*•.*.•_*-@iia’s speech GIVEAWAY-*_•.*.•*

in User Contests & Giveaways

How do you feel about recent events after reading the speech? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
574 posts

iia • 23 January 2021 at 9:49 PM

*•.*.•_*-@iia’s speech and giveaway-*_•.*.•*

*•.*.•_*-@iia’s speech-*_•.*.•*
“I feel ALONE for the first time since I’ve joined eggcave”

@iia walks on stage with her head down - frowning.
She reaches podium and then lifts head solemnly.

“This is a topic I’ve thought long and hard about. As some of you may have noticed I’m not very active at the moment. Here is my reason. I’ve been spending my time thinking about why I’m so reluctant to come to eggcave these days. I’ve developed a sort of ECD(eggcave depression). It makes me sad that it doesn’t feel the same here. Recently when I was active I found myself scrambling to find cc EVERY DAY!!! It was less about getting my dream creatures, questing, or feeding and more about fighting for cc. Here’s what my logic had become: all of my dream creatures are going to come through the Cash Shop as rereleases so I just need to get cc.
It became less about community and more about stuff(cc) I couldn’t ENJOY myself.”

@iia paces to the edge of the stage with a sad face.

“My ECD only started when the rereleases started. I’d give my whole cove just to take the rereleases back. YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT I’D SACRIFICE TO GET THE OLD DAYS BACK!
I don’t like it here anymore. The community focus has changed. I rely on trading creatures to come into contact with Arkians and meet new friends. That’s not happening!!! Everyone looks toward the rereleases and nothing else(not 100% true I know). I feel alone here for the first time since I came to eggcave”

Sobbs ToT

“Sorry folks”

Sniffling then wipes nose

“Am I the only one who has noticed this?”
@stevepat2002
@prairie
@moonweaver
@idol
@thedarkarcher

“I need a change of tone so I figured I’d add some cheer to this forum by hosting a giveaway”

*•.*.•_*-@iia’s speech giveaway-*_•.*.•*

Prize:a tervita, freezent, and 200cc

Entry instructions:
1. Read the speech and let me know your thoughts
2. Include “ENTER GIVEAWAY” in all caps in your comment
3. Ping at least 3 people

Entries:
1: @corpse
2: @shadowdragon28
3: @raindrops
4: @staceyswag
5: @rael_barclay
6: @emo_pattys
7: @dragiigy
8: @sonny
9: @dreamii
10: @sparklefox
11: @moonweaver
12: @sandara
13: @izziebee1017
14: @lisa1321
15: @jlya
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:

Entries are unlimited
Giveaway ends March 15th

Please spread the word!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS FORUM!!!! IT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME!!!!

“Since the changes I’ve been seriously considering quitting or going on long term hiatus. The reaction to this forum may determine my decision.”

One last thing...
@ian + eggcave team, if you read this THANK YOU!!!

EDIT: I will not be leaving EggCave long term I’m only going on semi hiatus 😊

Female
354 posts

corpse • 23 January 2021 at 10:09 PM

@iia

I feel ya. You had to give up lots for the old critters and it all got wasted in the end. Lot's of people are upset because of this and that leaves me to believe why a good amount of people left. ☹️

ENTER GIVEAWAY

(sorry)
@dragiigy
@dreamii
@hellobeautiful

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 23 January 2021 at 10:20 PM

@iia I've also noticed the cc scramble, but I haven't really been attempting to get the re-releases too much. I'm more focused on talking to my friends and growing my rat army. I do see how you're thinking though, and totally get that. I have been getting the more popular rereleases for gifts or investments but mostly, I have found myself trading less and less.

Edit: at the prizes part, its [/b] not [b/]

Edit #2: I don't plan on entering the giveaway, due to my lack of trading and such.

Female
574 posts

iia • 23 January 2021 at 10:25 PM

@corpse
Thanks for your feedback m! You have been entered.

@stevepat2002
Thanks for the edit
I feel ya. It’s totally a focus/perspective but my natural response is to try to grow my cove value and add to the community but the balance is very thrown off right now.

