✔️ [December/Christmas] Creature Suggestion - Mariyd

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 5 May 2020 at 10:53 PM

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

This suggestion is inspired by the Mari Lwyd! A tradition from South Wales that I thought was pretty neat!! (where a horse skull is put on a stick with a big sheet, then decorated)
Figured this could be a neat interesting Christmas creature for 2020 or upcoming years.

Welcome the Mariyd!:
--Description up to Writer--

Mariyd Eggs:
--Description up to writer--

Picture:
http://fav.me/ddwj1y1

Please spread the word about the Mariyd! 😃 ❤️ Ping your friends to help out, and as always, please leave feedback about your thoughts! 😊

Starting Pings:
@iia
@chapus2009
@pipkitten
@orderedchaos

Thanks for viewing!
- @prairie & the Mariyds

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Female
5,405 posts

Orderedchaos • 5 May 2020 at 11:05 PM

Yessssss! I love this so much. ❤️

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 5 May 2020 at 11:13 PM

@prairie aaah this is so lovely, hope it gets made!! ??

@surgeon
@cheetah

Female
175 posts

zantago • 5 May 2020 at 11:23 PM

@prairie
Ahh this is such a unique and beautifully designed creature! :0 You continue to impress with your creature suggestions x) The last stage is definitely my favourite, with the red cloth on it's neck that alludes to a mane (at least IMO) which is also convenient for me since it means I won't have to spend extra cc for a freeze pftaha

I'd love to see this get made and have one in my cove :00

@sinthr
@wild_wonders
@nut

719 posts

nut • 5 May 2020 at 11:26 PM

@prairie this is incredible! would totally buy lol. the last stage I agree is so so cool.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 6 May 2020 at 12:05 AM

@orderedchaos
;D

@chapus2009
Happy you like it!! 😃

@zantago
Thank you so much! ;A;
Last is also my personal fave. ❤️ And yessss ~ One of the resons I added the cloth and made it a darker color was to make it reminiscent to mane.

@nut
I'm so happy you like them!

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 6 May 2020 at 12:11 AM

I LOVE it! ❤️
I totally need 677646354 of them in my cove!

162 posts

surgeon • 6 May 2020 at 12:21 AM

@prairie Wow you are a very talented artist! This idea is so creative and so well-drawn. The flowers are a nice touch. A spooky idea ~ are you from South Wales? Seems like a cool tradition 😊

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 6 May 2020 at 12:44 AM

@pipkitten
HOARD EM

@surgeon
Thank you!! ❤️
I'm not form South Wales, its just something super neato that I heard about while looking up traditional creatures and stuff. 😊

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 6 May 2020 at 1:01 AM

@prairie
WOAH! ;O This idea is so spooky and unique~ I love it! I could almost picture it as a halloween creature as well due to the skull and dead branches poking out. And I love how it is reminiscent of a real tradition. Very cool.

Also, I thought I'd just point out that you accidentally wrote 'Luffin Eggs' in what appears to be the description part. 😋 Might wanna fix that. 😉

Best of Luck! ❤️ ❤️

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 6 May 2020 at 1:05 AM

@wild_wonders
I'm happy you like how unique this is! I did think about making it a Halloween creature - but being the tradition is actually for Christmas, I kept it that way. ^^ Plus, I think it would be neat to see more quirky Christmas creatures from different traditions.

(And whoops - yeah I just copied the format on the luffin suggestion. ;v; Fixed! Thanks for pointing that out!)

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 6 May 2020 at 1:53 AM

@prairie I love it 😊 really unique

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 9 May 2020 at 1:46 AM

@yogurt
I'm happy you like the Mariyd!

More pings:
@decay
@mastergemma
@skyfall4
@wigglytuff

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 14 May 2020 at 9:39 PM

@prairie I am here a week later to bump your topic with my appreciation for your rad idea! I've said as much before but whatever lol. I am super into the idea of a different kind of Christmas creature from the usual and expected!

@rashka (idk if you hate being pinged, apologies if it bugs ya!)

