⭐ Creator's Mark

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 10 June 2019 at 1:36 PM

I was letting my mind wander a lot last night, and I thought that this might be a interesting idea for all those who have had a creature suggestion they had made.
While it is said that creators get the first of the species kind, it isn't always the case, due to a hiccup in the system or delayed credit. So I thought it might be cool if the "creator's creature" got special mark or achievement icon.

How Would It Work? :
This icon would show up like how the Essence of Litsdnats, Star Potion or VEND icons would. I'd think this icon would be a pencil on paper or just a pencil (or just the creature suggestions icon from the forums).
It would only show up on the suggester's creature given to them by Eggcave for the creation of the creature. 😊
This encourages people to make more suggestions and makes creators feel more appreciated & recognized!

This might also apply to CDWC pets, though the icon would be different than the suggestion one. While the suggestion one might be a pencil/pencil on paper, perhaps the CDWC icon would be an uppercase lowercase mark (like Aa) or a keyboard?

Here is a Mock-Up Screenshot I Made:
https://sta.sh/028txfutoz6e

Conclusion :
I know this might not be for everyone, since some don't like to have extra icons on their creatures for aesthetic; but I think this would be a step that could be used to make a creator's copy of their suggestion extra special.
This feature should hopefully also help Egg Cave become more active by increasing forum activity and possibly even trading (cause maybe some people would be open to trading their marked creature).

Pings
@wild_wonders
@ian
@iia
@stevepat2002
@zircon

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 10 June 2019 at 1:38 PM

@prairie amazing! Then the first of it's kind can be verified and there arent fakes πŸ˜‹

Female
257 posts

zircon • 10 June 2019 at 1:39 PM

@prairie
I love this idea! I'd like this feature because I like to look and see if they where made by a user or a mod/artist on eggcave and this would make it a lot easier to tell!

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 10 June 2019 at 3:05 PM

@stevepat2002
Currently, you can verify if a creature is the first of it's species by going back in the creature ID numbers, but that is a big pain sometimes. πŸ˜‹
I actually had traded for the first Sockey and Giramint, as my copies where delayed for an hour or 2, so by then, plenty had already been found. The Wiggit I had gotten was also the 2nd in existence, so I had swapped for the 1st there as well.

@zircon
This icon/achievement would really only show up on the suggester's given copy of the creature, not on every one of that species. For checking if it was a suggested creature, you'd still have to check the archives.
This icon is just meant to show that this creature was the one given to the user for suggesting the creature by Egg cave.
For EX: wild_wonders Catsmos would have the icon, but my Catsmos would not.

Female
1,242 posts

senkou • 11 June 2019 at 12:51 AM

@prairie
I love this idea!! πŸ˜ƒ it'd be so cool to have your own mark on your first real creature suggestion and it'd just make the experience that bit more unique and special. ❀️ As well as ofc setting that special creature apart from the others! ^^ How has no one thought of this idea yet. πŸ˜‹

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 11 June 2019 at 1:11 AM

@wild_wonders
Happy you like the idea! 😊 The things you are pointing out are exactly what I'm going for. πŸ˜ƒ
α΅ƒβΏα΅ˆ α΄΅ ʳᡉᡃˑˑʸ α΅ˆα΅’βΏα΅— ᡏⁿᡒʷ

More Pings!
@immortalraven
@shadowfaxe
@hippy
@mairbear

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 11 June 2019 at 1:26 AM

@prairie
Great idea ❀️

Female
1,474 posts

froot • 11 June 2019 at 3:59 AM

@prairie I love it!
I remember when my creature suggestion was taken, I was so happy!
But when newbies came and somehow obtained the creature, they didn't know it was made by me.
Same goes for all other people who made successful suggestions, they should get some credit...
I think you all understand what I'm talking about...

Anyway, I love this idea!
@ian
@OrderedChaos
Check this out! πŸ˜ƒ

Male
468 posts

hippy • 11 June 2019 at 4:07 AM

@prairie
All for it

Female
4,593 posts

mastergemma • 11 June 2019 at 7:06 AM

It's definitely a cute suggestion. It would also be cool to have something to show that a user has provided a creature suggestion or archive entry that has been accepted as well!

Since there is occasionally hiccups in the system, how about instead if it being the first creature, have it symbolize that it's the creator of the creature's first creature of the species, if that makes sense. It may not be the first, but it would still have the 'creator' symbol on it.

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 11 June 2019 at 10:14 AM

@prairie so would they add them to older 1st of the kind if they added this? How cool would it be to have a first of it's kind and not even know?

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 18 September 2019 at 11:15 AM

PREVIOUS REPLY:

@immortalraven, @shadowfaxe, @hippy Happy you all like the idea!

@stevepat2002
I'm not sure if that would be able to happen, as it might be difficult for mods to go back and track the species they gave to creators down. (and it might be harder as it isn't always the first of it's kind)
So my guess is this idea would be applied to all accepted suggestions after this is implemented (if it would be) Or at most, be implemented to more recent used suggestions.