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 23 January 2021 at 10:27 PM

@iia I see that. I've also found that I prefer having a smaller main cove. It just looks better to me. I am hoping for a few certain creatures' rerelease. Anyway if you have something to add we can go to wall post/pm to not clog the forum

Female
574 posts

iia • 23 January 2021 at 10:55 PM

@hellobeautiful
Please read the entry instructions carefully to enter.
Thanks for the care but I have not made a decision about me staying or leaving. 😊

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 23 January 2021 at 11:29 PM

@iia
Since I'm fairly new compared to some others(I came back from hiatus) I haven't thought about it a lot, but I do think it's a bit unfair that older players had to give up so much more. I myself have bought a Biwo, but I checked Budgies guide before the re-release and omg the Biwo cost so much more a few months ago. I'm also a bit bummed that not that many people rp anymore. I used to be part of like 5 or more roleplays at a time, and now there's barely any active ones on Eggcave.

ENTER GIVEAWAY

Pings:
@wingedfox
@distorted
@raindrops

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 23 January 2021 at 11:59 PM

@iia Ty for having this giveaway! How sweet & kind of you to do! ❤️ Please don't feel alone as there are many ppl on here I apologetically don't have time to contact often enough either. But they are in my thoughts to be happy & well.
*Also you have a unique talent for writing & making me "see & feel" ur pain.*

“ENTER GIVEAWAY”
**My comments are as follows & only mine... I like the fact that we are now able to get the "older" creatures to collect, BUT I DO NOT like the pricing or "timing" of the creatures due to when I get a chance to either collect cc or go to get a creature they are already "sold out." I believe a better plan would have to be looked into. Just as the Quest Creatures never change either.

@shadowdragon28 Thx for the ping!

Pings:
@Fluffykitten
@Poptarts
@SodaBearjess
@sybil_howlett
@narutoswag

Female
165 posts

staceyswag • 24 January 2021 at 12:48 AM

@iia I get what you're referring to. I used to play this game in 2012 and I feel like things are pretty different now and a lot focuses on trading. It'd be nice to be able to interact with people more normally. Part of the reason that I came back was because I missed old users that were around when I played around a decade ago. I lurked on this game for a couple days and it was quite depressing, but I feel more settled now that I've gotten a hang of things and been able to welcome newer users. The rereleases really shook me because I remember in 2013 that I worked so hard to earn 500CC for a Biwo and the fact that they came back around the time I decided to come back and were going for 2,000CC was crazy to say in the least. The ECD is def real. Thank you for hosting this btw! 😊 ❤️

ENTER GIVEAWAY

Pings:
@distorted
@murmurw
@vanley
@athanasia

Female
60 posts

rael_barclay • 24 January 2021 at 1:00 AM

@iia:

Since I just joined last year and only plan on spending real money now and then, I don't expect to come into CC almost ever. So, getting the rereleases is nearly impossible for me. I've been going about my Egg Cave business the same as before, except knowing some people are probably out there spending money and snatching them up. This is cool with me, if it makes people happy. Also, more rare creatures out there is a nice thought. Dreaming of actually getting one someday seems more reasonable.

After reading what you wrote here, I see how it could not be a happy experience at all. I'm sad to know you and others are unhappy and hope that changes for the better somehow. There must be a way to rerelease and, at the same time, not have it be a scramble.

You are probably not looking for advice, but just in case, could you ignore the releases and go back to how you played before?

Also, could I ENTER GIVEAWAY? Thank you for hosing one and hope you feel better soon.

Sorry for the pings, if you dislike them:
@minnie298a
@lisa1321
@inarivixen

Female
4,149 posts

emo_pattys • 24 January 2021 at 1:05 AM

@iia Hello! I totally understand how you feel. The site is really different from how it was when I joined in 2012. I also miss some users that are not around here anymore...
And I also share this urge to gather CC to get the re-releases creatures! I'm happy that the re-releases happened, but it's very expensive indeed. At the sime time, I feel like it's the only way to get these older creatures that I absolutely love and always wanted.
Please don't feel alone! There are still very nice people around here!

