Black Lives Matter Raffle [CLOSED]

in User Contests & Giveaways

Female
29 posts

nficewing • 12 June 2020 at 10:53 PM

@decay
I would love to enter please. I really admire you doing this and I agree it is an important topic that should be talked about. I live in an asian society but when I travel to other places...there might be a bit of discrimination. Same goes for other minorities as well. Thank you for bringing awareness to this problem.

Favourite food - Sushi or Steak

@marythebeast
@irishprincess
@krystal

Non-binary
25 posts

barkitz • 13 June 2020 at 1:27 AM

@decay
Ello! I'd like to enter, thank you so much for doing this! ^^
Favorite food - Would have to be cheesecake ❤️
Le pings~
@onyxpearl
@dreamii
@isathebelle
(Sorry if you were already pinged :'D)

Female
73 posts

seoramen • 13 June 2020 at 2:00 AM

@decay

i'd like to enter as well!
thank u for bringing this issue to light! it is so important for us to be aware of the movement and the systemic racism that exists in the u.s. hopefully, the recent protests will bring positive long-term changes

fav food: hot pot

pings:
@whitefall
@nut
@sohee129

2,892 posts

skymoare • 13 June 2020 at 9:47 AM

@decay
mind if I join?
Thanks for hosting and supporting the cause.

My favorite food is dry ramen. (do Not ask XD)
Pings:
@cloudy
@duckhunter
@frosting

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 13 June 2020 at 10:14 AM

@decay

Hello, as a fellow POC male (and an AP Art student, but that's irrelevant) I'm very glad you're doing this, and I'd like to enter ❤️

Favorite Food: Macaroni and Cheese

Pings:
@flimsychip
@yogurt
@sandara

Female
216 posts

marythebeast • 13 June 2020 at 12:57 PM

@nficewing
Thank you for the ping!

@decay
May I join please?
My favorite food is probably garlic bread.

Pings:
@km9
@shrewdowl
@meisawesome

Female
441 posts

tetra • 13 June 2020 at 2:54 PM

@decay
this is a very important thing that is happening and I'm grateful that you are highlighting the situation. I hope ppl stay safe, look out for each other and hope the world can change for the better soon. also I just want to say it's terrible that you were told not to put your last name in your art pieces, that's just awful. ☹️

favourite food right now is paneer masala. I loooove curry, it's my favourite delivery/take-out. I could attempt to make it at home, but it's just so much better getting it from a restaurant. (yep, I'm going to order some for dinner today xD)

pinging:
@valorie100
@moonweaver
@foxbit

thank you for the ping @rael_barclay

Deleted • 13 June 2020 at 3:14 PM

@decay can I join
My favorite food is Beef Lo mein without veggies at Chinese restaurants

thank you sooooooooo much for hosting this giveaway it's very sweet of you!

pings

@lisa1321
@duckhunter
@aloe

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 13 June 2020 at 3:39 PM

@decay

Thank you for spreading word about what's been going in the US! It's relevant for everyone since racism is a problem in every country.

My fav food is pasta 😊

Pinging:
@qtpie7
@lexicon
@lisa1321

Male
682 posts

decay • 13 June 2020 at 4:25 PM

@pouncessoftly
@emo_pattys
@rael_barclay
@lisa1321
@surgeon
@duckhunter
@totallynotjoey
@subie
@nficewing
@seoramen
@skymoare
@whitefall

Thanks you guys for the support and the recognition that this is an important topic (:
I am honestly so glad that people have had this response and it makes me hopeful for the future
We'll change this world together (:
Also, thank you to some of you for replying with your own experiences as it's enlightening to me to see how other communities are affected and I feel like this makes me feel so united with the Eggcave community despite all of us being from different places, communities, identities, etc.
Again, makes me so hopeful for the world!

@bunnyshadow
Goodluck in your protest (:
Please stay safe and take precautions!
I'm planning on going to a protest tomorrow as well, it was supposed to be an annual pride parade but the organizers decided that a BLM protest is more appropriate!

@chapus
Thank you for the appreciation and talking about your own experiences (:
Your comment felt very bittersweet to me while I was happy that I could relate to someone on Eggcave, being able to relate on something like discrimination is horrible and I hope that one day we won't be able to.

@zantago
Honestly, even though you said you faced the lighter end of the scale of discrimination, the stories of your experiences really hurt my heart...
I feel like people don't understand the othering that is caused in situations like that, while not sure if you felt that way, that's what stood out to me the most.
I'm so sorry for those experiences..

I agree that it's touching to see everyone gather and unite for a cause but again it's so bittersweet given the circumstances.
The pessimistic part of me feels like despite the protest little will change because of how deeply racism has been integrated into out country and because there has been racial tension for so long yet, we keep repeating the same problems and see new renditions of the same problem pop up.
However, I know that many people, including myself and people here, will continuously fight to change the ongoing discrimination faced by people and that gives me hope.

Thank you for participating, supporting the cause, sharing your experience and giving us tips for protest!
I truly appreciate it!

