Pokemon Roleplay

in Roleplaying

How Much do You Pokemon (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 10 April 2020 at 11:17 PM

Im bored, wanna roleplay?
Plot: All of the characters are aspiring Pokemon Trainers. And then half of them turn into Pokemon, leaving the other half searching for their friends/rivals without realizing that they have been turned into the Pokemon they found/caught/befriended.
This takes place in the Alola region, cause Alola is amazing. I'm probably going to make one from Galar next time tho, as Galar is also awesome.
Rules: No swearing (or find a way around swearing), no gore, no NSFW, no harassing others, no controlling other players' characters, etc. Just play by the Eggcave rules and typical roleplay courtesy and we will be chill. I won't hesitate to take your character out of commission by getting run over by a Tauros if you don't behave.
If you want to quit, don't just disappear, but tell the group why and make up some sort of reason your character disappeared.
Other information: I do not wish to ask for your OC's sexuality as this roleplay is not about romance, and is instead about the plot (seen above) unless you wish to have a romantic aspect of your character. If so, you can put it in "Other". By the way, OCs only, please! And don't make your team all shiny/legendary or something else OP. Suggested level: around 40. They are currently on Ula Ula island. There is no character limit, but only roleplay what you can handle. Try to post at least once a week unless you are unable to.

Character form:
OOC Name: (what you want to be referred as OOC)
Character Name: (your character's name; last name is optional)
Species: (trainer or trainer turned pokemon)
Physical Description: (how they look; doesn't need to be wordy)
Personality: (please do not say "to be roleplayed" as the characters should already know each other)
Pokemon Team: (if you have been turned into a pokemon you are your pokemon team! you can still have your old team with you tho 😊)
Other: (anything else)

My characters
OOC Name: ffMelon
Character Name: Rayn
Species: Regular trainer
Physical Description: Short with, fluffy dark colored hair. His bangs are pinned up with a single rectangular pin. Without the pin, his bangs would go over his eyes, which are blue-grey.
Personality: calm and relaxed most of the time, but changes mood quickly. When he gets mad, he literally will start acting like a kid, before walking off with an air of indifference. Even when doing important things, he will sometimes completely forget what he is currently doing and just stand/sit there for a minute before continuing.
Pokemon Team (1): Torrun / Torracat / Male / Lvl 38 / Everstone
Fire fang / Thrash / Bite / Lick
Pokemon Team (2): Raiyun / Alolan Raichu / Male / Lvl 35 / Silk Scarf
Discharge / Psychic / Sweet Kiss / Quick Attack
Pokemon Team (3): Grimun / Kantoian Grimer / Male / Lvl 36 / No item
Disable / Sludge Wave / Mud Bomb / Poison Gas
Other: Names all of his pokemon with the ending "-un"; Originally from Unova; Will speak in his native language when upset (will be italicized); Official starter is Torracat / befriended Grimer before moving to Alola / Caught Raichu as a Pichu in Route 1

Characters
Rayn / Trainer / Male (@fanficmelon / melon) *
Iris "Irene" / Trainer turned Eevee / Female (@iris1929578)
Sorva "Sorvality" / Trainer / Female (@meisawesome / mei)
Yoshino "Yoshi" / Trainer / Female (@skymoare / sky)
Leo Wyatt / Trainer turned Riolu / Male (@vanley)
Zachariah "Zach" Hale / Trainer / Male (@vanley)
Eric / Trainer / Male (@skymoare / sky) *
Lucifer "Lucas" / Trainer / Male (@birdsong /birdy)
Amber Vylose / Trainer / Female (@arcana)
Luna / Trainer turned Ralts / Female (@meisawesome / mei) *
Tryxie / Trainer / Female (@st0rmf3thr / stormfethr)
Angelica Villin / Trainer / Female (@asrieldreemurr)
*the most active characters. if you need help, go to one of the people who play these characters as they would probably be more likely to be able to help you about this RP.

