29 November 2016, 5:37 PM
For those of you who don't know, our development team has been busy at work on Egg Cave version 3 and we're getting really, really close to begin testing, in preparation for a public release.
You can check out snippets and snapshots from Egg Cave version 3 on our Facebook, Twitter, and also Gfycat: https://gfycat.com/@eggcave
Over the next week or so, I will be answering questions from our users about the new version of the site. Ask whatever you want and feel free to include your favorite feature suggestions and functionality changes, as we will be taking them here too!
A quick run down of Egg Cave 3:
(1) A brand-new site look and design
(2) Lifted character limits
(3) Reliability, speed improvements
(5) User Shops [?] -- may not be included initially
(6) Unified Auctions (items and creatures in the same lot)
(7) Unified Trades (items and creatures in the same lot)
(8) A much more accurate Click Exchange
(9) All new Cove Lists, improved reliability
(10) So much more that I can't even comprehend...
Please allow me up to 24 hours to respond to questions. I'll be responding in spurts in large posts for simplicity's sake. Fire away!
29 November 2016, 5:48 PM
When will be released?
29 November 2016, 5:52 PM
I'm so excited! I really want to try quests. Those seem fun although...what kind of quests are they?
I'm not really that good at quests but I still love trying then ><I think the unified trades sound good.
But then...I have to change my entire profile makeup when that happens lol.
What really pumps me up is the New layout. It's so modernized and I cant wait to navigate around the site again. Will the maps be updated too?
I've seen the posts and you guys are doing a great job! I wish I can speed up time to visit the v3 sooner!
29 November 2016, 6:00 PM
I have many questions, but the most important is: will we have multiple pages in trades, such as we have in auctions? Yes, I already made this Question (a lot).
And also, in the "Search" option, we can search for Users, Creatures and Forums. It would be useful to have a "Species" option. And I'm sure staff (at least Ian) can do that, to track rarities and such. Just not sure why we can't do it as well. It would increase the chance of finding wishlist creatures. Or is that a problem?
29 November 2016, 6:06 PM
@Ian in my opinion I think it will be great if in the new version we will have something like Leila Oasis or Mysterious Asteroid, but with CC to win. Of course, not a big amount of CC, only 10-20 maybe even 5 to win, but I think that would be great for the users who don't have enough real money to buy CC or not at all. And the chance to get CC to be very small (well. not that small like the chance to get an egg from the Mysterious Asteroid *laughs*).
Or you can add this to the Thief Shop. And beside the chance to purchase an mysterious egg, or nothing, to be CC too, but the CC to be shown like mysterious eggs shadows too.
29 November 2016, 6:07 PM
@ian as someone currently trying to get through my items storage i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be able to sort items by store or by type! then i could see all my backgrounds at once when i'm picking one out it would also be life-changingly amazing to be able to search a creature's item collection rather than scanning pages to check if they've already used something. thank you guys so much! beyond excited for quests as well.
29 November 2016, 6:07 PM
@Ian Hey! I might have asked these features earlier, but now this is OFFICIAL, I might as well compile my ideas.
We should be able to search selected creatures, with feature filters like Mackatron Stage 1, Muska Frozen, Immortal Keras, or Most Viewed Flor. Just like adding filters to the Creature Search.
We should be able to have Item Showcases, just as we are allowed to with Creatures. For example, I have an extravagant Christmas item collection, so I should be able to show it off on my page.
There should be themed daily/weekly mini games to win prizes such as EC, Cave Monthlies, or even a Star potion.
We should have an official Raffle section specialized for giveaways.
I heard Promise was making an official newbie guide, so what if we had our mascot, the Yeep, to introduce any new users with either an animated introduction or maybe an interactive guide?
These are the ideas that pop into my head at the moment. Hope they get introduced!
29 November 2016, 6:16 PM
I'd love to be able to search travels in my inventory by rarity, types or sets.
For example: Items/travels that are CC, Items/travels by rarity, Item sets (such as the new plymowl bowls)
I might post more as I have more Questions or Ideas. X3
Thank you so much for allowing us to take part in suggesting stuff!!
29 November 2016, 6:38 PM
Actually, I have multiple questions XD
1. Will anything be redrawn, or will the art for items, creatures, ect. stay the same?
2. Will the quests allow players to gain cc, items, or ec?
3. Will players be able to put an unlimited amount of items and creatures in unified auctions and trade lots?
Sorry that it's multiple, but these came to mind.
Can't wait for version three!
29 November 2016, 6:42 PM
Hi Ian. Suggestion...I think it would b awesome to "connect" games together with ur friends. Ex: Scrabble, cards, etc...☺
29 November 2016, 6:44 PM
Alright lets see how many questions I can answer. Sorry if I don't get to yours yet, I either missed it or I'm not sure of the answer at this time.
1) Release Date:
-We don't have one yet. We've still got to run the new version though testing before we can release it for public beta testing and then an actual release.
-We're looking into adding many types of quests! These quests will give out a range of prizes, many of which are still being worked out.
