*•.*.•_*-@iia’s speech GIVEAWAY-*_•.*.•*

in User Contests & Giveaways

How do you feel about recent events after reading the speech? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
2,766 posts

jlya • 24 January 2021 at 3:58 PM

@iia
I completely feel what you're saying. I also went through a phase where Eggcave became just another thing to stress over, where it seemed I had to spend all my time feeding it I ever wanted to keep up with the creatures. I have never bought CC in my career.
I've since realized that Eggcave is about the creatures, yes, and dreamies are a great thing, but life holds enough stress that we don't need another thing, especially that's virtual. In some ways it can be rewarding, but there's much more that's important out there, and when you get to the end of your life your regrets won't be about Eggcave.
Now, I try to get the Cash Shop monthlies when I can, but I take it with a grain of salt and keep that lower on the scale. I pay little attention to the releases because even though it would be amazing to have a Biwo, I know I have more important things to do than saving up the 1k CC. Eggcave is for enjoying yourself, and if you're not, something needs to change. I'm here for the amazing people I've met and the cove I already love, and the adventures of the events. Lots of things have changed here and you're definitely not alone. But the core purpose of Eggcave is still there, and I stay here because I love the site, not the creatures.
I loved the old system too, but it had flaws. After hearing everyone complain about lack of creatures, I think this was a necessary step even if it caused new problems. I don't think the problem is really with releasing itself, it's somewhere else that really comes to light through it.
I'd like to say, rereleasing is a mess because not everyone's going to be happy no matter what you do. There's no perfect system. Thanks to @Ian and team for their best work trying to make it fun for everyone.
But all that to say, we hear you and feel the same in some ways. Please don't leave, and don't let CC control your Eggcave experience. There's so much more to this site.

ENTER GIVEAWAY

@imperialwastaken
@arcana
@vibrancy
@Veritaspunk
@qerrats

736 posts

nut • 24 January 2021 at 5:17 PM

hey @iia, no need to enter me in the giveaway but I appreciate you hosting it and also voicing your thoughts 😊 there's some really good & constructive discussion here which is really important to have!

I just wanted to say I agree 100% with @sonny's post. personally, I'm in the camp of believing the rereleases have made old CSPs a lot easier to come by - increasing the amount of rare creatures in existence so eventually if you really wanted to trade for one, it would be loads easier than trying to get 10,000+ CC or whatever these creatures were worth previously. I know it's hard to not be affected by everyone rushing to buy rereleases, but at the end of the day no one is really forcing you to get CC. it definitely sucks for those who can't use real money, but the staff team are also humans who deserve to be paid for the hard work they put into this site! and as voiced by others before, it's definitely possible to still have a good time on here without the CC aspect. I've been here since 2009 when it was *completely* free, and while the site has changed a lot I don't think it's possible to make progress by staying in the "good old days" forever.

furthermore, there's loads more to look forward to than rereleases 😊 personally I really enjoy the recurring annual events like CRW, february chocolates, advent tree, gobblers, halloween fair, etc! none of those rely on CC and I hope you can stick around to enjoy them too.

also I believe it's still possible to make friends without trading ^^ my PMs are always open if you wanna chat!

anyways, thank you for creating this topic & sharing your thoughts. really hope you stick around and kick that ECD in the butt!

Female
574 posts

iia • 24 January 2021 at 5:54 PM

@jlya
It takes time and attention to get to where you want to be or a solid person to be able to come to terms and be happy with exactly what you have. We all came to eggcave to do something wether it be achieve our dream cove or just make friends. For me personally I want a healthy balance(for myself)of each. I want to be pushing myself to progress my cove and meet new people. I’ve found that harder in the last few months and come across a lot of people who feel the same way. I admire the fact that your content with what you have so far but me personally- I’m not there yet and the current events have raised the bar and mad it harder to go about my day on eggcave. Change is hard. I just am not satisfied with my new “normal”
ENTERED

@nut
I totally get what your saying and I 50/50 agree. I do think rereleases were a good idea but I think the eggcave staff could have executed it with more thought of the unintended consequences. It’s great that people can get dream creatures for cheap but then it’s not as much of an achievement if you work hard for a month, or buy 1k cc and buy your dream creature. I’d feel much more satisfied if I worked for 5 years, never bought cc, and FINALLY got my dream creature 😊

Thanks for your responses!

