creature suggestion: enderion

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

what do you think?

367 posts

kudo • 10 April 2020 at 4:38 AM

hello 😊 thought i'd give this a go yey.

i drew it all on one page but then realised i couldn't take a picture of the whole thing properly so it was all finicky and i ended up with three seperate picture i took on my laptop lmaO and then i stuffed it into one picture, my apologies for the very bad editing and photography...

yes it's really hard to take pictures on a laptop let me get away with this

https://ibb.co/VVRmRSQ

this is the enderion, designed and drawn by yours truly. 1000 clicks to second stage, 2500 to third.

Egg description:
It’s considered good fortune to come across an Enderion egg. The pale locks do not grow from the egg, rather, they seem to have grown right through the shell. The gem attached to it is tangled within the mane-like hair and can be removed, but it is frowned upon- it's vital to the health of the child. The gem is very bright and resembles a sunset, and seems to be highly lucky.

Creature description:
Most of what Arkians know about Enderions is speculation since they are so rarely seen- they are only spotted during winter nights as they seem to adore the cold but avoid sunlight. As the Enderion grows, its mane brightens as the gem dulls over time; it seems to 'feed' on the gem. When it becomes an adult, the gem completely loses its shine but still is pretty to look at- some Enderions discard the gem but most continue to treasure them. Arkians have found these discarded gems and treated them as lucky tokens.

Enderions are thought to guide lost creatures back to their homes- all encounters have described them as friendly, but preferring to be left alone with their gem. It is not known how they reproduce or how eggs are created.

wow i forgot pings

Deleted • 11 April 2020 at 7:17 PM

@silvershadow

omg I love it and thanks for pinging

367 posts

kudo • 12 April 2020 at 8:17 AM

@topaz glad to hear it ^^ np 😊

11 posts

ravenhills • 18 April 2020 at 6:13 AM

don't think i pinged properly, so ^^"
apologies if you didn't want to be pinged ^^"
@zantago
@mirime
@elivelton_white
@poe
@sinthr
@tetromino
@anarchy

Deleted • 18 April 2020 at 6:18 AM

@silvershadow

ɪғ ɪ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴅɪsᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴇɴᴅᴇʀɪᴏɴ's ɢᴇᴍ ɪ'ᴅ ᴛʀᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇ ɪᴛ ғᴏʀ sᴜʀᴇ...*ᴡ*
ᴛʜᴀɴᴋs ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘɪɴɢ, @ravenhills, ɪ ǫᴜɪᴛᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ sᴜɢɢᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs; ғɪʀsᴛ ᴏғ ᴀʟʟ, ɪ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇsɪɢɴ, ɪᴛ ɪs ᴠᴇʀʏ ᴜɴɪǫᴜᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟ (ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ sᴛᴀɢᴇ, ɴɴɢʜ, sᴏ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ). ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇsᴄʀɪᴘᴛɪᴏɴ ɪs sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀᴄᴄᴜʀᴀᴛᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴠᴇʀʏ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛɪɴɢ, ɪ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʏɴᴀᴍɪᴄ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʙᴇʜᴀᴠɪᴏᴜʀ, ᴀɴᴅ... ᴡᴇʟʟ, ɪ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, ɪ ᴘʀᴇғᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴛᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀs ᴡᴇʟʟ. ᴠᴇʀʏ ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴅᴏɴᴇ, ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʙᴏss (@Ian) ᴡɪʟʟ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʟᴏᴏᴋ, ᴛᴏᴏ! ❤️

367 posts

kudo • 18 April 2020 at 9:51 PM

@sinthr
uwu ahhh thank you *w* i was kinda worried because i thought i'd seen a similar design somewhere haha. i adore all things with big manes sooo ^^ funny enough, i like the child stage most too xD nice to see that someone likes the description yay! wasn't too sure i'd described it properly since when i drew it i didn't have any kind of description in mind lol. yess winter for the win! many thanks for the feedback ♡

more pings! (sorry :'))
@stevepat2002
@vibrancy
@achimenes
@playermocha345
@shadowfaxe

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 18 April 2020 at 10:12 PM

@silvershadow The creature itself looks amazing, and I can't find anything wrong with it, much like the description! I really love this creature, and I hope this one gets made, as well as you make more suggestions 😃

Deleted • 18 April 2020 at 10:24 PM

@silvershadow It gave off the vibes of a Zaleath's colors when I saw it. By upon a closer look, is totally unique. Do you have a specific name for the gem?