Thanks for doing this giveaway!

ENTER GIVEAWAY

Pings:
@senpai
@sandara
@raitonchidori

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 24 January 2021 at 1:39 AM

@iia
Firstly, no need to enter me.

My opinion may be different. My playing style hasn't changed much. A lot of the creatures that have been rereleased, I've not desperately desired. Yes, I have bought some, but they won't be for trade, and I honestly, wouldn't have traded for them. I only own them because I could get them "cheap" and easy from the CC shop. I also suspect some that I overpaid for (my decision and voluntary on my side to find a quicker trade) will come around, and I feel I'll be fine with others getting them so much cheaper.

I have noticed the CC is harder to buy from other players. I suspect this may be the new normal. I do occasionally go hunting for it to keep my stock up in case a I come across something I must have. I also find myself willing to discount my creatures for it. However I don't feel the same compulsion of it being my primary focus.

Male
297 posts

dragiigy • 24 January 2021 at 1:54 AM

@corpse
no need to sorry about ping me. We are the same community and should contact each other so many times as possible. Ideas, suggestions, trades.... should be discussed.

@iia
I am playing for three months. And I have already said: Eggcave is 90% about CC. The more you spend, more you have. I like rereleses, new creatures....but i is all about CC. Many kids cant play Eggcave because of that and I am sure, many have left also because of CC, not just of lack of time. I have written many PMs in last months, but have recieved answers form let say half players. Because they have just made a trade and then were not on line for many days, weeks.... That shouldnt be so. And in first weeks of playing, I was blocked from two players I havent say a word with them. Just because I have fed theirs creatures. It was my first week of playering! At least they would warn me . No, Just block. Is this the way of playing? Arent they members of the same communita as I am? If only they would know, how much EC and CC thaey have lost because I cant trade with them.

Well, these are my personal feelings. and therefore I am sad, if someone decided not to play anymore. The community should be enlarged with players like you. Players, who are brave enough to say, what they feel.

So @iia, dont leave. Wee need you.

@solaris
@megamisama90
@laylamocha
@frankenstein
@thedarkarcher
@megadash
@sprite
@poserpanda
@vos

Deleted • 24 January 2021 at 2:25 AM

@iia What a wonderful forum topic. I am less active on EggCave, except during event times.

I can agree that the chances for getting CC is rare, and limited. Besides through user trading, creature trading and generous giveaways, there's only two times we can obtain CC, EggCave Anniversary Gifts and Halloween Event Top 100.

I do like the CC rereleases, however.. I may reevaluate my purchases as my CC stock has severely depleted itself. To see what further choices are for the next 3 months and trade off the rest for a bit more CC than it cost or for future CSP critters.

I mean, we do get 2 monthly every month from the Cave, but not many changes to get CSPs, other than lucky lottery winners and CC holders.

I don't.. interact much or do a lot of trading but activity has been slightly slowing down in forums. In any case, I have stopped gathering massive amounts of EC daily, unlinke 2018, where I could spend afternoons collecting like crazy. I guess the fun of EggCave comes from obtaining new creatures when you're new to the site, but gathering EC is time-consuming. Not my biggest point but it's the fact that- creature prices increase drastically. Something free from the Cave would cost 100kEC in just a few months?

Another thing would be that less players have created something fun to do in the Forums section. While I know that it's hard to be extremely consistent due to real life, I remember when there was like a player-formed small and cute newspaper. I forgot what it was called. But still, clubs are very active or anything, like the Sunflower Club.. yeah?