162 posts

surgeon • 24 January 2021 at 8:29 PM

@iia

Honestly. so proud of you for expressing your thoughts and being vulnerable. It can be hard to say you feel alone but know we are here with you ❤️

@lexicon
@pwuffy
@cheetah
ENTER GIVEAWAY

Female
2,766 posts

jlya • 25 January 2021 at 12:23 PM

@iia
It definitely takes time, I had to be here three years before I started to learn some things. I definitely go after the creatures I want, but I try not to let that be my only purpose here. Change is definitely hard, but I hope you can find the balance you're looking for and enjoy Eggcave again ❤️

Deleted • 25 January 2021 at 12:33 PM

@iia
Hi! Although I recently joined (and I'm still figuring everything out with the help of others😊 ), I do feel a little desperate at times and want to actually use real money to buy cavecash. The reason being is that there are so many creatures that I want but I can't get them (I already gave up trying to get cc for a biwo ☹️ ). But there are also many people who have helped me so I decided to just collect critters than I can and not try to be too desperate with how much currency I have❤️

ENTER GIVEAWAY

Pings (I'm sorry if you already entered):
@duckhunter
@nightslayer300
@laylamocha
@athanasia

Female
169 posts

nightslayer300 • 25 January 2021 at 12:49 PM

@iia
I understand. What you described has slightly been what's happening to me- and what happened to me on previous sites. I don't want Eggcave to feel broken for me ever though and it kinda scared me

Could I have 15?
@distorted
@dreamii

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 25 January 2021 at 12:53 PM

@iia
Although I’m a rather new player, I get that same feeling. I see a creature I want then I look at the price and it’s more than I’ll ever have. I love rereleases but they cost so much CC, I wanted a Biwo but it costs 2k CC. I do occasionally feed critters, but I can’t spend the whole day doing that. So earning EC is pretty hard, much less CC. I do sell the extra CRW creatures I find in the cave, but it’s getting harder and harder to find them☹️

ENTER GIVEAWAY
pings(sorry if you were already pinged):
@murmurw
@distorted
@dreamii
@frankenstein
@solaris

Female
493 posts

pouncessoftly • 25 January 2021 at 1:21 PM

@iia

Not entering the giveaway, since i have the creatures. 😊 ❤️ Super kind of you to run this though~

I'm still of the mindset that the re-releases are a good thing. I'm sorry that you have come to disagree with that, but for newer players the pricing of older creatures, combined with the lack of people selling made it really difficult to ever get some dream creatures. :/ I do hope that you'll stay active in EC.

@sparklefox
Thanks for the ping - pings never bother me, by the way! ❤️ ❤️ Completely agree that the price of CC in user shops is getting crazy. I just keep watch for people selling at a reasonable price (I refuse to pay over 525,000ec for 50cc) or I message people who I've bought from in the past to see if they might have any not in their shop.

Edit: Hopefully this makes sense and doesn't come off as rude or abrupt, heh. I'm a bit under the weather and my thinking is a bit off. :/

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 25 January 2021 at 5:40 PM

@shadowdragon28 Thanks for the ping, and that's something I've noticed too.

@iia I think this is a really good point to make.

ENTER GIVEAWAY
(adding on to those in one long paragraph...)
I used to be in like 6 or 7 roleplays at a time, with each one doing ten or twelve messages back and forth a day. They were super active, and I got to know a bunch of people from those. I didn't really pay attention to when those all died, but it was around the rereleases. I haven't really been one of those "Get best creatures because yes," I'm more of a get creatures that look cool or ones I can trade for those that look cool. Biwos are one of them, and I do appreciate that they're actually available now, but I think that part of the fun was looking for people who would trade for them. Now the people that are trading them have insane prices on them that could be from sentimental value added on to the original price and they're virtually unobtainable for almost everyone. I'm not exactly sure where I'm going with this, just saying that yall have very valid, good points.

