Thanksgiving Giveaway [Closed! Winners Announced]

in User Contests & Giveaways

Female
968 posts

murmurw • 4 November 2020 at 7:53 PM

Recently, many people have been giving away creatures & doing giveaways & I thought I should do the same😸

Context:
- I will be giving you a number
- I will be using a random generator
- If I feel like there are not enough prizes, I will add more.
- Ex. If there are 20 entries, I'll probably only do 3 prizes (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Ex. If there are 50 entries, I'll probably do 5 prizes (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th)

To Enter:
1. Ping me
2. Give one example of where you helped someone or when someone inspired you to do something
3. Ping 1-any amount of people to join
- Failure to do so may not getting counted in the giveaway
Time Stamps:
Entry Deadline: November 20
Giving Out Prizes: November 30

Prizes:
1. Fangtharp
2. Kambing
3. Jelal

Entries:
1. @kelpie
2. @lexicon
3. @dreamii
4. @lokisonoflaufey
5. @dragiigy
6. @sodabearjess
7. @raindrops
8. @justagiannamoment
9. @yogurt
10. @cleokitty
11. @lothar
12. @laylamocha
13. @ravensong
14. @moonweaver
15. @thedarkarcher
16. @jilya
17. @izziedragon
18. @izziebee1017
19. @rashka
20. @blizzards
21. @emo_pattys
22. @skymoare
23. @surgeon

Pings:
@valorie100
@lexicon
@nightgale
@dragiigy
@kelpie

Deleted • 4 November 2020 at 8:01 PM

@murmurw Hi! I'd like to enter! A time that I was inspired by someone was when I was younger, my older sister gotten paralyzed from the waist down, & she wasn't able to play soccer anymore. Even when this happened, she didn't breakdown & instead just didn't allow this to affect her too much. Whenever I think about this, it just reminds about the people & my sister that are suffering due to different things & that I shouldn't wallow in self-pity. Taught me a very important lesson!

Pings:
@foreigners
@ravensong
@dreamii

Female
968 posts

murmurw • 4 November 2020 at 8:02 PM

@kelpie Aww❤️

Added!

Female
1,727 posts

lexicon • 4 November 2020 at 8:24 PM

@murmurw

Thanks for the ping and for hosting this giveaway!! c:

I love my job because I get to help people everyday. I work at a crisis/suicide hotline so I take calls from people in the community who need help finding food pantries, financial assistance paying their rent, or just someone to talk to them because they're in a difficult situation. Today I helped a young mom who was facing homelessness with finding a safe place to stay for her and her baby and got her connected to free childcare resources❤️

Pings:
@lokisonoflaufey
@pouncessoftly
@tetromino

Deleted • 4 November 2020 at 8:26 PM

@murmurw
I don't have the best self-esteem or am the most positive person to be around, anyone who I've met IRL knows that, so I remember a time when my friend was tryna cheer me up and make me laugh and to say the least, it worked. Afterwards he just told me that I look better when I'm smiling and in a good mood. Not sure why but, outta everything that everyone's told me, that hit me the most. Once again, not sure why. o//o" So everytime I'm feeling down, I remember all the things he's told me and then I don't feel so sad. He inspires me to have a better outlook on things and myself. I can't thank him enough,,, ❤️

Thanks for the ping:
@kelpie ;p

(pings😊
@distorted
@ashkito
@sodabearjess
@nightslayer300

Female
968 posts

murmurw • 4 November 2020 at 8:30 PM

@lexicon I love that you're helping in such a way! I know homelessness has been a relevant crisis in the U.S. & suicide has been sykrocketing The fact that you're doing this that can improve some many people's lives is amazing

Added!

@dreamii Aww❤️❤️

Added

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 4 November 2020 at 8:48 PM

@murmurw

Hmm, that's a difficult one. I suppose the one thing that had the most impact on me was when I worked at a bank. There was a frail middle-aged woman who used to come in and withdraw little amounts of money at a time. She was sweet and quiet and a little flighty, but the head teller didn't have the patience to wait on her. Turns out, her abusive, cheating husband was controlling all her funds. One day she came in and I took care of her - she'd just made the decision to leave the man while he was on his monthly visit to his mistress. I helped her divide the contents of her accounts and arrange her own, personal accounts. Get her checks. Her own debit card. Gave her advice and assured her he couldn't touch her funds. I really liked her, and I think about her from time to time, wondering how she's doing.

Thanks for the ping @lexicon

@laylamocha
@pegasasu
@indigofudge
@christine13531
@peachycupcake525

Female
968 posts

murmurw • 4 November 2020 at 8:51 PM

@lokisonoflaufey
I did realize that it might be difficult, but I'd thought it'd be nice to share stories of how people are helping or have been inspired by others❤️ And stories likes yours is one of the reasons why I wanted to ask something a little different❤️

Added!

Male
297 posts

dragiigy • 5 November 2020 at 3:47 AM

@murmurw

I have two cats picking them on streest 😊

@laylamocha

Female
968 posts

murmurw • 5 November 2020 at 9:40 AM

@dragiigy ❤️ I love cats!
Added!

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 5 November 2020 at 3:49 PM

@murmurw My current job is to help underclassmen with their projects in my major. I only get paid for about 5 hours a week, but they have questions throughout the week, so I also end up volunteering some of my time. It always feels awesome when I'm able to help them fix a problem or understand something better. I'm also really grateful that they are patient with me because sometimes I don't always know what the solution is, but we get there eventually. 😊

pings:
@raindrops
@sheepfox
@iris1929578

Female
968 posts

murmurw • 5 November 2020 at 3:58 PM

@sodabearjess Oh wow! That sounds tiring but it’s nice to hear you’re still doing that!❤️

Added!