I love how you drew the creature,btw.

367 posts

kudo • 18 April 2020 at 10:38 PM

@stevepat2002
thank you 😃 glad to hear you like it! i'll hopefully get around to making more suggestions in the future, preferably digitally lol 😋 thanks for the feedback ^^ ♡

@playermocha345
ah that must have been it! i didn't want to go with a completely rainbow theme so i tried different color palettes haha. for the gem? i have no idea what to call it so i just went with 'gem' lmao. ahh thank you ♡ i could really do with some art improvements, but glad you like it!

@emilianagerson
@xmidnightstarx
@pet_cemetery
@valorie100

Female
1,091 posts

valorieviolet • 18 April 2020 at 10:55 PM

@silvershadow

This is cute! I love the fact that it has a big, messy mane and I love that it's colorful too!! ❤️ While it's kinda sad to hear that the gem looses it's shine overtime, I do like the fact that it helps "feed" the creature, so really it's all good 😋

Pings:
@tetromino
@surgeon

162 posts

surgeon • 19 April 2020 at 12:45 AM

@silvershadow Wow, did you draw this? Colors look amazing, and the concept is really unique 😊

@valorie100 thanks for the ping !

Female
1,474 posts

froot • 19 April 2020 at 1:05 AM

@silvershadow Two words: HELLA EPIC!!!

This is so unique, I've literally never seen anything like it (in a good way) and it's absolutely beautiful. The child stage is adorbs. The description is so cool! I seriously love the idea of "feeding" off of the gem. And the name too, woah, even without seeing what it looks like, you know it's epic. Would LOVE to see this made. ❤️

367 posts

kudo • 19 April 2020 at 2:32 AM

@valorie100
yes i’m stupidly weak for colourful manes and lion-like creatures yay ♡ i’m no good at colouring in things with actual pencils so i was kinda apprehensive, but i’m glad you like it!! ahah i would have liked the gem to be bright forever, but then again it’s food haha 😋 couldn't really imagine an enderion eating anything physical, so this happened lol. glad that you like it! 😃

@surgeon
yep i drew it myself. i don’t have a drawing pad so i couldn’t redraw this digitally to make it more neater :’) it’s very sketchy lol. i’m probably going to redraw when i get the chance ^^ i hate colouring in with pencils since it always seems to ruin it, but this one time it worked out lol. aw thank you ♡

@shadowfaxe
nuuu that’s an underserved compliment .////. i must admit i didn’t think the enderion would be that unique haha ahhh. i drew the last stage on a whim, then thought it would be cool if it was an actual creature, then came up with the descriptions as i drew the child stage haha. turns out i’m more a fan of the child stage x’D unloyal to my own species lmao. ah yes, i came up with the feeding thing because i didn’t think enderions would actually physically eat anything lol xD the name??? epic??? woah really?? i definitely spent a while assigning a name to this lil creature xD wanted it to sounds majestic xD me too ;’D

more pings! (sorry! :’))
@jello
@chihiro_sang
@darkladyinside
@pouncessoftly

Female
441 posts

tetra • 19 April 2020 at 3:33 PM

@silvershadow
great creature suggestion!
the other users have covered what I wanted to say, but I do love the mane (drawing it must have took a while!), the description (I love the concept with the gem) and the name! it does sound really cool.

best of luck to you, hope it gets made!
@lexicon
@pwuffy
@qtpie7
@wildirishrubyrose

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 19 April 2020 at 4:00 PM

oooh very pretty! love the gem and the color scheme ^^ hope this gets made!!

367 posts

kudo • 19 April 2020 at 10:49 PM

@tetromino
ahh thank you ♡ haha there isn't much more to say lol. the mane was my favourite part ;P didn't even take that long since i'm so proficient in drawing them ^^" the gem seems to popular haha. yay! hopefully it does get made 😃 thanks for the extra pings ^^

@pwuffy
thank youuu ♡ glad you like it! me too ;P

extra pings! (sorry :'))
@prairie
@sprite
@arcana
@sparklefox

1,478 posts

arcana • 19 April 2020 at 11:29 PM

@silvershadow
Ooh, pretty! I'm a bit curious if there's a story behind the name. When I first read the title, my brain auto-corrected "ender" into "ember".