(Edit: Oops, forgot the pings. Sorry if yall have already been pinged 0-0)

@nekogirl
@dragonborn
@bgunny

Female
968 posts

murmurw • 27 January 2021 at 6:04 PM

@iia I 10000% totally agree! I’ve been scrambling to get CC even if it means selling some creatures that I really liked OwO Although I do appreciate the fact that we can buy rereleases not at the original price from others that seemed like there was no chance, I do know it still discourages ppl

ENTER GIVEAWAY

Pings:
@thedarkarcher
@hellobeautiful
@nyria

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 4 February 2021 at 5:38 AM

@iia would you look at that, i'm back from my 4th little hiatus within the span of a year. i believe that sentence more or less sums up what i have to say about this. i agree 100% with what you addressed in your speech.

my account is pretty much frozen in time at this point, i've gotten so inactive to the point where i don't even know the people here anymore, or know what's going on or know what the creatures are and stuff o-o

since i'm inactive i'm not taking part in the giveaway, good luck to those who've entered, and thanks iia for your generosity ❤️

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 4 February 2021 at 11:56 PM

@iia Please me put me in the contest.

I've been on this website for many years now, and I will say the issue of communication/participation has been worsening even before the re-releases. People were quitting because it was getting harder and harder to get creatures that came out long ago and were impossible to find, while some were (and still are) quitting simply because they've outgrown the website. It happens-- people come and go.

That being said, I've seen people complaining about the rarity of creatures for years and it's a reasonable one. And now that creatures are being re-released, I personally think it's a good idea. People have something else to look forward to, rather than struggling to get old critters, they have a better chance to get them.

Egg Cave has, and always will be, a website about collecting, be it creatures or items. It is at its core, so of course there's going to be a lot of focus on that. Does it suck that people seem to focus on re-releases and theres a hunt for cc? Yes. But as for the issue of no longer being to "talk normally" with fellow Egg Cavers, it is a matter of how one perceives the issue. I hang out with my EC friends because I choose to speak to them and reach out about non-CC stuff. I remember years ago I also felt that loneliness, but then I realized it was because I wasn't reaching out to my friends.

I can understand the frustration. But you can invest the energy in focusing on your friends rather than focusing on how many people talk about getting CC. I'm personally happy to see people looking forward to re-releases and those having a better chance at getting creatures that were previously impossible to get.

ENTER GIVEAWAY

@bunnyshadow
@pipkitten
@poe

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 4 February 2021 at 11:57 PM

@iia I'd like to ENTER GIVEAWAY.

I've been on this site for a long time now, and I will say the issue of correspondence/cooperation has been deteriorating even before the re-discharges. Individuals were stopping since it was getting increasingly hard to get animals that came out some time in the past and were difficult to track down, while some were (and still are) stopping essentially on the grounds that they've grown out of the site. It occurs - individuals go back and forth.

That being said, I've seen individuals grumbling about the uncommonness of animals for quite a long time and it's a sensible one. Furthermore, since animals are being re-delivered, I for one believe it's a smart thought. Individuals have another thing to anticipate, as opposed to attempting to get old critters, they have a superior opportunity to get them.

Egg Cave has, and consistently will be, a site about gathering, be it animals or things. It is at its center, so obviously there will be a great deal of spotlight on that. Does it suck that individuals appear to zero in on re-discharges? Truly. Yet, concerning the issue of done being to "talk ordinarily" with individual Egg Cavers, it involves how one sees the issue. I spend time with my EC companions since I decide to address them and connect. I recall years prior I likewise felt that depression, yet then I understood it was on the grounds that I wasn't contacting my companions.

I can comprehend the dissatisfaction. Yet, you can put the energy in zeroing in on your companions instead of zeroing in on the number of individuals talk about getting CC. I'm by and by glad to see individuals anticipating re-discharges and those having a superior possibility at getting animals that were already difficult to get.

@poe
@pipkitten
@prairie

Deleted • 5 February 2021 at 5:35 PM

@iia, I kind of get what your saying, I’ve only come back to egg cave recently and found that a lot has changed, old users I’ve been friends with have quit, but at the same time, I don’t believe that every user, is out only for cc,I believe that users still talk to each other even when it’s not about cc and as for rereleases I totally understand your viewpoint on that but without it, it will be harder to get rereleased creatures.