Joining in will always be ok!
Another thought: The trainers turned pokemon probably got cursed by a Ninetails :0
if you all want to vote on something I'll overwrite the Topic Poll. If nobody wants to vote on something I will probably place a random poll up there for no reason.

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 11 April 2020 at 12:51 AM

@fanficmelon
(Frick spelled it incorrectly the first time)

I love this idea dbbdhfdn

OOC Name: MY_IRENE
Character Name: Iris “Irene”
Species: uhhh, I’ll choose trainer turned pokemon; turned into Eevee
Physical Description: tall (autocorrected to y’all lmao), with black hair that fades into blonde at the tips, who knows why, Asian and always wears a t-shirt, jeans and a hoodie, Eevee form will always have a little bag carrying all her pokeballs
Personality: chill. Basically, chill. Sometimes gets a burst of energy.
Pokemon Team: I... am my Pokémon team; although it does seem unnatural to be 12 and not have a Pokémon team, here’s what I had as a trainer:

Charizard / unnamed / level 43 (evolves at 36 from chameleon) / male / no item
Shiny Ponyta / Astro / level 47 / female / everstone
Gardevoir / Violet / level 31 (evolves at level 30 from Kirlia) / female / no item
Alolan Ninetales / Moon / level 38 / female / no item
Sawsbuck/ unnamed / level 42 / male / no item
Absol / Pine / level 34 / female / no item
(shows an obvious liking towards cuter/“tame” in appearance Pokemon; I like to think that after Irene was turned into an Eevee, they all group and travel together, this looks unnatural but idc)

Other: moved to alola region from the kantos region; official starter was Charmander even though bulbasaur is op lmao

Is the Pokémon team thing okay? Because I feel like before being turned into a Pokémon every trainer will still have a team, at least.

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 11 April 2020 at 10:23 AM

@iris1929578 ok! : )

64 posts

birdsong • 11 April 2020 at 10:55 AM

@fanficmelon

umm, I want to join. But what is a OOC name?

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 11 April 2020 at 10:58 AM

@birdsong what you want to be referred to out of character. its just there in case you want to be referred to something shorter than your username when we type as ourselves

64 posts

birdsong • 11 April 2020 at 11:03 AM

@fanficmelon
oh cool. will fill out forum in a moment

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 11 April 2020 at 11:04 AM

@birdsong ok! : )

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 12 April 2020 at 4:03 PM

@fanficmelon
Thanks for telling me!

-OOC name: Torre
-Character name: Sorva (likes to be called Sorvality)
-Species: trainer
-Physical description: a thin female with long, brown hair and blue eyes. She wears a light/pale green t-shirt and light/pale blue shorts (for the tropical weather)
-Personality: she likes to keep to herself alot, especially when drawing, but once she warms up to you, she is quite energetic. She LOVES to draw pokemon, and at the current moment in time, she is looking for a cool-looking fairy type.
-Pokemon team 1: Monferno/ Monferno/ Male/ lvl: 30/ none/ flame wheel/ cut/ mach punch/ rest (tm)
-Pokemon team 2: Staravia/ Staravia/ Female/ lvl: 23/ Exp. Share/ fly (tm)/ wing attack/ attract (tm)/ whirlwind
-Pokemon team 3: Eevee/ Eevee/ Male/ lvl: 18/ none/ covet/ tackle/ sand attack
-Other: growing up in the Sinnoh region, she brought her first two pokemon, Monferno and Staravia (caught as Starly). She mainly wanted to move to Alola because of all the different pokemon (and a bit on Z-moves to). Whilst here, she found her Eevee, but she doesn't know what to evolve it into. She dislikes fighting other trainers and pokemon, and attempts to avoid most battles in Alola, because of all the new pokemon.

Equip (not counting obvious stuff like pokedex):
23 poffins from sinnoh (8 sweet, 5 sour, 3 dry, 4 mild, 3 bitter)
3 potions
2 super potions
10 growth mulch
A whole lotta types of berries (more specific? Cherri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Wiki, Razz, Pinap, Payapa, and Babiri)

I used Pokemon Database as my sourse for moves and levels

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 12 April 2020 at 4:04 PM

@meisawesome You're in : )

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 12 April 2020 at 4:16 PM

@fanficmelon
Yay! But i do have one question: is this rp going to be based on the anime or the game?