367 posts

kudo • 19 April 2020 at 11:39 PM

@arcana
😃 lmao ember- actually that's not bad at all ;P yeah there is a bit of a story haha.
i wanted the name to have 'end' in it because a) the original concept was all about celestial bodies, b) i had the idea that this little guy was like the carrier of messages from stars to stars and c)the little guy was an 'end' to lots of conversations because it's not that good at remembering everything a star has to say lol.

lmao i had a very long backstory for all of this- the stars can't use any other creature because there isn't too many in space willing to be message birds (lol) and the enderion is the only one cheerful enough but unfortunately, doesn't have much of a good memory. the stars keep falling out of miscommunication no matter what an enderion tries! xD

eventually i realised how lame as it sounded lol so i gave up on searching for mythology to help me back it up xD it turned into a mortal creature wandering the earth, guiding lost ones back home 😊 the 'end' bit of the name stuck as remembrance for the story while the 'derion' simply became because i was saying random stuff to try and get a name that sounded right and the enderion was created!

i think that if i make another creature suggestion, i'll use that backstory 😋

@lunacharm1037
@marner
@yts

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 19 April 2020 at 11:46 PM

I love it. ❤️
Thank you for the ping

Female
3,758 posts

sparklefox • 20 April 2020 at 7:38 AM

@silvershadow - Not exactly my cup of tea, but it has a nice colour scheme. The egg has a nice design too. I personally think it looks a little too similar to the Dalahart, though. My first thought when looking at it was "fluffier, blue Dalahart".

367 posts

kudo • 20 April 2020 at 11:58 PM

@sparklefox
ah really? i was thinking it did remind me of an existing creature 😋 i see what you mean though, it does look pretty similar- letters and gems and all. they do have different concept haha. i was thinking of redrawing, so maybe i can address the similarities 😋 thanks for the feedback! 😃

Female
890 posts

murfijs • 21 April 2020 at 2:46 AM

@silvershadow its really good actually 😊 good job!

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 21 April 2020 at 4:36 PM

@silvershadow
I really like it! I could see the dropped gems becoming items on here. Very cute!

367 posts

kudo • 22 April 2020 at 2:16 AM

@lunacharm1037
thank youuu ♡ np 😸

@murfijs
thanks for the feedback 😋 ♡

@marner
glad you like it! ^^ that's something to look forward to if it ever happens haha ♡

Female
1,242 posts

senkou • 22 April 2020 at 6:29 AM

@silvershadow
I'm a hugeee fan of majestic and elegant creatures, especially lions and tigers but this one really takes the cake. ❤️ I love its cute lil gem and the pastel colours to top everything off~ Not to mention its super cute. 😊 Best of luck in getting this made, I'd spend all my CC on one. 😋

Female
1,821 posts

poe • 22 April 2020 at 8:41 PM

@silvershadow That's a really neat idea! It's cool that the colours are reminiscent of auroras in the winter and the description talks about them being out at night and loving winter. Despite the struggle of photographing your drawing, the design is still interesting. I think the shape of the hair in the hatched stage is my favourite. Overall a great description and a great idea for a creature!

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 22 April 2020 at 10:15 PM

@silvershadow
I have a super good feeling about this creature, I love that it is a more Magical/mystical looking creature and has alot of uniqueness to the design. ❤️ It stands out to me more than a few that I've seen in awhile, so best of luck!! 😃

@iia
@jlya
@ian
@skyfall4

Female
574 posts

iia • 22 April 2020 at 10:24 PM

This is really beautiful, @silvershadow!

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 23 April 2020 at 7:33 PM

@prairie
Thanks for the ping! ❤️

@silvershadow
That looks really cool! 😱 I love the idea, especially that gemstone!

367 posts

kudo • 24 April 2020 at 3:07 AM

@wild_wonders
me tooo yesss. aha thank you c: ♡ i'd spent my (non-existental) cc to buy a second one >> lmao.

@poe
excellent observation skills 😉 ♡ that was the sort of assumption i was going for- i wanted to make a starry sort of mane but wasn't sure if i wanted to really go with it so i left it lol. ah really? thank youuu ^^

@prairie
magical creature here we come ^^ really?? ahh thank you c; ♡ i really wanna see this as an actual thing lmao. (thanks for the extra pings lol)

@iia
thank youuu ♡ ^^

@skyfall4
thanks!! ♡ gemstone was a last-minute addition that turned out more popular then i expected haha.