Enter Giveaway

pings
@hellobeautiful
@shirothekittehlover
@nightslayer300

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 5 February 2021 at 6:56 PM

@iia
hello!! i don't want to be entered in the giveaway, i just wanted to say that i understand how the community focus has shifted towards trading/cc. i remember the times when users constant had cc uft for ec, but now, it's incredibly hard to find. as a user who has never purchased cc, i struggled to find enough cc for the rereleases (i could only afford one).

after reading your topic yesterday, i just decided to scroll through my wall just to relive some old memories, and i realised that i used to interact with community members constantly. ec was a part of my childhood, and as a user since 2013/active user since 2015, i've noticed the shift in the environment.

most notably for me, a lot of people i had become friends with decided to leave the site, so i became less and less active. now, i just come on to check if my creatures are alive, i don't even collect monthlies much anymore!! also, i remember when there were so many community clubs and forums - personally, i didn't participate in roleplays, but i did join a lot of clubs!! none of them are active anymore though )):

that being said, if you ever want to talk to a user, i'm always here ((: i won't guarantee that i'll reply fast (in fact it'll probably take max. a week, depending on if i remember to log on), but i will end up replying eventually ((:

Female
244 posts

lilacblack • 13 February 2021 at 6:38 PM

@iia

I completely feel you, not that much about the part of the rereleases but I can understand. I first came back after 4 years on october.. the faire was running.. I got 2000 seeds that I never spent, because I felt that ECD too. I really wanted to feel the same way I felt during 09 and before I quitted the first time. I haven't gotten there yet.. because I mean I lost a bunch of amazing creatures, some of my all time faves. I thought I'd manage to get CC and trades with some of my creatures.. but no. The community is in no way the same as before, forums are not active I don't have many friends here. I remember clubs, the forum games, adoption centers, actual trading of creatures. People are indeed obsessed over CC, don't think it's only because of the rereleases tho I think that helps, but it's not the only reason. I don't think rereleases are all that bad. At least we can get more of those old creatures. Please don't quit, let's push through this together, if you need anything I'm here. We can talk about it.

I've been reading some of the posts... I feel like a lot of us share this sentiment.. couldn't we just organize and be nice to each other like old times? And maybe tell Ian that it would be nice to make more old creatures a seasonal thing or part of the oasis.. Idk something to encourage us all.. a new plot?

ENTER GIVEAWAY

@murmurw
@blackwidow58249
@poserpanda
Please help me convince her not to quit ❤️

Female
16 posts

blackwidow58249 • 17 February 2021 at 8:35 PM

ENTER GIVEAWAY

I am still new to this game as I joined not that long ago so I do not completely understand the rereleases things. I do not wish to see you go though @iia I'm sure you have lots of amazing friends on here that would be sad to see you go. I can be one of them friends too 😊 I am sorry that you feel so alone on here.

@athanasia
@shirothekittehlover
@mithmel

Non-binary
1,094 posts

distorted • 21 February 2021 at 6:01 PM

@iia

ENTER GIVEAWAY

(I was planning on entering this a w h i l e ago but I forgot about it. Hope it isn't too late to enter.)

People give up many creatures just to get a creature that will be re-released soon at a WAY lower price. So all that effort was wasted. I haven't really thought about this that much.

The forums here feel so... dead compared to other sites. The trading and game forums are way more active than the other forums. Which sucks since I'm active ig on the forums ;~; But it seems like people just use PMs and walls to talk.

I also feel like the focus of the community is getting the rare and better creatures and not meeting more people in the community. (but the people are still wonderful and amazing)

Please don't leave!

Female
7 posts

americanwerewolf • 24 February 2021 at 4:32 AM

I am new to this site and game, so still learning the ropes. So for me I haven't seen the "changes" but I am saddened that you feel excluded and driven to the point of wanting to quit :*( I hope you find new friends (I am looking for new friends!) and that you find a happy place to continue your journey!

ENTER GIVEAWAY

1. @5eggs79
2. @jassy
3. @minnie298a

Female
256 posts

possudio • 24 February 2021 at 10:07 AM

@iia I feel for you, although I would totally rather if instead they do new creatures but at the range price of 1KCC-2KCC instead of bring new ones, I just came back from a long hiatus and I've a Kringus - something I do remember is how much I sacrificed to get this creature, and now I can see everywhere and I don't have anymore this feeling of happiness and achievement. Same with Biwo, I got him on the release but it feels more like an usual pet than would ever feel years ago, where I would be dying of happiness.

Something I think would be awesome to release old creatures is something like the asteroid, that could give old random creatures - but cust some EC/CC and be harder to find than the asteroid.