3) Unified trades:
-This means you can offer items on creatures, creatures on items, EC/CC for creatures or items, ect. We're also looking into adding pages to the trade center like there is in auction house. No more "Recent Trades Page."
4) You will be able to put more than 5 creatures/items in a trade, but not an unlimited number.
29 November 2016, 6:46 PM
For creature revival, there should be a security code in place (like the ones we see when buying items).
I accidentally revived a "junk egg" instead of the one I wanted because I pressed the wrong key. That's a waste of 200CC and I would love to see that be prevented in the future so it does not happen to anyone else! (I know there is a pop up menu that asks "are you sure.....", but that's where I messed up >.<)
Edit: Also, if there can be a species indicator next to the picture of our dead eggs, that would be great! Sometimes I don't know what the creature is and have to spend five minutes looking through the archives just to find it's name.
29 November 2016, 6:51 PM
@orderedchaos @ian What if, in the trades, we were able to select a certain person to offer on the lot? If we specify a trade for a specific person, it wouldn't go on the "trades" list, but it would 'ping' them to the trade. I feel that would be best to prevent clogging of the trading center, while still being able to process and maintain the organization of private trades.
29 November 2016, 6:57 PM
um... will there be more than 2 genders?
29 November 2016, 7:04 PM
OMG I can't believe I made it when it's live 8D
>> Favorite feature requests: so many ;-;
- Doesn't necessarily require a junk egg for every trading lot;
- Inventory / Storage re-classification and categorization;
I also have some questions!
1. Will there be creatures re-releases? I know Ian has been quite adamant in the past about never re-releasing any of the creatures but the issue was brought back in 2015, so I guess something's in heavy consideration right now.
2. Can we get like random trades in addition to the 15 Newest Trades to refresh the system? Like it would generate occasional random recent trades?
Because occasionally some people just do TNT trades and let them sit there for a really long time, so we don't really know what's happening in the TC other than some people transferring their creatures.
I don't know if I'm making sense with this question haha.
3. Can EggCave affiliated sites -- i.e. Egg Cavity get their own eCode links to Egg Cave? So instead of pasting a hideous URL address, it would simply be visible like this one. Makes sense? xD
Of course this site has to be verified first, but it's a way of acknowledging the users' efforts.
4. Regarding the third question, if it isn't feasible or somehow cyber-wise unacceptable, will there be a Wishlist add-on or Items Archives to help things flow easier?
5. Will you accept my apology for this terribly lengthy inquisitiveness? xD I wish the staff the best in making this site boom again.
Thank you so much!
29 November 2016, 7:10 PM
This has been addressed here and there will be other gender options!
Hey everyone, try thinking of how we can improve Egg Cave as well as things to add. Think about what takes too long or things you do not like about Egg Cave as well.
ALL feedback is welcomed and needed for improving the site!
29 November 2016, 7:20 PM
In regards to the questions you have asked:
1) As far as it is concerned, I believe Ian is very much against doing a big rerelease of creatures. Although the quests might (and keyword MIGHT) be able to give you a chance at a new creature or old. We are still working that out.
2) I guess I'm not understanding this question but I do know that TNT trades really take everything up. We have taken a suggestion about hiding private trades (so those that are TNT) in the trade center to reduce seeing those.
3) That makes sense. I'll go ahead and write it down on our board so we can take a look at it!
4) We are possibly looking at doing an Item Archives as well as Wishlists!
5) I'm not sure if I can. XD Of course! Feel free to ask any questions you have!
29 November 2016, 7:26 PM
@Ian I think that for Tim's Food Shoppe, the 'Hide Immortals' button shouldn't just white out immortals, they should deselect them as well (it's a massive pain to have to go through the list and deselect each one individually - I've booked Tim's for immortal creatures of mine by accident several times already). In addition, when creating a trade and auction lot, we should have some counters that show how many items are selected: one for items, one for creatures and one for the total amount selected.
29 November 2016, 7:30 PM
When is the gobbler hunt going to be over?
29 November 2016, 7:31 PM
I know we have a little page that announces the events on Egg Cave, but what if we had an official Museum! For eggsample, we could have the first creature, the oldest creature, the richest player, most bought/used item, the most popular creature, etc. For me, statistics just are the bomb, so this would be an appealing addition. As we already have an Ark Museum travel, yet no museum, we could use the travel and "lay it under" the page for the museum!
29 November 2016, 7:47 PM
In my opinion, it would be better for feeds to give a consistent amount health and ec every time, and then for double/triple feed days the amounts can be random, sort of like the way it was before it was changed.
Being able to use items from a creature's profile or the my creatures page would be nice.
When using the cave, the eggs should appear higher on the page so that one doesn't have to scroll down every time. Same for the oasis and thief shop.
Being able to go through a cove list for feeds etc. instead of clicking on each creature on a tab individually would be good.
When purchasing creatures, from the cash shop or for prizes, one should be able to choose the gender.