there was like a murder mystery)

Ping: Irene sends a telepathic invitation to @shadowfaxe, though she is worried she will not receive it in time to go to the funeral.

Irene packs a bag with berries and the raffle ticket (she still doesn't get why but she doesn't really care though) and strapped it on -Eagle-, her Elge. She sends -Eagle- off with the berries for her to eat and an order to find @wolfkit and give her the ticket.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 29 April 2020 at 11:32 PM

@wolfkit

To enter Raffle/Free Food:
Username: @asrieldreemurr
Relation to Moon/Qerrats: Was that one girl who once stared at them while dropping random items into a bag and whispering, "The Dark Lord enjoys paperclips."
Reason why you're here: Asked Satan who were the most recent people to die because I wanted to see some bodies on my break. Also to give them some paperclips so they'll have a good first impression in Hell."
Last Respects: "Say hi to Death for me. Haven't talked to them for a while."
How you think they died: Got their heart replaced with a baked potato.
Ping: (at least one friend): @zircon

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 30 April 2020 at 12:18 PM

@wolfkit

Username: @jlya
Relation to Moon/Qerrats: 2nd Cousin 3 times removed. Also the reason those bags of potato chips kept mysteriously disappearing. I'm sorry you had to find out this way.
Reason why you're here: Heard there were potato chips. I'll get help, I promise.
Last Respects: You were always my favorite cousins. Mostly because you were my only cousins. Come to think of it, I don't think I have any cousins... Ooh, are those potato chips?
How you think they died: Watching Netflix and forgetting to get up to eat or drink.
Pings: @stevepat2002, @sinthr, @apple_dumpling, @thedarkarcher, @prairie (sorry for the noise)

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 30 April 2020 at 2:44 PM

@iris1929578
Wolfkit exclaims in alarm as she sees a massive elge land down onto her podium. -Eagle- [yeep] his head and digs into its satchel and give Wolfkit a note. Wolfkit gingerly accepts it and smiles nervously while writing down the information. -Eagle- seeing that the deed is down flies away, and Wolfkit ducks wildly to avoid the massive wings.

@asrieldreemurr
Wolfkit grins nervously at the being that just came up to her. "I'm sure they will say hi to death for you...". Though Wolfkit didn't know for sure. "Feel free to stay as long as you would like.". She shivered in fear as the being walked away into the foyer, "Who wants to see dead bodies on their break?" She asked herself.

@jlya
Wolfkit was glad for a change of pace, she wasn't that scared of this person, and she was glad for that. She smiled cheerily at Jiya and beckens her into the foyer. "I hope you stay for the full celebration!" she smiles.