Female
307 posts

powgal15 • 25 February 2021 at 2:43 PM

@iia Yeah, it sucks. But, life is getting worse, but it makes us keep trying harder to help others and be kind! Hope This Helps, Powgal

ENTER GIVEAWAY

Pings:
@kitto_z (my bro, which the game thinks is my side account for some reason o.o)
@shirothekittehlover (my good friend)
@emo_pattys
@preciousgems

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 25 February 2021 at 3:41 PM

@iia I've felt a little more depressed but I think it's more because of the inactivity of users compared to how it used to be. The forums are not booming the same, not as many people online. I think this of course is due to the invention of the leaf of vaka. People don't have to get on every day to keep their creatures from dying.
This is understandable, and I would never ask for the removal of this item. It is great help, I highly appreciate its existence.
About the rereleases... I have been looking forward to them for sure. This is how I can obtain my dream creatures. But I'm lucky enough to be in a position to buy my own cc most of the time. I don't have to scramble to trade for it. So I can't relate on that side. But I think I could see where you'd be coming from.

With all that said, I would hate to see you go! We're all a family here, so please stay ❤️

ENTER GIVEAWAY
@kdxu
@sapphire12
@murmurw

Female
115 posts

blackivy25 • 28 February 2021 at 3:54 PM

I honestly agree, I feel that most people just want to trade. It should be about your creatures and relieving stress. It has become people wanting to be "rare" I accept your decision but wish you not to leave, I wish you the best. And know if you ever need to talk I am here. ❤️ ❤️

ENTER GIVEAWAY
@Rainbow
@Demonicj
@Beta

Female
574 posts

iia • 28 February 2021 at 11:45 PM

Thanks so much everyone for your responses! It’s been so amazing to see what you all think! It means so much to me ❤️

The giveaway info will be updated over than next week or so (my life it kinda busy right now so I’ll get to it ASAP)

Female
244 posts

lilacblack • 1 March 2021 at 5:54 PM

@iia Take your time, real life always comes first and we'll be waiting here for you with open arms!

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 1 March 2021 at 8:55 PM

Thanks for the ping @izziedragon.

I don't need to enter the giveaway but in my opinion, @iia, the ECD is real. My eggcave community around 2009 - 2011 was tightknit and everybody knew each other. We all fed each other's creatures and the forums were real busy. Then the CC was introduced and the monthlies too. Yes, they were pretty but a lot of users left because they felt like eggcave was becoming pay-to-win. I personally didn't leave bc of that but bc my friends were all leaving due to that/life in general bc upkeep of the creatures were pretty tiring.

Looking back, I can appreciate the staff adding CC because you can see that the site was able to grow and give us all these different creatures - obviously the hard work of artists and site staff that was important to be compensated. This is why I can justify me buying CC now.

The thing I notice coming back now though is that yes, Eggcave's user base has become very trade centered - partly in response to the monthlies' "released once and retired forever" policy. The prices in the price guide doesn't seem to be governed by anything - just people reporting the highest the creature was sold for and if a creature was sold lower 50 or 75% it's not taken into account. Also the speculation of older=must be more expensive. And the problem with that is it makes eggcave inaccessible for people who are not trade centered and just genuinely want to collect creatures they like and grow them (like me). I think with the return of people like that, the community can be more active like it was before and you might find it more fun to be on eggcave 😊 . So yes, I support rereleases - and I don't particularly care about the "value of my creatures" because its value is the time I spent raising it to a fully grown stage - not how much it'll fetch in an auction.

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 1 March 2021 at 8:59 PM

@sapphire12
" So yes, I support rereleases - and I don't particularly care about the "value of my creatures" because its value is the time I spent raising it to a fully grown stage - not how much it'll fetch in an auction."

Yes yes yes yes!!! I don't collect on rarity or worth, just what strikes my fancy. And a lot of my cove gains emotional attachment based on how much time I've spent with my babies.

Female
244 posts

lilacblack • 1 March 2021 at 9:02 PM

@izziedragon @sapphire12

Have I found my people? God I wish there were still more people less trade centered and just help each other! I miss adoption centers, forums and just constantly posting on each other walls xD I understand things change and that's fine, I've adapted, but I miss it like collecting just because you like a certain kind of creature not because of worth.

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 1 March 2021 at 9:09 PM

@lilacblack literally, why are the adoption centers empty? It used to be full bc well some people didn't like Yeeps but some other people just put creatures there - sometimes rare ones - to make the newbies happy.

I remember we ended up making adoption coves in response to the 4500 EC fee introduction lol