I really enjoy EggCave, tying to collect creatures that I like, and trading off extras. Oh yes, when I was new, it was super fun to snipe cheap, older creatures in Auctions. Like I said, pricing is wacky here, and so one can't help but like it when you can get a creature or two or ten with a budget of 500kEC.. or get a retired pet for 10EC. 😊

*not joining the giveaway
*does pinging you, iia and the poster who pinged me count?
*-_-, just a thought.. who else owns a Teason out there?
@dragiigy Thank you for the ping!!
@shadowfaxe

Male
2,327 posts

raitonchidori • 24 January 2021 at 3:50 AM

I don't want to enter the giveaway. I understand your point, but perhaps you should revaluate what makes you come to the site. Don't focus on the rereleases and cc creatures. Unfortunately, they were not made for everyone. I never bought CC here, and I missed a lot of species (now more, since I have them to a friend in 2017 after I stopped playing). My dream was having one of each specie, but guess what, I won't. And it's ok. We all have something to do here. So please don't leave!

Transsexual
138 posts

sonny • 24 January 2021 at 5:16 AM

@iia *ENTERING GIVEAWAY*
to be honest, i disagree. i definitely think your opinion is valid, but i just dont agree that the focus is on getting cc.. ive been on egg cave since 2015 (my oldest account was @thehattoffury, moved since then) and i have always just really loved it here. you have to come to accept that most of your dream creatures will be really hard to get, and you should try focusing on the awesome cove you already have, and the new creatures released each month. EC staff works hard to make the game enjoyable and they introduced rereleases to try and boost the economy of the site and make older creatures that were extremely valuable a little bit less valuable and thus easier for everyone to get. for example the biwo was re-released this month. before that it was worth a crazy amount of cc, but now its value has gone down since more of them exist on the site. i wanted to buy all three rerelease creatures this month but could only buy the goldur, and that was fine with me cuz thats just how it is. i like this website because getting creatures you have always wanted is a very gradual process. i like that it takes a while for creatures to evolve. i like that there are hundreds of different travels to collect, and new auctions/trades every day. i like that ec is easy to obtain. another thing that has kept me interested in this site is star creatures. i love them, and filling out my collection of common star creatures has been really satisfying and fun for me. i just think there are a lot of great things on this website and for me honestly, the obsessive search for cc has not been a part of my experience with it. sometimes i just get lucky and get some cc, or a creature worth cc. im unemployed right now, but while employed there were times where i considered actually buying cc because this game has brought me a lot of joy over the years and i think staff deserves it. there are also so many generous people on here, ive been just gifted several of my dream creatures. you just have to stay positive and enjoy what you have instead of desperately searching for what you dont. that being said, thank you for hosting this giveaway. you are one of the generous people on this website for doing this and i appreciate the chance to get some cc. and please dont leave for good!! youll miss out on all the new stuff!!! ❤️

woops i forgot to ping; @cheetah @emo_pattys @existence

Deleted • 24 January 2021 at 10:33 AM

@iia -

Oh my- Sorry to hear that. Personally I just got here nearly a year ago so I can't say I completely understand your pain bc I only log on to receive notifs from my good friendos bugging me. I don't take part in the creature collecting for the most part anyways considering I'm broke and the only CC that I ever gotten hold of was from an event. And I ended up giving the last bit to a friend considering I had no clue of what to do with it. I (in my opinion O-O) don't rlly find the rerelease thing too interesting anyways considering my knowledge of knowing that the creatures I want to be released aren't going in store anytime soon. I won't be able to grab them anyways. I have no clue of how to get my hands on CC and I'm terrible at trading so I just learned to give up bc ik it'll never happen deal with it. Sorry to hear this tho. Hopefully you don't end up quitting- ;A;

ENTER GIVEAWAY

Ik one of you stole the loaf of bread that was in the fridge. (There's a 50/50 chance that these ppl do not wanna be pinged or have already been pinged. My bad.)

