Creature Suggestion: The Kerilou

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Should I change the name? (too indecisive ;v;)

Female
175 posts

zantago • 20 April 2020 at 8:01 PM

Creature Design:
https://i.postimg.cc/MKp2zYBb/IMG-1961.jpg (lineart)
https://i.postimg.cc/FHbjG0P8/IMG-1965.jpg (colour+shading)

(I personally like the 2nd and 4th stage the best aha :"D the 3rd stage turned out kinda wonky and poorly proportioned so hopefully the EC artists can fix that if this ever gets made)

The arrows showing the transition from each stage is in pencil and barely visible but hopefully you can see the development based off the size of the antlers 😊 The evolution stats are: 1500 views, 3000 views and 4750 views

About Kerilou Eggs
This egg is smooth to the touch, and as the Kerilou develops within its egg, its antlers slowly pierce through the tough shell of the egg and eventually this protrusion is used as a means for the Kerilou to hatch.

About the Kerilou Creature
The Kerilou is born with its antlers already protruding from its head, and unlike usual antlers, the antlers adorning the Kerilou’s head don’t shed, and will continue to grow throughout the Kerilou’s lifetime, shedding only when the Kerilou draws near the end of its life. Due to this peculiarity, paired with the Kerilou’s elusive nature, the Kerilou was only recently discovered as before this, any remains found of the Kerilou were misidentified as the bones from a Riggert, the Kerilou’s closest relative.

Despite their elusiveness, Kerilou are now quite known for accidentally knocking over trees in the process of sharpening their antlers due to their large build and consequent strength, and on the rare occasion that an Arkian interacts with a Kerilou, they are described to be incredibly benevolent and intelligent creatures, who will quietly lead lost Arkians back to the edge of the forest, near civilisation.

Additional Information
Habitat: Forest
Length: 3.2 meters
Weight: 290 kg
Obtained from: Cash Shop Park?
Release date: I was thinking August/September but I honestly don't mind
*The colour of the tiger should be reminiscent of the silver/white Biwo or Rie, and its eyes should either stay white/silver or be a dull blue/gold, and have no pupils 😊

Creator's Notes
I personally missed the old, semi-realistic style of art with a more limited colour palette, so instead of just complaining I figured I'd just take matters into my own hand and make a suggestion of my own ^^ The description is quite simple as I wanted to focus on the design/art rather than the writing, but hopefully you guys like it! Sorry if its a bit too boring for your tastes pftaha

*This was my own idea and any similarity between this design and any other design that already exists is purely coincidental 😊

Thanks for stopping by! ❤️

#creaturesuggestion

Pings: (Sorry if you're not interested aha)
@sinthr | @krystal
@mirime | @tetromino
@nut | @thedarkarcher

Edits on Design for EC Artists to Consider(based off user feedback):
-If this creature is considered for creation, the 4th stage's antlers may need to be scaled down to allow for more room for the actual tiger to fill out the square so that there is a distinction between the 3rd and 4th stage by size, but in that case I'm hoping it won't be scaled down too heavily so that there is still a visible development between the 3rd and 4th stage via antler size.

-It might be good to make the fur on the neck/chest of the 4th stage appear thicker/more coarse to add texture, show more relation to the moose aspect of the design and better combine the two animals features, as well as show more maturity/age in the last stage.

-It's also been brought to my attention that this suggestion incidentally looks quite similar to the Yiberace. This happened as I'd been preoccupied with avoiding the Kerilou looking too similar to the Riggert, hence the decision of leaving it white/silver (I was aiming for the colours to be like the Biwo lmao) :"> This was coincidental but a totally valid criticism, however I'm hoping that the different art style and the antlers would be enough of a distinction between the two to be recognised as separate creatures :"D

2,892 posts

skymoare • 20 April 2020 at 8:15 PM

@zantago

OMG YESSSS! Tigers are so cool! Love this creature, hope it gets made ❤️

Female
1,739 posts

lexicon • 20 April 2020 at 8:17 PM

@zantago

Simple but absolutely lovely!!❤️. I love the 3rd stage haha my cat stretches like that all the time xD. Your artwork is amazing and I love the description as well! Well done!! 😸

735 posts

nut • 20 April 2020 at 8:28 PM

@zantago so cool!!! I definitely also miss the old style a lot. this looks like it could be one of the classics like the '09 christmas creatures. really hope it gets made 😊 ❤️

Female
175 posts

zantago • 20 April 2020 at 8:45 PM

@skymoare
Ahh thank you! ;v; I agree pftaha we need more tigers on here :"D

@lexicon
Ahh I'm glad you like the 3rd stage pftaha :"D stretching cats really are the cutest :"> Thanks for the support! 😊

@nut
hhh thank you!! I'm glad I'm not alone in missing the old style quite a bit aha :"D I'm glad you like it 😃