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 5 November 2020 at 4:38 PM

@Murmurw First Thank You for holding this contest. 😊 **My story... I vow to help one person or one "thing" such as an animal every single day of my life. I have done this since I was a teenager helping the handicap children who were the most loving people. When we walked into the room to volunteer our help, the smiles on the kids faces & their excitement made my heart smile. So I have been doing my "helping" at least once a day since then. People need to be acknowledged no matter who they are with even just a smile. (As we have to smile with our eyes right now with wearing masks). But believe me, if you look into someone's eyes you surely can see them smile back. Be good & keep ur faith.

@sodabearjess ty so much for the ping. Ur the best!

**Always be good & proud of who U are people & dont let anyone tell you ur doing it wrong** Quote from "The Jason Show."

Pings:
@Fluffykitten
@poptarts
@sybil_howlett
@thedarkarcher
@cottoncandycat12

Male
206 posts

theposiden649 • 5 November 2020 at 4:52 PM

@murmurw hi can me is etering
I dunno.
@distorted

Female
968 posts

murmurw • 5 November 2020 at 5:05 PM

@raindrops ❤️ Added
@theposiden649 Yes you can! I wrote the rules in my first so please follow them to enter❤️

Female
99 posts

justagiannamoment • 5 November 2020 at 5:28 PM

@murmurw

Hi I would like to enter!

I worked in therapeutic staff support with children with Autism while I was in graduate school, and they were some of the most inspirational kids! I saw how hard they worked and I was Always inspired to work harder and educate myself more so that I could better help them! One of the children I worked with was the best kid ever, he was completely non-verbal but all he wanted to do was be loved and would just hug me all day long ❤️ his mother was a single mother so I would buy him bananas and give him some of my lunch every day since she had a difficult time giving him food he would eat!

Pings:
@calenlass

Female
968 posts

murmurw • 5 November 2020 at 6:00 PM

@justagiannamoment Love that!❤️

Added!

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 5 November 2020 at 6:16 PM

@murmurw

Helped a friend edit a photo for her Instagram. I guess that was the most recent haha

Pings
@magenta

Female
968 posts

murmurw • 5 November 2020 at 6:39 PM

@yogurt Haha, nice!

Added!

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 5 November 2020 at 8:33 PM

@murmurw

Hey!! This is really cool! Thank you for hosting! ❤️

I did community service at my local library! I took care of the Guinea Pigs! This helped the overburdened library staff a little!

Ping! [Please let me know if you fellas don't want to be pinged in the future!]
@stevepat2002
@prairie

Female
968 posts

murmurw • 5 November 2020 at 9:12 PM

@cleokitty Wow! Guinea pigs are so cute!❤️ ive always wanted so many different kinds of pets but my parents always say I can’t even take care of myself 😋

Added!

Female
730 posts

lothar • 5 November 2020 at 9:48 PM

@murmurw
I'd like to join!
I become a volunteer!I work in some events,help people who lost themselves,clean the streets and keep order.I think It's meaningful to me
Ping:
@nut
(if you don't want me ping you just tell me!)

Deleted • 5 November 2020 at 9:50 PM

@murmurw

Watching stand-up comedians and debate speaker face the stage confidently, it arised a yearning to be like them, to face the audience with confidence and to speak my mind. Well, I have to say that I have a long way to go before reaching my ideal standards, but at least I've started on the right track.

@netherling
@jiki05
@musical_slytherclaw
@moonweaver
@limitless
@tammytamtam

316 posts

ravensong • 5 November 2020 at 9:58 PM

@murmurw

I helped out my sister by watching my baby nephew while trying to do a Zoom meeting while she left for some errands. Ended up moving inside/outside a lot because he's a very fussy baby. Still love him a lot, but do not advise having a baby (or cat) in the same room as you are during a Zoom meeting.

Ping: @jlya

Female
968 posts

murmurw • 5 November 2020 at 10:14 PM

@lothar
@laylamocha
@ravensong

Added!

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 5 November 2020 at 10:15 PM

@kelpie @murmurw (Sorry kelpie, accidently pinged you somehow...)

I'd love to enter! I was inspired to do some gift bombs yesterday on FR when I got some random gifts ❤️

@skyfall4
@wolfkit
@qerrats

Female
968 posts

murmurw • 5 November 2020 at 10:22 PM

@moonweaver Added❤️

Female
109 posts

tammytamtam • 5 November 2020 at 10:54 PM

@MURMURW
INTERESTING LOVE TO JOIN

Female
968 posts

murmurw • 5 November 2020 at 11:21 PM

@tammytamtam Of course! I’ve listed how to enter in my first post so pls refer to that😸

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 6 November 2020 at 3:12 AM

@murmurw wow thank you so much for hosting this!

Reading all the posts above are so inspirational and really make me smile with how beautiful people can be 😊

This is a really tough one i cant really think of anyone as memorable as the ones above to really write about.

I guess ive always tried to be as welcoming as i can to customers that come in. One day a lady told me how thankful she was to have someone who asked her how she is doing especially since she didn't have many people ask her that. It really made me shocked that something so small could mean so much to someone else.