@Distorted
@NightSlayer300
@Scout
@Musical_SlytherClaw
@Murmurw
@Nekogirl

Female
574 posts

iia • 24 January 2021 at 11:56 AM

@shadowdragon28
I haven’t been active enough to notice the RP drop specifically but a lot of people have changed their focus since the rereleases.
ENTERED

@raindrops
Thanks so, so, SO much for your support :,D
I feel like questing would definitely have been a better way to release old creatures because they have a “mark” to say they aren’t originals so it would help retain value. Questing would also build and improve the community and interactions of arkians. Buuuut the staff on eggcave need to make money and that’s probably why they did it the way they did.
ENTERED

@staceyswag
It seems like it’s become a new normal to you but because of my inactivity it’s been a hard pill to take. Since I’ve noticed the long term I’ve found it hard to adapt. The ECD has become the new normal for me and that’s not what I want DX
There is nothing that makes me happier than making a new Arkian feel welcome and loved. I’ve been seeking out and helping new users as an “antidote” for ECD. They will make up the EggCave of the future so keep encouraging them 😊
ENTERED

@rael_barclay
I feel you! But it’s definitely a hard thing to ignore. It’s hard to be involved and ignore even the tiniest thing about EggCave. As for cc I’ve never spent a penny on it(just figured I’d let you know)
I’m very open to anything 😊 I don’t bite
ENTERED

@emo_pattys
Thanks for the support 😃
The struggle is real! I’m so torn because it’s a great opportunity but has its downfalls
ENTERED

@minnie298a
That’s great that it hasn’t deeply changed “your” EggCave! Sadly that’s not the case with everyone. It almost feels like the years I’ve spent here have been a waste now, seeing my creatures going for diddly squat because I want cc. Thank you for your participation and input! I really appreciate it! 😃

@dragiigy
I’d have to say I semi disagree. I believe EggCave is *meant* to be a community first. CC is just a motivation to progress. Sadly community has become less of a focus on the last couple months for many people.
I’ll go out and say I’ve never bought a single CC. All my achievements were from hard work, time, and great friends.
As for the issue you’ve had with being blocked for feeding... it’s common. If someone does not want their creatures fed they will block the feeder (usually they clearly state if they don’t want you to feed their cove though)
There are lots of people here who care and are wonderful Arkians ❤️
I’ve suffered from this too (always an accident)
ENTERED

@laylamocha
I defiantly have seen a drop in the activity in “fun forums”
I think we should have more opportunities to earn cc rather than trading for it or buying it.
Thanks so much for your input!!!
I used to own a teason \/(‘-‘)\/

@raitonchidori
It’s hard for someone as involved as me to just ignore(for lack of a better word) a big change. I thing eggcave is about goals, community, and growing your cove value as you are in the site longer.

@sonny
It’s very interesting to see other people’s POV. I get you and I understand your point! It’s all perspective. I just have noticed trading creatures for creatures has become harder. Less people want to trade for creatures and more people want cc for them.
ENTERED

@dreamii
Cc has gotten hard to get! It’s becoming harder to progress
ENTERED

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 24 January 2021 at 12:12 PM

@iia Ty for the enter add ❤️

Deleted • 24 January 2021 at 12:27 PM

@iia Thx for adding

Female
3,806 posts

sparklefox • 24 January 2021 at 12:32 PM

@iia - ENTERING GIVEAWAY.

I know how you feel, and I agree with most of your points. The community certainly has changed quite a bit. Good luck in life if you decide to quit after all.

[My dumb brain keeps telling me "erase that crappy sob story that no one needs to care about", so I did. Sorry.]
I can admit that I may now focus a little too much on gathering CC because of these new re-releases, and also... well, what else is there for me to do now?

I like the idea of the re-releases, the idea that any of my impossible dreamies could potentially be bought at a slightly more affordable price is kinda neat. However, since I'm a free member (because why would I spend money on pixels) I have to feed a crap ton to afford any of them, and now people are slowly raising the price of their CC in their shops. That is, if I even see any in stock that's actually fair and affordable (I'm not spending 4,000,000EC on 200CC, thanks). Considering my growing reluctance to mass feed, I'm surprised I was able to afford one of the January re-releases. I already know that I won't be able to get anything next month. Who decided all those years ago that 100CC should equal 1,000,000EC anyway? Sometimes I selfishly wish I was one of those lucky people who has friends gift them re-release creatures that they can't buy.