More pings: (sorry if you don't like pings)
@valorie100 | @sandara
@namyna | @oscoa
@stevepat2002 | @qtpie7

Female
1,147 posts

valorieviolet • 20 April 2020 at 9:01 PM

@zantago

Whoa, this tiger is beautifully drawn! I am so in love with it and you're art. Also, I like how the eyes are just straight up all white, I feel like it's as if it's staring into my soul when I look at the picture 😋

You've got my support for this ❤️

Pings:
@topaz
@surgeon

162 posts

surgeon • 20 April 2020 at 9:04 PM

@zantago
YES YES and YES. whoa I'm obsessed with this. SO elegant, and the first and last stage are also my favorites. Your drawing skills are truly amazing and I really hope this gets made

@valorie100 thanks for the ping ~

More pings (you guys have to see this!)
@lexicon
@whitefall
@pwuffy

Deleted • 20 April 2020 at 9:28 PM

@zantago
Omg I love it I want one
Hope get made
Never seen tiger like that before.
Thanks to @valorie100 for pinging me

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 20 April 2020 at 9:40 PM

@zantago woahhh i loooove this!!! when i opened the concept art i literally said "ooooh~" XD such a beautiful creature, i want one ❤️

Female
175 posts

zantago • 20 April 2020 at 9:51 PM

@valorie100
Ahh thank you! ;v; drawing is the skill I'm most confident in pftaha so I'm glad you liked it 😊 and mm! I was worried leaving them white would be too plain so I considered having them be a dull blue, similar to the biwo aha, but I'm glad you liked the white x) Thanks for pinging other people too :>❤️

@surgeon
aHH thank you aha I'm glad you agree with me on those two stages being the best pftaha, and thanks for pinging other users as well! ^^❤️

@topaz
Thanks for your support! I'm glad you like it 😊

@pwuffy
Ahh thank you!! I'm glad you reacted so positively to the design pftaha

Sorry my responses are all the same lmao I don't know what else to say but thank you :"DD❤️

More pings:
@decay
@jlya
@peppermintcowboy
@wild_wonders

Female
1,944 posts

chaotictreat • 20 April 2020 at 9:57 PM

Oh my goodness I love this so much!!!
It looks very regal which definitely fits with the whole tiger thing, and I love the description as well!
I hope it becomes an actual creature, I would totally get it ❤️

Female
2,727 posts

jlya • 20 April 2020 at 10:31 PM

@zantago
Thanks for pinging. 😊
I absolutely love it! It's powerful but gentle and that adorable cat face sleeping or stretching is just ❤️ The drawing is incredible and I like the description and the antlers. I'd love to see this majestic creature on Eggcave ~❤️

Female
175 posts

zantago • 20 April 2020 at 10:34 PM

@chaotictreat
Thank you ahh I'm glad you like it so much ;v;❤️ and I'm glad my description was passable pftaha :"D

@jlya
Ahh thank you for the kind words! ;v;❤️ I'm glad you like it, and yess! sleeping n stretching cats are truly a sight to see :"D

@nanami | @sodabearjess
@ravensong | @lisa1321
@pouncessoftly | @subie

316 posts

ravensong • 20 April 2020 at 10:42 PM

@zantago, Thanks for the ping! I love the tiger! And adding antlers was the perfect touch! I would've never thought of something like that! I hope that it comes out in the Cave so I can get one too!! I don't have much CC so I can't buy many creatures at the CCP shop.

Female
471 posts

sandara • 20 April 2020 at 11:06 PM

@zantago
I loved it❤️
It looks so cool❤️
Wish I could have at least 1/3 of your drawing skills, but I don't have any talent😋
Hope this get release, 'cause even if it is a CC creature I want all the stages XD

Female
175 posts

zantago • 20 April 2020 at 11:32 PM

@ravensong
Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad you liked the antlers 😊 and I don't have much cc either pftaha so maybe a cave monthly/event release would be a better choice x) I honestly don't mind aha I just think it'd be nice to see a creature I created in circulation around here :">

@sandara
Pftt thank you! ;v; I'm glad you like my art and think it'd be worth buying all the stages if it came out pftaha :"D❤️

Pings:
@snowkitties | @aloe
@megamisama90 | @arcana
@murfijs | @nostalgiic

Male
30 posts

nostalgiic • 20 April 2020 at 11:38 PM

@zantago I love it so much!! I want one :0

142 posts

aloe • 20 April 2020 at 11:48 PM

@zantago
Oh my goodness this is the bee's knees. I'm in love with the concept of the chimera, and how it so elegantly combines elements of both predator and prey.
The limited color palette is gorgeous (I'm partial to the old art style myself), and your linework and markmaking is wonderful and so, so clean oh my goodness. The way you did the shading on the musculature of the animal is super realistic and convincing as well!

Yes. Please. I'll take 12.