@mastergemma
Happy you like the idea!
And yep, that's what I'm going for. It's because of system hiccups that I think this would be really useful to creators. Because while you might not have the actual first of it's species because of a system error, you still have the only of the species with the mark on it. Symbolizing you created it.
And yeah, I'd be cool if there was a mark maybe for CDWC too. 😱

Want to get this idea going again, as I'm seeing a lot of users have their suggestions turned into real pets! πŸ˜ƒ
A simple way to give these creatures the mark might be to give it a 'badge' ( in the same column where Freeze potions/VEND mark/Star Potion shows). This badge could literally be (for example) the "Creature Suggestions" Icon from the forums page, if you don't want to have to make new art for it. 😊

Pings to get this up and going again:
@ian
@cleokitty
@yts
@wigglytuff

2,251 posts

yts • 18 September 2019 at 11:44 AM

@prairie
I totally like the idea, it is always awesome to get a sort of recognition

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 18 September 2019 at 12:36 PM

@yts
Glad you like the idea!
(I just made a mock-up screen shot to show people what it might look like for example. It's on the first post)

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 18 September 2019 at 6:21 PM

@prairie I really like the idea ^^ πŸ˜ƒ

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 20 September 2019 at 3:42 PM

@wigglytuff
Happy you like the idea!

More Pings:
@wererage
@skyfall4
@superunloved

Deleted • 20 September 2019 at 3:56 PM

@prairie
I'm one of these people which usually don't like the items' icons on a creature's profile, but I must admit I quite like this idea. A person would for sure feel more attachment towards a creature marked as the first one given to them, from their own suggestion... also it would make easier to remember which creature is (dor people who would like to hoard their own creature suggestion). I'm all for it! ❀️ ...Along with an option to hide / unhide the items' icons, haha.

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 20 September 2019 at 4:20 PM

@wererage
Happy you like the idea despite not liking the item icons! 😊
(your idea of having a option to hide/unhide item icons is great!)

Another thing that might be a benefit is that maybe it would raise the creature value if the user decided to trade it (something I wouldn't do personally, but other might)

More Pings
@idol
@pipkitten
@brookie

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 20 September 2019 at 5:16 PM

@prairie
Oh yesssss this would be really nice! That would make it even more special!

Now if Egg Cave had achievements 😱

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 21 January 2020 at 1:00 PM

Previous Reply:
@skyfall4
Happy you like the suggestion!
Achievements would be a pretty neat feature. :0

Getting this idea back up and going for 2020!
Being it's a new year that means there's bound to be more user suggestions! And I'd love to see this idea implemented. 😊

Pings:
@ian
@firedawn
@seraph
@achimenes

153 posts

downpour • 21 January 2020 at 5:20 PM

@prairie
This is a really cool idea! 😸

Female
269 posts

fire-and-spice • 21 January 2020 at 5:39 PM

@prairie This idea is amazing!!!

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 21 January 2020 at 5:39 PM

i think this is a really good idea 😊 great way to show some more recognition ^^ sadly i don't have the first luvlei anymore as i gave it to a friend when i quit years ago and now someone else is in ownership of it ☹️ but i would still love to see this in place for all other creature suggesters!

534 posts

crowvict • 21 January 2020 at 6:30 PM

I think this is an absolutely fantastic idea and would love to see it become a reality!

Although...if implemented would it be solely for creature suggestions moving forward or would it include really old critters like Nogars (although at the time I don't think creators got the suggestion gifted to them? Correct me if I'm wrong...it's been a while..)?

Similarly I would be kinda interesting to see critters who were the first on site to have an icon as well...maybe?

Male
326 posts

seraph • 21 January 2020 at 6:39 PM

Thanks for the ping!!

I think this is a great idea. I only have 1 creature suggestion on site and it's very recent, but so far I haven't felt the necessity of this. Yet?
It's a very cool idea, and I surely wouldn't mind having it. It would be an extra incentive for creators and maybe even a monetary reward if the creature could be sold for a boosted EC/CC price due to the mark.

I also really like the example! Maybe the icon for a CDCW creature can be the same art, but with lines in the paper? Just a suggestion.

TL;DR - very nice, love the idea.

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 23 February 2020 at 1:27 PM

I'm just here to push this idea again with March and April having suggestion creatures slotted. 😊
I still feel like this is something that would be beneficial to suggesters these days.

Pings
@ian
@orderedchaos
@pipkitten
@bunnyshadow

Female
16,159 posts

bunnyshadow • 23 February 2020 at 1:29 PM

@prairie This sounds awesome, but I feel like there should be exceptions on some of the creatures, considering how some may have been accidentally traded away or auctioned off without knowledge that it was the one @ian had given them?

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 23 February 2020 at 1:34 PM

@bunnyshadow
Perhaps in that instance the user could send in a ticket and ask for their current insert suggested species here in their cove to have the mark? (This would be a one time only offer, so that creature would be the ONLY one of that species to get the mark)

If the user doesn't have the species in their cove currently - they'd have to find one.

Female
16,159 posts

bunnyshadow • 23 February 2020 at 1:36 PM

@prairie Does the mark stay on the egg if it's traded away? Or is it only there if it's in the creator's cove? What if some people decide to trade marked eggs for CC bc the mark ups their value?

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 23 February 2020 at 1:39 PM

@bunnyshadow
Yes, the mark would stay on that one creature and that one creature ONLY
If the creator trades away their copy, the mark would stay on that creature in the new owner's cove. You would no longer have that species with that mark unless you traded back for your creator copy.
(It would raise the value of the creature ideally, for those that'd want that)