Pings:

@pouncessoftly
@justagiannamoment
@jilltheplatypus
(Sorry if I'm bothering you.)

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 24 January 2021 at 12:57 PM

@iia | ENTERING GIVEAWAY

100% agree, I came to this site originally for trading but then I just ended up looking for CC. I met some awesome friends on this site but we all started to migrate away onto different sites. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the re-releases. Sure they're cool, but they're still expensive. The ratio of EC to CC is probably gonna rise and by then the only way to have 'fun' on this site is either spending hours feeding creatures or to purchase CC with real money.

@qerrat
@skyfall4
@wolfkit
@stevepat2002

Female
471 posts

sandara • 24 January 2021 at 12:58 PM

@iia I somewhat feel you, I joined when EC was not even this version, there was no way to transfer creatures, trading items was much harder, and other things.

I would really support it if they say that there would be rereleased only on events for Cc, or things like that, 'cause if this continues, there is no point in selling Cc or buying creatures with Cc if the next month I will need it, so the only way to get Cc is buying for a super expensive price with Ec or buying it with real money.

I agree, EggCave was a community first and a game second (in my opinion), in fact, I almost quit once but changed my mind, so that time I would not really play, I just liked reading and playing in the forums.

But it's like I said, I am bittersweet about the rereleased. I would really enjoy it if they do something else for us to get Cc, like tasks (like every 5,000 creatures you feed you get 50Cc, using 500 items...) or things like that.

And thanks for the giveaway❤️
ENTER GIVEAWAY

Pings (sorry):
@shine
@murmurw
@hellobeautiful
@surgeon

Female
574 posts

iia • 24 January 2021 at 1:31 PM

@sparklefox
There definitely need to be more friendly, loyal, and outgoing people on eggcave. I find that one of the best ways I’ve made friends is helping new users out 😊 it doesn’t take much time and effort to make a newbie feel loved. It’s a huge boost to my motivation and feeds my soul to see them so enthusiastic, asking questions, and thinking cave commons are the best things in the world ❤️
ENTERED

@moonweaver
Pretty much all the currency related balance has been shaken and values are all over the place making it a not fun experience to attempt to trade.
ENTERED

@sandara
I definitely feel like the rereleases should be made more special by putting them into an event or questing... it’s really oppressing to constantly feel the need to find more cc.
Tasks, more frequent events, and other ways to earn cc would improve the environment here so much! If you think about it, every time you buy something from the csp someone bought that cc(unless they got it from a rare event)
ENTERED

Thank you all for your responses!!!

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 24 January 2021 at 1:35 PM

@iia ENTER GIVEAWAY
I struggle with this too. I find myself being stingy and focusing on obtaining creatures and CC instead of the reason I love this site: the community. This site has been such a giving, loving, peaceful environment for all the years I've been on here. I think for me it's just a personal problem. I need to remember to step back and not take things too seriously. I personally enjoy the re-releases, it was impossible to get many older creatures before. It's still hard now, but there are more of them out there. I think the community just needs a boost. The forums aren't as active as they used to be, it seems like fewer people are here. I'd like to get some of that old spirit back. ❤️
I also wish there was a way to get CC that wasn't trading and wasn't spending real money. I mentioned this in a forums post a few weeks ago, but I'd like if there was a way to buy CC with EC. I think it'd encourage new users not to give up, and it'd increase feeding of creatures, overall just boosting activity

pings
@rashka
@thedarkarcher
@petrichor

Female
409 posts

lisa1321 • 24 January 2021 at 1:44 PM

@iia

I see where you're coming from with the rereleases. I always struggle with getting CC, but its definitely a whole other world here now. I haven't been too caught up in the rereleases as the only one I've really been interested in is the Biwo, but that then makes it hard in upcoming months if I do like others. I'm sure as the rereleases become more normal we'll all adjust and go back to being happy and friendly and helpful just like before. 😊

ENTER GIVEAWAY

pings (sorry if you've already been pinged):
@miraeggs
@whitefall
@nut

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 24 January 2021 at 1:46 PM

@iia I actually have the opposite problem to this. Having my own income has made me turn to buying cc. I constantly look at other coves and compare then to mine and feel I'm behind. It's so easy to spend on the game that I sometimes don't realize how much is being spent and honestly I sometimes don't see much progress for what I've spent. I feel if I don't spend the money then the prices will become so high that it will end up costing more money in the long run which is what I'm experiencing with older cc pets. It's becoming a massive and expensive problem.