1,478 posts

arcana • 20 April 2020 at 11:59 PM

@zantago
This is absolutely amazing, and the description makes it even more compelling! This would be an amazing fall/late summer creature!

Female
175 posts

zantago • 21 April 2020 at 12:27 AM

@nostalgiic
Ahh thanks! I'm glad you like it x)❤️

@aloe
You really know how to inflate my ego pftahah thank you for all the kind words! ;v; I'm not sure if you still have it up (I might've also confused this for another user oops) but I saw some of your art before and it was truly *chefs kiss* magnifique :"D I'm glad you liked the linework too! I don't usually do this kind of art where you need a clear outline of all the details so that everything doesn't blend in with each other once its size is reduced to be adapted to the site so I'm really glad you noticed and liked it ^^❤️

@arcana
Thank you! and I'm glad you liked the description and think this its worthy of being created :"D I really appreciate the supprt :>

More pings: (sorry if you don't like random pings/aren't interested)
@chapus2009
@brunosc
@byfelisa

101 posts

subie • 21 April 2020 at 12:32 AM

@zantago
I really love the concept and art! You are an amazing artist. *o* Would love to see this get made, I'd collect so many haha! 😊 It does seem very similar to the Yiberace visually though in my opinion, maybe there could be something else added? ^^

Female
175 posts

zantago • 21 April 2020 at 12:46 AM

@subie
Thank you! But ahhh I can see that :0 I was busy trying to avoid it looking like a copy of the riggert that it ended up looking quite similar to the yiberace huh :"D I haven't been active in a while so I guess I just glanced over it without realising @v@ alas;; I'm not sure what I'd be able to add to it without making it too cluttered though since the stripes alone are quite a bit of detail of a few pixels to convey ;v; I guess I'll have to leave that up to the EC artists to spice it up or something pftaha ^^; Thanks for pointing that out though! 😊

More pings:
@tamomo
@wigglytuff
@cookie50

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 21 April 2020 at 12:53 AM

@zantago
oh my goodness thank you so much for the ping! ❤️
My eyes have been blessed ;-; I have to say this is one of my favourite creature suggestions I've seen, it looks so simple yet realistic, unique and majestic at the same time!! How has no one thought of this before~ I love the color palette aswell wow ❤️ ❤️

I want 10!!!!!!!!! 😈

Female
162 posts

foxerfu • 21 April 2020 at 1:13 AM

@zantago Thanks for the ping
I like the description of the creature, the description of the egg is short but to the point. I love the art but in my opinion, it could use more color like maybe some orange and brown stripes instead of all black to represent the animals it is and also to keep it from looking very similar and like an uncolored yiberace with antlers. This is just my opinion though, love the art overall and style of it 😃

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 21 April 2020 at 1:34 AM

@zantago thank you for pinging 😊 i love creature suggestions

this is a really cool creature 😃

14 posts

krystal • 21 April 2020 at 1:39 AM

Aiya I'm glad you decided to go with white bb shes adorableeee, shading n colour is vr nice we love ❤️
Lotsa people out here missing the old stlye XD

Female
175 posts

zantago • 21 April 2020 at 2:12 AM

@wild_wonders
Thank you! I'm glad you like the simplicity of the design pftaha ^^❤️

@cookie50
Thank you for the input! 😊 I can totally see where you're coming from since this is incredibly sparse colour wise aha. I'm not much of a risk taker so my colour choices were always white or orange+white so I think either way it would've ended up looking like the yiberace or the riggert since they're all based on the same animal, so I was hoping the different art style and antlers would create a decent enough distinction between the 3 creatures for it to be considered for creation :"D I don't mean for it to sound like an excuse but it's surprisingly hard to make something without it looking like a carbon copy of another creature these days since theres just so many out there now aha @v@ Your points are still totally understandable though! (I can't really go back and change it now since it was on paper ahh) so I'll keep them in mind if I ever try making something else 😊

@murfijs
I'm glad you liked it! 😊❤️

@krystal
Eyy yeth :>> Thank u thank u and lmao yeah it's nice to see other people miss the old style too x)) would be nice to switch things up a bit huhu

@elf | @smailly
@pet_cemetery | @marner
@pipkitten | @dafni

Female
312 posts

snowkitties • 21 April 2020 at 2:40 AM

@zantago
I LOVE IT! the name Kerilou suits it better 😸

Female
175 posts

zantago • 21 April 2020 at 2:50 AM

@snowkitties
I'm glad you like it, and thanks for your input! 😊

More pings: (sorry if you don't like them)
@moonweaver | @darcy_vasquez
@loveshapiro | @kat-chan

Female
97 posts

oscoa • 21 April 2020 at 2:59 AM

@zantago
Omg I really love it! ❤️ I've been waiting for someone to suggest a white tiger with horn or something like that and this is perfect just like my imagination! I want a bunch of this creature ❤️