101 posts

subie • 14 May 2020 at 9:53 PM

@prairie Gorgeous concept and design! Would LOVE to see this get made. You are such an amazing artist, by the way!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 14 May 2020 at 10:27 PM

@poe Thanks so much!! ^^
Happy you like seeing things get shaken up a bit, it makes for some fun ideas. 😊

@subie
I'm happy you like it!! And thank you so much! ❤️ ;w;

Female
472 posts

flakes • 15 May 2020 at 1:09 AM

@prairie
omg i really like this concept design ❤️ looks amazing, always been a fan of your art 😊

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 15 May 2020 at 7:05 AM

@prairie

wow this is really cute, i love it! 😃

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 27 May 2020 at 6:50 PM

@kdxu
I'm happy you like the Mariyd!
And ahhh, thanks so much! I'm happy you like my art!! ❤️

@rashka
Glad you like it!! 😃

Female
2,687 posts

jlya • 27 May 2020 at 7:15 PM

@prairie
I love this idea! 😃 Mariyd is such a pretty creature name. As always, you continue to impress with your art ❤️ I love the bells and the flower and the hooves, it's just so perfectly detailed! I love the idea of putting some Wales and unique horses into our Eggcave holidays. I can definitely see this as a Christmas creature. ❤️
What's in the bag it's holding in the 2nd to last stage? I saw the description's up to the staff, but what's the idea that sparked it? Is it kind of like a skeleton-horse Santa with a bag of gifts? 😊

@sinthr
@playermocha345

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 27 May 2020 at 9:10 PM

@jlya
I'm happy you like it!! I love incorporating unique and less known traditions into my suggestions. The bag is there because the Mari Lwyd goes around to different houses and asks to be let in. Either the people have to let them in and give them food and stuff or they have to sing back as to why it can't come in.
So I got the bag in teen stage so it can carry around its loot lol.

Trans Man
151 posts

ancientclaw • 27 May 2020 at 11:14 PM

@prairie

Oh my goodness the art and design is just amazing! I love hearing about new traditions.
I have a soft spot for skull-headed things too so I would be rushing to get some of these.

Pings!
@wildirishrubyrose
@earlgreytea
(If you don't like pings, sorry, lemme know and I won't do it again)

Female
2,687 posts

jlya • 28 May 2020 at 1:41 PM

@prairie
I love that! That's so great, it's like a musical for saying no. xD

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 2 June 2020 at 10:27 PM

Wow, this is so good! I love it! The third form reminds me a little of an eerie Animal Crossing character, lol.

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 10 June 2020 at 7:05 AM

@prairie

I love the mari lwyd! wales has some absolutely bonkers stories. I wish I had a snapping horse skull coming to my door every winter to rap battle with. you're so talented it's unfair. I hope this gets created, it's awesome. I like that it's a darker twist on the typical christmas creature, let alone a lesser-known tale. I like that you can see the pole they put the skull on in the first two stages, too!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 September 2020 at 8:30 PM

@ancientclaw
So happy you like it! I love using lesser-known traditional mythical creatures to light.

@lokisonoflaufey
I'm happy you like it! (Haha, spooky but friendly(?))

@marner
It really does! I love learning about different stories from around the world, they all have such unique creatures.
Their traditions also sound super fun. xD Happy you saw the detail of the branch used to represent the pole!

Just bumping this again!
For Christmas 2020
@ian
@orderedchaos

Female
169 posts

nightslayer300 • 2 September 2020 at 8:48 PM

Cool! I'm not sure it exactly appeals to me, but it's great

@Tigerstorm0926
@sparklefox
@Wolfspike23

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 2 September 2020 at 10:25 PM

Im honoured for being pinged qwq

@prarie
Its super pretty! I'd love this to be a creature lol It's really nice for a christmas creature and would be great to have

Non-binary
42 posts

kyris • 4 September 2020 at 1:08 AM

@prairie WOW! I would LOVE to have this as a creature release! The design is intricate and beautiful, and your artwork is stunning!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 14 October 2020 at 11:07 PM

Bumping again for Christmas 2020, I know it is kinda unusual for a skull to show up in a jolly time like Christmas, but I'd love to see more diverse traditions here on Eggcave!

@ian