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 12 April 2020 at 4:18 PM

@meisawesome tbh, its just based on the pokemon world in general. I'm leaving it up to you and the other people who join. personally, my idea came from the manga but i don't think most pokemon fans read that and it would make less sense that way.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 12 April 2020 at 4:20 PM

@fanfinmelon
Ah, ok. Thanks!

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 12 April 2020 at 4:29 PM

@birdsong
are you still interested in joining? as you haven't really replied and i was wondering if you were still interested so we can wait for you for a bit if you need a bit of time to get your character set up. if not, that's ok.
@meisawesome @iris1929578
what kind of plot should we have the characters in? going to pokemon school, off on their own journeys, etc.
no matter which plot style we go the core plot, seen on the first post, will be the same. no matter which way we go, the battles are probably going to be more anime-styled as that would be more logical, however i'd still say some of more stuff that is more seen in the manga (pokemon can die, but rarely happens; humans getting hurt in effects of battle) applies as to add more depth to the story

2,892 posts

skymoare • 12 April 2020 at 4:32 PM

@fanficmelon

ooo an RP, looks fun. Quick question. For my team, I'm I allowed to have shiny pokemon? And so I have to have a full team?

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 12 April 2020 at 4:41 PM

@fanficmelon
Hmm...maybe we're all outside? Im good with whatever, im just suggesting

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 12 April 2020 at 5:15 PM

@skymoare
You can have shiny pokemon on your team as long as it's not too many. I'd say no more than one or two shinies on a team, depending on how many pokemon your team has. Also, you can have a full team if you want : )
@meisawesome
tbh the characters are probably gonna be starting off in random places depending on what the owner of the character wants them to be doing at the beginning of the story. I'm open for more ideas though : )

@ myself
why do i keep putting smiley faces at the end of every line? : )

1,478 posts

arcana • 12 April 2020 at 5:45 PM

@fanficmelon
I'd be interested in joining! I also read the Pokemon manga but stopped after Black and White(This also means I have no almost idea what Alola looks like), so I'm not quite as caught up. I have a bit of stuff to do, but I'll make a character(s, I think I might make two.) in a tiny bit!

2,892 posts

skymoare • 12 April 2020 at 6:03 PM

@fanficmelon

sounds good. How's this:

OOC Name: Sky
Character Name: Yoshino "Yoshi"
Species: Trainer
Physical Description: Tall, black hair with a blue streak. Heterochromia eyes (blue left, red right). She often wears a black hoodie, sweatpants, and sneakers despite the warm weather.
Personality: She is a quite girl. Often keeping her thoughts to herself. She likes to spend time with her pokemon than people. She can be quite cold sometimes.
Pokemon Team:
Charizard / Blazeshadow / Male / Level: 50 / Charizardite X / Flamethrower / Dragon Claw / Thunder Punch (tm) / Slash
Shiny Umbreon / Nightshade / Male / Level: 31 / No item / Take Down / Confuse Ray / Assurance / Protect (tm)
Golduck / no nickname / Female / Level: 27 / no item / Confusion / Disable / Psybeam / Water Gun
Lucario / Fang / Male / Level: 37 / No Item / Aura Sphere / Metal Claw / Counter / Dig (tm)
Dratini / No nickname / Female / Level: 15 / Exp. Share / Dragon Rage / Wrap / Headbutt (tm) / Thunder Wave

Other: Grew up in an orphanage in a poor town . Managed to earn enough money to move to Alola. She wishes to become a power trainer. Another reason was that she wanted to obtain her 6th pokemon here

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 12 April 2020 at 7:42 PM

@arcana
ok! i have found another person who has read some pokemon manga. im so glad to stumble apon one of my kind
@skymoare
accepted ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊˚

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 12 April 2020 at 7:43 PM

@fanficmelon
soo...when will we start?