@ravensong
What book are you reading?
I think one of the books about race that really hit me is The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison, it has some extremely intense and graphic moments so I can't recommend it to everyone but it's a beautiful book.
I completely agree, we're becoming more inclusive but there are so many issues that are yet to discuss and learn about.
I honestly did not think about the discrimination that Asian people face, not even sure if Asian is the best way to address a whole group of people... xD I have a lot to learn still

@dreamii
Thank you for posting and showing support for this post!
I was somewhat afraid that I had no right to post this as i'm not black but i'm happy that I could help in any way!

@marner
Thank you for the support of the cause and for sharing your own experiences!
I'm really glad I posted this now.
I think the part that angers me about the rioting is that it's ultimately detrimental to the cause, once again POC's will be seen as "savage, violent, angry" to people who don't have an understanding of the situation and media outlets ignore the real problems for scenes of violence since that's what sells.
I completely agree with you, I have also learned a lot from firstly gathering information for post and trying to inform myself more about the different ways that discrimination affects the black community.

Also, sorry about that xD I wanted to make the question more light hearted because while I wanted to inform people of racial discrimination I did not make the post to be extremely heavy since this is Eggcave 😋

@ethereality
Thank you for joining and supporting (:
I'm happy to see other POC (and AP art students xD) on Eggcave!
Love mac and cheese especially with breadcrumbs but that's controversial xD

@tetromino
Thank you for joining and supporting (:
It was actually one of first times I realized how discrimination could potentially affect me in real life, while it's sad it really ignited a passion for appreciating/learning my culture and combating discrimination (:

Also, I looked up a picture of the dish because I've never heard of it but it looks so good!! Maybe i'll try it later today xD

@barkitz
@marythebeast
@nightmarerainbow
Thank you guys for joining and spreading the word!

Added everyone!!! (:
Thanks to everyone for participating!
Sorry for my lateness!!

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 13 June 2020 at 4:34 PM

@decay I didn't realize that Latinos are also being discriminated against just as much as African Americans. My last name is Rodriguez, and now I have to wonder whether or not that has affected interactions I've had with people. Anyway, I don't really have one favorite food, but I love chicken verde soup, crepes, apple pie, my grandma's tortillas, the list goes on xD

EDIT: whoops forgot pings
@sheepfox
@ninna
@bribri1114845

Male
682 posts

decay • 13 June 2020 at 5:12 PM

@sodabearjess
Yeah! In United States, Latinos were and are discriminated against pretty severely. Not many know but Latinos were also lynched and killed along with African Americans during the Jim Crow era. Latinos have a whole history of discrimination within the U.S. including not being able to speak spanish in classroom, unequal education, etc etc. I actually need to learn more about latino history so this is just the stuff I know.
We have repeatedly been blamed for stealing the jobs of White Americans especially during times of economic hardship like the Great Depression which in that time resulted in the deportation of 2 million "mexican" people or anyone thought to be mexican and today leads to the anti-latino and immigrant sentiment which is not helped by our current president.
Anyway, i'm ranting xD
Also, If you know any of this I apologize I honestly just got passionate axD

Honestly, I feel like it depends who you interact with because if I saw someone with the last name Rodriguez I would probably feel more connected to them? XD However, overall, it has been reported that minorities with "ethnic" last names often don't get chosen for jobs as a result even if their qualifications are the same as a white person. My philosophy teacher would even often talk about how people with "ethnic" last names get worse essay scores because of implicit biases.

It's crazy

I have never tried chicken verde soup but I've heard that it's amazing xD OMG homemade tortillas are the best xD My mom makes them when she makes soups 😋

Also, i'll enter you into the contest even without the pings xD

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 14 June 2020 at 12:49 AM

@decay
I think this is important to talk about and I hope there will be real changes made and that no-one dies of police brutality ever again.
Spaghetti bolognese is my favorite food since childhood.
Also you don't need to include me to the raffle. I'll give the chance to others since I've a lot of Volpes already. ^^

@anzica
@yts
@crimson

Female
1,863 posts

magenta • 14 June 2020 at 5:42 AM

@decay thank you for talking about this topic and spreading awareness it's much appreciated! i'd also like to thank you for speaking about your own experience and stuff like that :/ i don't live in the US so i don't exactly know how it's like but it's so unfair how people are judged based on colonialist views same thing happens here but to a lesser extent ☹️ it must be incredibly frustrating to not even be able to put your last name -- a core part of your identity -- on your own frickin art piece :/ anyway thanks once again for sharing and my fave food is hainanese chicken rice i suppose :c

Female
343 posts

foxbit • 14 June 2020 at 11:44 AM

@decay I'm not interested in the Volpe, but I just wish to say how sorry I am for all that you guys in the United States must be going through. I hope everything gets sorted out soon.
@tetromino Thank you for pinging, anyway.