Im not going to enter the contest because I already have the pets however I want to thank you for hosting this and giving others a chance.

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 24 January 2021 at 1:49 PM

@iia

I don't need to be added to the giveaway, but I'm glad you're doing it and that this is an ongoing discussion.

As a newer, adult player, I have my own unique feelings about the CC rush, but it reflects only my own personal situation, and I don't know if it's applicable to others. When I started in mid-2019, I only stumbled on this site by accident. I'd been on other sites that cropped up at the same time with similar dynamics, but of course, every site is different.

It's taking me a long time to write this because I keep deleting what I've written - I don't want to come across as a jerk. I have strong opinions about the inflation on this site and how hard it is to feel properly integrated without having the means to pay. Or without having the luck to fall in with incredibly generous people, or the luck to have discovered this site when it was established. There's a big disparity between the haves and have nots. I've been both. When I had money to spend, the rush for CC was exciting. Now that I don't, it's frustrating and isolating.

I made more friends when I was actively in sales/trades. Now that I can no longer make purchases the way I used to, it's going to be a shift in priorities and friendships. For instance, I think the only times we've really interacted was when I bought creatures from you, lol. But I've established that you're a trustworthy person through doing so.

Of course, there are stalwarts who'll say you don't have to spend a dime to play, and yes, I agree, but again. Why should someone suffer for years to meet the ever-increasing cost of a creature, or to trade away their entire cove for a single pixelated creature? It's insane.

I feel like the rereleases were a good idea, but it could have been done better. I'm a strong believer in limits to protect pricing, rather than immediately releasing creatures at high prices. Putting them in quests, or slowly adding them to existing holiday events makes it equitable to everyone. You're still putting in the effort and working towards a goal and it doesn't revolve solely around who has the CC to buy up stock as soon as it's available. People had to be active on the site and work their butts off to earn Tines, Luskrull, etc. And people are still willing to buy CC to trade for these creatures, so it's not like it isn't a factor at all, and that they're all free handouts.

We just need a better balance.

I hope you don't leave. Sites exist and continue to be relevant by long-time players and newer players who are made to feel welcome. My thoughts are all over the place and I hope some of it makes sense and doesn't rub anyone the wrong way. It all just observation from my experiences, but I'm learning new things every day.

Female
574 posts

iia • 24 January 2021 at 2:17 PM

@izziebee1017
Well said! Community first!
I have noticed the lack of activity in social activities like forums, trading, and questing.
It would be wonderful to get more opportunities to get cc without spending money.
ENTERED

@lisa1321
The rereleases might have to be accepted as the new normal but the community has suffered as a result and needs to be revitalized
ENTERED

@thedarkarcher
It has definitely become a tricky situation. I’m never going to buy cc because I’ve heard from so many people with the same issue. Comaring yourself to others coves is hard to avoid ☹️ It’s caused me a lot of ECD over the years as well

@frankenstein
I LOVE your perspective. In a matter of speaking I feel the same way.
Rereleases were a good idea but they were not executed in the best way(I defiantly feel like the Tine rerelease last year should have been a red flag). I too enjoyed the rereleases until my resources were threatened and I ran out of cc. Thing is, most of the people who have tons of cc have been around forever and have all the creatures being rereleased anyway. I’ve never bought cc but I have been blessed to have started off with really good connections that gave me the best start in this game.
People like me- not actively searching for creatures- are here for the community and that has been crumbling FAST.

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 24 January 2021 at 2:35 PM

@sparklefox
i've seen those ridiculous prices in the user shops too!! it's like bruh, that's literally a horrible deal