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 12 April 2020 at 7:46 PM

@meisawesome probably right after arcana posts her charactersヽ(ヅ)ノ
I might make another one myself ^w^
Edit: Aaaaah the gender imbalance is gonna end me but i don't want to make another male

2,892 posts

skymoare • 12 April 2020 at 8:18 PM

@fanficmelon

cool. We are allowed multiple? Max of how many?

Female
192 posts

vanley • 12 April 2020 at 8:18 PM

OOC Name: Vanley
Character Name: Leo Wyatt
Species: Trainer turned Pokemon: Turned into a Riolu
Physical Description: In his human form Leo has light blonde hair and stormy blue eyes. His complexion is very tan, due to growing up close to the ocean. He stands averagely about 5"6' and weighs around 125lbs, he has his left ear pierced with a diamond stud. As a Riolu, he doesn't have many defining features, he's pretty average. Though even after the transformation, for one reason or another, his diamond stud stayed attached to his ear.
Personality: Leo is a bit self centered, that much is easy to tell. He doesn't pay attention to others if he believes that they aren't worth his time, even after he was turned into a Pokemon. He loses interest in things quickly, so it's hard to keep his attention for more than five minutes. He doesn't follow instructions very well, so there's not much of a point in telling him what to do since he might just do the exact opposite.
Pokemon Team: N/A
Other: Leo was born on The Orange Archipelago, more commonly known as The Orange Islands. It's a collection of islands south of Johto and Kanto.

OOC Name: Vanley
Character Name: Zachariah "Zach" Hale
Species: Trainer
Physical Description: He has very dark brown -almost black- hair. He stands at 5"9' (fairly tall for his age) and weighs roughly 130lbs. His eyes are light green and he has pale skin with light freckles dotting across the bridge of his nose.
Personality: Zach is normally very calm and collected, he works well under pressure and is a good strategist. But due to some pretty bad anxiety, he doesn't make many friends outside of his Pokemon, he's more of a loner who avoids others if he can help it.
Pokemon Team:
*Infernape-Male-Lvl 41-Mach Punch/Flamethrower/Close Combat/Flame Wheel-No item
*Luxray-Female-Lvl 38-Bite/Hyperbeam/Spark/Thunder Fang-No item
*Spiritomb-Female-Lvl 36-Hypnosis/Dream Eater/Psychic/Shadow Ball-No item
*Houndoom-Male-Lvl 32-Fire Fang/Protect/Double Team/Iron Tail-No item
Other: He was born in the Johto region but moved to Sinnoh at the age of 9, so all of his Pokemon originated from that region due to him starting his journey there and only recently arriving in Alola.

@fanficmelon

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 12 April 2020 at 8:24 PM

@skymoare
for how many characters you can play, as many as you can handle (o^∀^)
@vanley
accepted! yesss more male characters to fix the gender imbalance

Female
192 posts

vanley • 12 April 2020 at 8:27 PM

@fanficmelon I'm terrible at playing females. Glad I could be of assistance to gender leveling.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 12 April 2020 at 8:29 PM

@fanficmelon

cool, I will just make another male character in a moment to help this gender ratio XD

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 12 April 2020 at 8:34 PM

@skymoare
ok! : 3

@iris1929578 @meisawesome @skymoare @vanley
do you want to start after skymoare finishes making a second character? :0

Female
192 posts

vanley • 12 April 2020 at 8:46 PM

@fanficmelon
I'm cool with it, but I can only get a few posts in tonight. It's almost nine here and I've got to be somewhere tomorrow.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 12 April 2020 at 8:46 PM

@fanficmelon
Yess! I dont think arcana is going to be on for a while, and im really excited for this. Btw, im editing my personality (this is a lot bigger so..)

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 12 April 2020 at 8:56 PM

@iris1929578 @meisawesome @skymoare @vanley @fanficmelon
Lets Start! Even after we start, we'll never cut off people from adding characters unless it gets to a point where we can't handle anymore.
~~~ Insert Pokemon Theme Song ~~~
It was a bright and sunny day in Alola. The birds were singing, people were missing- oh.