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 14 June 2020 at 5:29 PM

@decay

I'll enter, thanks for making this thread! The information here really does need to be highlighted... Favorite food would be most fish 😊

@qerrats
@skyfall4
@wolfkit

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 15 June 2020 at 1:43 AM

@decay Thank you so much for posting this ❤️ I agree one hundred percent. Racial discrimination is wrong, and should be stopped, because we are all created equal ❤️ And as the saying goes, "We all bleed the same blood." We have to rise up to defend our brothers and sisters who are being killed. Thank you for posting this, and I'd love to join xD
Hmmm... my favorite food is probably dessert Crepes 😸 They're SO GOOD with nutella, bananas, and powdered sugar xD
@jlya
@iia
@cheetahgirl8
@Mekat ; Thanks for the ping! 😊

Female
1,148 posts

valorieviolet • 15 June 2020 at 4:22 PM

@decay

Thank you so much for taking the time to bring awareness to the people of this site! While the majority of protests are happing in North America right now (that I know of, I mainly watch American news, though I do watch World News Tonight with David Muir), I love that the BLM movement has spread across the globe through so many outlets, such as this. Black lives matter all over the world ❤️

My favorite food atm is chocolate chip pancakes! Just made some this morning 😊

Pings!
@kalessin
@jirachiwishmaker
@wildirishrubyrose
@tetromino - thank you for pinging me 😊

168 posts

kalessin • 15 June 2020 at 10:48 PM

@decay Thank you for talking about this important issue, and thank you for sharing your personal experience as a POC with us. I don't need to enter the raffle but I am glad of the opportunity to join my voice to every one else. Too many black / indigenous people die in police custody through out the world. The number should be 0 and we will keep speaking up until it becomes a reality. #BLM

@valorie100 Thank you for the ping and I hope you have a wonderful day ^^

Female
1,965 posts

chaotictreat • 16 June 2020 at 3:22 AM

@decay
I think this is a great idea and I'm glad that you're helping to spread awareness. I've been trying my best to understand the situation and explain it to the people I know, but as I have the privilege to have never experienced these situations, I find it hard to comprehend it fully. Therefore I appreciate you including all that information so I can educate myself further.
I do not have a favourite food, I find it too hard to choose.

Pings:
@wildirishrubyrose
@foxesthebest
@cookie50

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 19 June 2020 at 12:24 AM

@decay

Thanks for sharing the info it's important to share such issues with the world. I feel our world is changing rapidly so now is definitely the right time to share info.

My favorite food is called loco moco which is hamburger, gravy, and egg with rice.

@galaxyleopard
@blizzards
@bloom

Female
677 posts

myriadium • 29 June 2020 at 9:17 PM

@decay I would like to join! Thank you so much for this! My favorite food is California Rolls

PINGS:
@bloom
@izziebee1017
@honk_kong

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 29 June 2020 at 9:26 PM

@decay
I'd love to join! (My favorite food is either pierogies or mochi.)

Male
682 posts

decay • 29 June 2020 at 11:31 PM

@izziebee1017

Please ping three people (:

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 29 June 2020 at 11:33 PM

@decay

@emeraldfirefly
@goldenlion
@cloudslay3r

Female
228 posts

discordia • 30 June 2020 at 10:15 PM

@decay
It's good that you've spoken up about that, really appreciate it. Having experienced police brutality to myself and knowing others have personally I'd also like to see some reform to the justice system, especially in the matter of whom is being allowed to become a police officer to begin with.

As for the raffle I'd love to enter.
My favorite food is lamb masala with jasmine rice.

@tane
@starfire_nebula
@arupupu

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 1 July 2020 at 10:06 AM

@decay
This is a nice effort you put, i'm sure it will help so many people out there... and yeah i've felt it too as im also latina and i actually had lived in a mostly italian-american town so at times some people would make some hurtful comments. But we carry on, hopeful on the future!

I'd love to enter! My fave food is seafood.

@cheetah
@valeryk
@the_cattery

Male
682 posts

decay • 1 July 2020 at 8:16 PM

A huge congratulations to @lokisonoflaufey!!

Offer here!

I am super ecstatic for so many reasons!

Firstly, thank you to everyone for supporting the cause and for spreading the word (:

Thank you for sharing your own experiences and engaging with the topic!

Like I implied and repeat in this topic, there is a lot of injustice in this world especially in regards to race however, seeing these responses has given me some hope that one day we’ll have a country where the color of your skin does not have the weight that it has today.

However, for now, this is the reality that many minorities face and there is still so much work to be done.

Brown Lives Matter.
Black Lives Matter.

Justice for Breonna, George, Ahmaud, Trayvon, Eric, Tony, Dion, Sean, Alton, Philando, Andres, Pedro, Raul, Vinson. Andy, Tamir.

Thank you all again for taking the time to read, and respond to this.

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 1 July 2020 at 9:14 PM

@decay

Thank you, so very much.

I'm glad to see so many people echoing support here. It's always good to know you're in quality company.

I've been sitting here typing, deleting, and retyping a response but nothing seems appropriate. As an ally, I can offer my attention, voice, and behavior. I can only hope I continue to grow as a person, as everyone should, and maybe one day this won't be our reality.

Thanks again for hosting.

(also, your mum is doing the lord's work, lol. Pizzerias keep me fed and happy)

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 1 July 2020 at 11:41 PM

@decay Thanks for hosting, congrats to @lokisonoflaufey!

#BLM!